Ot falcon way overpowered

Replies

• Lichbane wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Lichbane wrote: »
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Pretty safe to say the new falcon just broke the game. Looks like i wont make top twenty for six months. One more reason to quit playing

If 1 ship can so easily keep you out if the top 20, maybe you need to look at how you are developing in the game, and maybe ask for help. Doing that before claiming the "new thing" is broken would probably be more helpful.

Unless the new thing is so OP that not having it prevents you from getting in the top 20. Most of my fleet is well developed, but one guy with this ship maxed out prevents me from no1 spot. Various combinations against it and all get flattened.

So, please, how do I beat it without having it? It’s OP, even more so that HT was. Alongside each other it’s near unbeatable. I know most of the top 20 fleet players and roughly know their payout times. No one has taken no1 spot today. I doubt anyone will for quite some time to come.

Top 20 is different than 1st.

It's not unbeatable, you just dont have a team developed to do so, there is a difference.

Here are some examples from my shard.
    These 3 were not in the top 20 when I went to bed.
    p3rutf4ju4f6.jpg
    9pbvgd0ynvb9.jpg
    6ls0mvl9kgnb.jpg
    It is possible, and people are doing it.

If someone has been able to develop a team you cant beat, dont they deserve 1st?

Developing a team, sure. Deploying the latest OP item, no. It’s not just me, it’s everyone. I haven’t seen the one other guy with **** Falcon yet as his payout is in the early morning, about 8 hours from now. Chances are no1 spot will just end up being shared by those two. Not through ‘developing a fleet’ but by having the latest OP maxed out item.

Unless you mean ‘d$v$loping a fleet’, in which case sure. It’s nice of CG to mess up ships as badly as they have the main arena, just a shame they couldn’t leave ships alone.

Edit: apparently you can’t write em ef even though it’s the abbreviation of the ship. High five CG!

If you farmed them you would get them 6 f2p players in my shard got him and I got him to it wasn't that hard if you want something you have to work for it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pretty safe to say the new falcon just broke the game. Looks like i wont make top twenty for six months. One more reason to quit playing

If 1 ship can so easily keep you out if the top 20, maybe you need to look at how you are developing in the game, and maybe ask for help. Doing that before claiming the "new thing" is broken would probably be more helpful.

Unless the new thing is so OP that not having it prevents you from getting in the top 20. Most of my fleet is well developed, but one guy with this ship maxed out prevents me from no1 spot. Various combinations against it and all get flattened.

So, please, how do I beat it without having it? It’s OP, even more so that HT was. Alongside each other it’s near unbeatable. I know most of the top 20 fleet players and roughly know their payout times. No one has taken no1 spot today. I doubt anyone will for quite some time to come.

It's not unbeatable, you just dont have a team developed to do so, there is a difference.

p3rutf4ju4f6.jpg
    9pbvgd0ynvb9.jpg
    6ls0mvl9kgnb.jpg

If someone has been able to develop a team you cant beat, dont they deserve 1st?

Developing a team, sure. Deploying the latest OP item, no. It’s not just me, it’s everyone. I haven’t seen the one other guy with **** Falcon yet as his payout is in the early morning, about 8 hours from now. Chances are no1 spot will just end up being shared by those two. Not through ‘developing a fleet’ but by having the latest OP maxed out item.

Unless you mean ‘d$v$loping a fleet’, in which case sure. It’s nice of CG to mess up ships as badly as they have the main arena, just a shame they couldn’t leave ships alone.

Edit: apparently you can’t write em ef even though it’s the abbreviation of the ship. High five CG!

Oh I didnt realize they got HMF without developing other ships.

And that they have a fleet just sitting there with just HMF as the only ship.

Most likely they have several ships developed for both the purposes of getting HMF and to use with the ship. This required them to make choice and follow a plan that they saw as a good idea.

