I don't get the whole p2w situation...

12346Next

Replies

  • Waqui
    5657 posts Member
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Players had ample opportunity to at least unlock ****. There was plenty of hinting for some time of the OT **** event and the ships which would be required if you heeded the information provided on the forums, reddit, youtube blogs and offline chats.

    And yes, it was very achievable without pouring a cent into it.

    Actually unless you refresh the nodes and spend an additional 320 energy daily on those two ships then you couldn't have gotten them 5 stars since they became farmable.

    Cents != crystals. Everybody earns crystals in-game. Some spent them to farm XB and IG-2000 - others didn't.

    Jedi_of_Oz is correct.
  • Waqui
    5657 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Players had ample opportunity to at least unlock ****. There was plenty of hinting for some time of the OT **** event and the ships which would be required if you heeded the information provided on the forums, reddit, youtube blogs and offline chats.

    And yes, it was very achievable without pouring a cent into it.

    Hhm so everyone should be active in Reddit, forum and YouTube in order to keep up with the game? What if they are not aware? Does that automatically disqualifies them from wanting to stay competitive without spending hundreds of dollars each time the devs decide to "hint"something in the forums?

    That depends on how you want to play the game. If you are casual then by no means should you have to follow reddit, YouTube and their ilk as your playstyle need not be influenced by others. If you are a collector and choose not to be competitive, following hints will at least allow for an unlock thus fulfilling that collectible item. If you are competitive then following hints on all sites gives you the best chance of anticipating meta shifts and unlocking meta toons or ships at their maximum potential.

    Well sure but you can't say that it's fair to all players they should pick on on obscure hits from forums in order to have a shot at competing with others.

    Since each and every player had the same opportunity to do so, by definition it was fair to all players. Hints and information was publicly available to everyone on these official forums.
  • Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Players had ample opportunity to at least unlock ****. There was plenty of hinting for some time of the OT **** event and the ships which would be required if you heeded the information provided on the forums, reddit, youtube blogs and offline chats.

    And yes, it was very achievable without pouring a cent into it.

    Actually unless you refresh the nodes and spend an additional 320 energy daily on those two ships then you couldn't have gotten them 5 stars since they became farmable.

    I didn't refresh IG2000 node and got the ship to 5* a couple of days before the event started.

    Didn't track drop rate - must have been on the favourable side.
  • Waqui
    5657 posts Member
    I don’t know. A ship as iconic as the Falcon deserves its time in the meta. And the developers have the right to make a little cash on it. They’ve got bills and expectations from their higher-ups.

    Paying for high-end content before everyone else is the current state of mobile gaming (and everything, arguably). It’s a game but also a business. To deny it is either is to deny reality.

    You summed everything wrong with video games today. A couple key points here.

    1. I thought the falcon was totally f2p friendly, how is it that you are bringing the "they got bills to pay" argument if the falcon isn't designed to be p2p and f2p friendly.

    Unlocking it at 5* WAS completely f2p friendly. Every player and their grandmothers could have done so. Taking it to 7* like Jedi_of_Oz did, would require high discipline and resource management. Those without the same discipline and free daily crystal income could have spent some cash instead.
    2. Did anyone question that an iconic ship like the falcon did not deserve to be meta?

    I question your false statements that it was a cash grab even to unlock the ship, and that you didn't have the opportunity to farm the new BH ships in time for unlocking the new Falcon.

  • Waqui wrote: »
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Players had ample opportunity to at least unlock ****. There was plenty of hinting for some time of the OT **** event and the ships which would be required if you heeded the information provided on the forums, reddit, youtube blogs and offline chats.

    And yes, it was very achievable without pouring a cent into it.

    Hhm so everyone should be active in Reddit, forum and YouTube in order to keep up with the game? What if they are not aware? Does that automatically disqualifies them from wanting to stay competitive without spending hundreds of dollars each time the devs decide to "hint"something in the forums?

    All players have a choice - you included. Your achievement are a result of your choices. Plenty of free to play players unlocked the new Falcon, because they chose to keep themselves informed and farmed the required ship. You chose not to (according to your statements). Stop blaming it on anything else than your own choices.

