Just bring him back sheesh... you’ll make more money if you do it now

Prev1
Honestly the logic behind delaying revan is just terrible. This was the biggest cash grab they have ever done and ever since all anyone wanted for Christmas or even birthdays was a big fat delicious box filled with G12 revanie goodness. Delaying him means more time for prep and less panic buying or farming and in turn making it just a flop for second run profits... and we know they are not afraid to show they want money. Delaying till end of feb... what a joke then everyone will have time to get him. March? Just give him away for free sheesh. Not releasing him sooner rather then empty EA pockets later makes 0 sense.

Replies

• Cruel Greed / Extortion Arts hates us.
    All we are capable of is to hate them too.
    Welcome to the club.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Cruel Greed / Extortion Arts hates us.
    Welcome to the club.

calling them greedy is not really on par with the "earn more money if you release him now" sentiment of the OP...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Welcome to the club.

Anyone wanting energy hating them, should probably find a new hobby (or whatever you call this), because I'm pretty sure the point of doing this is to have fun.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Welcome to the club.

Anyone wanting energy hating them, should probably find a new hobby (or whatever you call this), because I'm pretty sure the point of doing this is to have fun.

telling people to stop playing is against the forum guidelines. Please proceed with giving yourself a 0pt warning. thank you.
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    leef wrote: »
    telling people to stop playing is against the forum guidelines. Please proceed with giving yourself a 0pt warning. thank you.
    It's not, actually. He adressed me only, not everybody around. The "dont" you mean says: "Threads telling people to quit, to stop spending on the game or to lower their review scores".
    calling them greedy is not really on par with the "earn more money if you release him now" sentiment of the OP...
    Fair point, but I assume that they have a better plan - something like releasing even higher paywall counter, or raising a difficulty of this event (they've placed a few new gear types and other stuff like that in stores and they are also releasing a packs that are buyable for real cash, right?). Or, maybe, they'll even nerf him. I don't know. He's still not around, and that smells bad.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    It's not, actually. He adressed me only, not everybody around. The "dont" you mean says: "Threads telling people to quit, to stop spending on the game or to lower their review scores".
    You just earned yourself a 0pt warning aswell.
    "Chat about moderation. Our moderators are here to keep this place happy and helpful for everyone. Discussing the way they do things is not okay."
  • They can always make unlocking him this time around requiring G12+ equipment, 6* speed mods of minimum +20 speed on each, and fully zetaed characters the aboslute minimum, taking well over a hundred times.
  • I don't understand the OP. First he complains that CG is cash grabbing, then he's not happy if CG delays the return of Revan and gives him away for free.

Just no way to win this one.
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Fair point. But I was having fun, before JKR was held off.
    @Kyno - since you're not just some random troll, I will be sincere. I'm being a fan of Star Wars Universe for like thirty years. Lost count for all times I've walked through KoTOR 1-2. I was also impersonating Revan on a few live action role playing games. Got the custom IRL suit. Partially 3D-printed, with some parts designed by myself with Rhinoceros. I could tell a lot more, but I believe that you've got the point. I only started playing this game when I saw the Old Republic toons there. If not to count SWGOH, I'm not into mobile gaming at all.
    I could've told a lot more, but I believe that's enough to understand how deep I am into the Old Republic and why am I so frustrated now.
    Since I'm a part of the community and, sometimes, a customer, then why should I be silent if something that developers are doing (or not) frustrates me that much? Where else can I leave a feedback, knowing that I will be heared? Mostly by some random people, some of which will try to troll me, but still with a slight chance that someone not that random will at least note that.
    Maybe I'm not always acting appropriate, or being childish or impatient or anything, but that's still a feedback. I only have one point, and I'm making that point clear in pretty much every my new message at this forum for this is the only thing that concerns me enough so far. Bring. JKR event. Back. That's constructive enough, I think. What's the harm in that, as long as I don't violate any rules?
  • Cruel Greed / Extortion Arts hates us.
    Welcome to the club.

This is constructive?
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Huatimus wrote: »
    This is constructive?
    It makes obvious that I'm not happy that JKR event still haven't returned.
    How much more constructive could I be in that?