Yes people spend $$, it doesnt get them anything someone cant get for free. It just gets them there faster. F2p have and will get HMF this go around, most of the requirements were around for a while and squeezing out the last ship can be done without too much of an investment of crystals, which can be gained for free.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    One more reason to quit playing

Yep. It's the only solution. Better go ahead and get it over with.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Spoke too soon just had to try for 3 different starting comps. Definitely beatable. Although it seemed to hinge on the stun from kylo and breach from HT hmvywx9m03ae.png
  • Lichbane wrote: »

p3rutf4ju4f6.jpg
    9pbvgd0ynvb9.jpg
    6ls0mvl9kgnb.jpg

Huh, i’m getting falcon 7* for free. Not there yet, but about 20+ shards to go on both IG and XB. About the same to go for my alt, just that it’ll only hit 6* but it’s fine in that shard.

TBH it’s one frigging legendary ship that requires a raid toon and a legendary toon to pilot. It’s not something u can just get for $$$$$.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Do tell. Woke up this morning with my top 10 all Akbar/Falcon. But also noticed one guy starting with Poe in his lineup.

So 2 ships faster than HT and hope to Insta-gib the ghost?
  • Been here over 3 years and the constant complaints about stuff being too hard to beat is so played out now. It’s almost like people don’t remember the past.

Of course stuff may be hard to beat when it firsts goes live. After a few days to a week later, people find strategies. Then it becomes easier to beat.

Enough with the complaints already. If you can’t beat something then you obviously are doing something wrong or need to give more attention to the pilots and ship abilities and synergies. Maybe you need to polish your pilots up by getting them G12 and adding g12.5 gear.

Do something about it other than complain. It just makes you come off as entitled like you deserve to be at a higher rank than what you can currently get because the newest ship has been added.

I used to be on these forums a lot....due to the complaint after complaint and post after post...I just figured I’d rather stay away cause seeing the same ‘o thing when something is released is pretty annoying.
  • ottomaddux wrote: »
    Pretty safe to say the new falcon just broke the game.

How many newly-introduced characters have I heard were supposed to do this?

And none of them have.

• How many newly-introduced characters have I heard were supposed to do this?

And none of them have.

I dunno - Revan came pretty close.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/

And none of them have.

Both ht and jkr did.

And none of them have.

Both ht and jkr did.

HT hasn't broken anything - just like Nest hasn't. Well, it may have broken the minds of people who think one team should rule all, but it certainly didn't break the game.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    And yet you slackers have still not told me how to beat it! I'm feeling lazy today. Someone do the hard part for me. ;)

And none of them have.

Both ht and jkr did.

HT hasn't broken anything - just like Nest hasn't. Well, it may have broken the minds of people who think one team should rule all, but it certainly didn't break the game.

No, neither broke the game per se - but both are poor kit design. Logically, getting "stronger" by being hit repeatedly, even whilst stunned, makes no sense (unless you are the Hulk). Nest is the far worse offender of the two though (and yes, I have a g12+ Nest - so no, I'm not complaining about a character I can't beat or don't have).

But whatever. CG made it clear 17 months ago that they don't give a rip about player experience and prefer to look at bottom line and income as their only guiding principles. Looks like they have learned well from their "parent" company.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    HT does what Nest does but even worse
    -Taunt; Unlike Nest you can't ignore him
    -Tank that doesn't die and gains TM if you ignore him so he can retaunt
    -Taunt reapplies if you dispel it or if it expires
    -Counters by healing or buff immunitiy? No problem, basic dispels all debuffs on him
    -Regenerates health AND protection on basic

I'm running a 7 star Hounds Tooth, but even I know how cheap this ship is
  • Ultra wrote: »
    HT does what Nest does but even worse
    -Taunt; Unlike Nest you can't ignore him
    -Tank that doesn't die and gains TM if you ignore him so he can retaunt
    -Taunt reapplies if you dispel it or if it expires
    -Counters by healing or buff immunitiy? No problem, basic dispels all debuffs on him
    -Regenerates health AND protection on basic

I'm running a 7 star Hounds Tooth, but even I know how cheap this ship is

All you have to do is look at the fact that 98% of the people that have HT run HT - that tells you all you need to know.

