I don't get the whole p2w situation...

Replies

• For all those saying the OT Falcon is no big deal:

My galactic power is 2.5 million, and 1.25 million of it is ships. I started this game about 2 years ago, and I’ve worked super hard to level all my ships and pilots to get a shot at finishing in top 10.. and up until the OT Falcon was released, I had accomplished that. (My best finish is 4th) and now suddenly, because tons of players now have a 7 star HT and a 7 star OT Falcon, I essentially have ZERO CHANCE at even cracking the top 10. This to me, seems really unfair. At the time of this posting, OT Falcon is in the front lineup for 3 out of the 5 top spots in ship arena, and is likely hidden in reinforcements for some of the others.

So, as many of you sit smugly berating OP for his post, I suspect that you either:

A) own the OT Falcon, so you’re fine with it being OP.

or

B) don’t really care about ship combat

The fact is: for SOME people, the OT Falcon breaks the balance in the game. Not everyone has been playing since launch, or has the resources (time/money/etc) to be able to farm everything the game throws at you. The reason we love this game, is the how fun it is based on the sophistication of balance. Dumping the OT Falcon in there really caters only to pay to winners, and long term players. The middle group that struggles to get there is cut out of the winners circle now until they introduce a proper counter- whether it’s bringing in another ship, or nerfing the Falcon.

That’s just the way it is. So, try not to be so smug, and if you don’t care about ship combat, then don’t make irritating comments. OP is voicing a fair and accurate point of view for many of us.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    For all those saying the OT Falcon is no big deal:

My galactic power is 2.5 million, and 1.25 million of it is ships. I started this game about 2 years ago, and I’ve worked super hard to level all my ships and pilots to get a shot at finishing in top 10.. and up until the OT Falcon was released, I had accomplished that. (My best finish is 4th) and now suddenly, because tons of players now have a 7 star HT and a 7 star OT Falcon, I essentially have ZERO CHANCE at even cracking the top 10. This to me, seems really unfair. At the time of this posting, OT Falcon is in the front lineup for 3 out of the 5 top spots in ship arena, and is likely hidden in reinforcements for some of the others.

So, as many of you sit smugly berating OP for his post, I suspect that you either:

or

The fact is: for SOME people, the OT Falcon breaks the balance in the game. Not everyone has been playing since launch, or has the resources (time/money/etc) to be able to farm everything the game throws at you. The reason we love this game, is the how fun it is based on the sophistication of balance. Dumping the OT Falcon in there really caters only to pay to winners, and long term players. The middle group that struggles to get there is cut out of the winners circle now until they introduce a proper counter- whether it’s bringing in another ship, or nerfing the Falcon.

That’s just the way it is. So, try not to be so smug, and if you don’t care about ship combat, then don’t make irritating comments. OP is voicing a fair and accurate point of view for many of us.

If you can't beat it, you don't deserve #1.
    unfair if you can't crack top10, lol. What about those other 10k players on your leaderboard? Should they be able to beat your team aswell even if they don't have the ships necessary to do so?
    fwiw, i'm both A and B. Don't give a fudge about fleet, but i do have the falcon unlocked.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Zippy_3000 wrote: »

My GP is 2.5M, my ships are about 1.2. I've been playing just over a year. I've lived in fleet since I got access to ships. I took top spots before, and when falcon was announced I already had boba 7, ht 7, xb 6. Just needed to get ig up and got HMF at 5*. It makes battles shorter, but it's not an instant-win button.

As others have said, getting from 3* to 5* in the time given was not an impossible task unless you refused to dedicate the resources to farming.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • leef wrote: »

unfair if you can't crack top10, lol. What about those other 10k players on your leaderboard? Should they be able to beat your team aswell even if they don't have the ships necessary to do so?
    fwiw, i'm both A and B. Don't give a fudge about fleet, but i do have the falcon unlocked.

Oh, okay. So everyone who is complaining is just wrong. You’re right, it’s not OP. It’s 100 percent just a normal ship, and putting in your line up makes no difference at all. That’s why this is a huge post, and the OT Falcon is suddenly in most of the top player’s line ups.

