Am I the only one who is very disappointed at end game?

Replies

• Get Phoenix to 7*. Get palpatine. Get Thrawn. Dominate arena. End game?
  • Mark2theb wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I am very disappointed at the way this game has turned out.

I get what you’re saying. But don’t worry: I’m sure we’ll get a Grievous rework this year.
  • keiths9216
    76 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    You aren't at endgame, or even close. I don't leave those "useless" toons completely ignored because CG has a wonderful way of forcing us to use them at some point. I mean I have good clones and jawa in prep for haat. Now they are useless there. We need the hoth Bros, good rebel pilots, and so on. Be prepared, and maybe then you'll be closer.
  • Sounds like you are nowhere near endgame

Well, I'm done leveling so to me, that's end game.
    Sounds like you are nowhere near endgame

Just because you're done leveling doesn't mean you're anywhere near endgame. In other games I've played when you've reached max level it means you're done with the tutorial. Welcome to midgame.

If that’s your opinion, then you might be needing to find a new game .

Because, this vvvvvvv. Is an excellent way to look at it.
    Mark2theb wrote: »

Just because you're done leveling doesn't mean you're anywhere near endgame. In other games I've played when you've reached max level it means you're done with the tutorial. Welcome to midgame.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

You mean you hit level 85, and now you think you are at end game. Unfortunately that is only one of the first of many boxes you will need to check to even start approaching the "end game".

If you think you can hit "end game" that quickly, this is not the game for you.
  • The game doesn't even really start until you hit level 85 tbh
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    The game doesn't even really start until you hit level 85 tbh

This.
    So many things you can't even hope to do until you hit max level.
    Also, I feel like "endgame" is subjective

May i suggest another game for you - maplestory. U can level forever there
  • Lol, like all the other guys have said, hitting 85 is more like the end of your tutorial. You’re nowhere even close to mid game. Please take a look at swgoh.gg and see for yourself what the general end game meta looks like for majority of the players.
  • I didn’t read through the whole thread but, you have Sith, Empire, and Jedi teams?

What about Rebels? Resistance? First Order? Ewoks? You’re far from endgame.
  • Raid squads? Traya? Revan? C3PO? TW squads? GA squads? TB squads?

FLEET??
  • How can there even be an endgame in Arena? With a constantly shifting meta, determined by shard maturity, there's no natural "end" surely?
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    How can there even be an endgame in Arena? With a constantly shifting meta, determined by shard maturity, there's no natural "end" surely?

When you're always number 1 for your pay out in your Arena, I'd say you've pretty much hit end game.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    How can there even be an endgame in Arena? With a constantly shifting meta, determined by shard maturity, there's no natural "end" surely?

When you're always number 1 for your pay out in your Arena, I'd say you've pretty much hit end game.

True. I suppose I meant a natural end point, not purchased!
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Sorry for you that you reached endgame and you are dissapointed. I hope if I reache endgame I still have stuff to work on.
    My reached goals:
    - get all stars in all PvE-missions (light, dark, fleet, cantina, normal, hard)
    - reach #1 in both arenas
    - get a team/fleet to be permanent top50 in arenas
    - some special toons to 7*: cls, gk, raid han, c-3po, chewie, thrawn, jtr
    My open projects:
    - get Traya to 7* (my guild is not strong enough to farm HSTR right now)
    - get Revan
    - get Han's Falcon to 7* (right now just 5*)
    - get all titles
    - get Wampa 7*

Maybe I'm not far away from endgame but I'm far away form "content clear" so I'm happy that I have goals to achieve and be not bored like you
  • It really depends on how you look at it.
    I would agree that you can get a Revan led Jedi team to 6* mods fully geared, do the same for a Traya led sith team, the same with CLS led rebels and say it is end game as far as Arena is concerned.
    However, at the very least, you can consider also making equivalent ship teams (which automatically adds a couple extra toons you need to get to 6* mods and fully geared to max speed of ships on top of needing to max the ships abilities), then you need to work out teams that can auto all epic events, teams that can auto at least every stage of the sith raid (which is a very tough ask and will likely stay so), etc.
    So end game means at least for me:

Phoenix full team, gear 12+, 6* mods (to max their relevant ships);
    Traya, Vader, Sion, Nihilus, Thrawn/Palpatine/Dark Bastilla team gear 12+, 6* mods (arena, dark side events, Sith Raid)
    Revan, Bastilla, Jolee, GMY, Hoda/GK team gear 12+, 6* mods (arena, light side events, Sith Raid)
    Troopers team gear 12+, 6* mods (TW, TB)
    Nightsisters gear 12+, 6* mods (TW, TB, Sith Raid)
    Bounty hunters gear 12+, 6* mods (tons of events requiring them)
    CLS team, gear 12+, 6* mods (TW, TB, Sith Raid, HAAT, HRancor)
    JTR team, gear 12+, 6* mods (TW, TB, Sith Raid, HAAT, HRancor)
    Ewoks team, gear 12+, 6* mods (not only for C3, good defense team in PVP)

And then come a couple of light side and dark side ships you need maxed.

