I don't get the whole p2w situation...

Replies

• Waqui wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Here's how you beat a falcon: Cassians FTP Uwing.

Can we get a nerf on cassian?

Unless PeterBahama farmed it already and has it maxed, then it would be more fair to everyone to leave it as is.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised, all I hear is how important choices are in this game but when you choose to farm something OP it gets nerfed to the ground shortly after

Choices ARE important. That's what stood in your way to your own new and shiny Falcon.

You're acting as if I knew it was coming for sure and I knew exactly what the requirements would be and I ignored it

It was datamined and hinted by the game changers for just as long...so yes. You had time and plenty of it as a FTP to get OGMF (I refuse to call it **** Hahahaha)

Face it, the only P2W toons we’ve had were RJT because of the Vets, and even more so Revan. He was the definition of P2W but he’s coming back in a couple weeks and if you haven’t farmed your KOTOR toons by now then that’s completely on you
  • ottomaddux wrote: »
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    Geo spy taunt reinforcement, cassian buff removal reinforcement, mass aoe ships all counter hmf

Maybe against a 5 star lineup, none of those ships help against a 7 star lineup.

Just beat a 7* **** in under a minute. Its not that hard
  • HMF is preferred, short and not reminding you of someone's mom and not getting blocked by profanity filters.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Here's how you beat a falcon: Cassians FTP Uwing.

Can we get a nerf on cassian?

Unless PeterBahama farmed it already and has it maxed, then it would be more fair to everyone to leave it as is.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised, all I hear is how important choices are in this game but when you choose to farm something OP it gets nerfed to the ground shortly after

Choices ARE important. That's what stood in your way to your own new and shiny Falcon.

You're acting as if I knew it was coming for sure and I knew exactly what the requirements would be and I ignored it

Well, everybody else did for long enough to farm it. 15 days should be enough to farm those 2 x 95 shards even as f2p. All it required was focus and not wasting your resources on gearing your CUP instead.

You snooze, you loose. Snoozing was your own personal choice.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Veteran smuggler han and chewbacca were farmable on November 22nd and JTR's event launched on December 15 which is very much in line with what they did with Jedi Knight Revan

2 differences:
    We had 65 veteran shards from the veterans' marquee events - not just 50.
    We had several says of double drops before JTR's event.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    The amount of time given to farm them was 3 weeks. It’s nothing new. Ease of farm is another topic.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    The amount of time given to farm them was 3 weeks. It’s nothing new. Ease of farm is another topic.

There were only 2 of them - though admittedly they needed the same energy.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ultra wrote: »

Quoted from the comment, you responded to (which discussed the OR farm leadibg uo to Revan's event):
    ....but having to drop a couple of hundred dollars for a toon cause ea/cg thought it was a good idea to not give the community longer than 2 weeks to farm 5 toons to 7* is outright wrong and greedy.

Hence, the topic was not only the time given, but also the relation to farming the characters to 7*. The initial extra veteran shards when farming them before JTR's first appearance, and the double drops are all on the same topic.

• ottomaddux wrote: »
    Geo spy taunt reinforcement, cassian buff removal reinforcement, mass aoe ships all counter hmf

Maybe against a 5 star lineup, none of those ships help against a 7 star lineup.

Lol... Okay, just keep thinking its unbeatable then buddy. I take first in fleets in every for over a year. The 7 star might not die in the first volley, but it dies.
  • Also, I'm completely free to play, just unlocked HMF today. I did not start farming ig88 until AFTER they announced bh ships would be required. I stopped refreshing everything except energy and those 2 ship nodes. If you don't want to use crystals to refresh nodes that's fine, but the first 6 energy refreshes and node refreshes are very doable with crystal payouts from the 2 arena shards. If you aren't placing high as is in your shards then I have no idea why you would care if this ship makes it impossible to place high.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Also, I'm completely free to play, just unlocked HMF today. I did not start farming ig88 until AFTER they announced bh ships would be required. I stopped refreshing everything except energy and those 2 ship nodes. If you don't want to use crystals to refresh nodes that's fine, but the first 6 energy refreshes and node refreshes are very doable with crystal payouts from the 2 arena shards. If you aren't placing high as is in your shards then I have no idea why you would care if this ship makes it impossible to place high.

Good work. Ill unlock it in a few days myself.

