Ot falcon way overpowered

Prev13
Pretty safe to say the new falcon just broke the game. Looks like i wont make top twenty for six months. One more reason to quit playing

Replies

• It's the first Legendary non-capital ship in the game, of course it's powerful. Did you really expect different?
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    It's the first Legendary non-capital ship in the game, of course it's powerful. Did you really expect different?

He didn't say he didn't expect it. He's just arguing that it shouldn't be that powerful
  • Yeah. Honestly. It's insanely good. Drop the cleanse and it's still the best ship in the game by a mile.
  • Yeah. Honestly. It's insanely good. Drop the cleanse and it's still the best ship in the game by a mile.

It's getting frustrating man
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I quitted ships arena weeks ago when they made "Enfys nest but this time it's a ship" farmable and all the whales that already had revan immediately had it 7*. First you force me to farm and use geos, then thrawn-empire whales with 376 zetas invested in ships boohoo, so you make thrawn great again. Endless loop, will get back on it later.
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    my shard will have a few including me....got to fight two of em today....not sure its working as intended, as falcon assisted like 100%, won one(barely) lost the other and neither of my opp running a good comp.....my comp whoops everything in my shard....that one i lost, mineses got whooped

this ship is the revan of fleet, there is not a counter to it currently in game....
    It's the first Legendary non-capital ship in the game, of course it's powerful. Did you really expect different?

He didn't say he didn't expect it. He's just arguing that it shouldn't be that powerful

Why should the most iconic ship in Star Wars lore that people have wanted since the day ships was announced not be that powerful? You have to build a rebel fleet around it to unlock it's full potential, so it's not a plug and play ship like Hound's Tooth was in it's prime meaning you could argue it's not powerful enough. It's like Darth Traya in her prime, unless you were using her with the Triumvirate she was just another good character.
  • Usually there’s some kind of balance to new jazz, strengths and weaknesses. Falcon doesn’t appear to have any. Dispel its ‘cant be targeted buff’ and it has a ton of health...more than any other ship, I believe, and then gets to regenerate every turn. All the while assisting other ships. Crazy OP. Stick it alongside HT and it becomes near unkillable, aoe doesn’t do enough damage, and by the time you can target it, ht has taunt back up.

Really not liking this addition. But, hey ho, CG have to cash grab somewhere, I just preferred it when they left the cash grabs to characters rather than ships.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Fought it twice and won easily both times.

Will have to check pilot stats to see if the accompanying ships were maxed out
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Fought it twice and won easily both times.

What were you using and what was the enemy fleet? Just curious how they compare to what I've been seeing. I've beaten a couple falcon teams so far, but mainly the key is to kill the falcon asap. Cassian's U-Wing has been of great assistance. As has the TIE silencer in stunning the falcon before it can go. (But hey isn't the Falcon supposed to be the fastest ship in the galaxy... ;))
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Vertigo wrote: »

What were you using and what was the enemy fleet? Just curious how they compare to what I've been seeing. I've beaten a couple falcon teams so far, but mainly the key is to kill the falcon asap. Cassian's U-Wing has been of great assistance. As has the TIE silencer in stunning the falcon before it can go. (But hey isn't the Falcon supposed to be the fastest ship in the galaxy... ;))

https://youtu.be/CGsM31Y4eXc

4 from 4 to take 1
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

Why should the most iconic ship in Star Wars lore that people have wanted since the day ships was announced not be that powerful? You have to build a rebel fleet around it to unlock it's full potential, so it's not a plug and play ship like Hound's Tooth was in it's prime meaning you could argue it's not powerful enough. It's like Darth Traya in her prime, unless you were using her with the Triumvirate she was just another good character.

Because this "iconic" ship already exists in the game... twice.

It would be more iconic if the first one didn't need rey (lol) and then the 2nd one look disfigured and require young solo movie that many didn't see.

We finally get the real Falcon but it does feel less iconic being the third one, even if its the only real one. But man, they really made it op. Like super op. it can be strong and not op, but CG wanted em cashies.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

https://youtu.be/CGsM31Y4eXc

4 from 4 to take 1

You fleet is much better that the opponent one, he doesn't have Cassian Uwing. It looks like a player who really wants to play OT falcon even if he doesn't have the ship to go with...
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Pretty safe to say the new falcon just broke the game. Looks like i wont make top twenty for six months. One more reason to quit playing
    Nope. The game is still running fine. Only fought one so I don't have much room to say but a lot of other fleet shards have strong Falcon lineup and the word of mouth seems to be easy to beat Falcon teams on defense and easy to win with Falcon on offense
  • Gorem wrote: »

It would be more iconic if the first one didn't need rey (lol) and then the 2nd one look disfigured and require young solo movie that many didn't see.

We finally get the real Falcon but it does feel less iconic being the third one, even if its the only real one. But man, they really made it op. Like super op. it can be strong and not op, but CG wanted em cashies.

You're telling me Jedi Luke won't be iconic then?

The Falcon was far from a cash grab. If you wanted it then you farmed the Bounty Hunter ships the second they became farmable. You pick and choose what you want in this game.
    Gorem wrote: »

The Falcon was far from a cash grab. If you wanted it then you farmed the Bounty Hunter ships the second they became farmable. You pick and choose what you want in this game.

So you knew when bh ships became available that they were going to be used for an unannounced ot falcon. Wow what are next weeks lotto numbers.
  • ottomaddux wrote: »

So you knew when bh ships became available that they were going to be used for an unannounced ot falcon. Wow what are next weeks lotto numbers.