By the way, if u don’t care about ship combat, why are you here? Just to tell everyone who feels frustrated that the sudden addition of a game-breaking ship given (basically) to p2win players that they SHOULDN’T feel frustrated?
  • Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Oh, okay. So everyone who is complaining is just wrong. You’re right, it’s not OP. It’s 100 percent just a normal ship, and putting in your line up makes no difference at all. That’s why this is a huge post, and the OT Falcon is suddenly in most of the top player’s line ups.

By the way, if u don’t care about ship combat, why are you here? Just to tell everyone who feels frustrated that the sudden addition of a game-breaking ship given (basically) to p2win players that they SHOULDN’T feel frustrated?

I have 1.5 mill GP, 680k being ships, and played for about 10 months. I unlocked it at 6* without spending money. If you didn’t, it's because you prioritized otherwise. You say you leveled "all" your ships, which apparently means all except for the necessary ones. The game has been like this forever, and it won't stop being like this: you can not top either arena just because you want to or feel entitled to, you need to earn it.
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Players had ample opportunity to at least unlock ****. There was plenty of hinting for some time of the OT **** event and the ships which would be required if you heeded the information provided on the forums, reddit, youtube blogs and offline chats.

And yes, it was very achievable without pouring a cent into it.
  • Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Players had ample opportunity to at least unlock ****. There was plenty of hinting for some time of the OT **** event and the ships which would be required if you heeded the information provided on the forums, reddit, youtube blogs and offline chats.

Hhm so everyone should be active in Reddit, forum and YouTube in order to keep up with the game? What if they are not aware? Does that automatically disqualifies them from wanting to stay competitive without spending hundreds of dollars each time the devs decide to "hint"something in the forums?
  • leef wrote: »
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »

or

So you will blame people for not being able to beat a ship that dispels AND calls assists on basic, with a rebel tag which synergizes with a capital ship that gives exorbitant amount of protection to ships who attack off assists. A buff that makes it untargetable even if all other of it's allies are under stealth. Which makes it a "ghost" ship essentially that you're always forced to kill last. On top of that, it's got one of the highest health pools which makes it impossible to take out before it gains the buff that forces you to ignore it while it's out there.

This ships is designed to be unbeatable except from a player who has the same ship in their line up. Anyone who fails to see it is simply unreasonable and a liar. But honestly if you find a way to reliably beat it without using it then feel free to share it with us, I'd be ecstatic to find out how. If you can't prove it can be done perhaps you need to lay off the assertions

Hhm so everyone should be active in Reddit, forum and YouTube in order to keep up with the game? What if they are not aware? Does that automatically disqualifies them from wanting to stay competitive without spending hundreds of dollars each time the devs decide to "hint"something in the forums?

That depends on how you want to play the game. If you are casual then by no means should you have to follow reddit, YouTube and their ilk as your playstyle need not be influenced by others. If you are a collector and choose not to be competitive, following hints will at least allow for an unlock thus fulfilling that collectible item. If you are competitive then following hints on all sites gives you the best chance of anticipating meta shifts and unlocking meta toons or ships at their maximum potential.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"

Actually unless you refresh the nodes and spend an additional 320 energy daily on those two ships then you couldn't have gotten them 5 stars since they became farmable.
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »

That depends on how you want to play the game. If you are casual then by no means should you have to follow reddit, YouTube and their ilk as your playstyle need not be influenced by others. If you are a collector and choose not to be competitive, following hints will at least allow for an unlock thus fulfilling that collectible item. If you are competitive then following hints on all sites gives you the best chance of anticipating meta shifts and unlocking meta toons or ships at their maximum potential.

Well sure but you can't say that it's fair to all players they should pick on on obscure hits from forums in order to have a shot at competing with others.

Actually unless you refresh the nodes and spend an additional 320 energy daily on those two ships then you couldn't have gotten them 5 stars since they became farmable.

