Carbantis for GA reward?

Prev1
Come on guys you can do better than that! Why not stun guns instead? I mean it's a multiple day event which perfectly justifies half a stun gun and a full for 1st place...

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    All I have to say about carbantis as a reward is this: Keep them coming!
  • Options
    You need carbantis for stun guns + other gear, not to mention needing carbantis themselves. Sure stun guns cost more to farm but hey, free is free. Im sure if the rewards were stun guns the argument wouls be "come on CG why not give us G12 pieces?!"
  • Options
    50 carbantis will always be a reward worth fighting for.
  • Options
    Yeah there's totally not zeta mats or anything else that comes with it
  • Options
    Lately I've had the stun guns, but not the carbs ready. So i welcome the reward.
  • Options
    I’m sorry they don’t have the gear ONLY you are looking for.

Yeah those Zeta mats are grade A trash.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Carbs are great. You can never have enough of them
  • Options
    Are you seriously saying you’d rather NOT have carbantis? What swgoh did you grow up in?
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I doubt anyone is saying carbs aren't good, just that their amount for a top spot is not enough.
  • Options
    That's one full piece of carbanti, guys. That's everything we could ask for. Most valuable piece of gear in the game, on par with stun guns that were already a reward in a previous GA. This time there's nothing to complain about, seriously. The only thing that worries me is that probably next GA the rewards are gonna be way lower (worst gear, and omegas instead of zetas)
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    I doubt anyone is saying carbs aren't good, just that their amount for a top spot is not enough.

I don't mean to target your post, just that it sumarises the post well.

How do you benchmark what a top spot deserves?

This month we have had four legendary events, four territory wars and one grand arena.

The norm before Grand Arena was four territory wars? So we are getting the same amount of loot as we previously got from our four TW's and our complete TB (Both Rebel & Imperial).

At this point we are getting purely additional content. I understand for the larger GP accounts it's quite a few battles, but surely if you have a 4mil roster, you enjoy the opportunity to use more of your inventory?

I don't understand how anyone can attribute a value to a reward and say catagorically that it's not good enough for a top spot? The previous argument, as I understood it, was that if you won 1st place in all TW it was a lot more reward than if you won all the Grand Arena's, but now we are back to 4 TWs.
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I cant believe there not giving out an unlocked c3p0 as a reward....I mean come on CG get it together
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    I agree

The first Grand Arena, we had 90 Stun cuffs for 1st place

nr7ojhnhmq321.jpg

Going from 90 cuffs to 50 carbs is a major disappointment in comparision
  • Options
    My problem isn’t the reward of carbs but the quantity. I appreciate the zeta mats getting added in, but 3 mats isn’t worth losing 40 salavge pieces
  • Options
    If I am not mistaken though, the first GA, we had less TW's being run that month?

So the higher amount of loot was to compensate for them. (Something which was grossly opposed, compensated for and presumably is the reason that this month we have 4 TW's, 2 TB and 1 GA).

Yes, the loots decreased, but we're not comparing apples and apples. I am sure that CG will give us a detailed summary of their experiments of what they consider to be 'the average amount of stuff' they're giving away in a month.

In total we have:
    33,600 GW currency.
    11,200 Arena currency for (top 1000)
    22,400 Ship currency (minimum)
    All the Challenge Loot
    All the Fleet Challenge Loot
    All the Raid/Guild Loot.
    Territory War
    Terriory Battles
    Grand Arena
    Energy/Canteen Energy

We know that they will add to some shipments and others are designed to be exhausted to then feed the shard store.

I go off at a tangent, but presumably the change to add G12 to the ship store signals that CG are thinking about G13 and/or level cap increase. I imagine that they are trying to get the monthly economy sorted, with the perfect amount of TW/TB/GA. They will then be able to calculate how long they want for a player to reach the new cap etc.
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Options
    Pentagon wrote: »
    I go off at a tangent, but presumably the change to add G12 to the ship store signals that CG are thinking about G13 and/or level cap increase. I imagine that they are trying to get the monthly economy sorted, with the perfect amount of TW/TB/GA. They will then be able to calculate how long they want for a player to reach the new cap etc.

I think that before G13 can even be on the horizon, they have to make g12+ more available to players. Right now it's only available from Heroic Sith raid, or spending a ton of crystals.

I suppose they could release G13 in a few months, and make g12+ gear farmable at the same time, so HSith guilds and whales can have a head start....
  • Options
    1st place in ga also grants 36 gold slicing mat, which is worth 5400 guild coins (almost 2 full carbantis in the guild store), plus the slicing mats to use with them. Ga rewards are awesome.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

I think that before G13 can even be on the horizon, they have to make g12+ more available to players. Right now it's only available from Heroic Sith raid, or spending a ton of crystals.

