Still horrible waste of time

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Disagree
  • I hate it so much. I can't make any progress on attack
  • I hate it so much. I can't make any progress on attack

Who's forcing you to play GA?
  • Then just sign up and do nothing. Still get free stuff.
  • And another glorious victory against someone who didn’t even try. What Grandeur!
  • aikiman78 wrote: »
    Then just sign up and do nothing. Still get free stuff.

Please please please please no!!!! If you don't want to attack... fine! But at least set something on defence so people can work on quests, collect some credits and most importantly have some fun actually playing this game rather than complaining about it. It's so inconsiderate and unkind of people joining and not taking part. It's not your opponents fault you can't beat them so don't punish them.
  • I had someone not set defense on me, doesn't bother me either way, one step closer to winning.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    If you're problem is you can't make any good attacks, why not tell us the enemy defense and your roster/defense so we can suggest what to do next time?

For me, I messed up versus my attack opponents Bastila defense (fractured the wrong guy), so I only cleared the bottom half off the board. Still enjoyed the match even though I'm locked out of first place rewards
  • The game is forcing me to play GA. If I want to stay even remotely competitive I need the loot just like anyone. So, I set a crappy defense and save my good toons for attack. I am in the process of losing to a KRU(z)g12, KR(z) G11 and FO pilotG11. I'm using all G12 teams and can't even get the protection down. I have a good roster but had already used Thrawn on another team. So I'm going to lose, again. Hate it so much
  • I can't win GA. I deserve to. I am going light my car on fire. /sarcasm.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The game is forcing me to play GA. If I want to stay even remotely competitive I need the loot just like anyone. So, I set a crappy defense and save my good toons for attack. I am in the process of losing to a KRU(z)g12, KR(z) G11 and FO pilotG11. I'm using all G12 teams and can't even get the protection down. I have a good roster but had already used Thrawn on another team. So I'm going to lose, again. Hate it so much

This is called user error. It sounds like you have a bad strategy, not that we have a bad game mode. Maybe ask for help or work on your strategy for next time, or dont join if it is this frustrating for you to earn the small amount of rewards.
  • There does seem to be a perception from some players that they 'have' to play GA and are being 'forced' into a game mode they don't like for (insert reason of choice for the particular player)

If the rewards for GA were uber, like a new toon or ship, that you could only get in the GA rewards then maybe they might be correct

The rewards aren't uber though they are ok for the most part but nothing spectacular. If you don't get them it certainly shouldn't destroy your roster or put you at such a massive disadvantage against other players. The rewards are just a bit of icing mostly

So please stop saying you are forced into playing GA, you have to join to play, it's not an auto join and have to opt out button

Perspective is a wonderful thing, can't wait for some people to find theirs
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The game is forcing me to play GA. If I want to stay even remotely competitive I need the loot just like anyone. So, I set a crappy defense and save my good toons for attack. I am in the process of losing to a KRU(z)g12, KR(z) G11 and FO pilotG11. I'm using all G12 teams and can't even get the protection down. I have a good roster but had already used Thrawn on another team. So I'm going to lose, again. Hate it so much

This is called user error. It sounds like you have a bad strategy, not that we have a bad game mode. Maybe ask for help or work on your strategy for next time, or dont join if it is this frustrating for you to earn the small amount of rewards.

Again, need the loot, like everyone does. And no, it's bad game mode if none of my toons can dent a team that is lesser in gear. It's not strategy if I either can't get an attack off or am stunned half the fight. I literally can't get past the protection with good teams. Even took out my nightsisters.
  • There does seem to be a perception from some players that they 'have' to play GA and are being 'forced' into a game mode they don't like for (insert reason of choice for the particular player)

If the rewards for GA were uber, like a new toon or ship, that you could only get in the GA rewards then maybe they might be correct

The rewards aren't uber though they are ok for the most part but nothing spectacular. If you don't get them it certainly shouldn't destroy your roster or put you at such a massive disadvantage against other players. The rewards are just a bit of icing mostly

So please stop saying you are forced into playing GA, you have to join to play, it's not an auto join and have to opt out button

Perspective is a wonderful thing, can't wait for some people to find theirs

If you don't play, you don't get loot, you aren't competitive in anything else. You can pass on it, yes, but you don't advance as fast. If I didn't do raids and complained I don't get loot I'd understand your argument
  • The amount of rewards you get for playing in GA is small, nothing compared to raid rewards, so thinking that you are going to fall a long way behind any power curve because you haven't taken part in GA is daft.

You will be missing out on some rewards yes but certainly not anything that should make players think that they have to take part.

If missing out on the GA rewards is truly going to hamstring your roster and your advancement in other areas of the game, then you probably have bigger problems than a few missed zeta mats or pieces of salvage
  • Kyno wrote: »

Again, need the loot, like everyone does. And no, it's bad game mode if none of my toons can dent a team that is lesser in gear. It's not strategy if I either can't get an attack off or am stunned half the fight. I literally can't get past the protection with good teams. Even took out my nightsisters.

It's your bad strategy and it has nothing to do with the game mode. If this team you're up against is so invincible, why aren't we seeing first order everywhere in the arena? You simply haven't figured out a good counter team yet.

Even if first order were OP, that would have nothing to do with grand arena.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

If none of your characters can dent a team then you need better characters. There are no unbeatable teams, but they might be unbeatable for *you* if you haven’t farmed and geared the correct counters, used those counters in the wrong place, played those counters poorly, and/or have terrible mods, all of which are things in your own control and not the fault of the game mode.