The Next Territory Wars (1/17/19) [MEGA]

Replies

  • scuba wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    1. Please stop calling this the “community voted TW”, everyone knows that is not an accurate way to describe this thing.

    2. The new bonuses look amazingly cool

    3. Are you aware that the Ewoks could easily get stuck in an infinite loop of offense?

    probably not
    with ai
    wicket will probably spam aoe
    logray will probably spam dispel
    paploo will probably spam assist call
    ee will probably spam heal

    Put it all together with C-3PO, replace Logray with Chirpa and you get a mass attack every turn with exposes for everyone!
  • I found banning characters or even platoons in this Territory War to be silly
  • VonZant
    3703 posts Member
    Comet19 wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    fba7y5maldto.jpg
    Thank for the "fun and playful" loss CG. This is garbage.

    @Starnutcracker you know the other team had the exact same bans you did, right?

    Sigh. Yes, we know that. That argument, however, is irrelevant. The other guild may have focused more on characters not banned. Since the matchmaking GP figured the banned toons into the total GP, it was a highly inaccurate estimate of active GP.

    No its not irrelevant.

    What you are clearly saying is "We have a terrible roster beyond our mega-maxed Legendary toons and so we got beat."

    Guess what, since the day TW came out it should have been clear to everyone that they are encouraging use of a larger part of your roster. GA directly confirms that. Some people/guilds build for TW/GA and some did not. People who are too lazy to adapt probably lost and its their own fault.

    Anyway, even with all of the banned toons There were still good teams. Traya teams turned into EP teams. Revan teams turned into Bastilla teams. CLS Chewie Han turned into CLS Chewie Leia/Sabine/Cassian/whoever.

    Our Bastilla teams and good old First Order and zMaul won us the match. I'm sure you had those available to you just like everyone else. Adapt and learn. The days of "Build a few Mega Teams and collect my raid rewards" are over. Get used to it.

    Sadly the only thing that won't change is: "When my mega team is no longer an 'I win button,' I shall go to the forums and foam at the mouth about it." That, at least, is constant.

    Pay attention. I'm not the one you tagged. I'm just taking up for him. I don't have Revan or Traya or any of these "mega-maxed Legendary toons" you're referring to. Also, in case you didn't notice, it was more than just legendary toons being banned. And no. I didn't have access to First Order because of the toon bans, and I'm mid-level enough that a zMaul team isn't a thing I've even invested in.
    For the record, my guild won by a landslide. I still hate toon bans.

    He's trolling.

    I'm not trolling. Think this is my first or second post in the thread. Trolls usually post multiple times with threats and bombastic and hyperbolic language. Do you know anyone that's done that in this thread?

    @Comet19 Yeah wasnt trying to attack you personally. Was just responding to your argument.

    The ban effected everyone. Its hardly different the current TW. The "ban" is just called a "buff." What if I don't have Ewoks or Jawas or Clones that have been super powered (I have none of them) this time? I'm probably in trouble. The point is that it forces you to have a broader roster and/or adapt. Thats a good thing.

    Here's the thing, though. Sure, fine, high-GP players should be able to sub in toons. But please, stop putting us low- and mid-level GP players who are mostly F2P in the "lazy" category because we haven't built as much as you have because of our limited resources.That is actually a personal attack.

    Its not a personal attack against you. We choose whether we want to build for TW or Raids or farm Mods. If he (meaning the guy that posted the picture) does poorly in TW where everyone is playing with the same tools and limitations, it's wrong and lazy.

    And I understand your limted resources statement bcause I have them too. Look, if you are in a 160M GP guild you will be facing similar rosters. Their toons get excluded too.

    If you are in an 50M GP guild and you personally have limited resources, you should face guilds with similar limited resources and rosters. Their toons should get excluded too.

