The Next Territory Wars (1/17/19) [MEGA]

Replies

• Tounet10101
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Just want to know: Why are you taking us for stuff? Can you try to do 1 good thing this year? Cuz this game start to be nonsense cuz you NEVER listening your community and just destroy TW for nothing. Do your stupid experience in GA

Edited for swearing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • I think a live Q&A is long overdue. They will actually be forced to answer questions
  • For any of these territory war changes - either bring them on for several territory wars in succession, or provide a testing ground where people can try out whatever change before the event.
    TW is a one-off thing. You can't learn much from a one-off event. Either you do it well, or you don't. Not much incentive to plan if only going to use it once. Can't learn from mistakes if not see it again.

So please stop with all the random changes. Take it slower. Make one change to TW. Leave it for a while so people can adjust. (A month, minimum.) Then consider changing again.
    Either that, or make TW totally RNG. You just roll a die and see who wins. No pretense at thinking, or planning, or learning.
  • Teofil
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Just give everyone 3 zetas every 2 weeks and delete TW, would be more fun than this stupid ban/bad bonuses nonsense. You are destroying every good aspect of this game.

• ASG_FROZEN
    13 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    The only thing I want to have is a rosterbased matchmaking, every TW we loosing while we get an opponent guild which has more G12 Toons and has between 10 and 20 millions more GM. Fix your stupid matchmakingsystem!
  • “Picks and bans may return?” Perhaps your moderators have done a better than expected job at deleting the overwhelmingly negative feedback that the community provided on your last “good idea.”

Allow me to repeat it for good measure...STOP banning characters!
  • My suggestion and personal wish would be, give those themed TWs a little background story. For example:

1.) If you want to ban characters, give it an understandable reason like, "no Jedi or Sith can take part in this war, as they have their own fights going on somewhere else". With some more details of course, and something that just makes sense in a way that gives the gameplay itself more story.
    2.) Bonuses on factions should as well have a background. What about designing some more planetary maps, put the wars into some context of the galactic history, and give the bonuses to those who were present on that planets / in that era.
    3.) Bring in fun elements that either buff or push a huge amount of characters, in a way that it really changes 'everything', but equally enough to make the fights a funny experiment. Let's say, the war takes place on a planet with unpredictable atmospheric effects... and directly before the war was planned to start, something happens that makes all shooting weapons kind of squishy to handle, or something is in the air that causes characters to get random buffs on their turn... could be anything as long as it has a context. :)
  • Is that supposed to say Jawas assisting “can’t” call other Jawas to attack? Because otherwise attacking a stunned enemy with 2 Jawas present means they attack until they die, right? And if you attack someone like KRU, depending on the Jawas, you probably never get enough damage and create an endless loop where they assist over and over again and just keep healing KRU.
  • @CG_SBCrumb Can you please tell us, why devs don't want make new "exiting" TW optional, like raid ranks? Hear us please, we want CHOICE, which TW we want to play! Make it like raid ranks, so we have option in client and can choose TW type ourselves! Do any crazy changes after it, pplz which like changes will play altered TW, old school guys will play classical TW and EVERYONE will be happy!
  • I did not vote for whatever you call...this. Terrible idea. Please never do this again.
  • I vote for original.
  • Dear Devs, please just read the posts here and you'll know what to do. Thanks in advance!
  • "Picks and bans may return"... Can't you just admit that this was a bad idea, is that so hard?
  • NO MORE BANS! How deaf are you @CG_SBCrumb?! You've asked for feedback, and the player base has emphatically given it to you: NO MORE CHARACTER BANNING! WE DON'T WANT IT. WE DIDN'T ASK FOR IT. WE WOULDN'T CHOOSE IT. WE HATE IT!

Also: Banning the use of in-game content that players have bought with real money is tantamount to FRAUD!