Close to the truth but not 100% accurate. XB and HT had a good amount of lead time to get to 5 stars, IG2000 is the only one that had a short farm before the Falcon event. Still doable with two refreshes a day (75 crystals) and 256 extra energy (128 x 2) in addition to the native 105 energy per day with 10 per hour accumulation.
  • APX_919 wrote: »

Close to the truth but not 100% accurate. XB and HT had a good amount of lead time to get to 5 stars, IG2000 is the only one that had a short farm before the Falcon event. Still doable with two refreshes a day (75 crystals) and 256 extra energy (128 x 2) in addition to the native 105 energy per day with 10 per hour accumulation.

So you expect f2p to do that on nothing but speculations? Because many people in this forum would have called that impulsive spending and a display of poor resource management skills. Perhaps it would help if the devs had called it on day one so we wouldn't have to speculate. The fact that they didn't alone proves that they expected people to fall short and be tempted to spend money on it
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »

So you expect f2p to do that on nothing but speculations? Because many people in this forum would have called that impulsive spending and a display of poor resource management skills. Perhaps it would help if the devs had called it on day one so we wouldn't have to speculate. The fact that they didn't alone proves that they expected people to fall short and be tempted to spend money on it

Which people would have done that? That seems to be awfully judgmental and presumptuous to label folks as foolish.

I mean, yeah, we all know the BH caught Han in Star Wars and Boba Fett's ship tracked down the Falcon in Empire Strikes Back. That is not a guarantee of successful anticipation (they could have for kicks and giggles required FO ships) but it is reasonable to make that assumption. That and all the BH ships are actually quite good.

No, but if you're looking at obtaining information to make the most effective and efficient use of your account, then it helps to stay informed using any media that is freely open to you. Knowledge is power.

From my experience, I was able to farm the shards required to get all BH ships and consequently the Falcon to 7*. I started farming missions exclusively with a sensible number of daily refreshes from the moment these ships became farmable using crystals obtained solely from squad and fleet arena payouts. I was also able to increase my crystal stores by nearly 20k a month while doing so, without a penny spent.

My example, while it seems impossible to you, is entirely possible with discipline, focus, and without relying on a credit card.

No, but if you're looking at obtaining information to make the most effective and efficient use of your account, then it helps to stay informed using any media that is freely open to you. Knowledge is power.

From my experience, I was able to farm the shards required to get all BH ships and consequently the Falcon to 7*. I started farming missions exclusively with a sensible number of daily refreshes from the moment these ships became farmable using crystals obtained solely from squad and fleet arena payouts. I was also able to increase my crystal stores by nearly 20k a month while doing so, without a penny spent.

My example, while it seems impossible to you, is entirely possible with discipline, focus, and without relying on a credit card.

At this point I would say you acted af you had absolute certainty that falcon was coming and as if you knew what the requirements would be. What would you have done/said/thought big they had either not brought the falcon for a few more months or if they had required other ships like empire?

Also notice how your example uses FO ships to make the BH choice too obvious but you didn't use Empire which is actually even more relevant and obvious than BH ships. So could argue that empire ships should have been used and that BH have nothing to do with the falcon. The falcon never fought these ships but constantly fought imperial tie fighters and Vader's tie advance
  • I don’t know. A ship as iconic as the Falcon deserves its time in the meta. And the developers have the right to make a little cash on it. They’ve got bills and expectations from their higher-ups.

Paying for high-end content before everyone else is the current state of mobile gaming (and everything, arguably). It’s a game but also a business. To deny it is either is to deny reality.

At this point I would say you acted af you had absolute certainty that falcon was coming and as if you knew what the requirements would be. What would you have done/said/thought big they had either not brought the falcon for a few more months or if they had required other ships like empire?

Also notice how your example uses FO ships to make the BH choice too obvious but you didn't use Empire which is actually even more relevant and obvious than BH ships. So could argue that empire ships should have been used and that BH have nothing to do with the falcon. The falcon never fought these ships but constantly fought imperial tie fighters and Vader's tie advance

The Road Ahead post from September 2018 clearly hinted that OT Trilogy ships and characters would be released in the near future.

