Chancellor Palpatine Kit Idea

DaPowerfulJedi
3185 posts Member
edited January 2019
59sj2p6625rm.jpg

Chancellor Palpatine
Light Side, Support, Galactic Republic

Deceive Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them. For each buff dispelled, Chancellor Palpatine gains 15% turn meter and has a 25% chance to increase the duration of all non unique debuffs the target is suffering by 1 turn. This attack can’t be countered or evaded.

Dew it! Special 1: Grant target ally critical chance and critical damage up for 2 turns and call them to assist. If the target enemy is defeated, Chancellor Palpatine and the target recover 100% health and gain +10 speed (stacking) for the rest of the battle. (Cooldown 3)

We Must Move Quickly Special 2: Grant all allies 75% turn meter and speed up for 3 turns. Inflict speed and potency down for 3 turns on all enemies. Enemies who resist this attack lose 100% turn meter, which can’t be resisted. (Cooldown 5)

I Love Democracy Leader: At the start of the battle, all allies have all of their base stats increased by 8%. ZETA: +7%

Are You Going to Kill Me? Unique: Chancellor Palpatine has +100% defense. While he is active, all dark side allies gain +20% accuracy and potency. In addition, whenever a dark side ally damages an enemy, they gain advantage and potency up for 1 turn. ZETA: Whenever a dark side ally damages an enemy, Chancellor Palpatine recovers 5% health and protection.
Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on

Replies

• I think it's a great kit idea. It's cool that he's a light side character but gives boosts to dark side with his unique, very fitting for his character. I also like how his basic attack dispels all status effects, even negative ones, and turns them into turn meter for himself; it's an ability that benefits him potentially at the expense of his teammates, which is also very fitting.
  • I think We must move quickly should start on cooldown. It's very good
  • I think We must move quickly should start on cooldown. It's very good

I disagree. It's not on the level of Annihilate or Illuminated Destiny. It'd be a great opening move in arena, especially if you don't have good luck with rolling speed mods.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Maybe make him Dark Side instead of Light Side

Maybe Neutral? Because he was presenting himself as the good guy even though he wasn't really.
  • Overall a really great kit. I love it. Only thing is...his basic. It shouldn't do any damage or be changed altogether.
    The reason for this is that it would be broken under a Zeta Darth Vader lead. It would be an infinite loop! Other than that thou I see no issues with the kit. Great idea.
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Overall a really great kit. I love it. Only thing is...his basic. It shouldn't do any damage or be changed altogether.
    The reason for this is that it would be broken under a Zeta Darth Vader lead. It would be an infinite loop! Other than that thou I see no issues with the kit. Great idea.

Wow, I didn’t think of that interaction. I’ll get rid of debuff dispel and just keep the buff dispel.
  • Wow, didn't catch that loop. Great catch Ichiraikou.
  • Maybe for the basic you could remove the damage and make the debuff duration increase guaranteed. If this is too overpowered, you could reduce the turn meter gain. If it's too underpowered, it could have a slight increase. Now I agree that We Must Move Quickly shouldn't start on cooldown, but I think it should have a higher cooldown. It's awesome, but I think it's a little bit overpowered for its cooldown. I think this because with his leadership, Palpatine is increasing speed and potency. His unique also gives tons of potency and his first special can give extra speed. I don't think he'd break the game, but that's a lot of bonus speed and potency.
    This is such an amazing kit. Thanks for spending the time to make it. I really enjoy it. (Also, what kind of event would unlock the Chancelor?)
  • Maybe for the basic you could remove the damage and make the debuff duration increase guaranteed. If this is too overpowered, you could reduce the turn meter gain. If it's too underpowered, it could have a slight increase. Now I agree that We Must Move Quickly shouldn't start on cooldown, but I think it should have a higher cooldown. It's awesome, but I think it's a little bit overpowered for its cooldown. I think this because with his leadership, Palpatine is increasing speed and potency. His unique also gives tons of potency and his first special can give extra speed. I don't think he'd break the game, but that's a lot of bonus speed and potency.
    This is such an amazing kit. Thanks for spending the time to make it. I really enjoy it. (Also, what kind of event would unlock the Chancelor?)
    Probably a Sepratist or Galactic Republic team

• Maybe for the basic you could remove the damage and make the debuff duration increase guaranteed. If this is too overpowered, you could reduce the turn meter gain. If it's too underpowered, it could have a slight increase.
    I see no reason for him to not deal damage. They could give him a little blaster or something. I think a 25% chance to increase duration for each buff dispelled is a fair amount, same with the 15% turn meter gain.
    Now I agree that We Must Move Quickly shouldn't start on cooldown, but I think it should have a higher cooldown. It's awesome, but I think it's a little bit overpowered for its cooldown. I think this because with his leadership, Palpatine is increasing speed and potency. His unique also gives tons of potency and his first special can give extra speed. I don't think he'd break the game, but that's a lot of bonus speed and potency.
    Alright, I’ll increase the cooldown to 5 turns because of his turn meter gains and boosted speed.
    I was thinking Marquee, but it might be legendary worthy.
  • If they added Chancelor Palpatine they could also add Padme, Jar Jar and other senators and add a “Senator” tag.
  • Zenbreon wrote: »
    If they added Chancelor Palpatine they could also add Padme, Jar Jar and other senators and add a “Senator” tag.

I had been thinking about this, and I wonder if there would be room to create a new status like "prepared" that could be spread around by meeting certain conditions. It might be called "diplomacy" and it would create benefits based on how many different tags exist on the team.

For example, Chancellor Palpatine might have a unique that grants 5% crit damage to each ally that has "diplomacy" for each different tag on living allies.

So if you had a team of Chancellor Palpatine, R2, Nihilus, Bossk, Jawa Engineer, you would have the tags: light side, dark side, support, tank, healer, galactic republic, droid, rebel, resistance, old republic, sith, scoundrel, bounty hunter, crew member, and jawa. That's 15 unique tags, so allies with diplomacy would get +75% crit damage.

It would be a way to craft teams without synergy that would gain bonuses for their lack of synergy. It is design space that hasn't been explored yet and fits the description of "diplomacy."
  • I like that. Kind of a unique thing with a tag like target lock for droids and contracts for bounty hunters
  • Palpatine should have a unique buff: Manipulate.
  • Maybe @Zombefyer, good idea, but this kit doesn't have one, so why don't you make one of your own?
  • Why isn't there a Sith tag? Papa Palps was always a Sith even though he had a fake persona
  • Why isn't there a Sith tag? Papa Palps was always a Sith even though he had a fake persona

I agree, it would make more synergy between him and other Sith.