Ot falcon way overpowered

13Next

Replies

• Pile wrote: »
    Absolutely. All the Falcon does is make the HT less effective on defense. Fleet arena is headed the same direction as squad arena...nothing is going to hold on defense.

Good. That creates a healthy rotation for the top spots and everyone has a chance to get better rewards. All without having to befriend their competitors outside the game via data-mining third party chat apps.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ...Logically, getting "stronger" by being hit repeatedly, even whilst stunned, makes no sense (unless you are the Hulk)...
    I so wish there was a Marvel version of swgoh.
    Keep the game exactly the same, just replace all the Star Wars characters by Marvel ones, remove Ships and change the name.

• Calx
    112 posts Member
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    It's the first Legendary non-capital ship in the game, of course it's powerful. Did you really expect different?

He didn't say he didn't expect it. He's just arguing that it shouldn't be that powerful

Why should the most iconic ship in Star Wars lore that people have wanted since the day ships was announced not be that powerful? You have to build a rebel fleet around it to unlock it's full potential, so it's not a plug and play ship like Hound's Tooth was in it's prime meaning you could argue it's not powerful enough. It's like Darth Traya in her prime, unless you were using her with the Triumvirate she was just another good character.

Because this "iconic" ship already exists in the game... twice.

It would be more iconic if the first one didn't need rey (lol) and then the 2nd one look disfigured and require young solo movie that many didn't see.

We finally get the real Falcon but it does feel less iconic being the third one, even if its the only real one. But man, they really made it op. Like super op. it can be strong and not op, but CG wanted em cashies.

You're telling me Jedi Luke won't be iconic then?

The Falcon was far from a cash grab. If you wanted it then you farmed the Bounty Hunter ships the second they became farmable. You pick and choose what you want in this game.

So you knew when bh ships became available that they were going to be used for an unannounced ot falcon. Wow what are next weeks lotto numbers.

Next week's lotto numbers are: "you should farm Bastila Shan (Fallen) and Canderous Ordo. Today. Right now. Gogogo."
  • Is Poe's daze on his basic (on TL ships) bugged?

Should it prevent counter attacks? How about when it is first applied on say a reinforcing Boba's ship ?

Should daze on ships also prevent them from being called for an assist?

Because I was fighting a Ackbar/MliF fleet and I got daze on Biggs and I swear he then later assisted while still having daze on his ship!
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ...Logically, getting "stronger" by being hit repeatedly, even whilst stunned, makes no sense (unless you are the Hulk)...
    Keep the game exactly the same, just replace all the Star Wars characters by Marvel ones, remove Ships and change the name.

That's basically what Marvel Strike Force is. Though I tried it and it just didn't grab me for whatever reason.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

That's basically what Marvel Strike Force is. Though I tried it and it just didn't grab me for whatever reason.

What makes this game special is the leader abilities and the factions. I've tried the Marvel and DC versions but there's little to no team building strategy.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I tried it too and didn't like it (and I was an M:AA player).

I did mean an exact copy though, not something similar. ;)
    What makes this game special is the leader abilities and the factions.
    Good point.

• Pile wrote: »
    Absolutely. All the Falcon does is make the HT less effective on defense. Fleet arena is headed the same direction as squad arena...nothing is going to hold on defense.

Good. That creates a healthy rotation for the top spots and everyone has a chance to get better rewards. All without having to befriend their competitors outside the game via data-mining third party chat apps.

That is one of the most euphemistic descriptions of chaos I read in the last couple of months. Very close to "No-deal Brexit provides many opportunities". Many people just hit the "battle button" and do not bother to figure out who climbs when. They seem to be incapable to understand that their behaviour actually deprives us of the optimal rewards. And CG like chaos and mindless spending. They live off of this.
  • It did the Kessel Run in 12 parsed.... that is all.
  • Does it have good rebel synergy? Wouldn't see why from canon. Was usually fairly independent
  • Does it have good rebel synergy? Wouldn't see why from canon. Was usually fairly independent

Han Solo was a General of the Rebel Forces.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    HT does what Nest does but even worse
    -Taunt; Unlike Nest you can't ignore him
    -Tank that doesn't die and gains TM if you ignore him so he can retaunt
    -Taunt reapplies if you dispel it or if it expires
    -Counters by healing or buff immunitiy? No problem, basic dispels all debuffs on him
    -Regenerates health AND protection on basic

I'm running a 7 star Hounds Tooth, but even I know how cheap this ship is

His taunt is easily dispelled if there's no breach in play. And his cooldown on his special + his low speed means that if you dispel it you've got a turn or two before he can re-apply. (yes I know he gets tm when allies are hit).

HT isn't some mythic beast that needs divine intervention to beat - it was killable before HMF, and with HMF it dies as easily as Biggs.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • munr1zfx34oc.png
    6s7g0uzyzqhn.png
    vbdq0188b1x1.png
    wlgjubcbh8y5.png
    zsp3rlyba9ei.png

Guess what all those guys are running...

I don’t need to say more. And I don’t need the CG goons explain to me that I just didn’t find the right strategy yet or haven’t built out my fleet brought. Because that just translates into: you have not spent enough money yet.

It’s just bad game design...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    r07uncdhrz5u.jpg

The diversity is AWESOME!!!1! Some of them even have the ships in different places in the picture. WOW!!

