Mk8 Biotech Implant Salvage

Prev134
I really wish they'd do something about these.... like maybe putting them back into raid rewards? It's salvage. It should be easier to get than it is. Although they are a pain to farm and you always need them, at least we have multiple ways to farm things like stun cuffs, stun guns and mk3 carbanti. The implant salvage is a different story and paying 2000 crystals for a crafted mk 8 biotech implant is unappealing to say the least. It's a great game and I think the gear problem isn't as bad as we all make it out to be.... with the exception of this salvage. It's 60 of the salvage a pop and its one of the more common pieces needed by characters. It's the only piece of gear I honestly can say is hampering my ability to enjoy this game at the moment.

Replies

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    inb4 drones of people going "I have 1000 of them keep them out of raid rewards!"
  • Keep your characters at G10/G11 and youll be fine
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    People keep saying these aren't in raid rewards, but I've definitely gotten them recently. Am I missing something there?

And no, it's not the part you get from challenges. I check every time to make sure I'm actually getting salvage I need.

Not to suggest that I wouldn't like to see more of them - I'm always short on dem eyeballs.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    64e94yqqvrkv.png

This is the one OP is talking about which isn’t in the raid rewards.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    People keep saying these aren't in raid rewards, but I've definitely gotten them recently. Am I missing something there?

And no, it's not the part you get from challenges. I check every time to make sure I'm actually getting salvage I need.

Not to suggest that I wouldn't like to see more of them - I'm always short on dem eyeballs.

Both were in the raid rewards and due to insistance on -taking challenge gear out- the prototype got taken out.

I doubt we will see anyone who was previously posting piles of them now posting their diminished piles. Confirmation bias at it's best xD.
  • It's challenge gear given for free multiple times a week how could anyone need it that bad?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Gcdevil wrote: »
    It's challenge gear given for free multiple times a week how could anyone need it that bad?

Check the total amount you need from swgoh.gg. There is your answer. It's basically carbanti no.2.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    It's challenge gear given for free multiple times a week how could anyone need it that bad?

Check the total amount you need from swgoh.gg. There is your answer. It's basically carbanti no.2.

Carbanti, Which is also challenge gear...I've been stashing for a month and buying it and I'm at 300... And Revan needs 400 of them himself...
  • Gcdevil wrote: »

I used to think that same thing. Now I’ve got 67 g12 characters and I’ve been out of them for months. As soon as I get to 60 they get used.
  • Gcdevil wrote: »

You get maybe 50-60 a week from challenges. When practically every character needs at least one eyeball for g12 it doesn't take much to end up like me.9285b3ubitfi.jpg
  • Maybe it's just me but the black part the mk8 components are the one I can't keep enough of every character needs them just as much as the salvage and they aren't nearly as easy to come by from my experience
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Maybe it's just me but the black part the mk8 components are the one I can't keep enough of every character needs them just as much as the salvage and they aren't nearly as easy to come by from my experience

Black part is the prototype. It has the best ROI amongst similar gear from shipments. 750 crystals for a full pop. 1250 crystals is the rest of the pop (salvage) and 1400 crystals for a carbanti for comparison.

Salvage is needed in 60s compared to 50 for prototype. Both are in extreme demand.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    inb4 drones of people going "I have 1000 of them keep them out of raid rewards!"

Lol I was one of those people a few months back when they first announced that they were being removed from raid rewards. Fast forward to now and I'm down to about 200 of them. I've switched sides in the argument you could say.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Keep your characters at G10/G11 and youll be fine

What a **** and unhelpful response.

That's what many does for a resource management tactic though. While I'm a completionist my guild has some successful players that only goes to g11 for anything besides arena teams.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    64e94yqqvrkv.png

Oh. Wow. While I currently have hundreds of those I guess I could see how they'd become a problem later on - but changing raid rewards to benefit the 0.1% of players who have enough G12s to have this issue still seems like a bad move.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

These posts are seriously getting old.... forum rules prevent retribution.... must..... contain.....myself....... ignore trollsssss delete....cyberman delete delete delete bvwahhhhhhrrrraaa head asplode
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    64e94yqqvrkv.png

Oh. Wow. While I currently have hundreds of those I guess I could see how they'd become a problem later on - but changing raid rewards to benefit the 0.1% of players who have enough G12s to have this issue still seems like a bad move.

Lol .1 ok dude.... 5 months ago i was posting JUST like you..... i was dead wrong super dead wrong just like you are now..... enjoy the crunch when it hits lololololol i pity these people the day they realized how wrong they were
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    64e94yqqvrkv.png

All players in my guild is hitting this issue. It's not a privileged class issue but a veteran issue. Veterans are not %0.1 of the game population. And you'll also be a veteran sooner or later, some new folk will be telling you how they don't see what you are talking about.