    That´s ridiculous. Choice depends on information. You missed the point completely. The statement you quoted was about how CG do expect people to look for information from sources they might not even know about. You think Reddit is an international thing? It´s not (60% user from the US, the rest is small groups scattered over the planet).
  • CosmicJ
    180 posts Member
    edited January 22
    Instead of complaining about a pay wall, you could be either theory crafting how to beat it yourself or look for knowledge that already exists. There are videos already out on how to beat the ogmf without the ogmf.

    Heck, i won my first battle against a rebel fleet with ogmf in tw using the exact team required to unlock it. Not bad for 'useless' ships.
  • CosmicJ wrote: »
    Instead of complaining about a pay wall, you could be either theory crafting how to beat it yourself or look for knowledge that already exists. There are videos already out on how to beat the ogmf without the ogmf.

    Heck, i won my first battle against a rebel fleet with ogmf in tw using the exact team required to unlock it. Not bad for 'useless' ships.

    "Do x" instead of "y". Well I can do both, obviously I am working on how to beat it, I've tried over a dozen different combinations and I've failed each time. I am also complaining about this because I don't want this to become a habit. Forcing us into a new grind before we have time to finish the previous ones. If this keeps going on at the current rate we're in trouble. So obviously I'm doing both.
  • Member5973 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Players had ample opportunity to at least unlock ****. There was plenty of hinting for some time of the OT **** event and the ships which would be required if you heeded the information provided on the forums, reddit, youtube blogs and offline chats.

    And yes, it was very achievable without pouring a cent into it.

    Hhm so everyone should be active in Reddit, forum and YouTube in order to keep up with the game? What if they are not aware? Does that automatically disqualifies them from wanting to stay competitive without spending hundreds of dollars each time the devs decide to "hint"something in the forums?

    All players have a choice - you included. Your achievement are a result of your choices. Plenty of free to play players unlocked the new Falcon, because they chose to keep themselves informed and farmed the required ship. You chose not to (according to your statements). Stop blaming it on anything else than your own choices.

    That´s ridiculous. Choice depends on information. You missed the point completely. The statement you quoted was about how CG do expect people to look for information from sources they might not even know about. You think Reddit is an international thing? It´s not (60% user from the US, the rest is small groups scattered over the planet).

    Very well said, nobody should have to depend on outside sources in order to not fall into a disadvantage. You're right Reddit is in fact mostly popular in the US and not so much around the rest of the world and this game is clearly everywhere around the world. We don't even have a proper in game notification system to keep us updated about what's going on and clearly this is deliberate since the devs rely on people's ignorance to keep their farms somewhat uninformed
  • Can we just ignore any future PeterBahama threads/posts? It's pointless.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Waqui
    5657 posts Member
    Member5973 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Players had ample opportunity to at least unlock ****. There was plenty of hinting for some time of the OT **** event and the ships which would be required if you heeded the information provided on the forums, reddit, youtube blogs and offline chats.

    And yes, it was very achievable without pouring a cent into it.

    Hhm so everyone should be active in Reddit, forum and YouTube in order to keep up with the game? What if they are not aware? Does that automatically disqualifies them from wanting to stay competitive without spending hundreds of dollars each time the devs decide to "hint"something in the forums?

    All players have a choice - you included. Your achievement are a result of your choices. Plenty of free to play players unlocked the new Falcon, because they chose to keep themselves informed and farmed the required ship. You chose not to (according to your statements). Stop blaming it on anything else than your own choices.

    That´s ridiculous. Choice depends on information. You missed the point completely. The statement you quoted was about how CG do expect people to look for information from sources they might not even know about. You think Reddit is an international thing? It´s not (60% user from the US, the rest is small groups scattered over the planet).

    You are the only one to mention CG's expectations. Noone did in the quoted comments. You're wrong.

    The point is - still - that everybody had the opportunity to keep themselves informed and farm BH ships in time for the event. Blaming anybody else than yourself for missing that opportunity (like the OP does) is quite frankly a bit silly.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Can we just ignore any future PeterBahama threads/posts? It's pointless.

