I don't get the whole p2w situation...

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    I need to start paying more attention to who started a thread before I start investing the time to read it.

Yeah I mean do f2p opinions even matter?

Maybe it's time to face reality. The reason (i assume) you're not doing so hot isn't because you're f2p or that your opinion doesn't matter. It's because you suck at the game and your posts are longwinded whinefests.
    Hard to believe, but i wrote this comment out of the kindness of my heart. blunt and brutally honest seemed like the best way to go about it.
    re-evaluate your stance, or atleast the way in which you express yourself. The latter will most likely lead to more support from your fellow forumusers. You're kinda hard to agree with even if i would agree with the underlying point i assume you're trying to make.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I need to start paying more attention to who started a thread before I start investing the time to read it.

I'm f2p. I feel my opinions matter.

I got the Falcon (5*, maybe make 6* by the end of the event). It is most certainly not p2p.
  • I need to start paying more attention to who started a thread before I start investing the time to read it.

Of course they do.

But this is a week that has seen you:

- claim that BB8’s unique awarding TM to droids “undermines” your toons
    - Claim that Han’s Mil F is p2p, and state that some ftp players unlocking the ship doesn’t make it ftp
    - claim that Tie Reaper, Nest and Hound’s Tooth are now obsolete
    - complain bitterly that your traya team falls so far in arena when others beat you, whilst in the same thread stating with some largesse that you “can beat any team in your arena shard”

So I think citadel of rick’s Point is not that the opinion of ftp doesn’t matter. It’s that the opinions of a serial complainer who thinks all aspects of the game should be geared towards him don’t matter.

• Here's how you beat a falcon: Cassians FTP Uwing.

Of course they do.

- Claim that Han’s Mil F is p2p, and state that some ftp players unlocking the ship doesn’t make it ftp
    - complain bitterly that your traya team falls so far in arena when others beat you, whilst in the same thread stating with some largesse that you “can beat any team in your arena shard”

So I think citadel of rick’s Point is not that the opinion of ftp doesn’t matter. It’s that the opinions of a serial complainer who thinks all aspects of the game should be geared towards him don’t matter.

This.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Here's how you beat a falcon: Cassians FTP Uwing.

Can we get a nerf on cassian?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Sounds like someone didn’t get the falcon lol. People want everything to be nerfed to their liking.
    If you have a robust ship roster ( minus bounties) you should have no problem climbing. Otherwise you have a weak roster and that’s on you. People need to stop complaining they can’t be top with a bottom roster all the time.
    Tooth has been around for a long time now. If you pay for these things then you get to stay up top for a while. Then when they become farmable you just know something is about to drop to crush that thing. This is the ebb and flow of this game
  • Kokie wrote: »

Unless PeterBahama farmed it already and has it maxed, then it would be more fair to everyone to leave it as is.
  • Kokie wrote: »

Unless PeterBahama farmed it already and has it maxed, then it would be more fair to everyone to leave it as is.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised, all I hear is how important choices are in this game but when you choose to farm something OP it gets nerfed to the ground shortly after
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Kokie wrote: »

I mean I wouldn't be surprised, all I hear is how important choices are in this game but when you choose to farm something OP it gets nerfed to the ground shortly after
    The first actual counter to Bossk ship was Anakin's ship which was released one day after Hounds Tooth became farmable... Meaning you chose to farm HT knowing there exists a ship that counters it

And you need this ship to get the Falcon... so its not like you are farming nothing. Farming HT also means you are farming the Falcon at the same time
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I need to start paying more attention to who started a thread before I start investing the time to read it.

I'm f2p. I feel my opinions matter.

I got the Falcon (5*, maybe make 6* by the end of the event). It is most certainly not p2p.

So you focused on BH ships and still didn't make seven star and yet that makes it better? lol. if anything you show that its p2p more with this comment then not.

Just like when Revan came out, people who massively focused on the OR toons still didn't unlock him, he was still p2w because he was only seven star unlockable.