Yeah most poeple did, at least by the time the last one became available. At that point it's just a hard focus.
  • ottomaddux wrote: »

Unless you're a new player and weren't around for the Thrawn Legendary release then you know the precedence. It shouldn't take them telling you that those Old Republic characters that just became available to farm are going to be needed for an event coming soon. You just have to pick and choose which ones you want.
  • If this ship is very powerful this is ok, it's the most iconic ship in the whole SW saga! (no, I didn't unlock it).
    Geonosian ships, instead, are the illogic garbage that should be removed from the galaxy....
  • I run a falcon, with 3 rebels around him, and I agree with one of the posters above. It is indeed great at offense, very easy to beat anyone. However, in my first overnight i dropped more than i have ever dropped with my bhs, so its definitely weak on defense which is a major issue.
  • Using a 5* falcon but all my pilots including ackbar are g12 with 6 dot mods I can safely say Im unbeatable unless someone else also uses falcon. My 176 speed ackbar generally is one of the ships to go first and an aoe kills ghost in 1 shot from rebel assists. However with multiple testing attempts it seems the ai wants to reinforce biggs first instead of phantom so falcon v falcon users generally the attacker always wins (faster ackbar helps a ton).

With ppl without falcon, you better get your fast ties to blow up ghost turn 1 such as tie fighter + fotf I didnt test if killing falcon turn 1 with ties is viable since i run tooth with tf and fotf but at 5* you can kill falcon before it gets the evasion buff if you crit. With thrawns heal dmg buff and debuff call in phantom and then another dps like vader, kill biggs since biggs is always the first reinforcement and pray your hound gets breach and taunts stay up cus falcon drops them a lot. Unfortunately all my testing is with maxed pilots with g12 some g12+, zetas, and 6 dot mods.
  • fak9quixw3ye.png
    Home-1's climbing the charts!

• Sounds like you need to spend some more money to get back in ea's favor
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

If 1 ship can so easily keep you out if the top 20, maybe you need to look at how you are developing in the game, and maybe ask for help. Doing that before claiming the "new thing" is broken would probably be more helpful.
  • Kyno wrote: »

If 1 ship can so easily keep you out if the top 20, maybe you need to look at how you are developing in the game, and maybe ask for help. Doing that before claiming the "new thing" is broken would probably be more helpful.

Unless the new thing is so OP that not having it prevents you from getting in the top 20. Most of my fleet is well developed, but one guy with this ship maxed out prevents me from no1 spot. Various combinations against it and all get flattened.

So, please, how do I beat it without having it? It’s OP, even more so that HT was. Alongside each other it’s near unbeatable. I know most of the top 20 fleet players and roughly know their payout times. No one has taken no1 spot today. I doubt anyone will for quite some time to come.

Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    In my shard the top 10 all have the falcon but nobody is really using him yet...bh ships are still pretty lethal and I dont think anyone wants to transition yet...I know I'm not until something changes
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lichbane wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Unless the new thing is so OP that not having it prevents you from getting in the top 20. Most of my fleet is well developed, but one guy with this ship maxed out prevents me from no1 spot. Various combinations against it and all get flattened.

So, please, how do I beat it without having it? It’s OP, even more so that HT was. Alongside each other it’s near unbeatable. I know most of the top 20 fleet players and roughly know their payout times. No one has taken no1 spot today. I doubt anyone will for quite some time to come.

Top 20 is different than 1st.

It's not unbeatable, you just dont have a team developed to do so, there is a difference.

Here are some examples from my shard.
    These 3 were not in the top 20 when I went to bed.
    p3rutf4ju4f6.jpg
    9pbvgd0ynvb9.jpg
    6ls0mvl9kgnb.jpg
    It is possible, and people are doing it.

If someone has been able to develop a team you cant beat, dont they deserve 1st?
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Lichbane wrote: »

Top 20 is different than 1st.

It's not unbeatable, you just dont have a team developed to do so, there is a difference.

Here are some examples from my shard.
    These 3 were not in the top 20 when I went to bed.
    p3rutf4ju4f6.jpg
    9pbvgd0ynvb9.jpg
    6ls0mvl9kgnb.jpg
    It is possible, and people are doing it.

If someone has been able to develop a team you cant beat, dont they deserve 1st?

Developing a team, sure. Deploying the latest OP item, no. It’s not just me, it’s everyone. I haven’t seen the one other guy with **** Falcon yet as his payout is in the early morning, about 8 hours from now. Chances are no1 spot will just end up being shared by those two. Not through ‘developing a fleet’ but by having the latest OP maxed out item.

Unless you mean ‘d$v$loping a fleet’, in which case sure. It’s nice of CG to mess up ships as badly as they have the main arena, just a shame they couldn’t leave ships alone.

Edit: apparently you can’t write em ef even though it’s the abbreviation of the ship. High five CG!

Where are the Stun Guns?
  • I spent the last 2 months putting all my reasources into getting the falcoln f2p. Then yesterday some guy paid for it and then maxed out his home one. (I check on my oppositions rosters often) he’s gone from say 10-5 to 1 for over 12 hours. I know this is actually a better position than most people are in as i have the falcon at 7*. All i have to do is miss c3po and revan coming round again so i can pool all my time into gearing my rebels. I think its very shrewd of CG to not only create an op ship but to also require a previously sub par capital ship. $$$