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    This is constructive?

you my friend are hilarious. I'm not sure if you're serious or sarcastic, but either option is hilarious in it's own way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Fair point. But I was having fun, before JKR was held off.
    Kyno - since you're not just some random troll, I will be sincere. I'm being a fan of Star Wars Universe for like thirty years. Lost count for all times I've walked through KoTOR 1-2. I was also impersonating Revan on a few live action role playing games. Got the custom IRL suit. Partially 3D-printed, with some parts designed by myself with Rhinoceros. I could tell a lot more, but I believe that you've got the point. I only started playing this game when I saw the Old Republic toons there. If not to count SWGOH, I'm not into mobile gaming at all.
    I could've told a lot more, but I believe that's enough to understand how deep I am into the Old Republic and why am I so frustrated now.
    Since I'm a part of the community and, sometimes, a customer, then why should I be silent if something that developers are doing (or not) frustrates me that much? Where else can I leave a feedback, knowing that I will be heared? Mostly by some random people, some of which will try to troll me, but still with a slight chance that someone not that random will at least note that.
    Maybe I'm not always acting appropriate, or being childish or impatient or anything, but that's still a feedback. I only have one point, and I'm making that point clear in pretty much every my new message at this forum for this is the only thing that concerns me enough so far. Bring. JKR event. Back. That's constructive enough, I think. What's the harm in that, as long as I don't violate any rules?

Held off?
    You mean from a projected wait period that you assumed and now are "upset" they didnt adhere to?

Silent, no of course not, but "hatred" due to a timeline that is not stated? That seems like a misdirection of energy and assumed responsibility.

That's great that you are passionate about this, but there is a point where the direction of that emotion at someone else becomes less than reasonable.

There is nothing wrong with asking for it to come back, but there is no timeline or statement they are "violating" by this event not returning yet, it is also not at the maximum number of days that the closest style of event was at, and it could be longer, who knows, but that doesnt in any way need to be met with hatred no matter how passionately you would like to see it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This is constructive?

Since what you posted there is not constructive at all, and could be considered dev bashing (which is against the Forum Guidelines), I would have to say that you could be at least 100% more helpful and constructive in regards to this conversation. But that's just IMHO.
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Silent, no of course not, but "hatred" due to a timeline that is not stated? That seems like a misdirection of energy and assumed responsibility.
    Time was not officially stated, yes. But since the usual delay between legendary events is around three months - a lot of people expected JKR event in January. It has nothing to do with swgohevents. Lot of people put an effort in bringing required toons to the required quality. When people put an effort in anything, they naturally want this effort to be rewarded.
    After all, I believe that none of us acts perfectly appropriate when it comes for situations of our special concern, like a great deal of time spent, for example.
    Since what you posted there is not constructive at all ..., I would have to say that you could be at least 100% more helpful and constructive in regards to this conversation. But that's just IMHO.
    Allright. Maybe I just don't get it, and you may explain something.
    So, petitions are forbidden. Calling out officials is forbidden. Boycotts are forbidden. Suggestions to leave the game or lower the review scores are forbidden. Also, this case is not a bug that can be reported.
    Let's say there's a group of people who aren't happy with that situation. What is the constructive way to make developers know about it? Is there any?
    and could be considered dev bashing (which is against the Forum Guidelines),
    Well, yeah. I have no athority around here, so if anyone will want to ban me, the reason can always be made even out of a clean air. I understand that. And since I am only here for the purpose that "could be considered dev bashing", I think I will just accept that - as long as I don't see any "constructive way" of fulfilling it so far anyway...
  • The way EA does things is definitely designed to make money, but they also want to keep that money and ensure more comes in.

This means they need to not only have events that make people want to spend money, but they need to give a healthy amount of time after new releases to make sure they are respecting people's investments.

Hero's Journey characters shouldn't be expected to come back for the 2nd time after 3 months. Not a one has yet. To start by doing it with the one that had the largest overall investment so far would be NOT respecting people's investments.

If they brought it back any time before February it would have been a very very very very very unwise decision.
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    you my friend are hilarious. I'm not sure if you're serious or sarcastic, but either option is hilarious in it's own way.
    Gah, why not both? Like, how can't you be serious about something you've put that much time into? From the other side, how can't you be sarcastic and self-ironic if all you can do is to whine all over some internet forum?)
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Like I said in every other thread about when it's coming back: Don't expect any Hero's Journey to take less than 4 months for the 2nd appearance.

