Why does Ben Kenobi's mind trick affect droids?

Nonemo
1656 posts Member
This goes on the contrary with established SW lore. I don't really bother too much with whether the skill is imbalanced or not from a gameplay perspective. This just feels... Off. And I hope Devs will reconsider, if only for the sake of sticking with the lore.

Replies

• Darkness
    238 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    these-are-not-the-droids.jpg
    Because
  • Logic
  • Lol you have a point. I guess this is the part where we need to imagine a little more, maybe he knows how to short circuit droid systems? I recall the force can do that but yeah it's not called mind trick.
  • Ser_Phoenix
    142 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Fudgement wrote: »
    Lol you have a point. I guess this is the part where we need to imagine a little more, maybe he knows how to short circuit droid systems? I recall the force can do that but yeah it's not called mind trick.

I'm pretty sure you could short circuit HK-47 till the cows come home, and he'd still shoot you in the face.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    The same reason stunned characters can evade? :) They just didn't think to put it in.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Remember when Qui Gon attempted to trick the battle droids so they could escape naboo? And they were all haha no.
  • dauz6063
    73 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Its just game mechanics, I am more shock at jedi/sith cant deflect laser from blaster.
  • Even in the prequals those nasty battledroids got mind tricked more than once! The roger roger ones.. those from the trade federation.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    dauz6063 wrote: »
    Its just game mechanics, I am more shock at jedi/sith cant deflect laser from blaster.
    Same problem with Jedi using The Force to heal droids. Shouldn't be, but it's so.
    And an Ewok with a bow & arrow is going to take down Vader or HK47? (Maybe it's Ewok Hawkeye.)

At some point even Star Wars logic has to defer to making the game actually work.

My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Talking of Logic ;) why is Lumi always healing Dooku and Sideous. Traitor!
  • It works on Poggle as well, and in a movie, the younger obione tried and failed as well.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • I'll draw the line if it works on Watto lol
  • I'll draw the line if it works on Watto lol

You know....I forgot about him. He should throw pod racers at you as a special
  • How can Anakin fight alongside Vader? They are two fallacies here.
  • Pure_Pazaak
    386 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Dashboard wrote: »
    How can Anakin fight alongside Vader? They are two fallacies here.
    They're holograms. A key point brought up very early in the game. How can HK-47 fight alongside Mace Windu and Luke Skywalker? OK, bad example since he's technically immortal, but you get the point.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Nonemo wrote: »
    This goes on the contrary with established SW lore. I don't really bother too much with whether the skill is imbalanced or not from a gameplay perspective. This just feels... Off. And I hope Devs will reconsider, if only for the sake of sticking with the lore.

Lmao I wondered the same thing
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    How old is anakin in this game? Is he younger or older than the Luke character? Would be funny if the son was older than the father
  • Jedis can't use mind tricks on droids. Mace Windu and Darth Sidius would never fight side-by-side.

Holo-Jedis can use mind tricks on holo-droids. Holo-Mace can team up with Holo-Sid to take down Holo-Anakin and Holo-Dooku.

You're playing an Andorid/iOS Star Wars game in which your character is playing a holosim tournament using holographic representations of important figures in the SW lore. Expecting "realism" is a little absurd here, isn't it?
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    You're playing an Andorid/iOS Star Wars game in which your character is playing a holosim tournament using holographic representations of important figures in the SW lore. Expecting "realism" is a little absurd here, isn't it?
    I'm expecting the holograms to be projected out of my phone and to interact with the physical world.
    (I also fondly remember watching "Automan" back in the '80s. No relation there I'm sure.)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.