The Next Territory Wars (1/17/19) [MEGA]

Replies

• Leodemiurg
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    As for the 53 battles on one squad shown above, why not pick a different path? Throwing everything at it is the worst thing you could do

Well, because other path was even WORSE!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    TW sucks, and is the worst time-suck in the game
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • 13 battles against my Ewoks…….helped us win an easy TW. WOOT!!! :)

Thanks, CG! ;)

gtd0bi1pveg4.jpg
    Ally Code: 198-667-264.
  • I can sum his thread up with two simple truths...

-- If you won (benefitted from the buffs), you loved the scheme.

-- If you lost, you hated it.

It's all a matter of perspective~

ea2zdgpv86ms.gif

I won, and hated it, mr. holier than thou. Some people can judge things based on its merits (or lack thereof), rather than their own personal self serving perspective.

I guess you just can't please everyone, CG. smh

I loved it! I appreciate CG and EA supporting this game! Keep up the good work, and please, please...continue to explore and experiment with content to keep the game fresh and fun for YEARS to come. Please do not let guys (like Snowlock) deter you from the countless (and silent majority) who appreciate your efforts so, so much. *thumbs up* :):):)
  • BiggyFett
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Elpi wrote: »
    when you don't have the right teams.

n9edtdtnptu2.png

this was Not really fun for our guild. I think we are not alone

My guild experienced a similar problem with one particular Clone team. We had 27 attempts. Fortunately, we cleared six other territories and won by 4,500 points. I'm sure the guild which opposed us didn't have fun, though. We walled the front sectors with Clones, Imperials, Jawas and Ewoks, and our opponents finally got through one of those territories about 13 hours into the war. We had already won by then, pretty much.
    Post edited by BiggyFett on
  • 9qy78ng3kj6z.png
    Well, it was not really fun or bad for me as a player( troopers were interesting), but it was awesome as a TW officer) GG to GoC Omega, it was really epic
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Its been over a month since we had a TW where JKR were allowed and I forgot how many hours you had to wait till your allies in the guild with Revan killers had to move before you could progress to the next territory!
  • We lost because the other guild was better. Would probably have been the same or even worse without the bonus chars. Never the less I had great fun! Way better than the bans!

ea2zdgpv86ms.gif

Wrong: this thread can be summed up with one simple truth: matchmaking was ****!

And if you were in the upside of it you loved it and if you were on the downside of it you hates it.
  • These bonuses (Clones, jawas, troopers and ewoks) were just awesome.
  • First and foremost no more character bans. Ever.
    In terms of ways to update territory wars in the future, bring in more maps, simillar to the existing one, but with slightly different layouts, allowing for different strategies, and with different tag buffs, like the ones for first order and resistance in the existing one.
    Territory War is a mode which CG seems to want to make more dynamic, it is the most dynamic beast in the game, it requires 50 people to co-ordinate skill and strategy to achieve a win, it is a constantly changing mode that is somewhat self sufficient.
    Back to the original sell of TW as a mode/map of a mode with certain buffs relevant to the area the war takes place... Brilliant!! We were all so excited, some a bit affronted by the buffs sure, but it's only two teams and they are fun teams, good teams, resistance and first order.
    Give us more maps, I recommend you continue with two opposing factions, again, relevant to the map.

The changes you are trying to make and the direction for GA are crossed over... who cares who gets #1, it's the best guy who also pays the most, sure paying gives you power but it's no everything, skill and knowledge means so much in this game and that is why it is so great. But at the end of the day the top of GA will never, can never be the best player in SWGOH.
    The TW forum should be the standard for world rankings and recognition in SWGOH, hell you could get eSports going with TW, massive scale.
    GA can and never will compare to TW. one player doing a good job and being first in GA will never come close to 50 people co-ordinating their strategy to be first in TW
  • personally i have given up that ea/cg will even look at our comments and then do the right thing. after all the comments about tw they still went forwards with banning toons and then said they would do it again even though everyone hated it.

so why does anyone actually think they are going to look at these forum responses and even do anything. sorry i am not trolling but speaking the truth here.

