Just bring him back sheesh... you’ll make more money if you do it now

2Next

Replies

• Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member

Do devs read feedback forum?
    Yes. Otherwise, what would be the point of asking for feedback?
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • I will try to be nice.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Tamrial147 wrote: »
    Honestly the logic behind delaying revan is just terrible. This was the biggest cash grab they have ever done and ever since all anyone wanted for Christmas or even birthdays was a big fat delicious box filled with G12 revanie goodness. Delaying him means more time for prep and less panic buying or farming and in turn making it just a flop for second run profits... and we know they are not afraid to show they want money. Delaying till end of feb... what a joke then everyone will have time to get him. March? Just give him away for free sheesh. Not releasing him sooner rather then empty EA pockets later makes 0 sense.

You’re missing the long con. Making money off the second appearance is less important than training people that skipping such events the first time is a highly detrimental decision.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    This means they need to not only have events that make people want to spend money, but they need to give a healthy amount of time after new releases to make sure they are respecting people's investments.
    Look at the top of the Arena. It's filled with Revans. 51-100 prize is 100 crystals per day. Top prize is 500 crystals. My guess is that most Revan users are getting somewhat around 150 crystals per day, at least. For 95 days, it's 14 250 crystals already. And even if JKR event will be brought back tomorrow, these guys will keep getting a profit for at least two weeks. Ain't that enough for "respecting investments"?

Nope. As I just explained, it isn't enough.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The concept of constructive feedback implies that it will be heard. Otherwise, it's not a feedback. For now, I have no reason to think that people I'm speaking about are hearing me, whether am I constructive or not.
    If they did, of course I wouldn't behave like that.

l5945pkq7bl9.jpg

Do you think that calling people names, or making broad baseless assumptions is constructive feedback?

Giving feedback has nothing to do with who is or is not listening, but yes they do read the forums. What you believe again has nothing to do with feedback being done in a constructive manner. You can choose to leave constructive feedback or not, it's all up to you.
    You made the choices about what to farm and what plans to abandon or follow through, I'm not sure who else could be at fault for your situation regarding how many and which characters you have unlocked and leveled.

This game is about planning, and realizing the limitations of your own situation and where you want to be.
    The difficulty of events doesn't change.
    There is no shortcut. One character doesn't change the whole game, but there are other game modes that require more than 1 toon/team. Even arena has a shifting meta, that requires more attention than just a focus on the now.

Sorry for the disconnected order of my response.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    If you are ready for the event when it comes back, you will be rewarded
    In case if developers won't decide to
    1. Raise event difficulty
    2. Release buyable gear packs
    Both, in sum, designed to repeat that cash grab on JKR hysteria.
    Kyno wrote: »
    He is at 95 days, so everyone was expecting him to come back in the early side of the average, that's great, maybe the dev team figured that such an impactful toon deserved some prep time to make sure a wider cross section can get him the second time around. That would seem like a good thing for the community.
    Looks more like they're trying to figure out how to make a second Forced Cash Drain. I've heard some rumors on new gear tier, new levelcap etc...
    For now, JKR tops every other legendary in [ usability of required characters / total farm length / usability of legendary character itself ]. That gives new players like myself a good shortcut into the "Major League", meaning heroic sith raid and other stuff like that. An opportuinty to skip millenia of farming JTR through BB-8, CLS through R2-D2, nightsisters and etc. Some people are saying "git gud". Yeah, right. To git gud, I needz gear. From sith raid, because I've never seen any good drop from two other raids in my entire SWGOH lifetime. To "git gud" with gear from sith raid kinda takes completing him more than once per month. Which takes being in a good raiding guild. Which takes having a good legendaries for a sith raid. Which takes millenia to farm and gear up. Where is the fun in that? Like - if I'm not playing this game since release, then I have to wait a year before game will maybe start being more entertaining?
    again being "upset" that it didn't come back when you wanted it to is not a reason to blame anyone else, it is your assumption
    Somewhere around previous JKR event I had to decide whether I'm farming for him or I'm finishing my Phoenix team. I've decided to put all my effort into JKR, and because of that I have no 7* legenadaries while I was prety much able to get 7* Palpatine and 7* Thrawn and, through them, 7* R2-D2, probably. Isn't that a good reason for being upset?
    Is that my fault?
    I think not. In the game where progression takes huge time and good planning, how the hell am I supposed to plan anything as long as events may come, or they may not, or they can be "held off" any time, or "pushed forward" with other events like the rumored release of JKR hard counter, or whatever might be other ways to mess with all the planning?
    Do you really think that to leave constructive feedback you need to call people names? That is what you are doing.
    The concept of constructive feedback implies that it will be heard. Otherwise, it's not a feedback. For now, I have no reason to think that people I'm speaking about are hearing me, whether am I constructive or not.
    If they did, of course I wouldn't behave like that.
    If you cant see any constructive way to express yourself, I suggest you work on being more creative, others have done it. I have faith in you.
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    People are free to come onto the forums and make a post that says, "I'm not happy about this thing (for x reasons)."
    Everything else is simply grandstanding.
    Do devs read feedback forum?