    And if you are mostly F2P, like me, and build specifically for TW, its your choice how to spend your limited resources. I loved Vandor from day one and Chose to Farm Scoundrels and run Scoundrels in Arena. That choice hurts me in arena and hurts me in raids. But I knew from the beginning they would be a great TW team and made that choice. I also farm and upgrade a lot of speed mods and spend zetas for my g8-9 B and C teams - just for TW. My arena team mods suffer as a result because I have very few "great" 6e mods, but have a lot of "just good" purple and gold speed mods. The only one to blame is myself. I dont blame the devs when I get curbstomped in arena by Revan. And if scoundrels ever get voted out of TW I won't come here and blame them for my loss or how I chose to spend my limited resources.

    This time, the buffs are going to hurt me greatly because I only have 1 of 4 of the super teams. Oh well. I take responsibility.

    So, build a broad roster with broad mods (that may be inferior in arena) or dont. Whatever you choose to do is your choice. But him blaming the devs for a loss (which is what that guy was doing) in a game mode where everyone is playing by the same rules with the same limitations and had the same choices to make with how to spend their resources is misplaced and lazy.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    fba7y5maldto.jpg
    Thank for the "fun and playful" loss CG. This is garbage.

    @Starnutcracker you know the other team had the exact same bans you did, right?

    Sigh. Yes, we know that. That argument, however, is irrelevant. The other guild may have focused more on characters not banned. Since the matchmaking GP figured the banned toons into the total GP, it was a highly inaccurate estimate of active GP.

    No its not irrelevant.

    What you are clearly saying is "We have a terrible roster beyond our mega-maxed Legendary toons and so we got beat."

    Guess what, since the day TW came out it should have been clear to everyone that they are encouraging use of a larger part of your roster. GA directly confirms that. Some people/guilds build for TW/GA and some did not. People who are too lazy to adapt probably lost and its their own fault.

    Anyway, even with all of the banned toons There were still good teams. Traya teams turned into EP teams. Revan teams turned into Bastilla teams. CLS Chewie Han turned into CLS Chewie Leia/Sabine/Cassian/whoever.

    Our Bastilla teams and good old First Order and zMaul won us the match. I'm sure you had those available to you just like everyone else. Adapt and learn. The days of "Build a few Mega Teams and collect my raid rewards" are over. Get used to it.

    Sadly the only thing that won't change is: "When my mega team is no longer an 'I win button,' I shall go to the forums and foam at the mouth about it." That, at least, is constant.

    Pay attention. I'm not the one you tagged. I'm just taking up for him. I don't have Revan or Traya or any of these "mega-maxed Legendary toons" you're referring to. Also, in case you didn't notice, it was more than just legendary toons being banned. And no. I didn't have access to First Order because of the toon bans, and I'm mid-level enough that a zMaul team isn't a thing I've even invested in.
    For the record, my guild won by a landslide. I still hate toon bans.

    He's trolling.

    I'm not trolling. Think this is my first or second post in the thread. Trolls usually post multiple times with threats and bombastic and hyperbolic language. Do you know anyone that's done that in this thread?

    @Comet19 Yeah wasnt trying to attack you personally. Was just responding to your argument.

    The ban effected everyone. Its hardly different the current TW. The "ban" is just called a "buff." What if I don't have Ewoks or Jawas or Clones that have been super powered (I have none of them) this time? I'm probably in trouble. The point is that it forces you to have a broader roster and/or adapt. Thats a good thing.

    Here's the thing, though. Sure, fine, high-GP players should be able to sub in toons. But please, stop putting us low- and mid-level GP players who are mostly F2P in the "lazy" category because we haven't built as much as you have because of our limited resources.That is actually a personal attack.

    Its not a personal attack against you. We choose whether we want to build for TW or Raids or farm Mods. If he (meaning the guy that posted the picture) does poorly in TW where everyone is playing with the same tools and limitations, it's wrong and lazy.

    And I understand your limted resources statement bcause I have them too. Look, if you are in a 160M GP guild you will be facing similar rosters. Their toons get excluded too.

