Rebel Fighters in Falcon event!

Prev13
Imriel
2 posts Member
edited January 2019
I've just run the Millennium Falcon event and couldn't help noticing the Y-Wing, B-Wing and A-Wing fighters in the enemy team.

Who would like to see these three historical ships added to the roster of playable ships? Cause I would LOVE it.

A-Wing, specifically, has been my favorite ship since I was 4 yo. I really really hope the devs will add them, also because they made the models so it would just make sense!

Replies

• The real problem comes from finding the right characters to pilot the ships: unless we can have "Rebel Pilot" for all three (and then further "Pilot" characters for other generic ships), even though that would never happen.
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    They have kinda painted themselves into a corner with how they handle ships and pilots. Either we are going to lack ships that aren't piloted by named characters, or we are going to be flooded by no-name (and likely otherwise useless) pilots. I think the A-wing has a decent chance to appear, but under Resistance and piloted by Lintra.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Well we have tie fighter pilot and fotfp so why not rebel pilot. That said I would not expect all 3 piloted by rebel pilot.
  • I am so happy to see these ships in the Falcon event! Gives me hope we will see some of these become playable soon. There isn't many more obvious ships that need to be introduced than those two! If they have already paid to have them rendered it would make sense to see them sometime this year.
  • Well, a pity Hera is already with the Ghost, cause she pilots a B-Wing. But yeah, I agree on Tallie Lintra, that would be just AWESOME.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Do you know what the characters from the Resistance show are piloting? That could be a decent source for ships and pilots.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    The real problem comes from finding the right characters to pilot the ships: unless we can have "Rebel Pilot" for all three (and then further "Pilot" characters for other generic ships), even though that would never happen.

Lol dutch, vander, b wing hera seems easy
  • Demon4x4
    31 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Bodhi Rook, pilot, is sitting out there with nothing to fly.

Plus, here are already a few generic rebels they could easily throw on a ship: Hoth Rebel Scout, Hoth Rebel Soldier, Scarif Rebel Pathfinder.

Or maybe add Nien Nunb.
  • They need to just relent on all ships having a pilot. It would be entirely fine to create some generic fighters that have no pilot - the ships just need simple utilitarian kits that don't revolve around the pilot and adjusted stats.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    They have kinda painted themselves into a corner with how they handle ships and pilots. Either we are going to lack ships that aren't piloted by named characters, or we are going to be flooded by no-name (and likely otherwise useless) pilots. I think the A-wing has a decent chance to appear, but under Resistance and piloted by Lintra.

Hell, even some of the named characters we have are useless. But I 100% agree that they have painted themselves into a corner. Yes, they could always introduce A-Wing Pilot, B-Wing Pilot, etc... but gearing them up so high just for ships is a bottleneck. There's got to be a better way.

v54P6N6.gif
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Viserys wrote: »
    They need to just relent on all ships having a pilot. It would be entirely fine to create some generic fighters that have no pilot - the ships just need simple utilitarian kits that don't revolve around the pilot and adjusted stats.

Or let generic ships be piloted by anyone from the appropriate faction. Well, maybe also add a "pilot" tag to prevent some weird cases, like blind Chirrut flying an X-wing. On the other hand, this is a game where teddy bears with sticks and stones go toe to toe with Sith lords, so maybe a blind pilot wouldn't be all that weird...
  • Nien Neub has not been used yet and appears quite a bit in ROTJ, Tycho Celchu, Wes Jansen, Hobbie Klivian, While they were all fleshed out more in the extended universe they all had appeared in the OT at different points which makes any of them more relevant than half of the ships and pilots we already have.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I’m all in favor of generic A,B,Y wing pilot. Unless the A wing is the guy who flew into the bridge of the super star destroyer. Arvel Crynyd
  • Arvel Crynyd for A Wing, Nien for B Wing, and Gold Leader from Ep4
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Demon4x4 wrote: »

Plus, here are already a few generic rebels they could easily throw on a ship: Hoth Rebel Scout, Hoth Rebel Soldier, Scarif Rebel Pathfinder.

Or maybe add Nien Nunb.

SRP is already a pilot in Bistan's U-Wing. But there are plenty of no-names who are pilots (Resistance Pilot, FOTP, TFP, FOST, DT, Shore, Jedi Consular, SRP, ISC, FOSFTP, Geo Spy, Geo Soldier, Clone Sergeant). Adding generic rebel pilots wouldn't be that weird.
  • I’ve been thinking about the whole pilot/ship issue, and for as long as ship power is tied to some pilot and their gear, ships will forever be ignored by a significant portion of the player base. Even adding a ship raid wouldn’t change it. I think most people would just be **** they have to focus on the ships for progression.

The issue is that the majority of people care about the characters, and the bottlenecks in the game are related to that. People don’t waste precious limited resources on characters they don’t care about or are not strong just to improve ships that are good.

I think ships won’t become popular with the players until the pilot/ship relationship is cut, and ships have their own gear, acquired with its own energy or in ways that do not inhibit character gear acquisition.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Or maybe add Nien Nunb.

