Am I the only one who is very disappointed at end game?

Prev13
Hey everyone, I am very disappointed at the way this game has turned out. I have found that the end game is basically dominated by 3 teams. Palpatine lead, Darth, Thrawn, Scion, (insert random emipre), Bastilla Shan lead, GMY, CLS, Old Ben, (insert random Jedi), and Nightsisters. These three dominate squad arena, Grand Arena...they have use in the repetitive, boring raids (does anyone enjoy the Sith raid???) (Rancor is the only fun one due to the use of door switch, would love to see more of that).

I was farming gear and I noticed that I have 15 level 1 characters that now have 5-7 stars but no use for so haven't bothered putting any time or money into them. Tell me, what is Rose used for? What about Jyn Erso? Is there any real use for Alaya Secura? How about the recently released Juhani? I have a fully tricked out BH team with Jango Fett (again, rarely used) in back up along with Boba Fett, Greedo, Bossk, IG-88, and Cad Bane.

I have my Sith team, Empire team, Jedi team and am finishing a Night sister team.

Why add all the other useless characters that have no meaning in the final say?

Replies

• Degs29
    361 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Er, those aren't the three teams dominating MY arena. I have Revan Jedi, CLS Rebels and Traya Sith in there.

I think a big part of the problem is the pace with which they're releasing toons, without giving them a useful utility aside from being required to unlock an actually useful toon.
  • Sounds like you are nowhere near endgame
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Mark2theb wrote: »
    Tell me, what is Rose used for? What about Jyn Erso? Is there any real use for Alaya Secura? How about the recently released Juhani? I have a fully tricked out BH team with Jango Fett (again, rarely used) in back up along with Boba Fett, Greedo, Bossk, IG-88, and Cad Bane.

I have my Sith team, Empire team, Jedi team and am finishing a Night sister team.

Jyn Erso is useful in LS TB. Aayla Secura is good for a second Jedi team. Once you get Jedi Knight Revan, you should be able to field two meta Jedi teams one with Aayla. Works great in GA and TW. Juhani has a good kit and is useful as Jedi / OR team. Rose Tico is a statement to the game toon -- Its a way to drop the F word to the game by placing her as a leader in arena when quitting the game
  • Those are not “endgame” squads.
    Ooba hutar.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    There's more to this game than just arena, but i agree that endgame arena is rather boring as far as diversity goes. Staying on top/ahead of the curve is somewhat enjoyable, but other than that it's just a way to obtain crystals.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Pretty much what Ghost said.

EP and Bast leads aren't end-game in arena.

I don't know anyone close to end game that actually plays HPIT. Sith raid can be fun once you have teams that don't wilt under the first barrage.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • You have a way to go to end game if you're at 4 squads.

At the end, traya has replaced ep as the meta team if you don't have revan. There are some toons worse than others. Aalya is a dated character. Jyn has some uses but is also dated.

Aalya can be used in a jedi b-team. A jyn led ro team can be decent.
  • So it's even narrower than I thought?
  • Aalya can be used in a jedi b-team. A jyn led ro team can be decent.
    zJyn/Chaze as a 3v3 defense team is pretty rad.
    Still not a he.
  • Mark2theb wrote: »
    So it's even narrower than I thought?

For squad arena? Yeah. Never understood the mindset that considered arena the entirety of the game.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I mean, in my current shard there are 5 types of teams. (I've been playing for almost 3 years now, and my shard is pretty old)

Jedi with Revan
    Sith with Traya
    Rebels with CLS/c3p0/chewbacca/han
    Nightsisters
    Resistance with RJT/C3P0 or Finn/C3P0

There is diversity in the game, especially with GW, TW, and GA. TW and GA are the most fun game modes too.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Aalya can be used in a jedi b-team. A jyn led ro team can be decent.
    zJyn/Chaze as a 3v3 defense team is pretty rad.

I know. I don't have baze though and at this point he's not good enough to warrant the hard node farm.

Right now there's finishing up ships for the last star for falcoln. And dark bastilla. And finishing range trooper when I have time. Then there will be other toons needed for the new meta put on a hard node.