    If you are in an 50M GP guild and you personally have limited resources, you should face guilds with similar limited resources and rosters. Their toons should get excluded too.

    And if you are mostly F2P, like me, and build specifically for TW, its your choice how to spend your limited resources. I loved Vandor from day one and Chose to Farm Scoundrels and run Scoundrels in Arena. That choice hurts me in arena and hurts me in raids. But I knew from the beginning they would be a great TW team and made that choice. I also farm and upgrade a lot of speed mods and spend zetas for my g8-9 B and C teams - just for TW. My arena team mods suffer as a result because I have very few "great" 6e mods, but have a lot of "just good" purple and gold speed mods. The only one to blame is myself. I dont blame the devs when I get curbstomped in arena by Revan. And if scoundrels ever get voted out of TW I won't come here and blame them for my loss or how I chose to spend my limited resources.

    This time, the buffs are going to hurt me greatly because I only have 1 of 4 of the super teams. Oh well. I take responsibility.

    So, build a broad roster with broad mods (that may be inferior in arena) or dont. Whatever you choose to do is your choice. But him blaming the devs for a loss (which is what that guy was doing) in a game mode where everyone is playing by the same rules with the same limitations and had the same choices to make with how to spend their resources is misplaced and lazy.

    And....you're not listening to my point. You keep wanting to claim that you're not trying to personally attack people, but then you contradict yourself for calling people lazy for losing a TW badly. I'm starting to lean more towards DSF's assessment that you're a troll, and less towards my original thought that you were just acting super elitist. Bye.
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    I liked the removal of toons and ik it’s the unpopular opinion. Most my guild hated it but I liked having to think and shake up from what I normally use. I liked there being no ultimate trump squad (revan and traya). Teams were split and broken and you had to really think about every move. It gave players like myself who know how to use everyone a great advantage
  • @CG_SBCrumb If you guys want to ban anything, why don’t you ban mods? This would even the playing field for everyone. Matchmaking would be more accurate, as people couldn’t have god mods on their characters.
  • I see a lot of people are still crying over not being able to use their overpowered toons for one day......wow.

    Now for something constructive for devs to chew on.

    How about a mode where mods have no impact?

    Or one where leader abilities are all deactivated. (This might anger the whiners though)

    Or one where zeta abilities don't work. (Again, beware the whiners)

    Or a mode where we can have 6 toons. Bring in one as a reinforcement (no leader abilities..that would be utter chaos in pvp).

    Or even try a 3v3 element (you know...the thing tried in GA and was a disaster bc no one could field test squads).

    Or change the map. Give us different layouts: half the amount of territories or something along those lines.

    Or an attacking survivor bonus. If the attacking player has any units remaining, they may use the lowest GP toon in the squad in a future attempt. Just tossing out everything that comes to mind.
  • Please no more bans. I played it to give it a fair chance even though I wasn't thrilled with the idea. It didn't do anything positive for the TW. Please do not do that again and also please make a better effort to listen to the community in the future. There was next to zero support for this when it was announced.

    Also, many in my guild do not visit this forum and they were not at all happy with the banning of certain characters.

    Nobody likes the roadblock teams. Depending on the power of your guild this can include Nightsisters, Bastila led teams, Revan led teams, Traya led teams, CLS led teams, etc.

    What if your guild earns an annihilate for attacking the same defensive squad with X amount of cumulative GP from attacking teams (say 500,000 total GP)? Then you can more easily defeat a team after several attempts and you are incentivized for attacking. It would also add another layer of coordination for a guild to earn and strategically use the annihilates. While that isn't a perfect solution, it is a way to keep the TW moving. You could also not award points for battle that used an earned annihilate.
  • Comet19
    178 posts Member
    edited January 18
    Fear_77 wrote: »
    I see a lot of people are still crying over not being able to use their overpowered toons for one day......wow.

    Now for something constructive for devs to chew on.

    How about a mode where mods have no impact?

