The Next Territory Wars (1/17/19) [MEGA]

Replies

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Love this tw, so much fun with that buff. Go go ewok, jawa, clone trooper and imp trooper.

Finally we can use our 50 trayas for offense rather than so boring 50 trayas defense like we did two month ago.

Yeah infinite bugged loops from Ewoks and Jawa's is a great way to give "bonuses" to a faction, at least the Troopers feel fun and balanced actually, compared to Ewoks and Jawa's looping you to death.

With all their talk about how much they hate infinite loops in raids you'd think they'd be against purposely putting them into TW no matter how many times we told them that this would happen, but who cares about feedback right? better to ignore sixty plus pages of hate or facts or explanations and do things anyway, right? TW, a format that people love but many have not had fun in now for over 2 months, lol.

And hey look, GA is back, and things might be more normal there, hey look guys, GA is where you have your TW fun now, not the guild event! :p
  • Neberhid wrote: »
    This was a very bad idea! OP 60k teams destroying my best 100k teams.. I didn't even have a chance. You destroyed the fun of playing tw

GP has always been a bad proxy for team quality. Synergy matters at least 40% more. And that makes complete sense. Shouldn't team synergy give a 40% boost to team quality? So there you go. A synergistic Ewok team of 60K can take a poor synergy 100k team. It makes sense.

I have a 100k rebell, sith, bh and jedi team they all have team synergy
  • Can we have a regular tw? I know you can't bother doing things like a fair matchmaking or risk to upset whales by banning Revan, but this is far worse.
  • Awful. Please stop all this experimenting and playing around - some of us just want to play the game without suddenly encountering a jawa team that brutalises more powerful teams or unkillable imperial teams. Why do it?? It brings nothing to the game and most people just want to play the game, not have to spend spare time on the forum to understand what the latest "improvement" is all about.
  • I’m all for spicing up TWs (which has gotten a bit stale) by giving underused factions bonuses and stuff but I feel that they really overdid it this time. It isn’t fun when they get god-like and are almost impossible to kill with normal strong squads. Better to improve them and make them good but not semi-invincible imo.
  • Sabreman74
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    The matchmaking algorithm is very bad, there are still guilds that leave out a certain number of players to be paired with guilds of a lower level. These guilds should be penalized and paired according to the real power of the guild and not by GP of the number of registered players.
  • Single unit bonuses were much better than whole faction. Its really hard to watch 65k Jawas killing 95k rebels with a smile. But if you really want to go with whole factions dont make it godly. Take a 2 breaths and consider these buffs again.
    Keep in mind that you are doing changes not only for end game 150M+ guilds but also for other ones.
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    How about putting more effort into matching equally strong guilds (including considerations of how many meta characters they have) Because this currently Is very bad.

Seriously if our guild cannot get through one single territory and the other guild can still beat 105k+ CLS and JRT teams on the first try AFTER clearing all other territories then this cannot be explained simply by strategy. It just shows your matchmaking algorithms doesn’t work!
    Post edited by KyoO1234 on
  • The buffs are way better than the bans. We most likely won our war thanks to clone trooper teams in the back sections that held the line.
  • Liked these bonuses. Clones brought it. IT mechanic was cool. (I'd give 2 zetas to shore trooper if he had an auto revive mechanic like this). Huge improvement over bans and I like it over "regular" TW with no bonuses. Some could argue these bonuses are a tad on the heavy side, especially clones, but this made for an interesting TW.
  • Easily the most fun tw war to date!
    Ps ban war wasn't terrible but it was definitely meh.
  • Surely cg knew that these would cause endless loops but did it anyways without a care, even though they say they are against it lol. I say keep C3PO phase 3 solo the way it is in that case. I mean they are either bad or they are not. Make up your minds. K thx
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    So much fun this time around!
    The Jawas were soo much fun!
    There was a new set of challenges to over come (the bonuses) , along with new tools to use (the bonuses)! Both sides cleared, but it sure was nice to play C and B teams that performed like GOD Mode teams :)

• i really dont like these badly designed new tws. some people seem to like them but i really wish they would get back to the original tw setup that was fun. not this bonus crap that doesnt really add anything to tw but ruin the fun.

i had all the teams and used the bonus teams and beat bonus teams with teams i usually dont use but still didnt have fun.

i get that the developers are going for cashgrabs and changing things like this up makes them money but why ruin the fun of the game for $$
  • when you don't have the right teams.

n9edtdtnptu2.png

this was Not really fun for our guild. I think we are not alone
  • I enjoyed the buffs for this round of TW. It made using my g10 and g9 Jawas fun to use.
  • Trash
  • Elpi wrote: »
    when you don't have the right teams.

n9edtdtnptu2.png

this was Not really fun for our guild. I think we are not alone

"Fun? Ahh yes the passage of time in a fruitless and non practical way" Kryten - Red Dwarf
  • My only critique is that all these buffs mostly benefit players in the 2+ year range. Please let the rest of us in on the fun!
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    My only critique is that all these buffs mostly benefit players in the 2+ year range. Please let the rest of us in on the fun!

Amen Brother. Word around town is the whales complained normal players were getting to powerful. Wouldn't doubt it.
  • Almost everyone (from different guilds, countries) consider TW bonuses/bans as big minus and big step backwards.
    Please stop such nonsenses, we are building teams several months and then unreal overbonuses are clearing these longterm built teams.

I'm very disappointed..
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    My only critique is that all these buffs mostly benefit players in the 2+ year range. Please let the rest of us in on the fun!

Amen Brother. Word around town is the whales complained normal players were getting to powerful. Wouldn't doubt it.

I believe that is the “community” they speak of
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »

I believe that is the “community” they speak of

O.o?
  • Merci CG for the last two TWs.
    It was really fun for me to play with troops, I usually use not very often.
    Jawas, Ewoks and Clones were pure fun. Troopers are awesome!
    I hope to see this kind of TW again in the future.

With kind regards,
    a happy player
  • This was super fun! It was getting stale going up against the same walls repeatedly and having to use the same counters all the time. These new bonuses kept it fresh and interesting. Our guild had a great time watching many teams get thrown against our clones and Ewoks. Equally hilarious was getting destroyed by g8 Jawas as they’d attack someone repeatedly.
  • I was disappointed with my Jawas, threw them at a Reavan team that had 18 wins and never got a turn.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Leodemiurg
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Alteisen76 wrote: »
    Merci CG for the last two TWs.

It was really fun for me to play with troops, I usually use not very often.
    Jawas, Ewoks and Clones were pure fun. Troopers are awesome!
    I hope to see this kind of TW again in the future.

With kind regards,
    a happy player
    3i6ivhi2h7qy.png

Surely, SOME players found fun in this.

Developers, why in the world would you start spoiling one of the not many decent games in the market?

I am that close to delete and explore other options despite all investments (mainly time)

Edited to remove swearing, please do not attempt to bypass the profanity filter ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • I've kind of mellowed out to these changes. It actually is somewhat advantageous to the guild I'm in, as the leaders don't require us to do cookie cutter squads, outside of working on hstr teams as we are close to getting it (finished one this week). They just expect we participate in activities...not an unreasonable request.

Were still going to win more than we lose, as our guild is active.

BTW the guild I'm in isn't all whales, there's a few that might be, but we have a wide range of spend.

As for the 53 battles on one squad shown above, why not pick a different path? Throwing everything at it is the worst thing you could do
  • This is good, but what's the record?

bs2muf7ym8oh.jpg
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    This is good, but what's the record?

bs2muf7ym8oh.jpg

Probably just means someone was angry at their loss and just kept sending one character in at a time.
This discussion has been closed.