    It's ok that you don't want to hear it, I'm sure you would if you didn't get the falcon.
  • Waqui
    5657 posts Member
    Member5973 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    All players have a choice - you included. Your achievement are a result of your choices. Plenty of free to play players unlocked the new Falcon, because they chose to keep themselves informed and farmed the required ship. You chose not to (according to your statements). Stop blaming it on anything else than your own choices.

    That´s ridiculous. Choice depends on information. You missed the point completely. The statement you quoted was about how CG do expect people to look for information from sources they might not even know about. You think Reddit is an international thing? It´s not (60% user from the US, the rest is small groups scattered over the planet).

    You are the only one to mention CG's expectations. Noone did in the quoted comments. You're wrong.

    The point is - still - that everybody had the opportunity to keep themselves informed and farm BH ships in time for the event. If you want to dispute that, you some sensible arguments.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Can we just ignore any future PeterBahama threads/posts? It's pointless.

    1. Go to his profile, there's a small symbol of a human top half with an upside down Triangle.
    2. Click the triangle and choose Ignore from the drop down menu.
    3. Profit!
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Can we just ignore any future PeterBahama threads/posts? It's pointless.

    1. Go to his profile, there's a small symbol of a human top half with an upside down Triangle.
    2. Click the triangle and choose Ignore from the drop down menu.
    3. Profit!

    That's on the full site though. Not sure if it can be done on the mobile site.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Can we just ignore any future PeterBahama threads/posts? It's pointless.

    1. Go to his profile, there's a small symbol of a human top half with an upside down Triangle.
    2. Click the triangle and choose Ignore from the drop down menu.
    3. Profit!

    Thank you!
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Can we just ignore any future PeterBahama threads/posts? It's pointless.

    1. Go to his profile, there's a small symbol of a human top half with an upside down Triangle.
    2. Click the triangle and choose Ignore from the drop down menu.
    3. Profit!

    Thank you!

    Just to highlight, it will not save you from his other possible clone accounts like @PeteBajama
    You'd have to ignore each and every single profile one by one.
  • Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Players had ample opportunity to at least unlock ****. There was plenty of hinting for some time of the OT **** event and the ships which would be required if you heeded the information provided on the forums, reddit, youtube blogs and offline chats.

    And yes, it was very achievable without pouring a cent into it.

    Hhm so everyone should be active in Reddit, forum and YouTube in order to keep up with the game? What if they are not aware? Does that automatically disqualifies them from wanting to stay competitive without spending hundreds of dollars each time the devs decide to "hint"something in the forums?

    No, but if you're looking at obtaining information to make the most effective and efficient use of your account, then it helps to stay informed using any media that is freely open to you. Knowledge is power.

    From my experience, I was able to farm the shards required to get all BH ships and consequently the Falcon to 7*. I started farming missions exclusively with a sensible number of daily refreshes from the moment these ships became farmable using crystals obtained solely from squad and fleet arena payouts. I was also able to increase my crystal stores by nearly 20k a month while doing so, without a penny spent.

    My example, while it seems impossible to you, is entirely possible with discipline, focus, and without relying on a credit card.

    At this point I would say you acted af you had absolute certainty that falcon was coming and as if you knew what the requirements would be. What would you have done/said/thought big they had either not brought the falcon for a few more months or if they had required other ships like empire?

    Also notice how your example uses FO ships to make the BH choice too obvious but you didn't use Empire which is actually even more relevant and obvious than BH ships. So could argue that empire ships should have been used and that BH have nothing to do with the falcon. The falcon never fought these ships but constantly fought imperial tie fighters and Vader's tie advance

    The Road Ahead post from September 2018 clearly hinted that OT Trilogy ships and characters would be released in the near future.

    There were also several well-circulated leaks in other media that turned out largely to be accurate - minus the GG rework and release of Malevolence - which I still hope do come.

    Empire ships, you say? I had those things maxed ages ago and so did most serious players. Do you honestly think CG would release an iconic ship like the Falcon and allow it to be obtainable using assets they already had maxed? There was no other viable option but to make Falcon obtainable by difficult to obtain ships. The only option was BH as they had relevance to the OT Falcon. Sith ships - while equally difficult to source - had no relevance to the OT Falcon.