SRP is already a pilot in Bistan's U-Wing. But there are plenty of no-names who are pilots (Resistance Pilot, FOTP, TFP, FOST, DT, Shore, Jedi Consular, SRP, ISC, FOSFTP, Geo Spy, Geo Soldier, Clone Sergeant). Adding generic rebel pilots wouldn't be that weird.

It wouldn't be weird, but it would just bloat our rosters with otherwise useless characters we have to star, gear and level.
  • Jaconis wrote: »
    I’ve been thinking about the whole pilot/ship issue, and for as long as ship power is tied to some pilot and their gear, ships will forever be ignored by a significant portion of the player base. Even adding a ship raid wouldn’t change it. I think most people would just be **** they have to focus on the ships for progression.

The issue is that the majority of people care about the characters, and the bottlenecks in the game are related to that. People don’t waste precious limited resources on characters they don’t care about or are not strong just to improve ships that are good.

I think ships won’t become popular with the players until the pilot/ship relationship is cut, and ships have their own gear, acquired with its own energy or in ways that do not inhibit character gear acquisition.

The other issue with ships, in my opinion, is that it requires significantly more investment (a minimum of 8 characters, and probably more like 10-15 for an A-team fleet) than regular arena, and yet rewards less crystals at the top end. You shouldn't get 400 for first in fleet, you should get 900 or 1000.
  • Dutch Vander as Y-wing pilot, Tycho Celchu as A-wing pilot and Ten Nunb as a B-wing pilot. Then make a tag with Biggs and Wedge and create a team similar to the imperial troopers (rebel pilot, rogue squadron... who knows)
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    A-Wing: Arvely Crynrd (Kamikaze Pilot) or Tycho Celchu (A-Wing pilot that went inside the DS2/Pilot from X-Wing series)

B-Wing: Keyan Farlander (From the X-Wing PC game and the original Y-Wing survivor of the DS1)

Y-Wing: Dutch Vander (Rebels, Rogue One, and A New Hope)
  • I wonder if it's possible that some Toons would be allowed to be pilots to 2 ships. Which means if you select Ship A, you cannot use Ship B in that same squad/Combat/reinforcement/etc. The Toon's effect would be identical to both ships, but the 2 ships will have to be upgraded separately.

Example: Darth Vader can have his TIE Advanced and Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter that's in all black.
    References: starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vader%27s_black_Eta-2_Actis-class_interceptor
    rebelscum.com/sw06TSsithfighter.asp

In TW, one can be with Tarkin, the other can be with Thrawn.

Or if they ever make Delta-7B for Anakin, same rules would apply with his current Eta-2 starfighter.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    There are a fair amount of toons between table fights, TB and special events that are NPC only. No real reason to expect these ships are much different.

I do think from all this Falcon stuff (and all it’s rebel synergies) that Red 5 might be on the way
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    Where'd you see the A-Wing? Was that in tier 7?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Or maybe add Nien Nunb.

It wouldn't be weird, but it would just bloat our rosters with otherwise useless characters we have to star, gear and level.

There's enough Rebel leaderships in the game that there will always be a place for you to dump well geared rebel pilots for tw and ga.
  • I'm so excited! The pilot for the B-Wing could be tricky, then again look at the table top games with a B-Wing and they'll list pilots

But the Y-Wing you could have NH or ROJ pilots most notable maybe have Gold Leader Dutch Vander

A-Wing I would like either Green Leader Avrel Crynyd or Poe Dameron's Mother Shara Bey she flew as Green squadron at the battle of Endor
  • Hoth bros for rebel ships!
  • Another possible way to handle the introduction of too many new pilots would be, to have one char piloting more than one ship, with a certain constraint in using ships with the same pilot.

Eg. Hera with Ghost and a B-Wing. If you want to use the B-Wing, you can not use the Ghost or the other way around. Or you can use B-Wing and Ghost, but Heras stats are removed from Ghosts stats.

Another way is a rebel pilot, who has the possibility of a A, B, X and Y-Wing, but he can just use one of these.

Same goes for the ITFP: Common ships are the already ingame ITF as well as the not ingame TIE-Bomber, TIE Interceptor and many more.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    The one worry about more rebel ships that I have is that the devs would have to be careful to ensure that it doesn't buff Rebels too much. They are at the moment probably the strongest fleet faction (since **** introduction).

Too much of a buff might not be the best thing in the world.
  • RawneKarrde
    214 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Imriel wrote: »
    Well, a pity Hera is already with the Ghost, cause she pilots a B-Wing. But yeah, I agree on Tallie Lintra, that would be just AWESOME.

Hera piloted an A-wing and maybe a Y-wing in the show too. Also, Sabine piloted an A-wing alongside Hera in that episode.

I personally want the tie-interceptor 182nd paint job, tie defender, and bomber.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Where'd you see the A-Wing? Was that in tier 7?

It's the first reinforcement the Home One calls. It's in all tiers.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/