We need Yoda

The dark side of the force is overwhelming the light. Jedi are being slaughtered in their homes. It is only when all hope seems lost, that Jedi Master Yoda will emerge and bring balance to the force.

We all know (or at least hope) that this character will be released sooner than later. I just wanted to create a discussion of what you would like to see from this powerful, force-sensitive Jedi. What type of attacker do you want/think he will be? What kind of skills/abilities do you think would be well-suited for this 3-fingered majestic being?

Replies

• Definately support with damaging abities, something like luminara imo
  • Given the battering the Jedi have got over the so called "balance" changes last week, pretty much everyone I spoke too is moving away from using Jedi...

Unless Anakin and Obi-wan are given abilities to make them fight Dooku and Maul better respectively, I don't see much point to using any Jedi besides Luminara and maybe Ima-Gun Di. They bring too many vulnerabilities but not enough bonuses to make them worth having on your team

Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Jedi teams used to dominate all others, now they are balanced. And people are trying new comps, which is nice aswell
  • It looks grim for now but, once the flood of new characters start people will have all kinds of teams. I think ppl want for focus on just one kind of team but if they introduce the kind of PVP bouns they have on HODA you will not survive with a sole Jedi team.
  • In my opinion, the Devs did bring significant change to the meta with the nerf to Barris. I have seen a number of new team compositions that have driven me to focus on other characters; however, the Jedi characters have taken a huge hit with Sid's 35% evade ability.
    I think the introduction of character static ability blockers would be nice. A Yoda character could fill this role nicely!
  • The Jedi teams will still work....problem is that you need to NOT use just healing Jedi. I am a payed player yes, but the crutch of three healers was what people used.

The new meta for Jedi has changed. Qui gon, Aalya, anakin....hell even pylo is good when leveled. Jedi are not bad now, your healing Jedi just got balanced.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    We're all adjusting to the "Order 66 Patch" of last week. There is no balance now, everyone is switching to dark side teams. I'm sure there will be more adjustments.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Not everyone has discovered all the synergies yet...there are a few on the light side that could be very interesting. All Jedi teams were the obvious choice to start, now its time to think a little on team comps
  • I find a mostly Jedi team with Ima as leader to still be successful. Usually I roll with Ima, Lumi, Fisto and Barris (yes even post-nerf since she is highly leveled/geared up ) and my 5th is Sid. If I had a 5th Jedi who was strong like Ben, Ayala or Anakin I could see going all Jedi and competing.

Regardless, I think most of us are eagerly awaiting Yoda. I know I would make him my top priority to obtain as soon as he drops :smiley:
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    elshark81 wrote: »
    I find a mostly Jedi team with Ima as leader to still be successful. Usually I roll with Ima, Lumi, Fisto and Barris (yes even post-nerf since she is highly leveled/geared up ) and my 5th is Sid. If I had a 5th Jedi who was strong like Ben, Ayala or Anakin I could see going all Jedi and competing.

Regardless, I think most of us are eagerly awaiting Yoda. I know I would make him my top priority to obtain as soon as he drops :smiley:

Oh I agree. When using the right combo, a jedi team can still be very successful. The fact is, they did make this latest patch in favor of the sith (darth maul doing tons more damage to jedi, lord sid gaining an extra 30% evasion against jedi) and count dooku... being his old **** self.

I would like yoda to have a cool team ability whether it is a leader thing, or a skill to remove negative effects from team mates (or help jedi). In addition to this, I would def like to see him hit pretty hard and swift :P
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    double post

• Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Edited

Post edited by Chany on
This discussion has been closed.