New Jango leader strategy on Sith Phase 3!

Prev1
Hey gang, just discovered something very interesting, and a quick search of the forums didn't pull up anything indicating this was a known strategy, so I figured I should bring it to the attention of other players ASAP.

I just got Jango to 7 stars, and to celebrate I fiddled around with him again in the Sith Raid. My clan is on Tier VI, Phase 3 at the moment so I threw him at Traya with Boba, Zam, Cad Bane, and IG-88. I noticed something about a minute in, then retreated and restarted to confirm.

Jango's leader ability prevents burning enemies from gaining bonus turn meter. As it turns out, that INCLUDES Traya at the end of a topple. So her lightsabers respawn and attack like normal after the topple, but she does not. This effectively makes it possible to DOUBLE the number of times you can topple her. Combined with the increasing crit damage for BH's, you can ramp up your damage a ton by the end of the run. I did over 9 million damage during this attempt.

I don't know what characters are the absolute best for this, but IG-88 is a must since he can reduce enemy Tenacity further with critical hits once you get the contract bonus. If you have Boba on your team, you also definitely don't want to use Execute on Traya, as you'll dispel the burn. I'm thinking throwing Aurra into this team could significantly boost the overall damage since so much time is spent with Traya toppled.

I highly recommend other players try this out and see if they can find an ideal BH combination for it. It seems like Jango may have just taken the mantle for best BH leader in the raid if this continues to work.

Replies

• Skiddlydiddly
    129 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Jango leadership nerf incoming.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    That'll work once or twice, but her stacking tenacity will likely prevent burning from sticking after a couple topples, even with Jango's lead.

Still, neat trick for getting a bit of extra mileage out of the bounty hunters.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    That'll work once or twice, but her stacking tenacity will likely prevent burning from sticking after a couple topples, even with Jango's lead.

Tenacity in STR gets reset when the boss takes a turn. It doesn't stack to infinity.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

Tenacity in STR gets reset when the boss takes a turn. It doesn't stack to infinity.

Traya also gains permanent tenacity every time you kill a saber.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Woodroward wrote: »

The tenacity bonus from saber deaths does stack. So she essentially stacks 30% each topple.
  • Stack up crit damage from killing sabres then do a variation of Flaming Hot Greedo:

Taunt with Bossk - Grant offense up to Greedo.

Fire away in stand alone after a bunch of turns. Save Greedo's stand alone until later in the battle. Use someone else earlier if needed.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    This is where IG-88's contract bonus and Jango's Conflagration come in. 88 reduces the target's Tenacity by 10% every time he crits once you complete the contract, and Jango does the same when he uses Conflagration on Traya when she's already debuffed. Those two combined can easily counter her Tenacity bonuses. On my attempt this morning, I was still successfully applying burns through to the end of the fight, with only a couple around the middle of the fight that didn't stick. She ended up getting one turn about five topples in, but that was it until Enrage.

Potency on Jango is definitely important to help guarantee the burns, but between him and 88 (not to mention the starting Tenacity reduction from his leader ability), Traya is susceptible to debuffs through pretty much the entire battle.
  • Jango leadership nerf incoming.
    Definitely a bit worried that this will turn out to be a bug. Would suck if they fix it, especially since Jango otherwise doesn't have much special going for him in any of the raids.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    This is where IG-88's contract bonus and Jango's Conflagration come in. 88 reduces the target's Tenacity by 10% every time he crits once you complete the contract, and Jango does the same when he uses Conflagration on Traya when she's already debuffed. Those two combined can easily counter her Tenacity bonuses. On my attempt this morning, I was still successfully applying burns through to the end of the fight, with only a couple around the middle of the fight that didn't stick. She ended up getting one turn about five topples in, but that was it until Enrage.

Potency on Jango is definitely important to help guarantee the burns, but between him and 88 (not to mention the starting Tenacity reduction from his leader ability), Traya is susceptible to debuffs through pretty much the entire battle.

Neat. Would be innarested to see if it works on Heroic.

I'll have to try it someday in the distant future when I'm not scrambling for various legendaries and I can actually farm Jango up.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Man I never even noticed that about 88s contract. He should be helpful in numerous spots in the Raid.
  • So what's the lineup then?i have all the BH 7* most G12 and zetas galore. Love to give this a try
  • This is cool, haven’t seen this one yet anywhere. Nice work.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Man I never even noticed that about 88s contract. He should be helpful in numerous spots in the Raid.
    I use a thermal detonator BH squad in P3 from the start... Thanks to IG-88 i can land detonators from turn 1 to 15 (also T6 though) so i can see it working so good xD
    U only need high potency and just 3 ig88 his in each topple... Using jango it would be even easyest xD

I dont think it deserve a nerf cuz u will just topple her 15 times wihout letting her get a turn, but after that those enrraged lightsabers at 100% TM will kill u assap...
    Adding aurra to the mix would improve the damage a lot but i think its imposible to solo it... Maybe 20kk at most
  • So what's the lineup then?i have all the BH 7* most G12 and zetas galore. Love to give this a try

I supose its jango to prevent TM after topple, IG88 to lower tenacity (**** well as jango), dengar for assist (ig88 assist lower ten even more), aurra as the main damage source and boosk to give attack up buff as well as another 1-2 ig assit each topple xD
    "I just got Jango to 7 stars, and to celebrate I fiddled around with him again in the Sith Raid. My clan is on Tier VI, Phase 3 at the moment so I threw him at Traya with Boba, Zam, Cad Bane, and IG-88."