Their stated return cadence for OLD (appeared more than 2x) legendaries is 2-3 months.

Their stated return cadence for OLD Journey characters (appeared more than 2x) is 3-4 months.

For NEW Journey/Legendary characters (not the same thing Journey and Legendary) the time will be longer.

So 4 months is the minimum we've ever seen the 2nd appearance of a Journey character, and Don't confuse Journey characters with Legendaries. They have entirely different standards.
  • Commander Luke came back 140 days and Jedi Training Rey was 90 days from their first appearance to their second coming.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Time was not officially stated, yes. But since the usual delay between legendary events is around three months - a lot of people expected JKR event in January. It has nothing to do with swgohevents. Lot of people put an effort in bringing required toons to the required quality. When people put an effort in anything, they naturally want this effort to be rewarded.
    After all, I believe that none of us acts perfectly appropriate when it comes for situations of our special concern, like a great deal of time spent, for example.
    Since what you posted there is not constructive at all ..., I would have to say that you could be at least 100% more helpful and constructive in regards to this conversation. But that's just IMHO.
    Allright. Maybe I just don't get it, and you may explain something.
    So, petitions are forbidden. Calling out officials is forbidden. Boycotts are forbidden. Suggestions to leave the game or lower the review scores are forbidden. Also, this case is not a bug that can be reported.
    Let's say there's a group of people who aren't happy with that situation. What is the constructive way to make developers know about it? Is there any?
    and could be considered dev bashing (which is against the Forum Guidelines),
    Well, yeah. I have no athority around here, so if anyone will want to ban me, the reason can always be made even out of a clean air. I understand that. And since I am only here for the purpose that "could be considered dev bashing", I think I will just accept that - as long as I don't see any "constructive way" of fulfilling it so far anyway...

If you are ready for the event when it comes back, you will be rewarded, again being "upset" that it didn't come back when you wanted it to is not a reason to blame anyone else, it is your assumption.

He is at 95 days, so everyone was expecting him to come back in the early side of the average, that's great, maybe the dev team figured that such an impactful toon deserved some prep time to make sure a wider cross section can get him the second time around. That would seem like a good thing for the community.
    Do you really think that to leave constructive feedback you need to call people names? That is what you are doing.

Constructive feedback can be positive or negative and takes many forms. Non constructive feedback can also take many forms and can be found all over the forum, both positive and negative, without violating the Forum Guidelines, so I'm not sure what I can explain to you.
    If you cant see any constructive way to express yourself, I suggest you work on being more creative, others have done it. I have faith in you.
  • Technically Revan is an "Ancient Journey" and the only one of its kind so we do not have a precedent set.

Yet.
  • Revan will return when they are ready. Could be next week. Could be next month. No one knows. But there will always be those that aren't ready who will spend. There are some that start the game and spend on jtr or cls still because they don't want to wait another 3 or 4 months.

Those that want to be ready have had plenty of time but I've seen some posts suggesting that getting ready too early is wasting reasources. I'm sure some of them put other priorities first. So whether they think it'll be March and it comes in Feb or if they think Feb and it comes at the end of this month, there will be some that aren't ready. There are always some that aren't ready.

So I don't think the timing of the event's return affect the money spent to the extent the op suggests.

My guess is that we'll have revan return around the time the last two or toons are released as farmable to encourage more spending and to make it harder to be ready for the next meta toon (likely darth revan or darth malak) because many will be trying to finish revan. Then a week or two after revan returns the new toon comes.

So I'm guessing it'll be the first week of feb for revan and the last week of feb for darth revan/darth malak.

• So, petitions are forbidden. Calling out officials is forbidden. Boycotts are forbidden. Suggestions to leave the game or lower the review scores are forbidden. Also, this case is not a bug that can be reported.
    People are free to come onto the forums and make a post that says, "I'm not happy about this thing (for x reasons)."
    Everything else is simply grandstanding.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • They won't make money with Revan anymore. This delay allowed us f2p to get ready for free.
  • Forget JK Revan, he is in the past already. I have been ready since November and I just don't care for him anymore, my focus is on Sith from now on, all that will matter within the next months.

