Rebel Fighters in Falcon event!

Replies

• HK22
    644 posts Member
    Hera would not work for the actual B-Wing model since she flew the prototype. If you allowed her to do the B-Wing, then Wedge Antilles should be allowed to pilot the A-Wing since he flew one constantly as a member of Phoenix Squadron.

Based off of Rebels, you could give Hobbie the A-Wing instead of Crynrd or Celchu..........but lets throw the EU a bone shall we?
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    So many possibilities for pilots, from the Hoth bros. To creating new generic or named characters. As we wait for Red 5 and Porkins. We need Porkins. :D
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    The real problem comes from finding the right characters to pilot the ships: unless we can have "Rebel Pilot" for all three (and then further "Pilot" characters for other generic ships), even though that would never happen.

Problem? Just name them:"A-Wing Pilot", "B-Wing Pilot" and "Y-Wing Pilot".

No big deal since we already got "Resistance Pilot"

Problem solved.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    The real problem comes from finding the right characters to pilot the ships: unless we can have "Rebel Pilot" for all three (and then further "Pilot" characters for other generic ships), even though that would never happen.

Problem solved.

The only problem is people whining that if they release keynan, or dutch, or porkins, or "deres trow many of dem" guy as marquees people will complain that they are beating revan teams and such lol.

No one will buy them if they are not OP...

Better solution.....Marquee the ship, release no name or character who's toon should not be OP into the fleet or Galactic War store... They can make money off people panic farming gear if the ship is real good.

They make money of ship marquee and people buying gear....and the good will is letting us farm characters in fleet or GW store
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    No will expect a no name pilot to beat revan in arena.
  • Naraic wrote: »

Until he does because the devs didn't think to test the matchup....
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    The real problem is this;
    Xwing looks like an x
    Awing looks like an a
    Ywing looks like a y
    Bwing looks like t, but why?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    Xwing looks like an x
    Awing looks like an a
    Ywing looks like a y

And none of them look like the respective characters in Aurebesh, the font actually used in Star Wars.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Gogogogogogogoogogoox9yjcp3ztie.png
  • Monel wrote: »
    Xwing looks like an x
    Awing looks like an a
    Ywing looks like a y

It's short for "Blade Wing"
  • There's another problem with the ships: Their kits.
    Much of the stuff during the battle is either generic or reskinned - B-Wing has Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle basic, A-Wing has Phantom II's Critical Hit Immunity & Unique while B-Wing is present (thereby also making B-Wing a Ghost reskin), and Y-Wing has a generic AOE attack.
    Sadly, I don't think we'll see these ships playable any time soon, what with "Sith Feburary" coming up and then also the new season of Clone Wars (then again Y-Wings were in the Clone Wars, just not the Rebel variant) and Episode 9.
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Yeah they were fun to blow to smithereens. No reason we can't have generic pilots for these ships ... except for the uproar that would inevitably follow because "more rebels." I would prefer named pilots (Arvel Crynyd, Sila Kott, Keyan Farlander, Hobbie Kilivian, Dutch Vander, Lieutenant Telsij, etc.), but A/B/Y would work just as well.
  • Naraic wrote: »

There have been times in the game's history where "Geo Soldier", "Royal Guard" and "Shorestrooper" [sic] have all been meta and crushed "named" characters. Just sayin'
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »
    Xwing looks like an x
    Awing looks like an a
    Ywing looks like a y

Why yes, yes it is. Doesnt change what I said though lol.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Yeah they could release the ships so they can be piloted by any toon from the right faction. Fixes the problem. Would love to see these classic ships. Could assign them just like a mod to the ship and make it cost to change them.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Alijar1 wrote: »

Problem solved.

The only problem is people whining that if they release keynan, or dutch, or porkins, or "deres trow many of dem" guy as marquees people will complain that they are beating revan teams and such lol.

No one will buy them if they are not OP...

Better solution.....Marquee the ship, release no name or character who's toon should not be OP into the fleet or Galactic War store... They can make money off people panic farming gear if the ship is real good.

They make money of ship marquee and people buying gear....and the good will is letting us farm characters in fleet or GW store

+1 use the redundant stores for the new pilots and make the money off the ships. Id be keen to see name pilots like porkins and Dutch. Mind you the empire ones are going to be tie bomber pilot tie interceptor pilot etc... Ultimately it doesn't matter the game would be better for more ship variety and giving us mediocre toons to farm with useless resources is always a plus
  • Hoth bros for rebel ships!

And farmboy for red 5?
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Hoth bros for rebel ships!

And farmboy for red 5?

I’m with it!
  • We have Tie fight pilot...

