The Next Territory Wars (1/17/19) [MEGA]

Replies

• This was a very bad idea! OP 60k teams destroying my best 100k teams.. I didn't even have a chance. You destroyed the fun of playing tw
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    3. Are you aware that the Ewoks could easily get stuck in an infinite loop of offense?

They are really going to be murder bears now! You need to throw a wrench in their plans before they hit a critical mass

There's no buildup. They immediately have an infinite loop. I've fought c3p0 loop teams that were less cheesy, cuz things can go wrong with the cycle. On offense, teebo grants 100% tm also, so infinite loop there also. I'm glad you guys went with buffs this time, but maybe try not to cause infinite loops...
  • I would be surprised if anyone complaining about the bonuses had put their efforts into an Ewok team to get C3PO.

As if CG isn't really giving us clues into what's coming. December was an entire month of resources indicating "up a BH team!" If you were like me and didn't, now you are upping BH's instead of upping the BH ships.
  • Neberhid wrote: »
    This was a very bad idea! OP 60k teams destroying my best 100k teams.. I didn't even have a chance. You destroyed the fun of playing tw

GP has always been a bad proxy for team quality. Synergy matters at least 40% more. And that makes complete sense. Shouldn't team synergy give a 40% boost to team quality? So there you go. A synergistic Ewok team of 60K can take a poor synergy 100k team. It makes sense.
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    65kish clone team with 21 wins against my guild. lol
    Post edited by Robert on
  • What would be the better Clone Trooper leader for this territory War Cody or Rex considering the bonuses
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    fader wrote: »
    What would be the better Clone Trooper leader for this territory War Cody or Rex considering the bonuses

Rex, always.
    I would be surprised if anyone complaining about the bonuses had put their efforts into an Ewok team to get C3PO..

I killed a pretty mid level ewok crew with palp, but it was the looping that ppl seem to be stuck on.
    I tried a barely geared zeta'd wok team with full zeta'd g12s and got destroyed cuz my 275 speed toons couldn't get a turn in.
    Same issue with jawas, unmodded 60k jawas with no potency can infinite assist from first turn, and destroy meta teams.
  • I for one did like the banning of characters. Even though some of my maxed out toons were banned, I had to find ways to make killer squads.

For example I was bummed that Han Solo was banned. It really hurt my rebel team which I think is really fun to use. But someone in my guild told my to try a Qi'ra lead, L337, zzChewy, zVandor, g10 Zalbaar. I was kind of bumbed at the moment of setting it on defense. 6 battles in, my team was badly hurt and low on protection and health. Battle 7, and everyone got healthier. Battle 9 left L337 at no protection and 1/2 hp. Battle 10 everyone was max hp and about 95% protection average. Battle 11 as of right now, Zalbaar is holding on to a sliver of protection with full hp. And they are still going strong.

Why show this off? Well everyone needs to get out of their narrow minded habit and explore a bit. Change can be very difficult to accept when you worked so hard to achieve a goal for a time set before the change. I thank my guild for making me think out side of the box and be more open minded.

CG_SBCrumb did a fine job of changing up the unit composition in TW this time. Maybe make it less negative for the community. I would suggest adding a part where for each character in your guild banned you gain 1 point for each gear level that it had. Or letting it only be used on defense or offense or can't gain point but can still be used since it is on the banned list.

@CG_SBCrumb I won't say, I enjoyed the old times where Knights roamed the galaxy, because they would clobber my face. I would say, I enjoyed the simpler times where Han Solo did not shoot first. Where hidden purple lake monsters didn't solo my team. When my tanky team would not vanish 1 by 1 and unable to revive. And lastly, not when I muster my last team to follow me into battle only to find myself alone. It's only when you lived in these forgotten times where you may gain an appreciation for bliss.

Cool story bro
  • Gannon wrote: »
    fader wrote: »
    What would be the better Clone Trooper leader for this territory War Cody or Rex considering the bonuses

Rex, always.
    I would be surprised if anyone complaining about the bonuses had put their efforts into an Ewok team to get C3PO..

I killed a pretty mid level ewok crew with palp, but it was the looping that ppl seem to be stuck on.
    I tried a barely geared zeta'd wok team with full zeta'd g12s and got destroyed cuz my 275 speed toons couldn't get a turn in.
    Same issue with jawas, unmodded 60k jawas with no potency can infinite assist from first turn, and destroy meta teams.

thank you I was thinking with these bonuses Cody's leadership might have been better
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Kol8Ajawa wrote: »
    @CG

This is not fun, what were you thinking? Previous buffs were ok I guess, this is just plain dumb. This is not my video, just a video shared by a guildie. But come on ****, I realize Jawas were buffed but this is beyond dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cGNIuZba10

..... bahahahahahahahahaha xD
  • We don’t want bans; we want buffs. We don’t want so many buffs; we want buffs we can beat. Behold, the pendulum swings. You either hold on, or you fall off.
  • Hey, great job on the new matching system. We just got matched with a guild 40 million gp higher than us with at least 2 maxed out Revan squads. We have 0 in our guild. So much better than before when we were most always matched with guild almost our exact same size.
    We can't beat heroic sith raid either, any chance we could get a guild with 10 or 12 Treya squads next war?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    We don’t want bans; we want buffs. We don’t want so many buffs; we want buffs we can beat. Behold, the pendulum swings. You either hold on, or you fall off.

