Lack of Ship Omegas

Prev1
Troyo
63 posts Member
edited January 2019
Anyone have a shortage of ship Omegas? The only place to get them is fleet challenge that happens three times a week and it seems I'm lucky to get a couple when each time it runs. I know there are a few events that come around once in a while but there really is no other place to farm them. It says they are in the fleet battles stage 5 normal side but I have simmed 5 days straight of those nodes and not got a single one.

I just wish they would put them in one of the shipment stores. I know it's in the weekly shipment currently and I bought those but it is only a pack of 2.

Just curious if everyone else is having the same problem or am I missing some way of earning them.
Post edited by Troyo on

Replies

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Ya the drop rate is horrible with those. Just like getting an omega from cantina. All unicorns
  • I was also wondering this. Ive been farming them day one, and i dont think i have ebough to fully omega the rebel ships now. Weird.
  • Would have been nice if they got added to the shard shop when it was updated a few days ago...
  • It's definitely an issue. I suggested months ago CG add one to the daily rewards box.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Yep. You can farm them in the fleet nodes but it would be nice to have more events to collect more.
  • I have too many Ship Omegas, and I have no one to place them on
  • I’ve bought some from weekly shipments with Ally Points.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Eventually you get a surplus so it's a short term problem
  • I always thought of ship omegas like squad omegas. You shouldn't have enough to do everyone at once, but have to pick and choose who to focus on (or, to be fair, pay cash money.) Kind of like the reenforcement mats being something of an anologue to zeta mats. Makes you choose who to max and who to shelve. That said, I totally would take an extra handful for my rebels right now too! 😉
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    JediRobb wrote: »
    I have never had a surplus, but farming Nest brings in a few extra each week to keep the upgrades going.

you have be mindful of what nodes you are farming on ships. they dont all have ship omegas. i stopped farming SAs ship for a bit due to my low stock, which has now been depleted.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    Kokie wrote: »
    Eventually you get a surplus so it's a short term problem
    Its easy to burn through the stockpile really quick, with each ability requiring 20 omegas and each ship having 3-4 abilities or more

I don't think the rate we get them is bad though since ship content is slowly released and even slower to change and every ship doesn't require every ability to be maxed out
  • I definitely don't max out every ship. I've been playing for about a year and only have five ships completely maxed. I have about 6 other ships that have at least one ability maxed. Almost all my upgraded ships are dark side as they have been best in arena and got to the zeta fleet challenge. I just unlocked HMF but only had enough to max out one ability. I now need rebel ships to run with HMF but it'll be a long time before I can max them with the rate of Omegas. I just wish there was a way to farm them in shipments consistently. Like with squad Omegas and zeta mats.

Ships release arent all that slow lately. 3 BH ships, 2 sith ships, Anakins ship, and now HMF. All those becoming farmable in the last few months.

Anyway it is what it is I guess. We all have the same grind. Maybe if they keep pushing out ships they will provide another source for Omegas.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I guess maybe it's because I never use them on ships I dont intend on using....I have about 20 ships fully maxed and am sitting on 397 omegas right now
  • I run out of purple ability mat for my pilots way before i run out of ship omega. I think out of all the grind required for a ship (pilots shards, ship shard, fleet credits, pilot gear, pilot abilities, ship abilities), ship abilities are so far down the bottleneck list i never reach the point where i need them and don’t have them.
    I could understand how someone who focus a lot on ships and upgrade way more ships than me might run out though, since it’s true we get them very slowly. I don’t think there is a way around it except think carefully about which ability needs to be maxed and which can stay at 6/7.
  • They are scarce. I don’t even use omegas on anything accept for my arena team and currently I have 52.
  • The rate is fine, but it’s easy to suddenly deplete >100 omegas from just upgrading 2 ships.
  • Even just 1 ship. 3 pilot ships require 95 omegas to max.
  • The challenge runs three times per week, you get two bites at that apple, and get at least 2 Omegas per challenge (Can you get 1? I'm not logged in right now so I can't verify, but I don't recall ever getting less than 2), which means 12 per week just from the challenge. That's actually more than regular omegas per week.

