Ship Arena dodging increase?

124Next

Replies

• Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Breach with Hound's Tooth is now flagged as a bug, as it appears to reduce the Breached ship's accuracy, not evasion. If that ship's accuracy is reduced by 25%, that would increase the chance the target has to dodge.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Breach-lowers-accuracy-not-evasion/m-p/7016499#M17344

@Whatelse73

Yeah, got it. Breached ships aren't the only ones "dodging".

Case in point: I just started another match and before HT could even attack, I did an attack on HT and he dodged. No breaches, no debuffs, no buffs, nothing. Just plain dodged. And then, Sun Fac dodged. (No breach on the attacker, no breach on Sun Fac, no breach on the adjacent ships, etc.)

I guess it was just more important to bring out a stupidly overpowered falcon to make us buy a pack for BH ships than to fix a bug that's been present on a ship for 5 months? :tongue:
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Oh, so that explains that I have been seeing lately, I was wondering why someone whose never been in first suddenly appeared in first, HT shenanigans! Hit him up and his HT dodged every single time my breached TFP attacked it. I was thinking that 2% dodge chance was really working hard.

So breached ships just can't hit HT, got it, should make beating him easier now that I know its all bugged.

Edit: or rather, Breached ships just won't hit anything in general? lol great, breach is op.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Breached ships still land attacks just fine
  • CG’s always on vacation, which is why they will only cater to those whales dishing out thousands to pay their staff, instead of actually keeping the game fun. You would think they learned their lessons on the other failed marvel game and learn a lesson. I guess that’s what we should expect, subpar project management, R&D, and overall management decision making. Maybe they should stop visiting “Tapas the World” and walk back across the street and actually find a way to make the game better. Fleet is absolutely screwed. I’ve been invested in this game for over two years, but time is likely coming to an end soon. If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it.. I should take a quick 10 minute drive and talk to thier senior staff downtown Sacramento.
  • Oh yeah, at least twice a battle everyday tie fighter dodges while breached. Often twice in a row. It doesn’t even feel like 25% of the time, let alone 2% 7s2933qkpsu2.png
    sus4qk23la8m.png
    vnhsx7clapvk.png
  • Glad I found this thread.

I recently had one run of 3 sequential attacks at end of one battle, and another first one at start of next all be dodged by a hounds tooth; a supposed 1 in 6,250,000 chance for it to dodge that many times at 2% dodge rate.

Enemy hounds tooth have repeatedly been dodging way more than 2% for me and it has been doing my flippin head in trying to find a unique from an ally or capital ship that was doing it that I was missing.

Bug all along. Thank you to those who worked this out and persevered.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Breach with Hound's Tooth is now flagged as a bug, as it appears to reduce the Breached ship's accuracy, not evasion. If that ship's accuracy is reduced by 25%, that would increase the chance the target has to dodge.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Breach-lowers-accuracy-not-evasion/m-p/7016499#M17344

@Whatelse73

Yeah, got it. Breached ships aren't the only ones "dodging".

Case in point: I just started another match and before HT could even attack, I did an attack on HT and he dodged. No breaches, no debuffs, no buffs, nothing. Just plain dodged. And then, Sun Fac dodged. (No breach on the attacker, no breach on Sun Fac, no breach on the adjacent ships, etc.)

I guess it was just more important to bring out a stupidly overpowered falcon to make us buy a pack for BH ships than to fix a bug that's been present on a ship for 5 months? :tongue:
    I actually suspect there is an accuracy bug, I've noticed some characters that miss more than other characters than they usually should (FOX tends to miss a lot on his special to the point some people on the FO server are using / suggested accuracy arrow on him). Just shrugged it off.

I have no hard evidence for my claims so eh, but I think the dodge rate on certain attacks / characters is off myself