I love how "Ships 2.0 created diversity". lol - yeah, no it didn't. It just forced a different meta...that virtually anyone who can, runs.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dont worry in a month there will be counters like always!
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Yeah. Honestly. It's insanely good. Drop the cleanse and it's still the best ship in the game by a mile PARSEC.

Fixed.

tenor.gif

• VonZant wrote: »
    And yet you slackers have still not told me how to beat it! I'm feeling lazy today. Someone do the hard part for me. ;)

I start Tooth, Spy, Soldier, with Sun Fac, Biggs, Asohka, and Poe as reinforcements. I beat a couple Falcons yesterday (all 5*, as I’m in the top 50, not top 20 any more since I’m farming Bounty Hunters freeplay, without refreshes) with that. Have to use Tooth’s special judiciously to ensure taunt is up while Spy and Soldier are unstealthed, then Sun Fac first to ensure you always have a taunter. Save the mass assist for when Sun Fac is out and beat up everyone as soon as they come in—if Falcon doesn’t have the buff you hit it if you can kill it, but otherwise I was focusing on his supports.

Second reinforcement depends on the situation. If Ghost is out I had A HOOT bringing Asohka in and giving her a ton of health by dispelling all those yummy buffs. Poe is a good call if there’s someone wothout protection or if you just need a big shot. Biggs is his usual all-star self.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

And none of them have.

Both ht and jkr did.

Hear, hear.
  • TheBatman
    71 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Nothing in my roster can beat him. Has anyone found any lineups that can beat Falcon that don't require having the Falcon? The only way to shut down the massive number of assists would be to daze with Resistance X-wing or Poe, but X-wing is really slow and Poe requires a TL to have a chance at land a daze, which is easier said than done when any debuffs you apply are getting dispelled constantly.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TheBatman wrote: »
    Nothing in my roster can beat him. Has anyone found any lineups that can beat Falcon that don't require having the Falcon? The only way to shut down the massive number of assists would be to daze with Resistance X-wing or Poe, but X-wing is really slow and Poe requires a TL to have a chance at land a daze, which is easier said than done when any debuffs you apply are getting dispelled constantly.

Cassian.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Cassian.

I have a maxed cassian, hasnt done anything for me against the power trio.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I fought 3 falcons tonight and Cassian won it each time. Wipe buffs and call your biggest hitter (mine is Vader) to assist on HT or hopefully Falcon. Cassian can also cleanse Breach from your tank to defang the Tooth.

And its early but honestly I think Biggs and Sun Fac (and perhaps Clone Sarge) are far better tanks against Falcon because of her dispel on Basic and she can cleanse his breach. Biggs + Vader constantly refreshes his taunt and heals his protection, which HT cannot do. Clone sarge always gains taunt with protection and SF gets it against Buffed enemies. Falcon will almost always be buffed. In short, the Falcon is the death of HT. Mace fleets with non-HT tanks should do great against it.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I've beaten several Falcons now without using mine, including a 7*. Same lineup I always use: Silencer, HT, FO Tie, with Vader, Biggs, Slave1, and Kylo's Shuttle as reinforcements.

I will concede that I haven't yet seen a 7* HanFalcon with a full Rebel fleet setup yet, and based on what I've seen that does seem like it'd be pretty brutal.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• It’s a great ship. I have at it at 5* and it’s awesome. However; it does not seem Revan caliber to me. Also I’ve won against others with even 7* just fine.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Cassian.

I have a maxed cassian, hasnt done anything for me against the power trio.

I see you said this in the other post too, but I can assure you that you are doing it wrong if this is the case. HMF is easy to take down if you can hit him. Cassian in the right moment opens that up for you.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    And its early but honestly I think Biggs and Sun Fac (and perhaps Clone Sarge) are far better tanks against Falcon because of her dispel on Basic and she can cleanse his breach. ... Clone sarge always gains taunt with protection. ...

On the subject of Clone Sgt, don't forget that his special can't be dodged, so if you can target Falcon it's not going to be dodging. A little less important than the taunt, of course, but his special is highly under-rated!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • You still have 5 days. Can easily get 5* in that time. I took IG2000 4* - 5* in 2 days (no $ spent).