The truth is built into the numbers though. The bottleneck is there by design, we only worsened it by not resisting enough when they took this piece out.
  • thedrjojo wrote: »

Carbanti, Which is also challenge gear...I've been stashing for a month and buying it and I'm at 300... And Revan needs 400 of them himself...

Dang, I thought I was doing well with 150 saved up :/
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    64e94yqqvrkv.png

Lol .1 ok dude.... 5 months ago i was posting JUST like you..... i was dead wrong super dead wrong just like you are now..... enjoy the crunch when it hits lololololol i pity these people the day they realized how wrong they were

Now you know how we felt back then 🤣
  • The difference between this part and carbantis is that the carbantis are used both to make stun guns as well as used by themselves to fill gear spots. If there were a piece of gear that were just made up of the salvage, then these could be a true bottleneck, but they are only needed in cojunction with the prototype pieces to make the full piece. I have 1500 of the salvage, but only 25 of the prototype right now, so I see the prototypes as the true bottleneck for making the full implant.
  • EdSolo wrote: »
    The difference between this part and carbantis is that the carbantis are used both to make stun guns as well as used by themselves to fill gear spots. If there were a piece of gear that were just made up of the salvage, then these could be a true bottleneck, but they are only needed in cojunction with the prototype pieces to make the full piece. I have 1500 of the salvage, but only 25 of the prototype right now, so I see the prototypes as the true bottleneck for making the full implant.

You would think so, but you need more salvage per part, and you're probably buying prototypes, but not salvage. Eventually, that will catch up to you, when you need five of the dang things for every G12 character. I recently ran out of salvage too, and it's no fun.
    The difference between this part and carbantis is that the carbantis are used both to make stun guns as well as used by themselves to fill gear spots. If there were a piece of gear that were just made up of the salvage, then these could be a true bottleneck, but they are only needed in cojunction with the prototype pieces to make the full piece. I have 1500 of the salvage, but only 25 of the prototype right now, so I see the prototypes as the true bottleneck for making the full implant.

Soooo... how many g12 characters do you have?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    EdSolo wrote: »

"Balls" are also nested in other gear. If we made a stun gun correlation the ball piece(salvage) you are getting from challenges would be carbanti equivalent of stun gun. Just calculate the total amount of each pieces that goes into stun guns and balls using swgoh.gg (and considering the gear they are nested in also). Last time I checked I was in need of 260 full balls at 4.2m GP.

You'll see how miniscule your stock is compared to what you need. A single digit no of toons can get you to the bottleneck where you start lacking both. From there acquiring the prototype costs much less, you will start regularly buying it, but you will fret to buy the other one as it cost close to 2x the proto.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    64e94yqqvrkv.png

Now you know how we felt back then 🤣

Oh im with you i actually really feel bad aboiut it
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Enfys Nest needs 240 and Han Solo needs 300. Two top tier meta toons alone would take 540 gold balls which is one-third of your resources piled up over 15 months

See you again in 4 months complaining about this same exact issue

Looks like you don't have many g12s to boot.Start gearing up more characters and see how quickly that 1500 vanishes
  • No_Try wrote: »

"Balls" are also nested in other gear. If we made a stun gun correlation the ball piece(salvage) you are getting from challenges would be carbanti equivalent of stun gun. Just calculate the total amount of each pieces that goes into stun guns and balls using swgoh.gg (and considering the gear they are nested in also). Last time I checked I was in need of 260 full balls at 4.2m GP.

You'll see how miniscule your stock is compared to what you need. A single digit no of toons can get you to the bottleneck where you start lacking both. From there acquiring the prototype costs much less, you will start regularly buying it, but you will fret to buy the other one as it cost close to 2x the proto.

Yep that 375 for 25 protos is the best deal in shipments. I buy them all the time so every time I get 60 of the regular salvage I can put it to use.
  • I have been playing for a long time (since launch). I have heard people complain about this issue for a long time. I hesitate to include my 2 cents because the issue may in fact be a problem that I just haven't encountered, but I have yet to run into this bottleneck. Still have 1100 Mk8 Salvage and only 50 Mk8 Prototype.

Makes me think this is primarily a whaling issue, but maybe I'm just not L337 enough to know.

For reference: 46 G12, 3.8M GP (https://swgoh.gg/p/929739623/characters/). Yes I know I am just utterly hopeless, please don't make me crie. :'(