Rather than refresh, i have already shifted some farming focus to DS Bastila and Canderous Ordo. Have 64K crystals saved up but not taking any chances
  • Nothing and nobody is unbeatable.

Are CG using power-creep to make money? Absolutely! That's the whole point of the game, obviously. It's not a charity.

But...nothing and nobody is unbeatable.
  • Xx1xx2xx2
    143 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm f2p, and have almost 7star hmf. Honestly I'm happy that, couse finally rebel ship back to game. I'm really boring fight with all top chimera and ht. Every game is coin fleep couse all chimera has almost same speed. I'm boring fu tie silencer who's missing all the time. And I dont use ghost. Cassian is 8 gear and work well.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I'm ftp and I'll get the falcon 7 stars. It's cost me around 0 cents and 4k crystals.

I don't know why I'm telling you this though, since my opinion doesn't matter
  • Ships being boring == Quality of Life
  • JerrickKharr87
    934 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Xx1xx2xx2 wrote: »
    I'm f2p, and have almost 7star hmf. Honestly I'm happy that, couse finally rebel ship back to game. I'm really boring fight with all top chimera and ht. Every game is coin fleep couse all chimera has almost same speed. I'm boring fu tie silencer who's missing all the time. And I dont use ghost. Cassian is 8 gear and work well.

I don’t believe you.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • It can lose there is a guy in my fleet that specializes on bosk with the extra battles he has got by sitting at 2 he has beat it.

With influx on new players I no longer get that luxury because my battles include beating every player moving up to prevent excessive drops but it’s a team effort to getting job done.
    Ur not going to be able to beat a whale continuously making changes unless u get to practice for each one. I used to invest 4 fights if I had to for every changing meta each day. But with team work and eliminating players sniping and causing wasted fights and drops u can get it done.
  • Well give it some time. After it's been out a while ot millennium falcon will be reworked and powered down like any good toon or ship in this game.
  • Xx1xx2xx2 wrote: »

I don’t believe you.

Well then there’s nothing more to be said because no matter what people say you’re just going to write it off as a lie unless it conforms to your preconceived bias.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The only pay2win thing that still annoys me 2 months later was Revan. If you go back and see when the Old Republic toons were all added to hard nodes.....it wasn’t even a full 2 weeks before ea/cg announced OR would be needed for Revan. That was the most blatant cash grab I have ever seen in over 3 years of playing this game. And for the very few that didn’t need money...they used the thousands upon thousands of crystal they had stocked up on.

The **** can also be considered a cash grab if you plan on getting it 7* because like the Revan event....they didn’t give the players enough time to farm what was needed before making the event go live.

If your like me and are perfectly fine settling for a 5* ****....then it isn’t really a cash grab and if you do need to spend some money it won’t be much. I’m perfectly fine spending a small amount cause I like playing this game....but having to drop a couple of hundred dollars for a toon cause ea/cg thought it was a good idea to not give the community longer than 2 weeks to farm 5 toons to 7* is outright wrong and greedy.

If they ever do that again....as much as I like this game and spent money in the past...will disgust me enough to delete the game and walk away for good.

The worst cash grab was the release of the Resistance Millennium Falcon that required you to buy the Fleet Mega Pack for 2,499 crystals for a chance of obtaining blueprints for it.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    The only pay2win thing that still annoys me 2 months later was Revan. If you go back and see when the Old Republic toons were all added to hard nodes.....it wasn’t even a full 2 weeks before ea/cg announced OR would be needed for Revan. That was the most blatant cash grab I have ever seen in over 3 years of playing this game. And for the very few that didn’t need money...they used the thousands upon thousands of crystal they had stocked up on.

The **** can also be considered a cash grab if you plan on getting it 7* because like the Revan event....they didn’t give the players enough time to farm what was needed before making the event go live.

If your like me and are perfectly fine settling for a 5* ****....then it isn’t really a cash grab and if you do need to spend some money it won’t be much. I’m perfectly fine spending a small amount cause I like playing this game....but having to drop a couple of hundred dollars for a toon cause ea/cg thought it was a good idea to not give the community longer than 2 weeks to farm 5 toons to 7* is outright wrong and greedy.

If they ever do that again....as much as I like this game and spent money in the past...will disgust me enough to delete the game and walk away for good.

The worst cash grab was the release of the Resistance Millennium Falcon that required you to buy the Fleet Mega Pack for 2,499 crystals for a chance of obtaining blueprints for it.