    Well then if that's the case the devs are playing a dangerous game. Hinting what's to come only to those smart enough to figure it out. Kind of elitist if you ask me, would be a heck of a lot more fair to simply say it.

    Also forcing a connection between factions doesn't mean anything. You also had ewoks potentially maxed for ages, that didn't stop them from being used for 3po did it? All they had to do was up the difficulty. Plus whose fault is it that we got 2 falcons prior to this one and we didn't get the OG one sooner?

    Also I have a challenge for you, if you're so good at predicting stuff or claim that you did after the fact, why don't you tell us what to expect during the next couple months in regards to content and legendary events and things you're certain that we should go as far as refreshing nodes to make sure we have them maxed out asap.

    There'll always be smoke and mirrors when it comes to what the Devs say and do - the uncertainty helps induce irrational behaviour and panic spending if you're not prepared. Nothing new there.The leak had nothing to do with the Devs. In fact they suspended the Game Changer program as a result.

    Not sure of your comments regarding Ewoks or the order of release of the types of Falcons and what relevance it has.

    You want a prediction? If you haven't already completed them and/or already obtained Revan, put significant focus into completing the farming of the 5 Old Republic toons released in H2 of 2018. Secondly, place immediate attention to farming the latest 4 Old Republic toons as they will most likely be needed for a Legendary/Heroic Event in February 2019.

    Because f2p can do 10-12 nodes at the same time right?

    Mate, you’re beyond help.

    Good luck with your projects.


  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    No, i'm only saying you're wrong. Your reasoning is just wrong. If you think it's OP that's fine by me, but if you think you deserve top10 without actually being able to get top10 during a meta shift you're just wrong. Why on earth would it be unfair if you can't reach top10 anymore? but but but others spend money and now have a better team than me... boohoo
    I also love your sarcastic "You're right, it's not OP ... etc". It hasn't even crossed you're mind that maybe you're the one who's wrong right? haha.
    in case you were wondering, not only do i not care about fleet and have the falcon unlocked, im also completely f2p. I don't really care if you're frustrated, ea/cg might though. potential costumer.. uuuh i mean they'll start catering to f2p folk more with their releases. ;)

    Guess what dummy? I think YOU’RE wrong. Did you ever consider that? I think adding an OP element that breaks the game (whether it’s pay to win or not) is a really bad idea. It’s also an obvious cash grab, which is another reason why it’s so frustrating. The gameplay used to be balanced, now it’s broken. But nobody should complain right? Let’s just be happy that it’s broken now.

    If you don’t care, then why are you here spewing your messy opinion all over the place? Like trolling people? How sad. Have a nice life kiddo.

    anyone who doesn't agree with you must be a dummy/trol/kiddo right? haha
    I'm sorry that you can't seem to understand the point i'm making because you're too caught up in your emotions. The ships you used to get top10 weren't balanced at all, that's the reason you were using them and the reason you were able to get top10. Im sure you felt some type of way about reaching top10 due to the choices you made farming those particular ships and gearing the pilots, a accomplishment/reward of sorts for your hard work/efforts. Your choices, your rewards. How is that different with the falcon? You could have gotten it just like the other players on your leaderboard could have farmed the same ships you did which lead to you getting top10. You just didn't, just like those others didn't.
    You're just salty because you didn't get the falcon, not because the gameplay is broken now all of a sudden.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    For all those saying the OT Falcon is no big deal:

    My galactic power is 2.5 million, and 1.25 million of it is ships. I started this game about 2 years ago, and I’ve worked super hard to level all my ships and pilots to get a shot at finishing in top 10.. and up until the OT Falcon was released, I had accomplished that. (My best finish is 4th) and now suddenly, because tons of players now have a 7 star HT and a 7 star OT Falcon, I essentially have ZERO CHANCE at even cracking the top 10. This to me, seems really unfair. At the time of this posting, OT Falcon is in the front lineup for 3 out of the 5 top spots in ship arena, and is likely hidden in reinforcements for some of the others.