Where is the Tie bomber, Tie interceptor, Tie defender .... etc

Works both ways... single pilot, multi ships
  • You could also have Baron Soontir Fel, Turr Phennir, and a number of other 181st Empire pilots to balance out the rebel named pilots and give them the important empire ships that have been left out so far. (My favorite rebel is Wes Janson... but we also need Hobbie, Tycho, and the others mentioned in this thread).
  • Monel wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    Xwing looks like an x
    Awing looks like an a
    Ywing looks like a y

Why yes, yes it is. Doesnt change what I said though lol.

Just for fun, if we disregard the accurate Blade history for a moment: when viewed from above the cockpit and with the S-foils extended, it does give a B shape.
  • Ephran wrote: »
    Xwing looks like an x
    Awing looks like an a
    Ywing looks like a y

Nah, man, it stands for Big Wing. Did you see the size of that wing? It's pretty big!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    If we have the Hoth rebels as pilots.. then we need some form of AT-AT way of unlocking the Hoth ships... Pilot it around and around, make sure it connects!

ATAT gets added as a hero and can be used in TW, but the TW bonus is that Hoth ships can one shot ATAT's... :D

Man I was so excited to see a Y-Wing, a A-wing and a B-wing in there, so many ship models to use... but its the same for characters, there is so many character models that we fight, that we can't use.

Also, why is TFP not a imperial trooper.
  • I'd love to see Shara Bay being introduced, or Tallie Lintra, for A-Wing.

There are many great possibilities out there, but I think they might just go with general "rebel pilot". They did the stupid "Resistance Pilot" for the X-Wing already, when they could've put Snap Wexley or Nien Numb.
  • The idea of having one pilot for multiple ships is a bit pants, you'd just get "why can't I use A and B wings together" posts every few weeks.
    Splitting pilot from ship would just be so much better overall
  • I wonder if it's possible that some Toons would be allowed to be pilots to 2 ships. Which means if you select Ship A, you cannot use Ship B in that same squad/Combat/reinforcement/etc. The Toon's effect would be identical to both ships, but the 2 ships will have to be upgraded separately.

To take this further - give certain toons a Rebel Pilot (Imperial Pilot etc) tag. So you can choose to use Biggs, Wedge, Hera, SPF etc in any Generic ship. Each gives a unique skill which is the same regardless of ship.

Toons specific ships like the ghost would skill require the specific toon, so if you wanted B-Wing, Y-Wing and Ghost in the same fleet you can, but you can't have to have Hera in the Ghost, and can choose any of several pilots for the other ships.

Also it would have the effect of introducing new tactics and setups for fleets. Making fleet combat more than just 'I Have Hounds Tooth and Skywalker - I win'.

I for one would love to face a different challenge in fleet combat from time to time: preferably not linked to the release of a new marquee ship they've released.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I wonder if it's possible that some Toons would be allowed to be pilots to 2 ships. Which means if you select Ship A, you cannot use Ship B in that same squad/Combat/reinforcement/etc. The Toon's effect would be identical to both ships, but the 2 ships will have to be upgraded separately.

To take this further - give certain toons a Rebel Pilot (Imperial Pilot etc) tag. So you can choose to use Biggs, Wedge, Hera, SPF etc in any Generic ship. Each gives a unique skill which is the same regardless of ship.

Toons specific ships like the ghost would skill require the specific toon, so if you wanted B-Wing, Y-Wing and Ghost in the same fleet you can, but you can't have to have Hera in the Ghost, and can choose any of several pilots for the other ships.

Also it would have the effect of introducing new tactics and setups for fleets. Making fleet combat more than just 'I Have Hounds Tooth and Skywalker - I win'.

I for one would love to face a different challenge in fleet combat from time to time: preferably not linked to the release of a new marquee ship they've released.

Character-specific skills would be a nightmare to balance, there are just too many combinations. Ideal solution would imo be to have ship-specific abilities which can be upgraded independently on the pilot, but afterwards only allow pilots of the corresponding gear level. The problem is that this system would cause an endless stream of complaints from people who upgraded their ship ability without thinking and now can't use their undergeared pilots...
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Gogogogogogogoogogoox9yjcp3ztie.png

ok, that's just plain cool. I don't know if this works well, but I want it
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Character-specific skills would be a nightmare to balance, there are just too many combinations. Ideal solution would imo be to have ship-specific abilities which can be upgraded independently on the pilot, but afterwards only allow pilots of the corresponding gear level. The problem is that this system would cause an endless stream of complaints from people who upgraded their ship ability without thinking and now can't use their undergeared pilots...

We should work for CG and get some positive changes made :D