There were also several well-circulated leaks in other media that turned out largely to be accurate - minus the GG rework and release of Malevolence - which I still hope do come.

Empire ships, you say? I had those things maxed ages ago and so did most serious players. Do you honestly think CG would release an iconic ship like the Falcon and allow it to be obtainable using assets they already had maxed? There was no other viable option but to make Falcon obtainable by difficult to obtain ships. The only option was BH as they had relevance to the OT Falcon. Sith ships - while equally difficult to source - had no relevance to the OT Falcon.

• I don’t know. A ship as iconic as the Falcon deserves its time in the meta. And the developers have the right to make a little cash on it. They’ve got bills and expectations from their higher-ups.

Paying for high-end content before everyone else is the current state of mobile gaming (and everything, arguably). It’s a game but also a business. To deny it is either is to deny reality.

You summed everything wrong with video games today. A couple key points here.

1. I thought the falcon was totally f2p friendly, how is it that you are bringing the "they got bills to pay" argument if the falcon isn't designed to be p2p and f2p friendly. If they charged 10 bucks for unlock it as a premium ship or as an early pass and then make it f2p after a couple of months, how many players do you think would pay 10 bucks so they don't have to wait 2 months? I bet a TON which would have made them enough to pay their bills for a very long time.

2. Did anyone question that an iconic ship like the falcon did not deserve to be meta? I really don't think that's been anyone's argument. The argument is that it should have way to lose at least on offense so that it doesn't literally lock people behind it. Many metas in both arenas had weaknesses that allowed people to win. They didn't last in the top spots for too long, just long enough to get their payout and drop back again. Now people are literally losing their payout because this ships isn't just meta, it's an impenetrable wall that they can't beat no matter what they do and that's not healthy.

The Road Ahead post from September 2018 clearly hinted that OT Trilogy ships and characters would be released in the near future.

There were also several well-circulated leaks in other media that turned out largely to be accurate - minus the GG rework and release of Malevolence - which I still hope do come.

Empire ships, you say? I had those things maxed ages ago and so did most serious players. Do you honestly think CG would release an iconic ship like the Falcon and allow it to be obtainable using assets they already had maxed? There was no other viable option but to make Falcon obtainable by difficult to obtain ships. The only option was BH as they had relevance to the OT Falcon. Sith ships - while equally difficult to source - had no relevance to the OT Falcon.

Well then if that's the case the devs are playing a dangerous game. Hinting what's to come only to those smart enough to figure it out. Kind of elitist if you ask me, would be a heck of a lot more fair to simply say it.

Also forcing a connection between factions doesn't mean anything. You also had ewoks potentially maxed for ages, that didn't stop them from being used for 3po did it? All they had to do was up the difficulty. Plus whose fault is it that we got 2 falcons prior to this one and we didn't get the OG one sooner?

Also I have a challenge for you, if you're so good at predicting stuff or claim that you did after the fact, why don't you tell us what to expect during the next couple months in regards to content and legendary events and things you're certain that we should go as far as refreshing nodes to make sure we have them maxed out asap.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

Not true at all.....I 7* mine without a single refresh
  • (Why do I feel like I am going to regret diving back in here...)

But the Falcon is not unbeatable. Cassian’s U-wing as a reinforcement can dispel all buffs on the enemy fleet (which I know has been previously mentioned in this thread as well) including taunts and the Falcon’s Outmanuver special.

I am already seeing a geonosian with Cassian reinforcement counter fleet popping up in my shard.

Dispel everything and focus fire the Falcon down.

• stoopid_one
    73 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Before I start I have the ship at 6 star's and knew it would be a potential game breaker, as all legendary events have been so far (except possibly GMY before the rework). It can be beaten by non rebel/MilFal fleets if you have the right ships.