    Or one where leader abilities are all deactivated. (This might anger the whiners though)

    Or one where zeta abilities don't work. (Again, beware the whiners)

    Or a mode where we can have 6 toons. Bring in one as a reinforcement (no leader abilities..that would be utter chaos in pvp).

    Or even try a 3v3 element (you know...the thing tried in GA and was a disaster bc no one could field test squads).

    Or change the map. Give us different layouts: half the amount of territories or something along those lines.

    Or an attacking survivor bonus. If the attacking player has any units remaining, they may use the lowest GP toon in the squad in a future attempt. Just tossing out everything that comes to mind.
    I’m all for new maps. However, you talk about us whining about not being able to use our “overpowered toons” for one day. I don’t have Traya or Revan. I just want to be able to actually use my albeit crappy FO team as well as the bounty hunters I just spent the last week gearing up like crazy until toon bans were announced. None of these are G12. None of these are zetad. But I’m a mid-GP player, and so these toon bans really damaged my ability to help my guild in this TW.
    Bottom line, this was implemented poorly. Toon bans set a terrible precedent for future competitive play. We’re supposed to be rewarded for prioritizing our toons well, not punished. A poll was not sent through the in-game mailbox, so most players were probably unaware of its existence. On top of that, a well-written bot would very easily skew these results. I tried this TW, it was very unenjoyable for me, as well as the majority of users posting here it seems. Seems like we should move on from toon bans and never do them again, but the devs still seem bent on having a repeat. That is why I keep revisiting this.
  • This is more like it.
    Adding is good. Taking away is bad. Play and repeat.
  • CG you really need to communicate this stuff better.
    Majority of players never check forum, so with all these one-off TW and no timely in game information you have a lot of confused and dissatisfied customers.

    Please consider running all these changes for at least two consecutive TWs and please get better at in-game communication.
  • TheExecutrixGuy
    5 posts Member
    edited January 18

    Just adding to the 99.9% of the players view: The ban suck!
  • Calx
    111 posts Member
    (Note: Jawas that are called to assist can call other Jawas for further assist.)

    So... if you have 5 Jawas, and one of them attacks a stunned enemy, then it sounds like the other 4 will assist (at 100% damage). But then, each one of those four assisting Jawas will, in turn, call the other 4 Jawas that are not themselves? And so on, until the stunned target is dead? Does this loop end at all? Because usually there's some limiting language such as: "...during their turn" (Millennium Falcon, She May Not Look Like Much), or "...limited once per turn" (Chewie, Loyal Friend). The description here didn't have those limitations, so are we to understand that Jawas will, in fact, swarm a stunned character to death?
  • @CG_SBCrumb Please be so kind to clarify the question above!

    Also another important unknown might be if the imperial troopers buffs (endless ranks) are dispellable or they are some sort of locked buff. Executions will work as you stated (DN, Boba, etc...) but if those buffs are not locked a simple dispell will change everything regarding their viability.
    discord: xogall#5896
  • Calx wrote: »
    (Note: Jawas that are called to assist can call other Jawas for further assist.)

    So... if you have 5 Jawas, and one of them attacks a stunned enemy, then it sounds like the other 4 will assist (at 100% damage). But then, each one of those four assisting Jawas will, in turn, call the other 4 Jawas that are not themselves? And so on, until the stunned target is dead? Does this loop end at all? Because usually there's some limiting language such as: "...during their turn" (Millennium Falcon, She May Not Look Like Much), or "...limited once per turn" (Chewie, Loyal Friend). The description here didn't have those limitations, so are we to understand that Jawas will, in fact, swarm a stunned character to death?

    With the way my phone's been working lately, it's more likely they'll swarm my phone to death. Even revan's mark causes a significant game lag for me, I don't think the poor thing could handle an endless swarm
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • @CG_SBCrumb

    Please can you clarify if the FO bonus is for ships only? The in-game text sounds like it is for toons and does not mention ships.
    Thank you.
  • JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    edited January 18
    VonZant wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    fba7y5maldto.jpg
    Thank for the "fun and playful" loss CG. This is garbage.

