The Next Territory Wars (1/17/19) [MEGA]

Replies

• How about just leaving TW alone, without stupid experiments? People invested time and money in characters, but now some are baned and some overpowered without reason.

But I know, why all this nonsense from developers. It's because Revan team is not even OP, it is invincible since Enfys was nerfed. Now the developers just play stupid games to ban Revan and some other random characters, experiment with buffs on useless characters, like jawas. A bunch of ****! I might soon quit this boring game with dumb experiments.
  • For Jawas, does "can call" mean will call (100% chance) leading to an endless stream of Jawa attacks or is there some unstated % chance of calling additional assists so that it isn't continuous.

I guess the shock at least avoids an infinite loop of assists against a self healer like KRU (I wish that weren't the case, I would love to see a 5 minute video of continuous Jawa assists until timeout).

I know this was asked earlier but I missed any answer if there was one.
  • How about just leaving TW alone, without stupid experiments?

Stay calm. Repeat after me..."WE are the beta-testers....WE are the beta-testers..WE are the beta-testers."

Good. Now beathe....breathe...

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    How about just leaving TW alone, without stupid experiments?

Stay calm. Repeat after me..."WE are the beta-testers....WE are the beta-testers..WE are the beta-testers."

What beta? I am not a tester, and I want a full game as a customer, who spent already around 400 euros on a character, which is banned
  • CoSrenegade
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    What beta? I am not a tester, and I want a full game as a customer, who spent already around 400 euros on a character, which is banned

Today, he will be reborn ! :)
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • If I knew that I will be cheated of my investment, I obviously would not spend anything.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    If I knew that I will be cheated of my investment, I obviously would not spend anything.

So if they had told you 3 months ago that there would be one TW in which you wouldn’t be allowed to use Revan you wouldn’t have bought him? That’s what you’re saying?
  • Nothing in this game is an investment. Why people continue to use that phraseology for spending money in this game is beyond me. When you go to the movies have you made some sort of investment, going to the state fair is an investment. This is a game and you pay for the fun of a game. Same as you go to the movies for the fun of the movie. After the movie is over you can decide if the price was worth it or not, but you did not make an investment. An investment implies that you expect some increase in value over time. Games like this are the full on opposite of investment. These types of games depend on the slow steady decline of worth so that you will spend more money in game.

Wait...treated like a customer? Who receives timely communication? Whose opinions matter? Whose game experience and enjoyment are important? Whose investments, be it monetary or time are respected and useful??

Lolololol. You must be new here. This is the forums for "Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes". You must have taken a wrong turn or something. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • qfwm2001 wrote: »
    Nothing in this game is an investment. Why people continue to use that phraseology for spending money in this game is beyond me. When you go to the movies have you made some sort of investment, going to the state fair is an investment. This is a game and you pay for the fun of a game. Same as you go to the movies for the fun of the movie. After the movie is over you can decide if the price was worth it or not, but you did not make an investment. An investment implies that you expect some increase in value over time. Games like this are the full on opposite of investment. These types of games depend on the slow steady decline of worth so that you will spend more money in game.

When i buy a huge, great quality, very expensive tv with great sound device very expensive too, i’m not particularly having fun going to the store, carrying it to my trunk and driving home. I didn’t pay hundreds/thousands for that experience. I invested that money knowing that it would make every movie i’ll watch with that setup more enjoyable.
    Investment does not imply increase in value, it implies return (on investment...).
  • Liath wrote: »
    If I knew that I will be cheated of my investment, I obviously would not spend anything.

So if they had told you 3 months ago that there would be one TW in which you wouldn’t be allowed to use Revan you wouldn’t have bought him? That’s what you’re saying?

It wasn't Revan, but whatever. Yes, I would not have invested in it.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Wait...treated like a customer? Who receives timely communication? Whose opinions matter? Whose game experience and enjoyment are important? Whose investments, be it monetary or time are respected and useful??

Lolololol. You must be new here. This is the forums for "Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes". You must have taken a wrong turn or something. :D

I don't get what you are saying. Do you mean I should be happy, when EA cheats me? Well, I'm not. Are you?
  • qfwm2001 wrote: »
    Nothing in this game is an investment. Why people continue to use that phraseology for spending money in this game is beyond me. When you go to the movies have you made some sort of investment, going to the state fair is an investment. This is a game and you pay for the fun of a game. Same as you go to the movies for the fun of the movie. After the movie is over you can decide if the price was worth it or not, but you did not make an investment. An investment implies that you expect some increase in value over time. Games like this are the full on opposite of investment. These types of games depend on the slow steady decline of worth so that you will spend more money in game.

Investment for me is what I consider as investment, not anybody else. In this case investment is my time and money, but the return is fun. No fun - wasted investment.
  • Instead of spending your resources with banning characters from TW maybe look into being able to run a TW while a GA is happening?