Suddenly because you can unlock the weakened form of the ship since its not seven star, it's "ok" to always lose against everyone who paid to get the ship to seven star. Yeah its ok to be terrible at the game thanks to being f2p.

Its still way to early to call all this, and suddenly no named people in ships are suddenly placing higher then they ever could before. You buy the Falcon, you go up in ranks, that is the definition of P2W.

Also Kyno posted a perfect example on Page one, none of those people he posted are in rank 1. None of them were. Top 20 doesn't matter, top 5 does in ships. I can still take first place, but I do wonder for how long as I see more Falcon's popping up.

Just like with Revan, Revan took WEEKS to actually start affecting the top. It didn't happen overnight. We will have to wait and see how this all takes effect.

The letters that abbreviate the falcon are swearwords? lol
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    You guys assume too much but fail to see the bigger picture. You expect people to commit into farms without solid evidence of anything coming and nothing but rumors and speculation. If they commit and nothing comes (solo characters) then you blame them for overcommitting and wasting resources on rumors and speculation. If they don't commit to rumors and speculation then you blame them and then say they should have taken the hints and commit to those characters/ships from day 1. Either way you can't win with you guys. Idk if you get insider information but i can tell you hard when you don't. And if happened to jump on the hype wagon and switch my attention from my unfinished farms to commit to the new characters from day 1 then when the unfinished farm character returns I'll be blamed again for not finishing them.

Kyno
    TheJEFFtm
    leef

Ig88 was the only "blind farm". HT and blood have been working together great for a long time. Boba has been a great reinforcement since ships 2.0 was released.

All the pilots have either been out for a long time or were used in the Chewie event.

So "wasting resources" on a single ship ig2000 is not over committing by any stretch, even if it was purely based on speculation.

That being said, this was more of an educated guess, as it was all based on information we were seeing unfold in front of us. BH needed to get OG chewie, the leaks of possible information that seemed to be playing out, and pushing of BH ships.

If you didnt see the writing on the wall it doesnt mean it's not there and it doesnt mean others didnt.

I'm not sure how long you have been playing, but many of us have been here a long time and as such, have a little more freedom to farm as we want. It has nothing to do with information in some cases. I started farming ig2000 the minute it hit, because I had nothing else on my plate in that table, and I had a decent stash of crystals so I made sure I would hit it sooner than later.

Not sure what any of this has to do with you saying there is no balance or it's not interesting (which why are you playing if you don't find it interesting?).

Planning and sometimes risking on a long shot(short shot in this case) is what it's all about. The grind is the game, everything else is just for fun.

If everyone had 4 fleets that could always win, that would be less interesting and less change. That would just be boring and people would stop playing. Seeing a new team, trying to figure out a counter or the best way to guarantee a win, that's my fun. What's yours?

Well thanks for proving my point.

1. You admit that you had nothing else to farm so you jumped on the node right away because you had nothing else to do. I can guarantee that that's not the situation with 99% of f2p, especially those who didn't start at launch but a bit later.

I'm f2p. I started almost half a year after launch. I had no problems unlocking the new Falcon, and farming XB and IG-2000, even though I had a few other characters to farm (Embo, Vandor, Visas, Range, HT). I simply chose to farm XB and IG-2000 instead. You could have as well.
    2. Even if IG was the only ship you were missing that's enough to miss the falcon. The requirements is for all BH ships not just slave1, hT and blood. So at least throw the f2p argument out the window right there. Some times 1 wasteful node is enough to throw you off a future event.

Having to make a choice to farm that specific node does not make the new Falcon locked behind a paywall. It's completely f2p. You could even buy two refreshes for 75 crystals total only. Yes, most f2p players could afford that.
    4. It's basically guaranteed that if BH ships were not required for the falcon and I had gotten Blood and IG to 7 stars, then a different legendary event happened which would require some other characters, you would talk to me about I shouldn't have finished IG and Blood on the possibility of a falcon because nothing had been actually confirmed and I just took a long shot. I'm I wrong?

