Please slow down the PvP event changes.

Last fall (18 months ago), you guys completely changed your plans for TB and TW scheduling because people had issues with the increase in game time needed....

I like the recent changes to pvp events. I like GA. I like changing what is good for TW. What I don't like is something changing every event. In the last week I've completely remodded 3 times (over 400 mods each time) which has been ~2hours for each of the last TWs and this GA. The amount of time bump from TB/TW last fall pales in comparison to what I've been doing for the past week.

I'm not sure if you recognize that every time you change from the standard 5v5, mods can be optimized for that change and for those near the top end, those mod changes are pretty much a requirement and a time-suck. Remodding is always a time-suck, and when we used to run TW 4 times a month, I would remod twice a month. I accepted that as something I wanted to do to stay competitive. Remodding 3 times in 8 days is too much.

This needs to slow down some or you're going to burn people out... We need consistency for at least 2 weeks at a time.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    +1

I slacked with my remodding between the two TWs last week, simply because it took too much time doing it every other day.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    -1 TW sucks, change it every time.

Also you are in the minority changing your mods so often, and it wasn't really necessary with this last TW anyway.
  • You are not supposed to remod all the t8me, you are supposed to have sets for each char,.. . , remodding constantly is a personal preference/issue, not a game issue.
  • You are not supposed to remod all the t8me, you are supposed to have sets for each char,.. . , remodding constantly is a personal preference/issue, not a game issue.

'winning is a personal preference/issue, not a game issue'
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    You are not supposed to remod all the t8me, you are supposed to have sets for each char,.. . , remodding constantly is a personal preference/issue, not a game issue.

Your statement is both correct and irrelevant. Mods were never designed to be swapped around all the time. That's why there is a credit cost to remove them, and why it took so long to get loadouts in game.

Winning does not require remodding constantly, Thanks for trying

Completely agree that remodding isn't required for lower guilds. Near the top (which is what I said), it's an imperative.

If you aren't playing in the top ~20, I don't expect you to necessarily understand what is required to win at that level. Attacking the fact that I remod when the game mechanics change proves it.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    You are not supposed to remod all the t8me, you are supposed to have sets for each char,.. . , remodding constantly is a personal preference/issue, not a game issue.

Completely agree that remodding isn't required for lower guilds. Near the top (which is what I said), it's an imperative.

If you aren't playing in the top ~20, I don't expect you to necessarily understand what is required to win at that level. Attacking the fact that I remod when the game mechanics change proves it.

The bolded largely invalidates your arguments. The top 20 are a tiny minority of the player base. Slowing things down may keep them from burning out, but will possibly make everyone else quit from boredom.
  • origDeathfly
    127 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    By top 20, I meant guilds... I understand that's only 1000 people, but I'm sure there are others outside of that number that work hard to play competitively.

Keep in mind, EA/CG is a business. The loss of members of the top guilds also represents the loss of revenue. Those players didn't get there by being ftp.

While the number of players is relatively small, I would expect that the revenue is exponentially proportional to a player's GAF factor ... the more someone is moving mods to be competitive, the higher I would expect their GAF.

Like I said, I don't expect you to understand... and with that I don't have any reason to respond to you further.

Nothing’s been attacked laddie, you just do you tho.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    By top 20, I meant guilds... I understand that's only 1000 people, but I'm sure there are others outside of that number that work hard to play competitively.

Keep in mind, EA/CG is a business. The loss of members of the top guilds also represents the loss of revenue. Those players didn't get there by being ftp.

While the number of players is relatively small, I would expect that the revenue is exponentially proportional to a player's GAF factor ... the more someone is moving mods to be competitive, the higher I would expect their GAF.

They probably make more money from new whales than established players. Those top 20 guilds don't *need* to spend money on anything. Being that competitive means they always have a crystal stockpile to do whatever.
    Like I said, I don't expect you to understand... and with that I don't have any reason to respond to you further.

No, I understand. You seem to not understand that your way is not the only way, nor is it the way mods were intended to be used. Don't respond if you don't want to, but realize that from a business standpoint, you will do what makes the most customers happy while making money. Mod swapping is so far from the norm, that it took almost 2 full years to get even the rudimentary management tools that we have now.