The Next Territory Wars (1/17/19) [MEGA]

Replies

• Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I liked the bans. Yes, I said it! @CG_SBCrumb
    It made things interesting for us players with deep rosters, and avoided us having to deal with more OP toons/ships in TW (which makes things harder on your guild officers).

Buffs are okay too, but not buffs that go away after 1 TW (never get to really use them properly then, as first TW ends up being a learning one). And not OP buffs that break all strategy your guild has for regular TWar (more work for the guild again).
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    How about just leaving TW alone, without stupid experiments?

Stay calm. Repeat after me..."WE are the beta-testers....WE are the beta-testers..WE are the beta-testers."

Good. Now beathe....breathe...

What beta? I am not a tester, and I want a full game as a customer, who spent already around 400 euros on a character, which is banned

Wait...treated like a customer? Who receives timely communication? Whose opinions matter? Whose game experience and enjoyment are important? Whose investments, be it monetary or time are respected and useful??

Lolololol. You must be new here. This is the forums for "Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes". You must have taken a wrong turn or something. :D

I don't get what you are saying. Do you mean I should be happy, when EA cheats me? Well, I'm not. Are you?

Sar-chasm: the gulf between the sarcastic remark and the person who didn’t get it
  • I was fine with the format of the last TW and with this one. I like them changing up the format to keep things fresh and bring new strategies into play. However, if the format is going to change every time, then I think the rewards need to be upped as this is going to be a much more time-consuming event in terms of strategizing, guild communications and coordination, and our GEC progression is also going to be limited over time if we have TWs with a little less frequency due to GA.
  • This was garbage. Were forced to farm toons and teams for every event that comes up and you reward those farms by putting bans on characters when competing with other players?? Way to find a way to ruin another aspect of player competition. Focus on ways to keep the whales spending money. Don't ruin modes that didn't need modification.
  • Suprème_Lèader_Tsao
    122 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    If I kept calling the characters I spent money for in this game “an investment,” my wife would say that I’m being unbelievably absurd and lacking in perspective. She is great.
  • 6min … I'm stoked :)
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • 8m in. So
  • This was garbage. Were forced to farm toons and teams for every event that comes up and you reward those farms by putting bans on characters when competing with other players?? Way to find a way to ruin another aspect of player competition. Focus on ways to keep the whales spending money. Don't ruin modes that didn't need modification.

The bans were last TW....a little late to the party, lol.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    TB > GA > TW ...mic drop

Risk(work) vs Reward in TW is way off. For all the planning etc, the reward of tokens is a joke. My opinion. Your mileage may vary.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Well... I tried to fight a serious clone squad (g12 toons, some zetas but weak to very weak gears) and my bounty hunter team got stomped. My BH squad 7 starred the chewie event without sweating too much, it had an obvious speed advantage yet, even after Bossk’s team attack, Boba’s execute and a Greedo on fire I couldn’t remove all of Cody’s protection... Yes, the same Cody that is so weak he drops when someone sneezes in the opposite team...

I’m all for team bonuses but CG should have scaled the bonuses to the levels we had with First Order and Resistance teams, something good enough to reward those that put some time and resources into those B-teams yet something manageable. The bonuses for this TW are just insanely OP. I don’t think it’s good for the event. Oh well...
  • I wouldn't mind if these special tw events would be put on the shelf and they would fix the match up system. Just dumb.
  • I ain't playing. They messed it up. I can't support it.
  • I agree with other players about the bans. It’s a stupid idea and whoever decided that would be cool should be demoted. I like the bonuses certain factions get but don’t penalize players for progressing their rosters. I’m not on these forums much but I never seen anyone vote for bans on characters for TW.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    I’m all for team bonuses but CG should have scaled the bonuses to the levels we had with First Order and Resistance teams, something good enough to reward those that put some time and resources into those B-teams yet something manageable. The bonuses for this TW are just insanely OP. I don’t think it’s good for the event. Oh well...

Yeah.

I think our opponent didn't even know about these boni. No ingame notification whatsoever. If I'm right, they are just in panic mode right now, getting stucked behind our Clone and Imp troopers.

That's also a problem imho. Even if we benefit, I would be really angry if I were them.
    All these changes and no notification ingame.
  • @CG_SBCrumb

I have a question about the jawa buffs. Are they supposed to get endless assists until a character is dead when they stun? I just want to know if that is WAI.

Because that is what is happening. When one jawa stuns the rest of them get endless attacks until the stunned character is dead.