P.S. Loving the new bonuses being proposed for the next TW - I don't have a lot of those characters, or don't have them starred/geared, but this is the kind of change we want which is why you had positive feedback on the clone wars anniversary changes.
  • Teiz1973
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Okay..Who thought it was a good idea to ban certain toons from the TW and why didn’t that guy get fired? Seriously..this is the biggest screw-up since EA changed the fleet battle from 5 to 3. I build up my toons so I can use them for events like these. One could even consider it fraud if EA bans a bunch of them, since I paid for these upgrades.

• What if the selection that the community had to pick, involved the bonuses for the TW.

For example if single toon picks:
    Select 4/5 of the following
    CLS
    Nightsister zombie
    Sith assassin
    Mace windu
    General greivous
    GMY
    JTR
    JKA
    Darth Vader
    Commander Cody
    CUP
    Cassian andor
    Resistance pilot
    Plo koon
    Etc....

Or

For example team picks:
    Please select 4 of the following teams to gain unique bonuses.

Bounty hunters
    Jedi
    Sith
    Clones
    Imperial troopers
    Ewoks
    Separatists
    Droids
    Rebel
    Night sisters
    Old republic
    Empire
    Smugglers
    All 5 Han Solos
    The Wookiee’s

The second idea means that one toon if possible can be split into all bonuses... but doesn’t that make them more interesting?
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    My suggestion and personal wish would be, give those themed TWs a little background story. For example:

1.) If you want to ban characters, give it an understandable reason like, "no Jedi or Sith can take part in this war, as they have their own fights going on somewhere else". With some more details of course, and something that just makes sense in a way that gives the gameplay itself more story.
    2.) Bonuses on factions should as well have a background. What about designing some more planetary maps, put the wars into some context of the galactic history, and give the bonuses to those who were present on that planets / in that era.
    3.) Bring in fun elements that either buff or push a huge amount of characters, in a way that it really changes 'everything', but equally enough to make the fights a funny experiment. Let's say, the war takes place on a planet with unpredictable atmospheric effects... and directly before the war was planned to start, something happens that makes all shooting weapons kind of squishy to handle, or something is in the air that causes characters to get random buffs on their turn... could be anything as long as it has a context. :)

I think this is a really good idea
  • 'When Jawas attack a Stunned enemy, they Shock them for 2 turns and call all other Jawa allies to assist. (Note: Jawas that are called to assist can call other Jawas for further assist.)'

I don't understand. The original attack will call all other jawas to assist, and each assisting jawa will call all other jawas to assist, and each assisting jawa will call all other jawas to assist, ad infinitum?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • stohelit wrote: »
    For any of these territory war changes - either bring them on for several territory wars in succession, or provide a testing ground where people can try out whatever change before the event.
    TW is a one-off thing. You can't learn much from a one-off event. Either you do it well, or you don't. Not much incentive to plan if only going to use it once. Can't learn from mistakes if not see it again.

So please stop with all the random changes. Take it slower. Make one change to TW. Leave it for a while so people can adjust. (A month, minimum.) Then consider changing again.
    Either that, or make TW totally RNG. You just roll a die and see who wins. No pretense at thinking, or planning, or learning.

Exactly what i was going to say. I’m drowning in cheese.
    On one hand it’s pure luck who gets to benefit from the buffs from random characters/faction regardless of decision making. You either get to have fun abusing your ridiculously strong teams or having a much harder time than usual with no solution and no purpose.
    On the other hand you have to go in completely blind fighting teams you’ve never fought before so no experience at all. You get one shot that if wasted will cost you a lot (losing a jtr or nightmare or whatever on clones for example). And the very little experience you get from this you’ll never get to use ever again anywhere.

I can see some people find it fun, personally i loved tw before and i hate those super cheesy changes. To me it does not keep anything fresh, it’s just a pure luck of the draw unfair mode.
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Bonuses are good, looking forward for next TW!

"bans may return" - don't you dare. Don't you dare returning with this idea. You listen to the community? Do you? Community tells you this: don't you dare!

• Clearly the bans are the dumbest idea you have come up with in this game. You spent months helloing how you were taking sreps. Improve quality of play. In one single **** step you have destroyed any goodwill you developed. If you continue in any shape of form with banning tones that players took a lot of effort to develop I see little point in even Participating in TW. How about some genuine community consultation instead of lies about TW banning was developed based on player feedback . Clearly that statement is not true.