Chimaera is probably the best counter but Executrix will work. Starting ships should be Hounds Tooth (not destroyed by any means) Tie SIlencer and another fast ship (ITF works with the evasion speeding up the capital ship). Silencer is faster and hsa a chance to stun the MilFal before it can use outmaneuver making it impossible to target. Cassian's U-wing is your best friend here as with maxed RI ability they can clear all buffs from the other team, including "outmaneuver" meaning the ship can be targeted. This will also clear HT's taunt (unless breach is active) and any protection up they have gained from Home Ones' ability, meaning you can now target it with the special attack, which calls an assist from Tie Silencer or any other high damage ship you have on the board.

To claim the ship is OP is correct and I will agree, I didn't spend to get it to 6 star, but also not claiming to be F2P (not a whale tho). To claim its unbeatable means you haven't looked at the kit for both the ship and what ships you have. It may mean you cannot beat it at your current stage but there are option out there if you ask for help

Well then if that's the case the devs are playing a dangerous game. Hinting what's to come only to those smart enough to figure it out. Kind of elitist if you ask me, would be a heck of a lot more fair to simply say it.

Also forcing a connection between factions doesn't mean anything. You also had ewoks potentially maxed for ages, that didn't stop them from being used for 3po did it? All they had to do was up the difficulty. Plus whose fault is it that we got 2 falcons prior to this one and we didn't get the OG one sooner?

Also I have a challenge for you, if you're so good at predicting stuff or claim that you did after the fact, why don't you tell us what to expect during the next couple months in regards to content and legendary events and things you're certain that we should go as far as refreshing nodes to make sure we have them maxed out asap.

I didn't predict anything and started farming late. As others have said, Xanadu is pretty useful with HT so I had started farming that. Barely. Had it at 3 stars and 11/30 to 4.

I did have a modest stockpile of crystals 13k), as most F2P folks should if they want a chance at Legendary units on the first pass. Two purchases of each ship in the Weekly Shipment brought both within 45 shards of 5 stars. The rest was node refreshes capped by a Falcon unlock earlier tonight.

Didn't predict anything and didn't spend a cent.

There'll always be smoke and mirrors when it comes to what the Devs say and do - the uncertainty helps induce irrational behaviour and panic spending if you're not prepared. Nothing new there.The leak had nothing to do with the Devs. In fact they suspended the Game Changer program as a result.

Not sure of your comments regarding Ewoks or the order of release of the types of Falcons and what relevance it has.

You want a prediction? If you haven't already completed them and/or already obtained Revan, put significant focus into completing the farming of the 5 Old Republic toons released in H2 of 2018. Secondly, place immediate attention to farming the latest 4 Old Republic toons as they will most likely be needed for a Legendary/Heroic Event in February 2019.
  • This still going? The sourness has started to ferment. Soon we will have free sourdough.

There'll always be smoke and mirrors when it comes to what the Devs say and do - the uncertainty helps induce irrational behaviour and panic spending if you're not prepared. Nothing new there.The leak had nothing to do with the Devs. In fact they suspended the Game Changer program as a result.

Not sure of your comments regarding Ewoks or the order of release of the types of Falcons and what relevance it has.

You want a prediction? If you haven't already completed them and/or already obtained Revan, put significant focus into completing the farming of the 5 Old Republic toons released in H2 of 2018. Secondly, place immediate attention to farming the latest 4 Old Republic toons as they will most likely be needed for a Legendary/Heroic Event in February 2019.

Because f2p can do 10-12 nodes at the same time right?

Because f2p can do 10-12 nodes at the same time right?

Going to have to if you want to make sure you unlock revan next time and get the rumoured DS version.

If you dont care about the latest and greatest farm less.

Right now im farming
    HT/Jango
    Xanadu
    IG-2000
    Canderous
    Sith Fighter
    Fallen Bastilla
    Sith Bomber

Need to do 3x50 refreshes to cover that

Luckily i have all the OR toons for revan at 7*
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

All players have a choice - you included. Your achievement are a result of your choices. Plenty of free to play players unlocked the new Falcon, because they chose to keep themselves informed and farmed the required ship. You chose not to (according to your statements). Stop blaming it on anything else than your own choices.
This discussion has been closed.