So how come I've got it at 7* without buying any packs?
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    You released *SOMETHING* that literally can't lose on defense unless by itself. Why? This power creep is making the game uninteresting, there's no balancing. You made us farm XX for months only to make it useless right after.

Changed your quote, because it literally encompasses the general problem.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    The only pay2win thing that still annoys me 2 months later was Revan. If you go back and see when the Old Republic toons were all added to hard nodes.....it wasn’t even a full 2 weeks before ea/cg announced OR would be needed for Revan. That was the most blatant cash grab I have ever seen in over 3 years of playing this game. And for the very few that didn’t need money...they used the thousands upon thousands of crystal they had stocked up on.

Because you got it after it became farmable. It was only available from those packs for several months.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

Because you got it after it became farmable. It was only available from those packs for several months.

Because I'm patient. Got it.

• TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    The Falcon isn’t pay to win though, the required ships have been available long enough to have farmed to at least 5 Star by anyone who has access to the nodes.

I got a late start myself, but only have 27 shards (2 or 3 days) to go between XB and 2000. Yes, I have chewed through about 500 crystals of my small stash (it was still recovering from Bounty Hunter and Ewok Gear grabs) plus all my daily crystal income on refreshes.

I do my dailies every day, maintain usually a top 50 or top 100 finish in arena, and just working into the top 100 on fleet (so not making any crystals there) and will very easily possess a 5 Star Falcon before the event ends without spending any money.

The ship has only been in the game a couple days, counter fleets will be developed - and the Hounds Tooth is far from useless even so, and very certain nobody made anyone farm it (I certainly didn’t get around to it until after I finished my Revan farms, still only 5 Star.), if anything, this is (hopefully) finally the start of diversity within the fleet shards.

We may actually see that Rebel falcon teams beat hounds tooth, hounds tooth beat empire/Sith, but empire/Sith beat rebel Falcons (only an example there!) for at least a paper/rock/scissors meta. In my book I t’d certainly be a welcome change from the nearly continuous mirror matches that fleets have been at virtually since launch...

People need to stop using this argument. Just because the required ships have been farmable for a few weeks it doesn't mean should all stop all of our other grind farms to farm them just in case. The falcon wasn't announced when those ships became farmable

But it’s not an argument. It is a fact. You literally titled the conversation as ‘I don’t get the whole p2w situation...’

I explained that it wasn’t. (I personally chose to finish my Revan and Bossk farms while continuing my HT farm, only throwing a bit of speculation energy at XB and 2000 when the puzzle came out, had them both about half way to four stars when Falcon unlock requirements were officially announced, so it has cost me several hundred crystals and ground my other farms to a halt for several days - except 3 DS nodes for daily activities - while I bring them up to 5 stars for a Falcon unlock, I am now 57/65 on XB and 60/65 on IG-2000, and my crystal stockpile is 650 crystals lower than when I started 8 days ago.) No, not everybody was or is in a situation where it made sense to immediately speculation farm the new bounty hunter ships (though as others have mentioned, there were plenty of clues pointing that way, as well as past examples), but that is a choice. If you didn’t start on them early, it will cost you either money or stockpiled crystals to unlock. The cost is even higher if you want it 7* this go around. But if you are any kind of crystal hoarder, or you correctly read the proverbial ‘writing on the wall’ to start the farm early, there was certainly no need to spend money to get a 5* Falcon in your inventory, thus it is not p2w.

Oh please, it is P2W and just because you won the lottery gambling with crystals doesn’t mean everyone did. I, for one, cannot wait until a few jurisdictions rule loot boxes gambling. Then we’ll get simple P2W, as in its $50 for a 7* character, $25 for skills, et al. (Numbers made up of course) People will be able to click on a couple buttons and the meta-of-the-month will be available instantly. No more having to wait because you didn’t want to blow money on a character initially.

I figure this will solve a lot of problems as well. People will still whine, but that’s normal.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Thraxus wrote: »
    The Falcon isn’t pay to win though, the required ships have been available long enough to have farmed to at least 5 Star by anyone who has access to the nodes.

I got a late start myself, but only have 27 shards (2 or 3 days) to go between XB and 2000. Yes, I have chewed through about 500 crystals of my small stash (it was still recovering from Bounty Hunter and Ewok Gear grabs) plus all my daily crystal income on refreshes.