    @Starnutcracker you know the other team had the exact same bans you did, right?

    Sigh. Yes, we know that. That argument, however, is irrelevant. The other guild may have focused more on characters not banned. Since the matchmaking GP figured the banned toons into the total GP, it was a highly inaccurate estimate of active GP.

    No its not irrelevant.

    What you are clearly saying is "We have a terrible roster beyond our mega-maxed Legendary toons and so we got beat."

    Guess what, since the day TW came out it should have been clear to everyone that they are encouraging use of a larger part of your roster. GA directly confirms that. Some people/guilds build for TW/GA and some did not. People who are too lazy to adapt probably lost and its their own fault.

    Anyway, even with all of the banned toons There were still good teams. Traya teams turned into EP teams. Revan teams turned into Bastilla teams. CLS Chewie Han turned into CLS Chewie Leia/Sabine/Cassian/whoever.

    Our Bastilla teams and good old First Order and zMaul won us the match. I'm sure you had those available to you just like everyone else. Adapt and learn. The days of "Build a few Mega Teams and collect my raid rewards" are over. Get used to it.

    Sadly the only thing that won't change is: "When my mega team is no longer an 'I win button,' I shall go to the forums and foam at the mouth about it." That, at least, is constant.

    Pay attention. I'm not the one you tagged. I'm just taking up for him. I don't have Revan or Traya or any of these "mega-maxed Legendary toons" you're referring to. Also, in case you didn't notice, it was more than just legendary toons being banned. And no. I didn't have access to First Order because of the toon bans, and I'm mid-level enough that a zMaul team isn't a thing I've even invested in.
    For the record, my guild won by a landslide. I still hate toon bans.

    He's trolling.

    I'm not trolling. Think this is my first or second post in the thread. Trolls usually post multiple times with threats and bombastic and hyperbolic language. Do you know anyone that's done that in this thread?

    @Comet19 Yeah wasnt trying to attack you personally. Was just responding to your argument.

    The ban effected everyone. Its hardly different the current TW. The "ban" is just called a "buff." What if I don't have Ewoks or Jawas or Clones that have been super powered (I have none of them) this time? I'm probably in trouble. The point is that it forces you to have a broader roster and/or adapt. Thats a good thing.

    Here's the thing, though. Sure, fine, high-GP players should be able to sub in toons. But please, stop putting us low- and mid-level GP players who are mostly F2P in the "lazy" category because we haven't built as much as you have because of our limited resources.That is actually a personal attack.

    So, build a broad roster with broad mods (that may be inferior in arena) or dont. Whatever you choose to do is your choice. But him blaming the devs for a loss (which is what that guy was doing) in a game mode where everyone is playing by the same rules with the same limitations and had the same choices to make with how to spend their resources is misplaced and lazy.

    Not only it’s wrong but it’s actually the complete opposite that’s happening right now. Building a broad roster won’t help you in any way with this tw, it will most likely hurt you. Only S tier meta teams will be able to go against those super buffed random teams. If you worked on seconday teams that are not the ones buffed you are just at a massive disadvantage because cg decided so for this tw. It makes no sense to talk about broad roster when the fact is building a team like clones hurt you in most tw to date, and will most likely hurt you in all the next, but will just randomly give you an insane, completely unfair advantage in this one because reasons. Or building any secondary team instead of Revan/Traya in the last one, as if it made sense.
    Everyone is playing by the same rules but not affected by those the same way, which multiple people tried to explain to you.
    The bans, the buffs, they do not reward choices, smart thinking or decision making. They hurt you or help you precisely regardless of that, at complete random since they negate every information on which you’re supposed to base your decision making.

    Not only this but it hurts newer player the most precisely because most of the buffs are to factions/teams/characters that have been underused a while because useless/weaker/less efficient to build, which means newer player have very little chance to have worked on them. So in newer player cases, it literally rewards horrible decision making just because, and makes it worse for you to face older players.

