TW Balancing

Is it normal that our 59M Guild is against a 70M?
I thought, match making was corrected by an early december patch.

BTW, yes we will loose.
And yes, we are used to it.

Not really a complain but still, it's not fair

Replies

• Usual question, how many of you signed up and how many of them (check how many squads per zone you need to set)
  • 43/50
    And we set nearly all squad
    for exemple, the front line was about 60-80k squads, whereas their was about 80-110k
  • @PetitEtreMalfaisant

I meant how many teams per zone?
  • Nearly all slot were filled on squads and fleets. If I remember we were missing 3 squads.
    Now the score is 4138 - 7367
    We lost 4 territories and 9 teams
    They lost 7 teams.
  • Hoe many total teams per zone ?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Nearly all slot were filled on squads and fleets. If I remember we were missing 3 squads.
    They lost 7 teams.

How many teams are you allowed set in each zone.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Nearly all slot were filled on squads and fleets. If I remember we were missing 3 squads.
    They lost 7 teams.

"Nearly all slots were filled" doesn't really answer this question:
    @PetitEtreMalfaisant

I meant how many teams per zone?

If you want people to discuss if your match-up was even or not, people need to estimate how much GP each guild signed up with. The number of teams required to fill each zone will help estimate this.
  • PetitEtreMalfaisant
    247 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    All slot were filled except 3 !
    Just explain How the matchmaking is done.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    All slot were filled except 3 !
    Just explain How the matchmaking is done.

3 out of what? The max is 25 per zone. Did you have the option to set 25? (I already know the answer is no since you only had 43 people sign up.)
  • Then only data I can share about then is the 2 front lines : 1.222.186 and 1.193.632
    I can't see the lines behind.

Our front line were 1.009.747 and 1.060.407
    Our overall power was 12.489.123.
    And all the slot were filled (my bad).
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Then only data I can share about then is the 2 front lines : 1.222.186 and 1.193.632
    I can't see the lines behind.

Our front line were 1.009.747 and 1.060.407
    Our overall power was 12.489.123.
    And all the slot were filled (my bad).

I have no idea what this means. I’m not sure how else to rephrase the question or how you can possibly still not understand it.

How MANY teams were you ABLE to place in EACH territory? Does that help?
  • 226q0b9etfcj.jpeg

OP, this is the number being asked about.

• PetitEtreMalfaisant
    247 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I didn't know that the max squad number could be different.
    We set 13 out of 13 on each territories.
    895kh04i7ehw.png
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Ok. That means that your opposing guild only had ~26 people sign up.
  • So the matchmaking is done on the registered player power?
    And this means, they have individually higher power (so more powerful teams) but on the overall we have the same power?

This logic is utterly flawed...
  • The "latest" post I found on TW explanation :
    Matchmaking seeks to create the most fair matchups, with two primary goals in mind:
    The squad power of participating individuals in each guild should be near the same average power.
    => Nope : On the first line (our strongest) our average Power was 77673 and 81570; their was 94014 and 91818.
    The strongest possible squads of both participating guilds should be near the same average power.
    => Still Nope : Our strongest squad was 94743 and their was 117172.

If the algorithm is valid on the overall teams, it means they purposely register less players or only set the first line with biggest team and nearly nothing behind.
    The matchmaking choose a weaker guild and they keep a lot of powerful team so they can wipe the other guild.
  • You’re not understanding the squad power bit @PetitEtreMalfaisant .

The claim is that the algorithm scans your rosters and works out a strongest POSSIBLE squad power.

The figures you post are after the match has been made, and they are squads of your creation, not the algorithm.

The figures you quoted are meaningless - if my guild were up against another and we placed Phoenix teams in front zones and our opponent placed Traya or CLS teams in front zones, the power differences would be vast. This doesn’t mean we’re unfairly matched though.

The big issue in your case, of course, is that 43 of your guild signed up and 26 of theirs did. The total GP of both you and them will be similar, but on average they have vastly more. That’s why this match was unfair on you.
  • Nope active GP vs active GP ...
    We know it, because we had a chat through discord with our enemy ;-)

Last battle we had 50/50 with 121 M GP ...
    The enemy 45/50 with 121 M active GP ... the enemy GP with 50/50 would be 135 M ...

Btw we lost this match, but it was tight... so it was really good ...
    The match previously we won ... so for me and my guild it is fair ...

Last Year ... we lost 12 battles in row ... vs guilds who had 30 to 50 M more GP ... and four times they had Traya already ... we..none...