The First Jedi

Now that there is a movie about The Last Jedi, I wonder if they should do a First Jedi and show how the force was "discovered".

Replies

• That would be dope.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • CYG77
    75 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I bet it's been across someone's plate. That would be a blockbuster for sure
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I think the first force user was a bacteria since force is inside all living things.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    I think the first force user was a bacteria since force is inside all living things.

Qui Gon said it was microscopic bacteria episode 1, so penicillin should be a jedi's greatest enemy.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

Qui Gon said it was microscopic bacteria episode 1, so penicillin should be a jedi's greatest enemy.

Oh really? I was just farting that one lol.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

Oh really? I was just farting that one lol.

I certainly had a chuckle over it. It was a stupid plot point.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Now that there is a movie about The Last Jedi, I wonder if they should do a First Jedi and show how the force was "discovered".

According to new established lore in The Last Jedi - no discovery was required. The first Jedi woke up one day, realized he was force sensitive and could instantly pull off any force power he could think of out of the hat.

All in all, that sounds like a boring movie doesn't it?
  • Boo wrote: »

According to new established lore in The Last Jedi - no discovery was required. The first Jedi woke up one day, realized he was force sensitive and could instantly pull off any force power he could think of out of the hat.

Unless we follow Qui Gon, then the first force user would just get a bacterial infection.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »

Unless we follow Qui Gon, then the first force user would just get a bacterial infection.

Symbiote - wait, was Venom a Jedi?????

Either a dark Jedi or a sith.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

I'd go with Sith for venom, lol

Then how do we classify carnage?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Well Kylo has crazy temper tantrums...Carnage Ren? lol

Well Kylo has crazy temper tantrums...Carnage Ren? lol

Interesting. Also Kylo is unstable.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member

Wasn't that the plot of TFA?
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • AntiFunn wrote: »
    Nah, they just tried too friggin hard to make Rey a "NEW ERA" Star Wars character that could lead future audiences with her performance. Obviously that failed, BADLY.
    Not saying Daisy Ridley was bad just the miserable story, not giving her a proper background etc

You can never out act the script!

As for the "insanely" powerful jedi, I read somewhere that the force became stronger in individuals because there weren't so many jedi. I guess the force is like a gallon of water? There is more in 1 container when there is only 1 gallon jug. Sounds more like Jet Li in the ONE.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    Nah, they just tried too friggin hard to make Rey a "NEW ERA" Star Wars character that could lead future audiences with her performance. Obviously that failed, BADLY.
    Not saying Daisy Ridley was bad just the miserable story, not giving her a proper background etc

As for the "insanely" powerful jedi, I read somewhere that the force became stronger in individuals because there weren't so many jedi. I guess the force is like a gallon of water? There is more in 1 container when there is only 1 gallon jug. Sounds more like Jet Li in the ONE.

True but a gallon of water with holes - one small hole has a lot of pressure, but is limited with amount of water getting through.

A larger hole allows more water to flow through it more easily. I'd say the Skywalkers or Yoda etc are larger holes, where ones like Ima-Gun Di are smaller.

True but a gallon of water with holes - one small hole has a lot of pressure, but is limited with amount of water getting through.

A larger hole allows more water to flow through it more easily. I'd say the Skywalkers or Yoda etc are larger holes, where ones like Ima-Gun Di are smaller.

Debatable. A small hole at the bottom has more pressure than a large hole at the top.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Debatable. A small hole at the bottom has more pressure than a large hole at the top.

I am just saying that water flow is restricted in the small hole, where the larger hole (the force/water) flows plenty and strongly.

I am just saying that water flow is restricted in the small hole, where the larger hole (the force/water) flows plenty and strongly.

I assume these holes are referring to plot holes? ;)
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

:smiley: hahahaha

:smiley: hahahaha

Have you seen The One with Jet Li?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I believe so - I've seen a ton of his movies.
    I believe so - I've seen a ton of his movies.

I was going for the idea that the less versions (or force users) there are, the more powerful the remaining are.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Not sure I buy that. I mean, clearly Yoda and Windu were considered powerful Jedi - yet there were many Jedi of the Republic at the time.

Also at the height of the Jedi Order in the Galactic Republic, the Force created Anakin - a being who is most powerful in the force, even more so than the likes of Yoda. So I'm not sure that theory makes sense.
  • Did the first Jedi even have a lightsaber? Since only Force-wielders can correctly tune a laser sword (presumably), it stands to reason that Jedi existed before the lightsaber was invented.

I imagine the first Jedi were a lot like Chirrut, only a bit more capable.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Not sure how much of the EU is cannon or non-cannon, but that is right.

The earlier Jedi used some sort of vibrosword that had the force bestowed upon it - I think there is more specifics than that, but that's the gist.

It later transitioned to a lightsaber, which required huge amounts of energy to power. The lightsaber's hilt was connected with a cable to a battery pack worn on a belt.

Like our galaxy- technology became more streamlined and smaller and eventually the power requirements could fit into the hilt itself - the modern lightsaber.

Not even sure it could even be called the modern lightsaber, since these stories are always dubbed "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away".

SO who knows what the actual "modern" lightsaber looks like.
  • Did the first Jedi even have a lightsaber? Since only Force-wielders can correctly tune a laser sword (presumably), it stands to reason that Jedi existed before the lightsaber was invented.

I imagine the first Jedi were a lot like Chirrut, only a bit more capable.

IF I wrote the story, the first jedi would start getting the sensations that the force brings, they would explore it and try to hone their skills. Obviously they need an antagonist, so there would be multiple people becoming tuned into the force. One would be consumed with greed and self centered. The altruistic main character would feel compelled to use their talents for the good of many.
    I think that they would use a sword, making a melee weapon the standard. The lightsaber wasn't invented before the jedi, or even the protosaber wasn't pre-jedi.