    I’m not lazy, i love tw, i hated the bans and i hate those buffs.
  • Fear_77 wrote: »
    I see a lot of people are still crying over not being able to use their overpowered toons for one day......wow.


    No Einstein- we are aggravated because they keep saying we asked them for the banned toons, there are over 100 pages of anger towards banning toons, and they stated bans may return.

    Allowing them to ban toons that were always available in a game mode is the worst idea ever and I don't have Revan.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    2969 posts Member
    edited January 18
    Why are there so many songs about jawas..
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • I really enjoy the different buffs and using all sorts of different teams.... It makes the game dare I say it (Win or Lose mind you) FUNNN!!!!!

    Isn't that why we are playing it?
  • ScottyB
    16 posts Member
    edited January 18
    I really enjoy the idea of character/faction buffs. This is a great idea to "shake things up" and make territory wars more fun and interesting. One of the most favorable times in this game for me was watching my Mace Windu clear a Sith squad all by himself. Restricting characters/factions however was not enjoyable to me at all. I have squads setup in my squad manager that I've put alot of thought into so I can plug-and-play them at the right time and having to inject something on the fly just to try and cover my bases was very stressful and not fun whatsoever. Please CG, incorporate more character/faction buffs and bonuses in TW to make it more interesting. Don't restrict characters that everyone has put alot of work (and MONEY) into. This IS the feedback you are looking for from the "community".
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    2969 posts Member
    edited January 18
    Soooo what have we learned class?
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • Why are there so many songs about jawas..

    Utinni!
  • Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Why are there so many songs about jawas..

    Utinni!

    we need a Jawa with a Flamethrower that flies around like he has a high pressure fire hose..lol
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • Although I dig faction bonuses, I'm wondering if this TW is a little overboard with the bonuses and will be more chaotic than the last.
  • Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Why are there so many songs about jawas..

    Utinni!

    we need a Jawa with a Flamethrower that flies around like he has a high pressure fire hose..lol

    Or a jawa in a two legged mechanized combat suit where the upper half is exposed and the jawa is sitting there working a bunch of levers to operate it.
  • This is not the right direction for a game that has been criticized as "run its course." The whales can only be appeased and kept spending so long as free to play (or cheap to play) stick around to make them feel superior. Keep alienating the largest segment in the game, and the rich kids will find another playground to dominate. This was clearly a neutering of all of the F2P meta counters to make sure the whales were unbeatable. Or maybe it wasn't, maybe I'm a bad troll that must be suffered because that's what game forums are for.
    Sorry but I have to highly disagree. My guild is all free to play, none of us has Revan or Traya so far. And it turned out we profited a lot from this last TW! Winning has never been so easy, as we took our time for strategy as always, while the opponent obviously didn't.
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Ywall are doing a lot of fixing. Where is the logic in releasing a broken product into the wild for the general public. A number of us in my guild were discussing boycott.... Looks like some here feel the same way.

    On the other hand, if you disagree and feel the game [or at least TW] is not broken, then quit screwing around with it already.
    Lord of Hunger
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    2969 posts Member
    edited January 18
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Why are there so many songs about jawas..

    Utinni!

    we need a Jawa with a Flamethrower that flies around like he has a high pressure fire hose..lol

    Or a jawa in a two legged mechanized combat suit where the upper half is exposed and the jawa is sitting there working a bunch of levers to operate it.

    l6aoekk2e8fv.png


    Utinni!-Utinni!-Utinni!
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Why are there so many songs about jawas..

    Utinni!

    we need a Jawa with a Flamethrower that flies around like he has a high pressure fire hose..lol

    Or a jawa in a two legged mechanized combat suit where the upper half is exposed and the jawa is sitting there working a bunch of levers to operate it.

    l6aoekk2e8fv.png


    Utinni!-Utinni!-Utinni!

    YAASSS! The Dalek Jawa!
This discussion has been closed.