Open Alpha
  • RameusYYC wrote: »
    Instead of spending your resources with banning characters from TW maybe look into being able to run a TW while a GA is happening?

It is quite possible the staff relegated to SWGOH are not the same people that create new areas etc. They might be working on the new project CG has mentioned.
  • I have one suggestion for the developers.

As TWs are always grouped in pairs with one starting after the other. I would suggest alternating between an altered TW and a regular TW.

For example. This past set of two TWs you had the banned toon TW and then the buffed toon TW back to back. You let us know about the banned toons 5 days in advance which gave us the necessary time to prepare a viable strategy. However with the buffed factions we had one day to prepare a strategy. Which is doable but can cause a lot of confusion within the guild.

My proposal would be run the first TW in the set with the modifications and then do a regular TW afterward. Then for the next set of TWs, which would happen after the next TB, you release the details of the new modifications let's say 3 days in advance. I think this would be a reasonable amount of time to prepare the new strategy.
  • One more comment - something else that would help TWs is a better matchmaking algorithm. I would say about 80% of our TWs have been very one-sided - split evenly between us destroying our opponent and our opponent wiping us out
  • TW is going to be fun again

The Ban only helped new players , so once a year a ban will be okay lol
  • If I knew that I will be cheated of my investment, I obviously would not spend anything.

What "investment" did you make and how were you "cheated" out of it?
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    I have one suggestion for the developers.

As TWs are always grouped in pairs with one starting after the other. I would suggest alternating between an altered TW and a regular TW.

For example. This past set of two TWs you had the banned toon TW and then the buffed toon TW back to back. You let us know about the banned toons 5 days in advance which gave us the necessary time to prepare a viable strategy. However with the buffed factions we had one day to prepare a strategy. Which is doable but can cause a lot of confusion within the guild.

My proposal would be run the first TW in the set with the modifications and then do a regular TW afterward. Then for the next set of TWs, which would happen after the next TB, you release the details of the new modifications let's say 3 days in advance. I think this would be a reasonable amount of time to prepare the new strategy.
    Great idea, this would be awesome!!! Add to it a Grand Arena running concurrent with every TB and it is a perfect monthly schedule!!!
    So:
    Week 1:LS TB & Grand Arena
    Week 2: TW1(modifications) and TW2(Vanila)
    Week 3:DS TB & Grand Arena
    Week 4:TW3(modifications) and TW4(Vanila)
    @CG_SBCrumb

They told everyone in the initial Territory Wars announcements that it would be subject to changing formats. So if you "invested" specifically for TW based upon your assumption that things wouldn't change, then you assumed the risk.
  • Banning toons is a horrid idea. Please don’t ever do it again. To punish people for spending the time and resources in developing characters? Wow. If we want to play only with outdated teams, we have Galactic War for that. The person who thought up that idea should not work in any field where customers are concerned. I sincerely mean that.
    You don’t take things away from customers to make them happy. You GIVE THEM things.

Like faction bonuses!
    This is a wise idea because not only is a customer able to keep what they have, but it makes irrelevant factions relevant. Jawas, clones, tuskens, geonosians, First Order....THAT’s how you keep things fresh, and customers happy!

I thought you had figured that out with the Clone Wars bonuses. Then you went and mass-banned. Now you’re back to bonuses.
    Stick with bonuses for TW! It is a reward for the customers and we like rewards.

I hereby ban bans.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • If anyone enjoys banned characters in TW: feel free to do so. Nobody is stopping you. In fact I encourage you to.
    I won’t, because I don’t walk into a fist fight with my dominant hand tied behind my back. “But everyone elses’ dominant hand is tied behind their backs.” Uhhhh....ok? At which time I argue there’s no longer a point to the fist fight.
    Maybe you’re great at playing football by only running on your knees. Who cares? Most people don’t, and most people don’t care to try.
    By all means: play TW with only mediocre teams. Don’t expect the rest of us to, nor enjoy it when you force us.

Bonuses on the other hand...
    That’s like a fist fight where your nondominant hand has brass knuckles. Or playing knee-football with wings and a jet pack. Fun!
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Leparine
    38 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    What good times it was with CG_Kozispoon! Can we have her back please? *snort* Also please no "Look here, a superduper sweet lolly", while stealing my choclate - communication style anymore. We are not that naive!
  • Bonus system is greatm banning toons is not cool. Keep donig this method,much fun.
  • Minired wrote: »
    TW is going to be fun again

The ban really hurt new players..... Phoenix is the typical first farm for a noob, and Hera was banned, leaving them without a leader.....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Minired wrote: »
    TW is going to be fun again

The ban really hurt new players..... Phoenix is the typical first farm for a noob, and Hera was banned, leaving them without a leader.....

Hera wasn’t banned. However, other beginning squads like FO, Nightsisters, and Bounty Hunters were crippled by the bans.
This discussion has been closed.