So even at end game it's just not meta enough to be worth the long farm to me.

But for those that farmed the chaze meta way back when, that is a good team to use.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Hey everyone, I am very disappointed at the way this game has turned out. I have found that the end game is basically dominated by 3 teams.
    Ahhh, newbies. For most of the life of this game, there was 1 team that dominated the meta (it changed over time but there was always that 1 meta team at any given time)....be glad there are multiple ones to choose from nowadays...and like someone else mentioned, the top meta teams aren't any of the 3 you mentioned.
    I was farming gear and I noticed that I have 15 level 1 characters that now have 5-7 stars but no use for so haven't bothered putting any time or money into them. Tell me, what is Rose used for? What about Jyn Erso? Is there any real use for Alaya Secura? How about the recently released Juhani?

First of all, you shouldn't put resources into characters you aren't going to use. So that's fine. But a lot of the characters weren't around a couple of years ago....so certain characters that were more useful before got passed up eventually by the newer characters. No one will probably put up an argument for using Rose, lol, but she was part of the Last Jedi character releases...they release groups of faction characters based around certain SW events but they aren't all going to be winners, ha.

Jyn has use because she's the only Rogue One character with a lead and you need Rogue One characters for certain battles in particular phases of the Territory Battles. She's also useful in Territory Wars and Grand Arena because she is a solid leader for a defensive Rebels team, one of her specials revives Rebels and the other special stuns and strips Turn Meter. I use her a lot for mop-up duty on offense in those game modes because she can lock up a pesky character you need to take down. That Rancor raid that you enjoy? Most of us players that have been around awhile solo that raid with one team on auto in about 10 minutes. We don't even bother playing that raid....Jyn is on my team that solos that raid quickly because she strips the Turn Meter of the Raid Boss. So I use her every Rancor Raid, even though there are several teams that can solo that raid on auto quickly now...but she could be a lot of help to someone just getting near the point of being able to solo that raid.

As for Aayla, she's been in the game since the early days when there were half as many Jedi as there are now....but for someone like me that has her geared up from a long time ago, she's got a very good plug and play kit that can fit on any Jedi team - she calls assist, stuns, counter-attacks and self-heals plus has a crit chance boost. I use her all the time on my secondary Jedi team for Territory Wars and Grand Arena. In fact, I won a round in the last GA because my defensive Jedi team held, Bastila and Aayla were the last 2 standing. Juhani has a really interesting looking kit and will probably fit with many types of Jedi teams...most people at the higher levels of the game use 2 Jedi teams for things like TW and GA...but she also hasn't even become farmable yet so we haven't really seen how much potential she has yet.... and like the earlier characters from KOTOR were with unlocking Jedi Revan, she will most likely be needed to unlock Darth Malak or Darth Revan soon...and that will be a meta character.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Hey everyone, I am very disappointed at the way this game has turned out. I have found that the end game is basically dominated by 3 teams. Palpatine lead, Darth, Thrawn, Scion, (insert random emipre), Bastilla Shan lead, GMY, CLS, Old Ben, (insert random Jedi), and Nightsisters. These three dominate squad arena, Grand Arena...they have use in the repetitive, boring raids (does anyone enjoy the Sith raid???) (Rancor is the only fun one due to the use of door switch, would love to see more of that).

I was farming gear and I noticed that I have 15 level 1 characters that now have 5-7 stars but no use for so haven't bothered putting any time or money into them. Tell me, what is Rose used for? What about Jyn Erso? Is there any real use for Alaya Secura? How about the recently released Juhani? I have a fully tricked out BH team with Jango Fett (again, rarely used) in back up along with Boba Fett, Greedo, Bossk, IG-88, and Cad Bane.

First, those are not end game metas.

Second, I'm in a very creative shard, so I see a lot of these toons you say are useless at their best. It can stop metas in their tracks, at least until everyone figures how to get around it. Which is how all metas work.