I suppose they could release G13 in a few months, and make g12+ gear farmable at the same time, so HSith guilds and whales can have a head start....

If we get G13, it will probably be accompanied by a max lvl increase. If we get a max lvl increase, we will likely get new light/dark battles as well. G12+ will simply go there.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

I don't mean to target your post, just that it sumarises the post well.

How do you benchmark what a top spot deserves?

This month we have had four legendary events, four territory wars and one grand arena.

The norm before Grand Arena was four territory wars? So we are getting the same amount of loot as we previously got from our four TW's and our complete TB (Both Rebel & Imperial).

At this point we are getting purely additional content. I understand for the larger GP accounts it's quite a few battles, but surely if you have a 4mil roster, you enjoy the opportunity to use more of your inventory?

I don't understand how anyone can attribute a value to a reward and say catagorically that it's not good enough for a top spot? The previous argument, as I understood it, was that if you won 1st place in all TW it was a lot more reward than if you won all the Grand Arena's, but now we are back to 4 TWs.

This being additional content makes no sense as this is now normal content for the game same as any other, it's not something special that will run for a bit and go away. How many of each event runs doesn't matter either. The comparison should be between the effort one event takes and another.

It's superbly competetive at higher GPs, there are no handout matches. And 15 carbanti difference is simply not a good enough incentive to push yourself to be the best. Trying to be in 5-7 by winning a single match makes more sense for the minimum amount of effort it involves.

For example from guild store 40 carbantis will cost you 2240 coins. Another 12 from guild events store will cost you 588 get. So top 3 spots in a Hsith will be able to get a full carbanti in addition to all the other rewards, most importantly an assortment of high end gear. Hsith will take way less effort than if you have the investment in and play it over 12-18 hours compared to the effective 3 day long GA event.
  • Options
    It’s useful gear but I mean I’m sitting at over 900 of them. It’s free gear so I’ll take it. But we can get it easily. It’d be nice if it was gear that was harder to come by. Zetas thank God. Only reason I wanna join. But if it was just the carbanti or the mod salvage. No way I’d be joining.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Ah also there's the problem of slicing mats, why does one type disappear after 8th place reward? It makes sense that they go together, seperately they are useless.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I agree

The first Grand Arena, we had 90 Stun cuffs for 1st place

nr7ojhnhmq321.jpg

Going from 90 cuffs to 50 carbs is a major disappointment in comparision

Not saying 50 is good but they also added 3 zeta mats,as a trade off I suppose.
  • Options
    Ah also there's the problem of slicing mats, why does one type disappear after 8th place reward? It makes sense that they go together, seperately they are useless.

You get them too they just don’t show.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    JohnAran wrote: »

You get them too they just don’t show.

Cool! So 70 of both? That's better for incentive.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Not saying 50 is good but they also added 3 zeta mats,as a trade off I suppose.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    My problem isn’t the reward of carbs but the quantity. I appreciate the zeta mats getting added in, but 3 mats isn’t worth losing 40 salavge pieces
    Good point. Forgot about the zeta mats we are getting this time around and if its like the last Grand Arena, we get Omega mats too but it doesn't show due to real estate (speculation). Personally would've preferred 40 carbs more over 3 zeta mats but that's because of where I'm at. I think its a fair trade-off on CG's end
  • Options
    I'm still on 900+ Carbantis, so I don't really care for them much at this point.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    The rewards are fine, this thread is pointless opinionated 1st world problems trash.
  • Options
    If they multiplied the rewards by a factor of 10 it would still take me 50 GA to accumulate a surplus
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Remember guys, they said that the first GA's would have the best rewards out of all the GA's, because it was new and they wanted people to go for it. We should expect the rewards to get worse over time.

We've gone from raid only gear, to stun guns to cuffs, all super high numbers of, to one single Carbanti, which is literally one weeks worth of challenge gear. The only real reward from this one is zeta's, but I feel they put that there just so there is some incentive to participate. If no zeta's were there this GA would be mostly dead.

That and the quests we will have to complete, I did hope myself that the rewards would be a little better even, and no not like the terrible arguments above "oh if you want this then why not this" said by people who just want upvotes, but rewards gained through hard means such as the raid gear we got before or stun guns that we have gotten before.

Thing is that these rewards need to be good otherwise GA will be a ghost town.