The Next Territory Wars (1/17/19) [MEGA]

Replies

• BrtStlnd wrote: »
    1. Please stop calling this the “community voted TW”, everyone knows that is not an accurate way to describe this thing.

There's a reason it was #1 on the list. Because it's 1000000000000% truth.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    First, I love the changes and loved the bans.

Second, the community is depressing.
  • The changes are there because they cannot fix the matchup algorithm. The buffs etc are easier. Wish they'd just admit it.
  • What they should do is just keep the bonuses but a diff set for each tw
  • I like to run a droid team but the vital toon hk47 was banned. D3ngar for my bh team. It was an absolute joke and not forgetting jolee and gk 2 members of my jedi team
  • btw, where is the TW today? its not showing up in game?
  • Perhaps I missed this somewhere or I'm going a little crazy, but how is this going to start 1/17 (today)? It looks like we are all in review phase for another 23 hours, there is no join button for the next one?
  • btw, where is the TW today? its not showing up in game?

Shusssshhhh lol
  • wait 20 minutes I guess
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • So if we lose a match against an Ewok team we are basically screwed right? Because Teebo will always have 100% TM along with any Ewok who didn’t just take a turn, right? Use Han and hope he wins the coin flip to start the match? Maybe have a prayer.
  • Zaquesh
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb Apologies if this has been asked before, but how does Endless Ranks work between battles? Do they reset to 5 stacks at the start of every battle, or do stacks persist between combats?
    Post edited by Zaquesh on
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    OMG he just said ‘bans may return’ and ‘we’d love to hear more feedback’ in the same sentence. :D:D:D

Well that's certainly one way to make sure they get some feedback.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Zaquesh wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked before, but how does Endless Ranks work between battles? Do they reset to 5 stacks at the start of every battle, or do stacks persist between combats?

There's only one battle of 5v5 in TW, so unless this is for another reason not sure it comes into play?
  • wait 20 minutes I guess

Still nothing there.
  • v57w9vj4eyr7.png
    This is all we see right now
  • Zaquesh wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked before, but how does Endless Ranks work between battles? Do they reset to 5 stacks at the start of every battle, or do stacks persist between combats?

There's only one battle of 5v5 in TW, so unless this is for another reason not sure it comes into play?

...Defense teams....
  • So none of the buffs are on teams I have at tw strength except troopers. But yo be clear I am totally fine with this :). The bans were horrible. Thank you for moving to something else.
  • So none of the buffs are on teams I have at tw strength except troopers. But yo be clear I am totally fine with this :). The bans were horrible. Thank you for moving to something else.

Agreed, I only have Ewoks out of the teams being boosted, but I am totally okay with that. One thing they should keep in mind: People like getting stuff and they hate having things taken away.
  • Can't we just have a simple TW ? Get rid of the banning and everything. Save the experiments for Grand Arena.

Can't wait to fight through that Ewok wall next. *sigh*
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Next TW in the future... All Leaders are banned. I want to see this happen. Make this HAPPEN!

No, but all leadership abilities are banned.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Or what about a "just the basics" TW. All characters can only use basic attacks.
  • Monel wrote: »
    Or what about a "just the basics" TW. All characters can only use basic attacks.

Honestly I don't hate that idea lol
  • @CG_SBCrumb ... Just to clarify something regarding the TW about to start (1/17) ... Are character bans still in place, in addition to the faction boosts? There seems to be some confusion among our guild members. Thanks!
  • I would like to see a TW where the teams are 6 members with 2x leadership bonus. Just having 2 leadership bonus to work with would leave a lot of theory crafting options open to the players. The second leader slot should work like the ally leader slot for leadership skills and payouts that are already worded to work this way when barrowing an ally leader on the PvE tables.

Some obviously awesome duel leadership combinations to consider:
    Revan + Balista
    Traya + Sidious
    CLS + Akbar
    KRU + Phasma
    Chirpa + Teebo
    Bossk + Jango
    Palp + Vader
    Veers + Krennic
    Dooku + Maul
    HK47 + GG
    JTR + Fin
    Asanj + MT
    GK + Cody
    Hera + Jyn
    Thrawn + Tarkin

I think this would really be fun, because the players get to figure out what works and what works so good its godly. Leaves a lot of options open for everyone to try while also consuming an extra character for each team so you have to make some choices to ensure you have enough strong characters overall to go around.
  • Personally while I was annoyed a little at the bans at first (especially Jango bc he's my fave toon) I ultimately found I enjoyed it bc our members had to get creative with their squads and we weren't facing the NS walls and weren't surprised by a Traya or Revan squad (no one in our guild has either one yet) and the like that we usually do. TW was feeling like a grind so freshening it up was a pleasant change of pace. I love these bonuses. Thanks CG!

P.S. I am annoyed at the rather large community of whiners though 🙄
  • @CG_SBCrumb It appears the text on the buffs for this TW may need some clarification. Your announcement posts said the FO bonuses were for ships.....the details page in the TW event though doesn't specify that it's for ships only:
    qgs9wwxh3zsv.jpg

While the Target Lock debuff is really only a droid thing as far as characters as opposed to ships, I can see a lot of people getting confused by this and thinking that their FO character teams are going to get a buff for this TW.

• Heh, Now we're getting zero participation in the territory war. I feel like someone got fired over this.
  • Mucro
    101 posts Member
    We played the TW, and won (barely), but I can tell you it wasn't very fun. It was just an ordinary TW except we had less characters to use, thus less options for defending and attacking. No exciting tactical element. Just less stuff, meaning less fun.
  • My protest suggestion: don't refuse to TW, just run only defense and only single, weakest toons in each sector. You make the point, you get a reward, your opponent gets a slightly better reward.Win-win-win.
This discussion has been closed.