Now, let's compare that incredible fleet diversity (what I refer to as the "Rock, Rock or Rock?" fleet meta) to what actual "Rock, Paper, Scissors" diversity actually looks like:

9ll42g3xs144.jpg

Please note: you can tell by the times on both, that these were taken just now, 2 minutes apart. This is not some "cherry picked" sample. And then CG (and apparently some of the posters here) wonder why people can be bothered with fleet 2.zero.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    The falcon is about as free of a legendary as it gets and goes quite nicely with rebel ships that most people should have had maxed for a long time so dont quite see what the gripe is here. I take 1st in fleet every day and sometimes I still use the bh breach fleet and have no trouble beating falcon teams. It's just you wont hold on defense at all with those other fleets now but dont tell me you cant beat the falcon with them
  • Kokie wrote: »
    The falcon is about as free of a legendary as it gets and goes quite nicely with rebel ships that most people should have had maxed for a long time so dont quite see what the gripe is here. I take 1st in fleet every day and sometimes I still use the bh breach fleet and have no trouble beating falcon teams. It's just you wont hold on defense at all with those other fleets now but dont tell me you cant beat the falcon with them

Is the BH team the only one youve used to beat falcon? My shard is currently 49 of top 50 falcon squads. And I cant beat any of them. 58 is where I am stuck.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    r07uncdhrz5u.jpg

The diversity is AWESOME!!!1! Some of them even have the ships in different places in the picture. WOW!!

Now, let's compare that incredible fleet diversity (what I refer to as the "Rock, Rock or Rock?" fleet meta) to what actual "Rock, Paper, Scissors" diversity actually looks like:

9ll42g3xs144.jpg

Please note: you can tell by the times on both, that these were taken just now, 2 minutes apart. This is not some "cherry picked" sample. And then CG (and apparently some of the posters here) wonder why people can be bothered with fleet 2.zero.

I want to be in a shard where an unzetad 4 star black bastilla can hold on the top 30 haha.

But youre right. Its deffinitely rock rock rock. 49 of 50 in my shard are that very lineup. 1 is still thrawn lead, but he'll be gone by end of the weekend
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »

Is the BH team the only one youve used to beat falcon? My shard is currently 49 of top 50 falcon squads. And I cant beat any of them. 58 is where I am stuck.

BH is the only other team I use besides mirror matches and cassian as a reinforcement is still critical for BH to take out **** post haste. I'm sure others use different fleets as well but I haven't had the time or need to experiment
  • Falcon and Revan, game breakers...
  • Anyone else noticing the **** assists, and then that assist calls another rebel to assist? So you get hit three times each time someone attacks. And when Biggs does his special 2, you get hit up to four times? Once for Biggs. Once for his assist, once for **** assist (if **** was not the assist for Biggs), and then once for Rebel assist to ****.

That is why **** is overpowered. The dodge is fine. But the double triple assist is ****. That is why Ackbar has the top 25 slots in the Arena.
  • Apparently the forum filters my Millenium Falcon abbreviation as something else. So the references are to MilFal assists. Not a curse word.

Well, the last one was a curse word. MilFal assists are bullshirt.
  • JustMeAlex wrote: »
    Anyone else noticing the **** assists, and then that assist calls another rebel to assist? So you get hit three times each time someone attacks. And when Biggs does his special 2, you get hit up to four times? Once for Biggs. Once for his assist, once for **** assist (if **** was not the assist for Biggs), and then once for Rebel assist to ****.

That is why **** is overpowered. The dodge is fine. But the double triple assist is ****. That is why Ackbar has the top 25 slots in the Arena.

Yes, thats why its meta. It is the best team currently. So what?
    HT itself also dominated arena for a while.
    Biggs tfp vader was also dominant for god knows how many months.

Get it or accept that youll rank after them.
  • Sorry to all you guys defending the falcon, saying it not OP, lol. You fanboys are all the same. That one team is dominating fleet and is almost impossible to beat, unless you’re fighting **** team with **** team. Ever since the ships update that scaled down to 3 ships came out the arena had been very diverse. Lots of teams rotating out of top spots. Now it’s all **** teams. Defend all you want but the OT falcon is way too op with a home one lead, all there is to it. Getting attacked 6/7 times in one turn is too much. It’s dumb.
  • **** shoulda said M-I-L-F
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Lichbane wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Lichbane wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Pretty safe to say the new falcon just broke the game. Looks like i wont make top twenty for six months. One more reason to quit playing

If 1 ship can so easily keep you out if the top 20, maybe you need to look at how you are developing in the game, and maybe ask for help. Doing that before claiming the "new thing" is broken would probably be more helpful.

Unless the new thing is so OP that not having it prevents you from getting in the top 20. Most of my fleet is well developed, but one guy with this ship maxed out prevents me from no1 spot. Various combinations against it and all get flattened.

So, please, how do I beat it without having it? It’s OP, even more so that HT was. Alongside each other it’s near unbeatable. I know most of the top 20 fleet players and roughly know their payout times. No one has taken no1 spot today. I doubt anyone will for quite some time to come.

Top 20 is different than 1st.

It's not unbeatable, you just dont have a team developed to do so, there is a difference.

Here are some examples from my shard.
    These 3 were not in the top 20 when I went to bed.
    p3rutf4ju4f6.jpg
    9pbvgd0ynvb9.jpg
    6ls0mvl9kgnb.jpg
    It is possible, and people are doing it.

If someone has been able to develop a team you cant beat, dont they deserve 1st?

Developing a team, sure. Deploying the latest OP item, no. It’s not just me, it’s everyone. I haven’t seen the one other guy with **** Falcon yet as his payout is in the early morning, about 8 hours from now. Chances are no1 spot will just end up being shared by those two. Not through ‘developing a fleet’ but by having the latest OP maxed out item.

Unless you mean ‘d$v$loping a fleet’, in which case sure. It’s nice of CG to mess up ships as badly as they have the main arena, just a shame they couldn’t leave ships alone.

Edit: apparently you can’t write em ef even though it’s the abbreviation of the ship. High five CG!

Maybe you should just quit. It looks like you hate the game, and you’re not very good at strategizing apparently, so maybe the best option is for you to focus harder or quit. Just a suggestion.