Don't worry the event will return. And I think you made a very wise choice by going for revan first. It will pay off. But they won't announce the return until 1 week before so it could be 8 days off or a little longer but likely not much more than that.
  • Tamrial147 wrote: »
    Honestly the logic behind delaying revan is just terrible. This was the biggest cash grab they have ever done and ever since all anyone wanted for Christmas or even birthdays was a big fat delicious box filled with G12 revanie goodness. Delaying him means more time for prep and less panic buying or farming and in turn making it just a flop for second run profits... and we know they are not afraid to show they want money. Delaying till end of feb... what a joke then everyone will have time to get him. March? Just give him away for free sheesh. Not releasing him sooner rather then empty EA pockets later makes 0 sense.

Along with what other people said, they also have to consider "health" of the game. That is to say, is it healthy to bring back Revan at this time and then have the arena be 99% Revan? Probably not. They will wait until a hard counter is released or close to release. P2P will get the hard counter (CG gets their money here) and then everyone else will get Revan (most for free).
  • Traya still seems to be doing well in the top of my shard, just saying. They're probably waiting for 5 golden tickets to be found.
  • I'm still farming OR as fast as I can and won't even be ready in a month. So i'm fine with the delay. I hope its delayed longer haha. Maybe they are just catering this to me?
  • Please wait i got one more character left to farm xD
  • In all honesty I see the delay being on purpose for a reason knowing e.a they will bring another toon out that becomes a new meta so we've all been grindimg for Revan than boom e.a has caught the masses off guard an bring a new game changer which makes jkr less viable which in toe creates an new paywall for that toon
  • Frustrating yes am I going to cry about it no it's just a fun game to play an makes it less boring
  • Puddleduck wrote: »
    Frustrating yes am I going to cry about it no it's just a fun game to play an makes it less boring

If I had to guess, it would be Darth Revan. There hae been 4 KotOR characters released in marquee events, and now there was an Ahnold video about a panic farm for Darth Revan.
  • If I Had to guess, it would be that they're skipping Sith month this year (or Sith will get nothing spectacular).
  • That would be like skipping Christmas! The sith month should bring a counter to revan. Or maybe his ship flight got canceled. lol
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    That would be like skipping Christmas! The sith month should bring a counter to revan. Or maybe his ship flight got canceled. lol

a counter could be a marquee though, which i find more likely than another major character (legendary/journey) in februari.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Woodroward wrote: »
    If I Had to guess, it would be that they're skipping Sith month this year (or Sith will get nothing spectacular).

With all the open doors (even more so with the possibility of revan returning) there are plenty of Sith things that could result from.what we have becoming farmable right now.

There is no reason to think they are skipping it. There is plenty of solid things that could come of it.
  • KOTOR is hitting the Crystal Store again this week. If that is any indication, Revan could be returning soon...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/ajbcqy/this_weeks_weekly_crystal_shipments/

• KOTOR is hitting the Crystal Store again this week. If that is any indication, Revan could be returning soon...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/ajbcqy/this_weeks_weekly_crystal_shipments/

Who else but Quagm... Reddit? Giggity
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Altazarus wrote: »
    They can always make unlocking him this time around requiring G12+ equipment, 6* speed mods of minimum +20 speed on each, and fully zetaed characters the aboslute minimum, taking well over a hundred times.
    km69mcckhxai.gif

This discussion has been closed.