The Galactic War: Update and Changes. (Merged Threads)

Replies

• USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Makes me really really really dislike those on this forum who whine and cry for Nerfs and changes EVERYDAY ... THEN They make changes to keep whiners happy and screw those of us who enjoy this game.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Jordtrout
    17 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It's now too hard , I have 5 7*'s and the last 9 battles where all Max teams failed on the last one . it was too easy but this is unreasonable now I'd need 20 or more maxed characters to have a chance , may have just killed off the game for people who won't spend money ....
  • just a question , was the update yesterday night(european time) ? because I really didn't noticed any diference in GW compared to days before and I restarted my GW way after the server-reset and once I finished the dailies ... didn't even got a update-message nor anything that said an update was made.
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    GW used to be easy, usually I countered a few level 70 teams towards the end, by using a few suicide teams I managed to clear it every day.After the update it becomes even easier, the strongest team I encounter is level 67 and I use my Arena team to go through it..I think the GW has been made easier because there are so many complains in the forum.
  • Blizz
    16 posts Member
    I'm level 64. I'm on a server that allows me to stay between 50-100 in arena rank comfortably. I haven't won an arena on purpose for about 2 weeks because I just go in and retreat 3 times to get my daily bonus. I keep the team I have in there though starred and leveled up as to defer people from attacking me and dropping me in rank. Needless to say, my galactic war has been understandably easy since I stopped winning arena due to the algorithm used to calculate GW, but i would still upgrade my arena team to keep my arena rank and still get the reward. This system worked flawlessly until this morning. All I did was take my Lumi from 6 to 7 stars from yesterday, that's it. I didnt win an arena match. And I went from the 1st node being usually level 40-50 to they started at 68. Then I went on to face node after node of level 70s all purple geared and mostly 7 starred. Could this have happened over just a Lumi upgrade? I doubt it. Could this have just been a bad GW selection day? Possibly, but more than likely, they seemingly changed the way GW is calculated. I hope I'm wrong and I just had a bad day.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Luke6108 wrote: »
    GW used to be easy, usually I countered a few level 70 teams towards the end, by using a few suicide teams I managed to clear it every day.After the update it becomes even easier, the strongest team I encounter is level 67 and I use my Arena team to go through it..I think the GW has been made easier because there are so many complains in the forum.

Enjoy while you can. I had that result yesterday after the update. Today is back to nightmare squads and I am done at Node 7. It was non-stop Arena battles and my 32 toons are pretty much all dead or hanging on by a thread.
  • Arena rank got nothing to do with gw difficulty. It's your teams arena power that matters. So if you upgraded lumi that might increase the difficulty.
    114 posts Member
    I've done exactly the same kept my arena rank down, then 7* Lumi now gw is impossible, getting very board with the game now, gw is the only way to advanced at a good rate.
  • And they just fixed gw yesterday. I don't know how they changed it exactly.
  • just a question , was the update yesterday night(european time) ? because I really didn't noticed any diference in GW compared to days before and I restarted my GW way after the server-reset and once I finished the dailies ... didn't even got a update-message nor anything that said an update was made.

Second that.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • USAmazing wrote: »
    Makes me really really really dislike those on this forum who whine and cry for Nerfs and changes EVERYDAY ... THEN They make changes to keep whiners happy and screw those of us who enjoy this game.

You dislike PEOPLE who give feedback on this forum? Jeez man, isn't that what this forum is for? I'm a first time poster and don't feel like I'm whining or crying for a nerf. In fact, I've been incredibly happy with the game and most of the changes EA has made. I felt compelled to give feedback here because the changes to GW are simply too extreme. As most PEOPLE have said in this thread, GW has gone from easily finishable to so incredibly hard that many feel it's a real game-changer. It's a free country and you're welcome to disagree, but your post is not at all helpful.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    And they just fixed gw yesterday. I don't know how they changed it exactly.
    You mean nerfed...
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Blizz
    16 posts Member
    Arena rank got nothing to do with gw difficulty. It's your teams arena power that matters. So if you upgraded lumi that might increase the difficulty.

It's last "arena win" is my understanding of how they calculate GW difficulty. Which is why I lose on purpose, but upgrade my arena team.
  • They've changed it from this-thing-that-nobody-could-explain to this-thing-that-nobody-knows-about.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Good...good. Let the hate flow through you!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Can I have your stuff

I'll just take any purple hair dryers - you can have the rest.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Iam a dolphin GW was extremely hard for me to the point I haven't even tried it for 2 weeks as I don't need the credits and always faced lvl 70 7* fully maxed from node 2, but after the update it does appear more easier for me as I just completed it with minimal loss, all those lucky people who cleared it daily who hasn't spent a penny on the game Iam glad it has got harder for you, it doesn't seem fair I spend thousands and I cannot complete it and f2p complete it daily. The what Iam trying to say is the update has worked and is good. No more free GW victorys
  • Keep it like this please , very enjoyable

Top marks , bravo
  • I completed it 2 days in a row....now on day 3 I am facing a team composed of

Level 70 Sid 7*
    Level 70 Lumi 7*
    Level 68 Daka 7*
    Level 70 IG88 7*
    Level 66 6* JC.

I have retreated 32 times now and have yet to make it past......and I am only on the 5th node.