The problem is that fleet omegas are still relatively new, so folks have barely had time to finish off their first ships and now that the ship meta has shifted a little they're having trouble getting the omegas for their new ships. It's kind of like when omegas first came out for characters (Remember that? Pepperidge Farms remembers.) and folks were legit arguing back and forth about how you should put an omega on Old Daka's basic or HK's leader ability first or second.

My issue isn't with omega materials (Although I'm short on them, to be clear, just like everyone else) it's reinforcement materials. There's no challenge for those, though you can get a few from an event once every couple weeks, and the first few fleet boards don't give any as drops.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Been an issue just surprised it is only getting notice now. Lots of gear and ability bottlenecks with all the changes and content.
  • I was also wondering this. Ive been farming them day one, and i dont think i have ebough to fully omega the rebel ships now. Weird.

Been farming them for 2 weeks straight on nodes that offer maximum tries, I've gotten 2. They seem to have a 5-10% chance to drop. I think the game would be greatly improved if the % chance was raised.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    The challenge runs three times per week, you get two bites at that apple, and get at least 2 Omegas per challenge (Can you get 1? I'm not logged in right now so I can't verify, but I don't recall ever getting less than 2), which means 12 per week just from the challenge. That's actually more than regular omegas per week.
    You get 1-4 and I have seen 1 on multiple occasions. What I cannot recall offhand is getting more than 2. I am sure I have at some point but like everything else it's heavily weighted toward the low end of the range.

I would say more like 3, maybe 3.5 mats per 2 attempts so about 9 or 10 per week.
    NicWester wrote: »
    The problem is that fleet omegas are still relatively new, so folks have barely had time to finish off their first ships and now that the ship meta has shifted a little they're having trouble getting the omegas for their new ships. It's kind of like when omegas first came out for characters (Remember that? Pepperidge Farms remembers.) and folks were legit arguing back and forth about how you should put an omega on Old Daka's basic or HK's leader ability first or second.
    Excluding Zetas, which have additional constraints, ships take more omega mats than characters and this is especially true for multi-crew ships. And there are less sources for ship omegas than character omegas.
    NicWester wrote: »
    My issue isn't with omega materials (Although I'm short on them, to be clear, just like everyone else) it's reinforcement materials. There's no challenge for those, though you can get a few from an event once every couple weeks, and the first few fleet boards don't give any as drops.
    I haven't personally had an issue with reinforcement mats, despite being a prolific ship collector. I find reinforcement abilities to be more of a mixed bag and more optional than omegas, which are often necessary to bring damage output or survivability up to a competitive level.
  • Troyo
    63 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    You have a chance at character Omegas in the challenges, daily activities, several events have them as rewards, and you can purchase them with fleet tokens or crystals on a regular basis. So I don't agree you get more ship omegas than character omegas in a week.

Plus a character omega ability takes 5 omegas to max out unless it has a zeta ability. To max out a ship ability it takes about 20 omegas I believe. I think all ships have at least 3 abilities so it would essentially take you about 5 weeks to max out a ship.

Been farming them for 2 weeks straight on nodes that offer maximum tries, I've gotten 2. They seem to have a 5-10% chance to drop. I think the game would be greatly improved if the % chance was raised.

Then everyone has more and upgrading that ability doesn’t mean as much. As long as we all have the same chance at them it doesn’t matter if they became more scarce even.
  • reinforcement mats needed. you guys put new farmable ships in stage 1 fleet battles (Anakin and young lando) that don't drop the mats.

please advise on how to collect them??
  • They could just add some better chances to get the ship omegas at the nodes where you can farm them. I tried for a week farming them. Guess what I had 0 Omegas droped the whole week.
  • This game is based on grinding things. You will always have a shortage of something.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I started doing the highest tier of Contraband Cargo because I'm always short on Prestige and ship omegas. Better value for me now than a 1/6 chance of ReyFalcon shards.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ya I have been refreshing Fleet energy 3 time each day for the last four days and simming level 5 normal side that shows ship Omegas. I haven't got 1 yet. Must be a really low drop rate. (About like Omegas in cantina)

I understand everything is a grind and you have to pick and choose what you want to use your resources for. These ship Omegas just seem lacking. I mean anything else I can find in a shipment store on a some what regular basis or I can farm a certain node to get it. These are the first thing I have ran into that there is simply no way of grinding it out. Just wait on the challenge to drop me 2 or 3 ship Omegas 3 times a week.