Rose can double crit and stun, so can make jtr really annoying on defense.
    Jyn on a cls line can revive everyone if she's ignored.
    Secura can easily stun an entire team like dooku, and fits well with either bastilla or revan. Really great.
    Juhani is like a reverse gk, and I expect her to be annoying when more ppl have her.
    Jango lead with Boba and cad can literally 3 man any meta palp variation if modded right.
    Clone war chewy can even be useful with solo scoundrels for the super defensive lead.

Point is..
    Almost any toon can be useful in the right line, if you account for every interaction.
  • Mark2theb,

It sounds like you are primarily arena-minded, but this game is so much more than arena. Territory Wars, Territory Battle and Grand Arena are where all of "the other" characters really shine. Then of course, there are the Raids, but I find that those events are dominated by the familiar top shelf characters.

If you're not actively participating in these events, you really should. First of all, they are mostly important guild activities, and any good guild really depends on the active participation and growth of it's members. Second, this game at heart is meant to be a team game, and I'd say that without that team dynamic, my guild's best and most active players, including myself, would not be playing this game, as it it holds much less interest without team play.

There are a slew of YouTuber's videos on "the other" characters and how they best fit into the game. For instance, there are more common factions such as Imperial Troopers, First Order and Rogue One who have no business in Arena, but they serve tremendous roles in GA, TW and TB. But beyond that, I can think of at least a dozen other fringe character sets that people have demo'd (Urzatron is great for showcasing the forgotten and forsaken!) to show what other options are open if you're intent on mixing up the bag a bit.

Everything out there's not going to be a winner for the community (we all have our top 10 or 20!), but even some of the more popular characters won't be everyone's cup of tea. If you don't like a character for some reason, and it doesn't have a clear path to something else, don't invest in it, it's as simple as that. The absolute best players I know really only focus on as narrow a roster as possible to create the highest quality teams possible.

However, I'll add that this game's development trend has been toward putting out a lot of content recently that doesn't have clear utilization or viability, only to require them for marquees and legendaries, so keep that in mind. Also, we all got a crash course in working with the dregs of the roster when we were all recently robbed of very significant team synergy pieces last week, and I think (begrudgingly), it won't be the last time we have to cobble together a few "broken" teams. I don't think that you can discount anything on the roster at this point... even Rose Tico.
  • What these guys said!
    Plus - Jyn is part of Cassians flight crew and that ship is really useful right now.
    Also:..Rose...could be needed for the next leg of Rey’s journey.
  • Yes. Yes you are the ONLY one upset with this game. Its awesome and I love every part of it!
    So it's even narrower than I thought?

For squad arena? Yeah. Never understood the mindset that considered arena the entirety of the game.

First day here?
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    What these guys said!
    Plus - Jyn is part of Cassians flight crew and that ship is really useful right now.
    Also:..Rose...could be needed for the next leg of Rey’s journey.

You probably dont see her doing much in the movie, Rose actually is a solid char to any resistance team (finn or jtr).
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    Rose...could be needed for the next leg of Rey’s journey.

Please don't throw that into the universe.

How about the recently released Juhani?

xy5eatq6e3n6.jpg

Took down a full g12 bastilla jedi in the last TW
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sounds like you are nowhere near endgame

This sounds fairly accurate.

Would you mind describing what you consider end game and where you are at to meet that?
  • Kyno wrote: »

Would you mind describing what you consider end game and where you are at to meet that?

I would hazard a guess that he is referring to Arena alone, top 50 or so.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I would hazard a guess that he is referring to Arena alone, top 50 or so.

Maybe, but then isnt end game being 1. Not just hitting top 50.
  • Just think of the arena teams like rock, paper, scissors. End game is Revan, CLS, and Traya leads.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

U are in the early game
  • Some really good and very diplomatic reponses here (not sure what Kyno culled lol), the game, especially arena, is more balanced than ever, best thing you can do is make sure your in a guild with like minded people with the same goals, if you do that you won't view arena as your primary source of loot, and you'll be much happier.
  • The only endgame I have come into contact in this game or *any* other is boredom.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    How about the recently released Juhani?

xy5eatq6e3n6.jpg

abir2r8msehj.jpg

That is a beautiful squad and I envy you.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • Sounds like you are nowhere near endgame

LMAO!!!!