I have sent in my b team and I am defeated before I can take out 1 character.
  • Yea not as crazy as before but still too crazy for my taste when it becomes work it's no fun
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Blizz wrote: »
    Arena rank got nothing to do with gw difficulty. It's your teams arena power that matters. So if you upgraded lumi that might increase the difficulty.

It's last "arena win" is my understanding of how they calculate GW difficulty. Which is why I lose on purpose, but upgrade my arena team.

This is incorrect. At least the last time any developer actually spoke on the topic it is the highest POWER of your team with your last arena win. Has nothing to do with rank. It also won't change if you later make your arena team weaker, drop in rank or lose more often.

If you win an arena match with a 22k arena team, your GW will based on a 22k team - until you win with a higher powered team. Regardless if you swap out to an 18k team or lose rank later.

If later you win an arena match with a 25k power team, your GW matchups will be based on a 25k powered team. Again, it doesn't matter if you lose rank, or swap back in a weaker team.

This was all confirmed by devs on Reddit.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It's based on most powerful team you ever took to the arena and won. Rank is irrelevant. If you took a team with power 25000, your GW is based on 25000.
    If next day you take a team with power 24000, your GW is still based on 25000.
    Then, if you upgrade a toon and win in the Arena with power 25600, future GWs will start using 25600 for difficulty.
    Loosing in the arena or dropping rank will not make GW easier.
    I personally think this is a flawed design, but whatever ...
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    I had completed it 40/41 days prior to yesterday's update. Today I completed it again but I did it with one squad, QGJ, Yoda, Lumi, Sid and Rey. Except the last node when I got my first real challenge. I had killed everyone but one had a sliver left, before my squad was wiped out. I had to bring in my b team and finished it with one hit. I had to retreat only once because one of mine got killed due to some rare AI focus on node 10. It was much easier that it has been considering in the past I would have to use a couple suicide squads. Not today though. The difficulty progression was much better in that the hardest teams were at the end, not in the middle. I am not sure if I like the changes yet. I liked the challenge of having to know when to retreat and switch characters, etc. If today was an indicator of how it is going to be ongoing, I question why I built such a big team that could participate in GW if I can clear it with only my A team. Who knows, maybe I got lucky today?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Blizz
    16 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Blizz wrote: »

This is incorrect. At least the last time any developer actually spoke on the topic it is the highest POWER of your team with your last arena win. Has nothing to do with rank. It also won't change if you later make your arena team weaker, drop in rank or lose more often.

If you win an arena match with a 22k arena team, your GW will based on a 22k team - until you win with a higher powered team. Regardless if you swap out to an 18k team or lose rank later.

If later you win an arena match with a 25k power team, your GW matchups will be based on a 25k powered team. Again, it doesn't matter if you lose rank, or swap back in a weaker team.

This was all confirmed by devs on Reddit.

Maybe I want that clear, my apologies. My last arena win was when I was about 14k power. My team is now 21k power and they have not actually won an arena match since they had 14k power. I made the run to rank 80 in arena at 15k power on my server, then stopped winning on purpose. My last arena win was at 14k power. Yet, I'm getting crazy hard back to back nodes as of this morning. The past 2 weeks before this morning, Ive cleared GW in about 30 mins daily. All I've done is upgrade Lumi from 6 to 7 star as of yesterday. I haven't won an arena match since 14k power, so I have suspicion they've changed the algorithm.
  • Blizz
    16 posts Member
    I made the run to rank 80 on my server at 14k, not 15k power. Sorry, typo.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    This was all confirmed by revs on Reddit?

Why Reddit? What is this forum for? How come GW cannot be explained here by those who make this game on their own forums???

I keep hearing all these quotes about stuff that is said on that Reddit site... I use this game to get to these forums... I would like to see info for this game on this site and not have to go search other sites to find out info.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • They posted yesterday that they changed GW matchmaking. I have been beating it for over a month every day, as of today I get stuck on the 5th fight. Nothing changed between yesterday and today except whatever matchmaking change they did.
  • Oh like that. Don't you drop massively in arena ranking? Since you didn't win any match in 1-2 weeks?
  • Regularjoe12
    3 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    Basef off the concensus of reports, GW HAS actually increased n indifficulty. Some folks are seeing linear matches (lvl 65+ squads at first, mega lvl 70 swuads toward ends) and it's more consistent - however even more people are facing the same bug that causes mega squads throughout making it even more problematic for a wider scope of players.

THis update needs to be redone.

I understand they're still catering to the players with 10 7 star toons maxed level and gear and reflecting that in GW - however, that's not fair to 90% of all other players to situate that way as the best players keep having an easy time and it's made impossible for players to reach the topper teirs.

I disagree with you some. Personally I don't think anyone who is level 50 should be able to complete GW at all, much less be doing it regularly. On average a level 50 player should be able to knock out 5-6 nodes a day. Still improving on their income, but not bringing in what max 70/7*s are making. You shouldn't be able to beat GW consistantly until you have at least 7-8 high leveled starter quality toons and 2 suicide squads.

The idea is, you get more rewards as you gain power. I don't agree that level 50 guys should be able to complete and receive the same rewards as the level 70's who have put in more time (or money). Put in the time, grow your toons, and GW will get easier. At least that's how it should be IMO.