Sith ships or sith characters?

Any guesses to which one will be more likely in the next month?

Replies

• I think we'll probably get Darth Malak and/or Darth Revan for obvious reasons. However with all the new Sith ships being added recently I am hoping we will get either Malak's Leviathin or Nihilus's Ravager as a capital ship. Heck they could even give us Vader's Devastator with a Sith tag and I'd be happy.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    . Heck they could even give us Vader's Devastator with a Sith tag and I'd be happy.

Eww...maybe with a real kit i guess... sith ship synergy is great on paper but needs a SOLID boost to sith ships to be viable..... bomber is #1 counter to han in future but it taunts so will be on the field all of 30 seconds.... sith got that stealth, foresight, heal, DOT thing going. But health pools kinda suck.. they have 0 chance without that mass daze from a taunter...

Sith capital will need to daze or stagger or give them survivability while dots rack up

Wedge dropping 12 DOTs on a ship is glorious sith should be the AOE version lol
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    . Heck they could even give us Vader's Devastator with a Sith tag and I'd be happy.

Eww...maybe with a real kit i guess... sith ship synergy is great on paper but needs a SOLID boost to sith ships to be viable..... bomber is #1 counter to han in future but it taunts so will be on the field all of 30 seconds.... sith got that stealth, foresight, heal, DOT thing going. But health pools kinda suck.. they have 0 chance without that mass daze from a taunter...

Sith capital will need to daze or stagger or give them survivability while dots rack up

I agree they need a boost, and you're right that the Devastator would need a real kit instead of the copy paste kit it currently has. I was more meaning just the ship itself. The Sith ships do quite well in fleet arena for me, as I main them (mainly since I'm a die hard Sith fan), so I would love to see a capital ship with the ability to stagger to make them better.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    You'll get Malak in the middle of the month, needing the 4 newer OR Toons + Revan, then Darth Revan needing Malak, Revan and 3 OR toons. The filler characters will be Sith Acolyte and either Sith Sorcerer or Juggernaut, Marquee events. Happy February
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Reyalp wrote: »
    You'll get Malak in the middle of the month, needing the 4 newer OR Toons + Revan, then Darth Revan needing Malak, Revan and 3 OR toons. The filler characters will be Sith Acolyte and either Sith Sorcerer or Juggernaut, Marquee events. Happy February

The only way that happens is if they run Revan in the next few weeks......

It would also be unlikely they would then run an event for Darth Revan without a "panic farm" toon of some kind, which does not currently exist.

They are nothing if somewhat predictable from the Patterson we see, and that doesnt fit the pattern.
  • Kyno wrote: »

It would also be unlikely they would then run an event for Darth Revan without a "panic farm" toon of some kind, which does not currently exist.

They are nothing if somewhat predictable from the Patterson we see, and that doesnt fit the pattern.

They could run event for Revan after JTR - seems right about time

I guess, we will get some info from the road ahead, but when..
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    We’ve had the Revan meta for what, 3 months now? He was released mid-October. Seems like we’re due for a new meta in February after it has been 4 months.

My prediction is this week or next Juhani and Carth become farmable. The beginning half of February they release Revan again. The second half is an event requiring Revan, Juhani, Carth, Ordo, and Fallen Bastilla. It gives us Malak or Darth Revan, which changes the meta back to Sith with Traya.
  • The road ahead is being delayed because they don’t want to announce Darth Revan yet (mirror event).
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    The road ahead is being delayed because they don’t want to announce Darth Revan yet (mirror event).

Or they are just waiting until the Falcon event is over.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »
    I'm still saying Malek and another toon (maybe Bandon?) in marquee events that will be needed for Darth Revan. I just don't see Jedi Revan as a requirement.

It's too late for another marquee, unless they drop the "ftp friendly" pretense altogether and make the first round pay-only. The fifth one required will be either Jedi Revan or HK, there's enough panic farm potential in the rest so they can make one required character "free".
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »
    Jedi Revan was blatantly not FTP friendly so I wouldn't suspect anything less for Darth Revan.

They still made it at least theoretically possible for ftp, that's why I said that it's just a pretense. If they released a brand new marquee and required it for Darth Revan right away, not even the hardcore apologists could make it look like ftp friendly. They aren't gonna do that, too much bad PR.
  • Sith need more ships, although there is the option of toons with ships for sure.
    Like sith soldier can be added with a ship(maybe a support with one of the sith tri)
    A 5th and 6th capital ship, one light and one dark and from one of the factions currently without a capital ship(resistance timed with episode 9 and one of Seperatist, Sith(possible both if Dooku) or FO)
    Those adds should be part of the 2019 gameplan.
  • AnubisNL
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2019

well so far they can throw candarus, carth, juhani, and dark side bastila out as well that could potentially be required, and ofcourse the sith marauder/assassin/trooper which are from the old republic but don't seem to be tagged as such : /

personally i'm just focussing on the revan requirements as there is no way in hell i'll be able to accomplish anything when darth revan shows up. might as well try and be ready when light side revan shows up again :(
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I'm thinking that it will be Darth Malak Legendary requiring a full OR squad to beat. Malak, Canderous, Fallen Bastilla, and HK will be needed for Darth Revan. Malak would be the panic farm and would probably be Chewbacca level difficulty.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    HK22 wrote: »
    I'm thinking that it will be Darth Malak Legendary requiring a full OR squad to beat. Malak, Canderous, Fallen Bastilla, and HK will be needed for Darth Revan. Malak would be the panic farm and would probably be Chewbacca level difficulty.
    Yeah, I've been thinking the same for a couple of weeks. Carth is there for the ship and Juhani isn't needed. They both can be used for Malak Legendary requiring any 5 LS OR toons

I'm unsure on who the fifth one for Revan is (T3? JKR?)
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Carth is still the only pure OR leader in the game and will be the go-to leader for farmers who want Malak (if they release him this route), but are far from Jedi Knight Revan. Kyno noted that they might need a panic farm so releasing a generic Revan Trooper, Admiral Saul Karth with Leviathan, or Darth Bannon could accomplish that task.

Though honestly, Darth Bannon would fit thematically as the panic character for Darth Malak.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Darth Bandon for Malak mayhaps?
  • I wouldn't mind seeing Saul or Darth Bandon come to the game, but again I'm Sith biased and don't care about panic farming as long as I get them the second time around.
  • Oh how I would love some real sith in the game such as exar kun or darth bane. But I can only dream. Seems that proper legends material is ignored now, and even clone wars era canon is on the backburner until the kotor well dries up. Not bitter about the kotor love, but dammmit, I love me some undead sith lords....
  • Kyno wrote: »

You mean Revan is NOT coming in the next few weeks?? 😩

• Why not both?
  • Why not both?

I was waiting for someone to comment like that 😂😂😂
  • Why not both?

I second this