I do my dailies every day, maintain usually a top 50 or top 100 finish in arena, and just working into the top 100 on fleet (so not making any crystals there) and will very easily possess a 5 Star Falcon before the event ends without spending any money.

The ship has only been in the game a couple days, counter fleets will be developed - and the Hounds Tooth is far from useless even so, and very certain nobody made anyone farm it (I certainly didn’t get around to it until after I finished my Revan farms, still only 5 Star.), if anything, this is (hopefully) finally the start of diversity within the fleet shards.

We may actually see that Rebel falcon teams beat hounds tooth, hounds tooth beat empire/Sith, but empire/Sith beat rebel Falcons (only an example there!) for at least a paper/rock/scissors meta. In my book I t’d certainly be a welcome change from the nearly continuous mirror matches that fleets have been at virtually since launch...

People need to stop using this argument. Just because the required ships have been farmable for a few weeks it doesn't mean should all stop all of our other grind farms to farm them just in case. The falcon wasn't announced when those ships became farmable

But it’s not an argument. It is a fact. You literally titled the conversation as ‘I don’t get the whole p2w situation...’

I explained that it wasn’t. (I personally chose to finish my Revan and Bossk farms while continuing my HT farm, only throwing a bit of speculation energy at XB and 2000 when the puzzle came out, had them both about half way to four stars when Falcon unlock requirements were officially announced, so it has cost me several hundred crystals and ground my other farms to a halt for several days - except 3 DS nodes for daily activities - while I bring them up to 5 stars for a Falcon unlock, I am now 57/65 on XB and 60/65 on IG-2000, and my crystal stockpile is 650 crystals lower than when I started 8 days ago.) No, not everybody was or is in a situation where it made sense to immediately speculation farm the new bounty hunter ships (though as others have mentioned, there were plenty of clues pointing that way, as well as past examples), but that is a choice. If you didn’t start on them early, it will cost you either money or stockpiled crystals to unlock. The cost is even higher if you want it 7* this go around. But if you are any kind of crystal hoarder, or you correctly read the proverbial ‘writing on the wall’ to start the farm early, there was certainly no need to spend money to get a 5* Falcon in your inventory, thus it is not p2w.

Oh please, it is P2W and just because you won the lottery gambling with crystals doesn’t mean everyone did. I, for one, cannot wait until a few jurisdictions rule loot boxes gambling. Then we’ll get simple P2W, as in its $50 for a 7* character, $25 for skills, et al. (Numbers made up of course) People will be able to click on a couple buttons and the meta-of-the-month will be available instantly. No more having to wait because you didn’t want to blow money on a character initially.

I figure this will solve a lot of problems as well. People will still whine, but that’s normal.

Not looking too likely loot boxes will banned I'm afraid....especially not in the U.S.
    Nothing and nobody is unbeatable.

Are CG using power-creep to make money? Absolutely! That's the whole point of the game, obviously. It's not a charity.

But...nothing and nobody is unbeatable.

If the RNG is fair keep hitting auto, law of averages says you will win eventually lol
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    For the record, nothing in this game is p2w. Revan, C3PO, new Falcon - all awesome but don't guarantee victory. Bad mods, poor strategy can doom these "p2w".

True p2w is like paying $10000 for the Death Star and using it to camp out in 1st place in Fleet Arena. Death Star stats make it immune to stuns/buff immunity/heal immunity, can't lose buffs and capable of instakilling Capital ships and all undeployed reinforcements. That is p2w.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

Because I'm patient. Got it.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. When the ship was first released there was no farmable cadence release schedule of any kind. If you wanted the ship you had to buy the packs, not unlike in the early days if you wanted Rex you had to pay crystals for him.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Ship balance is fragile because there is so few of them, once we get a solid base of "new generation" ships, there will be several possible lineups close in power like in the character arena. Of course, there will always be one that is the best at the moment, but that is just the nature of the game.
    And considering power creep, I think they are handling it quite well, actually. Of course they need it to keep the cash flow, but they are keeping at least some old characters relevant with reworks and faction synergies. It's not like the newest faction always breaks the arena...

This is the main problem, ship talent pool is still relatively thin, like only 4 capital ship options. As the pool expands it provides options.
    Also the nature of ships since you need both the crew and ship makes it hard to adjust quickly.

One thing I'd like is a ship event with more depth, a raid would be nice or some sort of assault battle, but with the current ship structure hard to make one to last More then a couple minutes.
This discussion has been closed.