As f2p you shouldn't expect to 7* all new legendary/heroic characters the first time around. Don't set your expectations too high. However, you could still easily have unlocked the new Falcon this time around, had you chosen to.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I love to have whales lecture me on trolling. Falcon is NOT f2p just because some f2p are going to get it. Simple as that. I'm fortunate enough to finish top 50 in arena and top 10 on fleet, I can't even imagine what this mist be like for those who are in the 200s or 100s.

That simply further proves, that you could VERY easily have unlocked the falcon, if only you had farmed for it as soon as it was announced and the requirement for BH ships was clearly hinted. With a 3* XB and IG-2000 from their marquee events, you only needed 95 more shards of each . With 16 battles for each of the two hard nodes (one 25 crystals refresh) a day, you would have easily made it.
  • The hounds tooth isnt useless. It's very good and a requirement to get HMF
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Choices ARE important. That's what stood in your way to your own new and shiny Falcon.
  • Waqui wrote: »

Choices ARE important. That's what stood in your way to your own new and shiny Falcon.

You're acting as if I knew it was coming for sure and I knew exactly what the requirements would be and I ignored it
  • Ultra wrote: »

The first actual counter to Bossk ship was Anakin's ship which was released one day after Hounds Tooth became farmable... Meaning you chose to farm HT knowing there exists a ship that counters it

And you need this ship to get the Falcon... so its not like you are farming nothing. Farming HT also means you are farming the Falcon at the same time

The first actual counters were gauntlet and ITF, which predated HT by more than a year.
  • The only pay2win thing that still annoys me 2 months later was Revan. If you go back and see when the Old Republic toons were all added to hard nodes.....it wasn’t even a full 2 weeks before ea/cg announced OR would be needed for Revan. That was the most blatant cash grab I have ever seen in over 3 years of playing this game. And for the very few that didn’t need money...they used the thousands upon thousands of crystal they had stocked up on.

The **** can also be considered a cash grab if you plan on getting it 7* because like the Revan event....they didn’t give the players enough time to farm what was needed before making the event go live.

If your like me and are perfectly fine settling for a 5* ****....then it isn’t really a cash grab and if you do need to spend some money it won’t be much. I’m perfectly fine spending a small amount cause I like playing this game....but having to drop a couple of hundred dollars for a toon cause ea/cg thought it was a good idea to not give the community longer than 2 weeks to farm 5 toons to 7* is outright wrong and greedy.

If they ever do that again....as much as I like this game and spent money in the past...will disgust me enough to delete the game and walk away for good.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Veteran smuggler han and chewbacca were farmable on November 22nd and JTR's event launched on December 15 which is very much in line with what they did with Jedi Knight Revan
  • You released a ship that literally can't lose on defense unless by itself. Why? This power creep is making the game uninteresting, there's no balancing. You made us farm HT for months only to make it useless right after. Who makes these decisions? Don't you think the OT falcon would be popular and people would buy it if it was just a powerful ship without braking the game? Heck you could have made it counter one fleet, not everything. You're dooming everyone who isn't getting it to not have a chance. The amount of protection rebel ships will gain under AA lead is not healthy. You're basically guaranteed to be unable to finish the battle in 5 minutes unless you're using falcon yourself, that's IF you can survive it for this long...

Who said it cant be beaten. I'm 3 from 3 personally

This was my closest battle so far.

https://youtu.be/CGsM31Y4eXc

@John_Matrix1985 that fleet you went against was not good. I knew immediately when Biggs came in as the first reinforcement. You can’t use biggs as a reinforcement with Falcon or it will always come in first and you want phantom to come in first.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    You guys assume too much but fail to see the bigger picture. You expect people to commit into farms without solid evidence of anything coming and nothing but rumors and speculation. If they commit and nothing comes (solo characters) then you blame them for overcommitting and wasting resources on rumors and speculation. If they don't commit to rumors and speculation then you blame them and then say they should have taken the hints and commit to those characters/ships from day 1. Either way you can't win with you guys. Idk if you get insider information but i can tell you hard when you don't. And if happened to jump on the hype wagon and switch my attention from my unfinished farms to commit to the new characters from day 1 then when the unfinished farm character returns I'll be blamed again for not finishing them.