    So, as many of you sit smugly berating OP for his post, I suspect that you either:

    A) own the OT Falcon, so you’re fine with it being OP.

    or

    B) don’t really care about ship combat

    The fact is: for SOME people, the OT Falcon breaks the balance in the game. Not everyone has been playing since launch, or has the resources (time/money/etc) to be able to farm everything the game throws at you. The reason we love this game, is the how fun it is based on the sophistication of balance. Dumping the OT Falcon in there really caters only to pay to winners, and long term players. The middle group that struggles to get there is cut out of the winners circle now until they introduce a proper counter- whether it’s bringing in another ship, or nerfing the Falcon.

    That’s just the way it is. So, try not to be so smug, and if you don’t care about ship combat, then don’t make irritating comments. OP is voicing a fair and accurate point of view for many of us.

    If you can't beat it, you don't deserve #1.
    unfair if you can't crack top10, lol. What about those other 10k players on your leaderboard? Should they be able to beat your team aswell even if they don't have the ships necessary to do so?
    fwiw, i'm both A and B. Don't give a fudge about fleet, but i do have the falcon unlocked.

    So you will blame people for not being able to beat a ship that dispels AND calls assists on basic, with a rebel tag which synergizes with a capital ship that gives exorbitant amount of protection to ships who attack off assists. A buff that makes it untargetable even if all other of it's allies are under stealth. Which makes it a "ghost" ship essentially that you're always forced to kill last. On top of that, it's got one of the highest health pools which makes it impossible to take out before it gains the buff that forces you to ignore it while it's out there.

    This ships is designed to be unbeatable except from a player who has the same ship in their line up. Anyone who fails to see it is simply unreasonable and a liar. But honestly if you find a way to reliably beat it without using it then feel free to share it with us, I'd be ecstatic to find out how. If you can't prove it can be done perhaps you need to lay off the assertions

    assertions? lol.
    I could have said you don't deserve #1 if you don't have the falcon, but i'm sure there are some nifty players out there who can do it without the falcon. If you weren't able to get the falcon and youre not able to beat it, why on earth would it be unfair for you to not be able to reach top ranks? By that logic arena is unfair by default.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    No, i'm only saying you're wrong. Your reasoning is just wrong. If you think it's OP that's fine by me, but if you think you deserve top10 without actually being able to get top10 during a meta shift you're just wrong. Why on earth would it be unfair if you can't reach top10 anymore? but but but others spend money and now have a better team than me... boohoo
    I also love your sarcastic "You're right, it's not OP ... etc". It hasn't even crossed you're mind that maybe you're the one who's wrong right? haha.
    in case you were wondering, not only do i not care about fleet and have the falcon unlocked, im also completely f2p. I don't really care if you're frustrated, ea/cg might though. potential costumer.. uuuh i mean they'll start catering to f2p folk more with their releases. ;)

    Guess what dummy? I think YOU’RE wrong. Did you ever consider that? I think adding an OP element that breaks the game (whether it’s pay to win or not) is a really bad idea. It’s also an obvious cash grab, which is another reason why it’s so frustrating. The gameplay used to be balanced, now it’s broken. But nobody should complain right? Let’s just be happy that it’s broken now.

    If you don’t care, then why are you here spewing your messy opinion all over the place? Like trolling people? How sad. Have a nice life kiddo.

    anyone who doesn't agree with you must be a dummy/trol/kiddo right? haha
    I'm sorry that you can't seem to understand the point i'm making because you're too caught up in your emotions. The ships you used to get top10 weren't balanced at all, that's the reason you were using them and the reason you were able to get top10. Im sure you felt some type of way about reaching top10 due to the choices you made farming those particular ships and gearing the pilots, a accomplishment/reward of sorts for your hard work/efforts. Your choices, your rewards. How is that different with the falcon? You could have gotten it just like the other players on your leaderboard could have farmed the same ships you did which lead to you getting top10. You just didn't, just like those others didn't.
    You're just salty because you didn't get the falcon, not because the gameplay is broken now all of a sudden.

    The ships I've been using have all but the HT been available to everyone for a very long time and incredibly easy to farm by all standards. Your comparison is utterly ridiculous and out of sync with reality.
  • Kyno
    21312 posts Moderator
    Alright, this has gone on long enough and we need to put this horse to rest. He has been beat enough.

    Closed.
This discussion has been closed.