ea/cg is going to do what they want to do regardless of feedback and regardless if it is good for the game or not.

tw is now officially ruined imo. they arent going to go back to what worked when they are actively trying to put in systems that people arent fond of. forcing ga on the players with no alternative then ruining tw without any alternative are clear actions to support my opinion.

i bet youll be hard pressed to find any actions that counter my opinion because they dont care its that simple
  • We won. I didn't like it. The bonuses were over the top IMO. I did like the Troopers one though. But the Ewoks and Clones were just a little to cray cray. Same with Jawas. No reason a G7 Jawa squad should be able to beat G12 BHs. None at all. It is stuff like that which makes no sense. If all of a sudden G11 Jawas could wreak shop, that would be one thing. But G7/G8 is kinda insulting.
  • I think the bonuses were fun. It let us hold our own against a much stronger guild. Ewoks were useless against the two Traya walls unfortunately. Honestly I would still prefer to just leave tw alone though. If CG really wants to make meaningful changes the should up the rewards for the events. Maybe a full piece of bottleneck gear?
  • That is one of the issues. You should not be holding your own against a "much stronger guild". You shouldn't be matched up against them to begin with. Rather than do crazy stuff to make "weaker" guilds able to compete with "stronger" ones, maybe try fixing the match making instead?
  • Hey @CG_SBCrumb can we get the info on the next TW this week so we can properly prepare for whatever wrench is going to be thrown at us?
  • Well, my experience from this was weird, but speed became the again overly important. Whereas before some strategy would work, now I had to decide between (a) developing teams that are not even remotely useful in anything but an INCIDENTAL instance of TW (example: jawas, clones), or (b) invest so heavily in speed (including equipment a set of speed mods on everyone for that little extra speed) that the main teams literally play against opponent as if they were doing a raid. And yes, speeds above 240 become now the only "safety" mechanism to keep any team viable vs. the bright ideas of CG. If they ever told us speed is not the only thing that matters, with such moves they remade speed into the sole thing that would ever matter at all.
  • That is one of the issues. You should not be holding your own against a "much stronger guild". You shouldn't be matched up against them to begin with. Rather than do crazy stuff to make "weaker" guilds able to compete with "stronger" ones, maybe try fixing the match making instead?

The changes are their alternative to working on the matchup algo. I'm not a fan of this as a solution, but what I want is of little concern.
  • CoSrenegade
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    These boni were too extreme imho.
    And we won.
    Post edited by CoSrenegade on
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Suprème_Lèader_Tsao
    122 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    TW needs (in no particular order):

(1) The ability for players to select which characters they want to use/count against them in the matchmaking for TW. You said that you didn’t want systems that penalize players for leveling up characters (back when you talked about the Zombie rework) and you should stick to what you said.

(2) No crazy faction buffs and no faction-crippling bans. Walk the middle path, please. If Revan/Traya walls are a problem, for example, then give Grievous a buff that *could* get through them or something. Or give them a buff that only works when they’re on offense.

(3) A new map. Tired of Jakku.

(4) New format (maybe 6v6 could be interesting... all of Phoenix Squadron together, more synergistic split squads, etc.)

(5) More Capital Ships.

(6) A bit of transparency about the matchmaking algorithm and some adjustments. Are Revans and Trayas considered? Zetas? There has been more parity in the matchmaking for my guild lately, but I don’t really remember the last time we lost. Could be that we’re really good; could be that we’ve had help. We don’t really know. I know that there are a lot of moving parts, but I don’t want guilds to feel like they never have a shot at winning.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    3. Are you aware that the Ewoks could easily get stuck in an infinite loop of offense?

They are really going to be murder bears now! You need to throw a wrench in their plans before they hit a critical mass of TM.
    This is the least “fun and playful” thing you have ever rolled out. Terrible idea. Had you probed the community before making this event I’m sure you would have been told overwhelmingly it’s a terrible idea
    Thank you for the feedback but I can find you examples on this very forum that say the Nov. Clone Wars bonuses was something folks enjoyed and would like to see for this next TW instead of picks and bans. Don't forget that prior to all of this, many players were unhappy with the lack of variety in TW as they were fighting the same teams over and over again.