Once more the Sith will rule the game...And we shall have peace.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Forget JK Revan, he is in the past already. I have been ready since November and I just don't care for him anymore, my focus is on Sith from now on, all that will matter within the next months.

Once more the Sith will rule the game...And we shall have peace.

Pretty sure there is a saying about eggs and a basket, but at least you have a plan.
  • Commander Luke came back 140 days and Jedi Training Rey was 90 days from their first appearance to their second coming.

JTR was on an early release cadence so 90 days is most definitely not the norm and should be discounted from the analysis. The closest comparison is CLS which is approximately 5 months. My own guesstimate will be approximately 4 months at the end of February after JKR is no longer meta.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I hope revan comes back asap but this thread. I mean...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Woodroward wrote: »
    This means they need to not only have events that make people want to spend money, but they need to give a healthy amount of time after new releases to make sure they are respecting people's investments.
    Look at the top of the Arena. It's filled with Revans. 51-100 prize is 100 crystals per day. Top prize is 500 crystals. My guess is that most Revan users are getting somewhat around 150 crystals per day, at least. For 95 days, it's 14 250 crystals already. And even if JKR event will be brought back tomorrow, these guys will keep getting a profit for at least two weeks. Ain't that enough for "respecting investments"?
    BucMan55 wrote: »
    Technically Revan is an "Ancient Journey" and the only one of its kind so we do not have a precedent set.

Yet.
    Do you even know that Knights of the Old Republic events took place almost 4000 years BBY?
    Post edited by Revan_Presence on
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    If you are ready for the event when it comes back, you will be rewarded
    In case if developers won't decide to
    1. Raise event difficulty
    2. Release buyable gear packs
    Both, in sum, designed to repeat that cash grab on JKR hysteria.
    He is at 95 days, so everyone was expecting him to come back in the early side of the average, that's great, maybe the dev team figured that such an impactful toon deserved some prep time to make sure a wider cross section can get him the second time around. That would seem like a good thing for the community.
    Looks more like they're trying to figure out how to make a second Forced Cash Drain. I've heard some rumors on new gear tier, new levelcap etc...
    For now, JKR tops every other legendary in [ usability of required characters / total farm length / usability of legendary character itself ]. That gives new players like myself a good shortcut into the "Major League", meaning heroic sith raid and other stuff like that. An opportuinty to skip millenia of farming JTR through BB-8, CLS through R2-D2, nightsisters and etc. Some people are saying "git gud". Yeah, right. To git gud, I needz gear. From sith raid, because I've never seen any good drop from two other raids in my entire SWGOH lifetime. To "git gud" with gear from sith raid kinda takes completing him more than once per month. Which takes being in a good raiding guild. Which takes having a good legendaries for a sith raid. Which takes millenia to farm and gear up. Where is the fun in that? Like - if I'm not playing this game since release, then I have to wait a year before game will maybe start being more entertaining?
    again being "upset" that it didn't come back when you wanted it to is not a reason to blame anyone else, it is your assumption
    Somewhere around previous JKR event I had to decide whether I'm farming for him or I'm finishing my Phoenix team. I've decided to put all my effort into JKR, and because of that I have no 7* legenadaries while I was prety much able to get 7* Palpatine and 7* Thrawn and, through them, 7* R2-D2, probably. Isn't that a good reason for being upset?
    Is that my fault?
    I think not. In the game where progression takes huge time and good planning, how the hell am I supposed to plan anything as long as events may come, or they may not, or they can be "held off" any time, or "pushed forward" with other events like the rumored release of JKR hard counter, or whatever might be other ways to mess with all the planning?
    Do you really think that to leave constructive feedback you need to call people names? That is what you are doing.
    The concept of constructive feedback implies that it will be heard. Otherwise, it's not a feedback. For now, I have no reason to think that people I'm speaking about are hearing me, whether am I constructive or not.
    If they did, of course I wouldn't behave like that.
    If you cant see any constructive way to express yourself, I suggest you work on being more creative, others have done it. I have faith in you.
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    People are free to come onto the forums and make a post that says, "I'm not happy about this thing (for x reasons)."
    Everything else is simply grandstanding.
    Do devs read feedback forum?
This discussion has been closed.