If you really have those tasks completed, then yes, it is end-game, where you grind for the sake of grinding, and cannot tangibly improve what you already have. But even at that stage, you can experiment with squad composition and have tons of fun.
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Look end game is not subjective at all. It's the stage of a game once level cap is reached, simple...
    The game is very monotonous though, still I'm hanging in there waiting for something new
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Hey everyone, I am very disappointed at the way this game has turned out. I have found that the end game is basically dominated by 3 teams. Palpatine lead, Darth, Thrawn, Scion, (insert random emipre), Bastilla Shan lead, GMY, CLS, Old Ben, (insert random Jedi), and Nightsisters. These three dominate squad arena, Grand Arena...

And its Revan, Traya and CLS on my old shard. And it might be Phoenix on newcomer shards. Different age of shards = different "dominating" squads.
    they have use in the repetitive, boring raids (does anyone enjoy the Sith raid???) (Rancor is the only fun one due to the use of door switch, would love to see more of that).

Yes.
    Tell me, what is Rose used for? What about Jyn Erso? Is there any real use for Alaya Secura? How about the recently released Juhani? I have a fully tricked out BH team with Jango Fett (again, rarely used) in back up along with Boba Fett, Greedo, Bossk, IG-88, and Cad Bane.

- Rose: nothing
    - Jyn: R1 battles in TB, Defense leader in TW/GA, "Rolocop" (P3 STR team), TM swap char for the STH tactic in P4 (Traya) of the STR
    - Aayla: good under zQGJ aswell as zBastila as a 2nd source of stun (besides Bast) to keep a Nest (Qi'ra+Nest being a common counter team) in permastun (= timeout)
    - Juhani: nothing (or some OR squad if you alrdy have them built up)
    - BH: they are all good and can be split into 2 teams
    Why add all the other useless characters that have no meaning in the final say?

Just because they are useless NOW that doesn't mean they'll STAY useless. For such a long time Bistan (as character, his ship was always good) was just a completely useless char. Then Chewie got introduced and suddenly a guarded Bistan goes into crazy mode.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Lol "endgame". I remember when the meta was poe-poggle and droids. Long long ago. As far as I can tell, the game has never had such diversity at the top
  • At this point, I don’t believe there is an end game except for players who have been around since launch and/or spent lots of money to get every legendary and journey character (and ship). For the majority of players who are not spending lots of money, the game seems more like a journey than a destination.
    There are definitely better teams for each game section, but those teams can adjust and change when new units are released. In the time I’ve been playing, the fleet meta has changed from Empire to Bounty Hunters, and now to Rebels. And my arena has gone from Phoenix/Nihilus/Nightsisters to Empire and First Order to Palpatine Sith/CLS/JTR to Bastila Jedi/Nightsisters/CLS/JTR to Revan Jedi/Nightsisters/Traya Sith/CLS. So even though it may seem like there are only a few good teams, those teams change and cycle over time.
    I do understand the desire to have the team you built up or your favorite team dominate in arena, but that’s not always going to happen because the developers and their Disney overseers have their own ideas of which characters should be used where. But if you can find an area of the game that you like, you can customize teams for that. And in my opinion, that’s part of what makes the game fun.
  • Right now the endgame has 3 meta teams, rebels with 3p0 and chewbacca, traya, and jedi (revan or bastila). But this doesn't mean other characters are useless such as grand arena making all your characters needed to get the win. TB where your collected character GP assists your guild into getting better prizes etc. With the number of events that go on legendary or otherwise very few characters are not needed and in the end just do what you want. If you want to run BH In arena because its fun do it. Crystals and winning/having fun is a choice you have to make. I'd rather run my droid teams in arena but because rebels/traya are meta im running them instead because I want the crystals more.
  • Since we're talking what is endgame. Here's how I define it.

The point where you can beat the currently available content with relative ease.

So for example

Top 5 in both arenas
    All or near all stars in tb
    Soloing pit and haat
    High dmg in hstr (I currently do about 30 mil). Without many teams to farm that would improve that.
    Having all legendary/journey characters. Or ready for the return of the paywall ones.
    Able to beat all tables, events, challenges, ect... (Most on auto)

That's what I consider endgame. And it takes awhile after lvl 85 to reach.
  • You may be dissapointed, but you are not at end game. Really, no one is, will be, or ever has been. The three teams you mentioned were dominant many months ago, and the teams that are dominant now will be replaced eventually. The meta is always changing.
  • The game doesn't even really start until you hit level 85 tbh

This.

Reaching Level 85, if Endgame is 10 is pretty much about 1. If that.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Has anyone already mentioned that the OP is not endgame?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • You're not even level 86 yet.