Buffs we can beat? What does that even mean, you mean to say how dare we have balanced buffs that add a bit of fun and flair and mix TW up without ruining TW? How dare we have opinions and fun? its all the same people? What kind of weird argument is this?
  • This random team worked well against the murder bears o2r293frvqwc.jpg
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Buffs we can beat? What does that even mean, you mean to say how dare we have balanced buffs that add a bit of fun and flair and mix TW up without ruining TW? How dare we have opinions and fun? its all the same people? What kind of weird argument is this?

I mean only that the pendulum seems to have swung in a completely opposite direction—away from bans to unbelievable buffs. It seems like the developers are trying to zero in on what type of modifications work best to optimize TW and keep it from getting stale in much the same way an AI might do it.

I did NOT mean to suggest that things like infinite loops and other problems with extreme buffs shouldn’t be brought up and dealt with.

The idea is that the developers ideally want to have players hang on during the pendulum swings and not fall off. I apologize for being cryptic, but I felt like the post sounded more poetic that way.
  • But we all wanted this, we all needed this.. be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I really liked these bonuses tbh

Jawa's bonus is bugged but I had fun, Endless Ranks is not that hard to overcome and you can't beat any team by going in blind with these bonuses

The ewok bonus is too extreme because of Teebo and Ewok Elder and the only one I wasn't too happy with

First Order ships had a great bonus and its nice to see the devs are still thinking about First Order every now and then
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Bring back GA and give us the rewards from missed TW's. As is, TW is a real pain in the nether regions.
  • Suprème_Lèader_Tsao
    122 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Wait! I get it! Every time we played in TW, we earned “banners.” And then with all the “banners” we earned, they banned characters! It makes total sense, guys. We just didn’t interpret it as the right “banners.” If you don’t want them to ban characters, stop earning “banners.” It’s like the Electoral College or something. This is actually all of our faults, in retrospect. :D
  • Wait! I get it! Every time we played in TW, we earned “banners.” And then with all the “banners” we earned, they banned characters! It makes total sense, guys. We just didn’t interpret it as the right “banners.” If you don’t want them to ban characters, stop earning “banners.” It’s like the Electoral College or something. This is actually all of our faults, in retrospect. :D

It's as if millions cried out in anger, and where sumarily ignored..
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    But we all wanted this, we all needed this.. be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

I'm pretty sure no-one asked for infinite loops, whether we can beat them or not.

I'm pretty sure they realized there would be loops, and just went with it to spite everyone who said they wanted buffs back lol
  • I wish these buffs (or other random team buffs) could be applied to random Raids ever so often...that would make raids a bit more interesting. I find a lot of our guildies post 0 scores in raids because it's the same ole thing.

Just random thoughts... :)
    Ally Code: 198-667-264.
  • But we all wanted this, we all needed this.. be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

GA's are so lame compared to TW's. TW is fun and fast and your guild mates can help do what you cant and the rewards are EXCELLENT. GA is slow, long and boring and if you cant beat one squad its over, & 7 days seriously 7 days for a couple of gear pieces is really poor time to reward ratio.

scrap GA do more TW's with random bonuses, but the bonus teams should have a bonus counter team every time.
  • Bring back GA and give us the rewards from missed TW's. As is, TW is a real pain in the nether regions.

meant to quote this guy not the guy I quoted.
  • Suprème_Lèader_Tsao
    122 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It's as if millions cried out in anger, and where sumarily ignored..

Trust me, sometimes the best way to handle community anger is to ignore it because the community just doesn’t see the big picture. See, in the Road Ahead post, they said that—

Oh, wait...
  • Thank you for ruining TW now whoever came up with this idea should go join Rian Johnson and work on his trilogy.
  • It's as if millions cried out in anger, and where sumarily ignored..

Trust me, sometimes the best way to handle community anger is to ignore it because they just don’t see the big picture. See, in the Road Ahead post, they said that—

Oh, wait...

We have achieved comprehension lol
  • Love this tw, so much fun with that buff. Go go ewok, jawa, clone trooper and imp trooper.

Finally we can use our 50 trayas for offense rather than so boring 50 trayas defense like we did two month ago.
This discussion has been closed.