He said in the first post.
  • I think the ideal lineup would be Jango, Aurra Sing, IG-88, Greedo, and your choice for a 5th, but I'd go with Bossk.

Jango and IG-88 are must haves for your strategy, Greedo would be there to give everyone crit chance up, Aurra sing because she's made for taking on toppled enemies, and Bossk would be there to give everyone offense up and mass assist to maybe get the contract off faster or something.

Good strategy, I'll share it around.
  • CarSickShoe
    199 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    This is amazing. Seems like you could run:

Jango
    Bossk
    Greedo/Embo
    Chewie (?) Or other BH

And

Aurra Sing
    Boba
    Embo/Greedo
    Dengar
    Nest

To do massive damage in P3. Could be helpful for guilds who don't quite have HSTR on farm or are relying on the zFinn/c3po cheese.
  • This is amazing.

Are you in a serious relationship with your "enter" key?
  • This is amazing. Seems like you could run:

Jango
    Bossk
    Greedo/Embo
    Chewie (?) Or other BH

Since you're trashing her tenacity anyway, Zam probably works in the last slot since she'll actually be able to land detonators.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• If you're not using aurra on phase 3, that's a mistake...
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    If you're not using aurra on phase 3, that's a mistake...

I think the point is that if this works consistently you could use both on separate teams.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• BucklingSwashes
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    No idea if this still works on Heroic, but with Traya herself practically crippled for the entire fight, as long as the sabers don't take anyone out, it should be pretty effective. If anyone here gets a chance to try it, let us know!

I think the lineup I'll try next is Jango, 88, Bossk, Dengar, Aurra. Getting extra assists from Bossk and Dengar should help 88 reduce tenacity even further and potentially get Aurra some extra attacks during topples, and of course there's the extra offense and cooldown reduction from Bossk's specials. We'll see how it goes on my clan's next attempt.

That leaves Embo lead with Greedo, Cad Bane, Boba, and Zam for Phase 1. All but Zam are on my normal Phase 1 Embo team already, and while she's not super helpful there, I think I'd rather use Bossk with that Jango team. I'll try swapping those two out to compare damage totals though. Maybe Zam in place of Bossk against Traya will give enough thermal damage to offset some of the lost assists and cooldown reduction, especially with Dengar dropping dets as well.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I'm not an expert on Heroic, but would guess Zam for p3 and Bossk for P1. Extra attacker for P3 should increase damage.
  • The key would be jango, 88, boosk, aurra +1 in a team
    So u can use boba L +greedo in a greedo mix team to use last stand for big dammage in a short time also xD
  • I'm skeptical until someone tries it on heroic. Tray's base tenacity is much higher in heroic than in t6.

I could do 3 mil in t6 with sith and all their debuffs landed pretty well. But in heroic they don't land hardly at all. Even with massive potency on vader. So that team can only do 200 to 300k.

I'm thinking this could be the same type if thing.
  • I'm skeptical until someone tries it on heroic. Tray's base tenacity is much higher in heroic than in t6.

I could do 3 mil in t6 with sith and all their debuffs landed pretty well. But in heroic they don't land hardly at all. Even with massive potency on vader. So that team can only do 200 to 300k.

I'm thinking this could be the same type if thing.

IG88 removes 10% tenacity (stacking) from an enemy every time he crits them. This means that as long as he crits Traya 4 times for every combined topple/non-topple phase, her tenacity will be gradually decreasing throughout the fight. So even if it doesn't work immediately in heroic, it should work by the end of the fight (unless your 88 is really slow).
  • VonZant wrote: »
    I'm not an expert on Heroic, but would guess Zam for p3 and Bossk for P1. Extra attacker for P3 should increase damage.
    I was initially thinking that, too, but it occurred to me that Bossk's Offense Up for the Jango team might make a bigger difference in the long run. And Bossk simply isn't as useful on Phase 1. Embo's leader Zeta grants everyone near-constant Offense Up already, and since the ideal strategy is to use basics constantly once you get the contract anyway, Bossk's taunt/frenzy/cooldown reduction doesn't serve much of a purpose.

I'll still try both Zam/Bossk placements to compare, though. Still surprised that this strategy even works, but considering I've already nearly doubled my damage compared to my Aurra-led team, I think Jango may be the ideal BH leader in P3.
  • Osee_P
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Dude, try it with our guild, we are part of alliance, and if this tactics is works, it's a good tactics...we have hstr in farm hut shoulsnt be problem
  • LordOfAzkaban
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I have hstr tonight and I have a double zeta Jango my ig88 is just ok though. I’ll try it out but I don’t think it works. I remember doing quite well with Jango in phase 6 in my old guild. Hstr is much different. I use Jango but just as team member with Boba lead. I’ll give it a few tries tonight