Update Today between 3PM-4PM Pacific. See Official Forums For Information

2Next

Replies

• I know it’s a nitpick and won’t matter an hour from now, but why isn’t the written update note ready before the notification is live in game? It just sounds so much simpler and efficient, but I digress.

Probably because the devs and marketing are on different teams and the devs HAD to push their code to the server. Not saying that's ok.... but probably the reason :)
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Click bait, smh
    Every time I refresh the forum I feel like a sucker
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    They used to publish the patch notes a few hours before the patch was pushed. The last few months, they publish the patch notes a few minutes after the game reboots for the patch.

Not sure why - I doubt the extra couple of hours would give players some secret insight into something they should be doing before the update goes live.

It’s just so that they can capitalize on another opportunity to disrespect us with their lack of communication.
  • Hope it's a real update and not just details of pack bundles that are coming available
  • CG developers should consider doing their deployments when arena payouts are over the atlantic or pacific so it doesn't affect one of the heavy traffic times.
  • DarkCurse wrote: »
    CG developers should consider doing their deployments when arena payouts are over the atlantic or pacific so it doesn't affect one of the heavy traffic times.

Logic.....logic is not allowed here. Shame on you.
  • Darth Jar Jar unrevelong
  • Dre679 wrote: »
    Darth Jar Jar unrevelong

Looks like jar jar got to your post.
  • Lol this is a little like wiping your backside before you use the can lol
  • So tonight we get to find out why they have been delaying the road ahead again. We surely living in interesting times.
  • It won't be anything except addressing the MilFalcon issues and such; nothing big or new.
  • 3po in the update pic..... Likely the Sith raid nerf....
  • Sometimes I think the game notifications are the equivalent of a sign that says "Don't read this." If it's just a silent restart then don't redirect us to the forums. If there are update notes then post them before the notification goes live. Do or do not. TINT.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    3po in the update pic..... Likely the Sith raid nerf....

Wasn't Threepio, it's the silver droid from the cantina floor/quests.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    They used to publish the patch notes a few hours before the patch was pushed. The last few months, they publish the patch notes a few minutes after the game reboots for the patch.

Not sure why - I doubt the extra couple of hours would give players some secret insight into something they should be doing before the update goes live.

You must not have been around for the precraft fiasco or the original mod release and subsequent fix when players who read the information on the forums were able to get a significant edge on those who did not.
  • To be fair they did warn the update could be updated by a new update in the last bit of txt in the update popup about the up date1fmaim44h2ih.jpg
  • It's an update to the update notification system.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    3po in the update pic..... Likely the Sith raid nerf....

Wasn't Threepio, it's the silver droid from the cantina floor/quests.

"Nice to see a familiar face"
    "EaChutta"
    "How rude!"
  • Shellzbutt wrote: »
    To be fair they did warn the update could be updated by a new update in the last bit of txt in the update popup about the up date1fmaim44h2ih.jpg

They are trolling themselves....good to see they can have fun still.
  • What are the chances of revam for Jan 31st? :p
  • A other infinite loop!...... But this one is about updates....
  • New Year, old level of communication.
  • Probably just a bug fix.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    FYI update pushed to 6:15.

And super underwhelming notes on thier way.
This discussion has been closed.