How about show some goodwill by stating “Bans will never return and we will not neuter any character you have developed. This is the only way we can be certain you have got the message - this was a really dumb decision.
  • QefTserCal
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Dear CG,

Thanks for everything, this TW update is really awesome. For the past few days, I have been able to keep my arena rank easily, seems like many player have gave up on the game. Arena is so much easier now. When the TW preview started, we were so confused on what to do. However, with this awesome update and banning, it seems our opponent has given up and it was a walkover.

I am so excited that there are more of these awesome updates. I really hope more of the top players will start leaving the game because of these stupid updates and I can be #1 again.
  • Donmanolito
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Please no more bans... Make more bonus changes but dont ban Toons that we farmed for a long time and that are necessary for our teams...

If you're not sure about what the comunity wants, then make a survey. I would guess >90% are against bans, but then you know it for sure.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Hahahahaha these buffs are so insane. You guys do realise that if you fail to beat a ewok team on the first attack, that means that ewok team on defence will always start with 100% tm on each of them? And then TM train all the way till you die with no way of getting past it unless you use Han... but then remember, Hans "bonus" turn at the start can be outsped BY the Ewoks because they are at 100% Tm.

A full G12 Teebo led Ewok team will be unkillable 100% of the time. Like, one team of them at the front that lives through one attack with all Ewoks alive and you say goodbye to that TW. xD

The trooper buff is insane sure, but Ewoks are going to just own this TW so hard.
  • Shadowfuze
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Capital Games, you need to address the elephant in the room and admit that the greater SWGOH community hates and is super upset about the character bans!
    Instead you've said it's still maybe on the cards!!
    Seriously!
    This Territory War has really not been much fun, a few players in our guild didn't even join because their best squads were ruined (and these are players who join every event and love the rewards).
    By all means bring the actual fun stuff of giving random characters and factions boosts, that stuff really is fun and does add to the game.
    Looking forward to the next TW for sure, but will ever be nervous about you bringing back this **** character ban idea (please, again, CG just admit that it was a mistake).
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Not sure if this was answered, I did read many posts here, but if you use only one imp trooper in a squad, does that mean it still gets all five stacks, and can die five times?
  • We're a casual guild and none of us were expecting this. Maybe put an in game pop-up BEFORE your little experiments start, not AFTER it's begun. Not everyone checks the forum. I haven't heard one "fun & playful" comment from any of my guild members.
  • CoSrenegade
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    These bonuses seem a little bit extreme. It's ok to mix TW up a little bit, but I would also like to have the original TW back on regular basis.

Oh yeah and no more bans please.

How about a new map with a ship territory in the front line, when you clear that sector, you are allowed to drop XY teams everywhere you want and can attack the front line from behind etc.

XY is based on teams per sector. e.g. you have to put 16 teams per sector, XY =16 and you are allowed to drop 16 teams wherever you want. Can "drop" them all the same sector or you split them up. Would add a new tactical element and forces guilds to communicate more.

or you are just allowed to attack a defined sector in the 4th line to build a bridgehead and open up a 2nd front line.

Post edited by CoSrenegade on
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • If youre looking for feedback, then stop messing with tw altogether!
    Its a fine, one of the finest game mode the way it normally is.
    Banning was horrible.
    Faction bonuses may be fun, but very rarely and in a much less overpowered manner.

If you have so much spare capacity, please finally make a new cap ship, a GG rework, a ship raid, a practice mode, rework the hstr rewards to reflect its a team effort, shop shuffle, carbs/guns availability etc.
    We're habdling out ideas for free. You dont have to reinvent the wheel.
    (Especially, as youre so bad at it.)
  • Need to change the name of this to CG Clown Wars or Extreme Cartoon Wars. This is what you get when things are thought of in a vacuum, this is the let them eat cake mentality, bad for the game. They want us to hate TW so badly that they’ll retire this part of the game. “Community” said so
This discussion has been closed.