Again not complaining just want to make sure thatbis what is supposed to happen.
  • TB > GA > TW ...mic drop

Risk(work) vs Reward in TW is way off. For all the planning etc, the reward of tokens is a joke. My opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Yeah, that’s true. On a lot of levels, it doesn’t matter to me why they do with TW because the rewards aren’t in line with the effort. That’s been a problem for a while.
  • So endless ranks can’t be removed? Where does it say that @CG_SBCrumb ?
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048
  • Dnoff423 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

I have a question about the jawa buffs. Are they supposed to get endless assists until a character is dead when they stun? I just want to know if that is WAI.

Because that is what is happening. When one jawa stuns the rest of them get endless attacks until the stunned character is dead.

Again not complaining just want to make sure thatbis what is supposed to happen.

Actually they go regardless of stuns or anything, and never stop until the target is dead. I lost a full team without even being able to quit because they never stop and assist regardless of skill used. When i went again i managed to take them down, but even when one of them alone was standing, he went 6-8 times in a row for absolutely no reason.
    I already hated those buffs on principle, but not only are they ridiculous, they are not even wai and just turned this tw into a clown fight anything but legit.
  • *sigh* I enjoyed the buffs before, but these? Too much. Single toon, sure, but having 4 full squads of OP toons is nuts.

I just don't get the dev's thought process: they like buffs, ok let's ban toons.... nope that didn't work let's go back to buffs and make normally useless toons complete gods!
  • Oktavian77
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    The bonuses are op!!! Free tip..strong ewoks team could be taken only with cls solo team!!!
  • Liklik113 wrote: »
    The First Order bonuses are only for ships right?

yes.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Oktavian77 wrote: »
    The bonuses are op!!! Free tip..strong ewoks team could be taken only with cls solo team!!!
    Haven't went up against any yet but I can think of some other counters too
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Oktavian77 wrote: »
    Haven't went up against any yet but I can think of some other counters too

And jedi team bastilla lead...
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Minired wrote: »
    TW is going to be fun again

The Ban only helped new players , so once a year a ban will be okay lol

The ban really hurt new players..... Phoenix is the typical first farm for a noob, and Hera was banned, leaving them without a leader.....

Hera wasn’t banned. However, other beginning squads like FO, Nightsisters, and Bounty Hunters were crippled by the bans.

The ban hurt everyone. It was a terrible idea. But people need to stop making claims about toons that were missing or factions being crippled that weren't.

Hera was available.

First order was not crippled, both leads were available. kru led teams worked just as well on defence as usual, in fact i'd state they worked better as there were fewer toons with heal immunity available (eg, ig88, anakin) to counter him.

Bounty hunters weren't crippled. They all have leads. Both boba and bossk were still available. Plenty of hunters to still fill the ranks.

Nightsisters were hindered. The only faction truly rendered obsolete were droids, loosing their only two leads of any value in hk47 and ig88.

I get that a new player could find their effective teams diminished but so too did your opponents and across 50 v 50 guilds there would not have been any match up that was any more of a mismatch than is seen in usual TWs. In fact, I'd strongly argue we saw better match ups between guilds; there were zero complaints of mismatches in the matchup thread for the "community" TW. Terrible idea and awful experience, yes. Unfair, no.

But, none of this matters. Its a terrible idea and its over. And although they have not excluded the idea I really doubt we'll ever see this return. They just won't say that though as that is admitting it was a terrible idea.
  • I enjoy the changes you make to TW but when a 100k teams gets owed by a 60k to 70k teams because of OP buffs it takes all the fun out of an event that I enjoy. Thanks
  • This style of tw is much better. Giving opportunity to use dusty old characters is alot more fun.
  • Anyone else noticing some glitchy stuff with the buffed teams? Like Jawas going and getting assists even without a stunned target? Imp Troopers reviving even when they've run out of Endless ranks? Have a couple people in my guild talking about strange occurrences in TW so just figured I'd ask.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Anyone else noticing some glitchy stuff with the buffed teams? Like Jawas going and getting assists even without a stunned target? Imp Troopers reviving even when they've run out of Endless ranks? Have a couple people in my guild talking about strange occurrences in TW so just figured I'd ask.

Knowing CG's tendancy for bugs,that doesn't surprise me at all
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Anyone else noticing some glitchy stuff with the buffed teams? Like Jawas going and getting assists even without a stunned target? Imp Troopers reviving even when they've run out of Endless ranks? Have a couple people in my guild talking about strange occurrences in TW so just figured I'd ask.
    I've experienced and seen videos on Jawa assisting on non-stunned targets too. Haven't seen or experienced the troopers reviving without the Endless ranks buff however
This discussion has been closed.