@Kyno
    @TheJEFFtm
    @leef

Solo characters were pretty good for that smuggler event.

I use qira lead, nest, l3 all the time in that. Put in raid han and chewy....

• Landale3
    87 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    "Rumors" of HMF came about some time in early December, after data mining found some references to it. Those references were posted on these forums as soon as they were found. So, there was a little more than rumor to back up the idea that farming BHs was a good thing.

I didn't start farming IG2000 until after those data mines were posted. He was already 3* from the marquee when I started, but I had IG2000 at 5* in time for the event. I had been working on XB (5*) and HT (6*) for a while before then (because they're great ships), and of course I had a maxed Boba. I had HMF at 5* by the time the event started.

But I also had an amazing stroke of luck with pulling shards from the pack and managed to get my Ig2000 and XB to 6*, so now I have a 6* falcon. But, just F2P? I would have had a 5* HMF, and that is after waiting to farm IG2000.

The clues were there, so I farmed the BH ships harder than I previously was.

Now, there are "rumors" of a General Grevious ship (but really, it's very likely he's coming). So, I have been farming him out of the fleet store for the past couple months. I have also been buffing up my Galactic Republic fleet a bit, because that's most likely going to be the faction needed to get it (my guess, but it's not without its precedents).
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I'll just put these here. This is from my shard mates:
    (Taken this morning)
    jktft3p7nm64.jpg
    7tpw00b5m44s.jpg
    7gaika7si15g.jpg

nl5v4n3sxajq.gif

It's still early and you can't see the reinforcements...

Those 3 do not have it unlocked. They were not in the top 20 when I went to bed. They seem to be able to win against HMF in less than 5 min and 2 are still using HT (meaning hes not useless yet). They dont seem to be doomed.

It is still early for a lot of people to have omf set in the right lineup. Our shard the guy that took first place one minute after my payout hasnt moved in 24 hrs. First time this has happened in my shard ever.
  • ottomaddux wrote: »
    (Taken this morning)
    jktft3p7nm64.jpg
    7tpw00b5m44s.jpg
    7gaika7si15g.jpg

nl5v4n3sxajq.gif

Those 3 do not have it unlocked. They were not in the top 20 when I went to bed. They seem to be able to win against HMF in less than 5 min and 2 are still using HT (meaning hes not useless yet). They dont seem to be doomed.

It is still early for a lot of people to have omf set in the right lineup. Our shard the guy that took first place one minute after my payout hasnt moved in 24 hrs. First time this has happened in my shard ever.

24 hours... any idea what the lineup is? Not SnakesOnAPlane is it?
  • OP, think Tony Stark pre Iron Man, selling arms to both sides, watching the fighting escalate. But, CG hasn't been thrown in a cave so no epithany.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Geo spy taunt reinforcement, cassian buff removal reinforcement, mass aoe ships all counter hmf
  • ottomaddux wrote: »
    (Taken this morning)
    jktft3p7nm64.jpg
    7tpw00b5m44s.jpg
    7gaika7si15g.jpg

nl5v4n3sxajq.gif

24 hours... any idea what the lineup is? Not SnakesOnAPlane is it?

I havent fought him yet, cant get back that high, dont have otmf, but his first three are otmf, ht, ghost. All 7 star.
  • Aluxtu wrote: »
    Geo spy taunt reinforcement, cassian buff removal reinforcement, mass aoe ships all counter hmf

Maybe against a 5 star lineup, none of those ships help against a 7 star lineup.
  • The good news is right before the second round of the event comes around cg will admit it is op and nerf it.

Of course they do.

OOOF! What a haymaker hahahah
This discussion has been closed.