We want to keep Territory Wars fresh and interesting but this means we need to try new things. Remember that the future of TW is not set in stone and we will continue to evolve it. If you don't like it, that's fine, let us know what you would like to see for next time.

I personally thought the ban of characters was a terrible idea. But I think your point is fair. I’m not opposed to good change. But change for change’s sake is a bad idea. I do think the bonuses are fun. Hated the ban though. Overall, love the game.

• Stop It Please !!!!!!

You're messing up everything in Territorial War. We are very disappointed about your perception of what a Territorial War should be. You don't respect the time we invest in building harmonious troops, you don't respect the time we spend on your game. We are frustrated and lose the joy. Please stop this stupid influence on the gameplay, which only distorts the results.

Ideas that could make the gameplay better and more exciting:

- Territorial Wars with different seasons (spring, summer, autumn, and winter) and different territories (mountain, desert, marshland, plain, urban, etc.) that affect all participants, not just some.
    - Integration of a platoon war room in territorial battles. With proposals for the occupation of the units with player names of the guild.
    - Exchange for guild members to trade character shards within the guild.

These are just a few ideas, but they point in the direction of responsible development. If the players lose the joy, the game will also die. We believe you love players who enjoy SWGOH.

Thank you for your attention.
    We are "Nebelreich".
    May the Force be with you!
  • I really enjoyed this TW. Our guild almost got a full clear but got stopped in the ship nodes against the OG falcon. Our opponents didn't even get to our special node that had full squads of imperial troopers/clone trooper squads.

IMO the best Defensive squads were for sure imperial troopers and clones, while the best offensive were jawas and ewoks. Ewoks were pretty dumb on defense.
  • The below is based upon my thoughts and opinions, shared by some of my guild mates, and several others I have talked to about TW.

The last two months have not been fun for TW. First one month without it, and now 2 with rules that were not well thought out, implemented, or done with the best interest of the players. We build teams for TW based upon a certain rule set and synergy, and when we cannot use characters or teams in the way they were intended the fun leaves the game.

GA was introduced for the varied rule sets. Keep the game changes there. TW is not a playground for the devs to try and find the best way cheese off the players. The devs idea of 'fun' has not matched ours in the last two months.

Our guild has lost members because of these changes. The main thing all of those that left expressed was that they no longer knew what to build toward as the rules keep changing, and there was no end in sight.

At this point most of the guild has agreed that not knowing what is useable is not fun, and those in the mid-game are getting hosed trying to figure out what to farm next. Most of us have decided it is no longer in our best interest to purchase any packs or items with RL money as we cannot know if it will be useable. I am not advocating this should be followed by others, just stating it is how we feel.

TW needs to be restored to what it was prior to GA and the devs having 'fun'. There were 100 pages on the ban, and many pages and threads showing discontent with this current TW. Rather than continue making unwarranted changes, bugs and quality of life charges should take priority.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I can sum his thread up with two simple truths...

ea2zdgpv86ms.gif

Never have I read a comment that was more far from the truth and facts. So many people that won this TW, hated this TW or thought the buffs were over the top, I mean it must be fun to make up fake facts and pass it off as "I can sum this thread up".

The bonuses were fun sure, but they were broken, and overpowered. Jawa's could G1 kill anything or make anyone timeout because they keep attacking untill the target is dead. Regardless of the stun rule.

A matter of perspective is actually using correct facts.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Gorem wrote: »
    I can sum his thread up with two simple truths...

ea2zdgpv86ms.gif

Never have I read a comment that was more far from the truth and facts. So many people that won this TW, hated this TW or thought the buffs were over the top, I mean it must be fun to make up fake facts and pass it off as "I can sum this thread up".

The bonuses were fun sure, but they were broken, and overpowered. Jawa's could G1 kill anything or make anyone timeout because they keep attacking untill the target is dead. Regardless of the stun rule.

A matter of perspective is actually using correct facts.

We won the stacked deck TW and I felt badly, it felt dirty and unearned. Shameful. But this is the era of the entitled and lazy wanting everything handed to them, no work, no effort.
This discussion has been closed.