Chances we get a Road Ahead today

Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Correct me if I’m wrong but it sounds like we’re not waiting for a road ahead... but an update on the road ahead... correct?

That would be correct. Have to get the update to the update before the late road ahead. CG logic🤑
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    ycodly4ko2oz.jpeg
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    It's pretty obvious that they don't care about adhering to this quarterly schedule that people cling to. I dunno why anyone still expects them to.

Because its the cadence they set.

You're focused on what should be versus what is. If they fail 66% of the time, they clearly haven't kept their promise, so the original promise is apparently void.

If I say "I'm not going to punch you in the face," and then I punch you in the face, how many times are you going to let me punch you in the face before you stop holding on to "but he said he wasn't gonna?"

Lol i like that example.

That said, im not going to let you but in that case i would call you a liar everytime you said it to anyone. Lol

As to the point made with the fun example:

I dont expect it on time at this point, but i will voice my displeasure at the lack of it every chance i get until they change
  • I think at this point they should just officially announce that road ahead won’t be the first two weeks of every quarter. Then we won’t get upset when they’re late and they can just surprise us. I think it’s win-win.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    I think at this point we all should think of the road ahead as dead. RIP. It was good while it lasted.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I think at this point we all should think of the road ahead as dead. RIP. It was good while it lasted.

Yep ^^.

I have no faith in anything they have really promised in terms of the forums.

Road ahead = farm all those new OR toons and Sith ships. No Grevious or Jedi rework in sight.
  • NoobSaibot12321
    191 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    How bout now? How bout now? How bout now?
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    My guess. Feb 8th.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Correct me if I’m wrong but it sounds like we’re not waiting for a road ahead... but an update on the road ahead... correct?

correct.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Wow players road ahead closed due to ****.... shame post was amazing and had work put into it.... unreal
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    Chances are @JediKnight_MarkRyan 's effort was not fictional enough. So EA_Cian probably figured it might upset CG because JediKnight_MarkRyan beat them to that and now Ms. CG Road Ahead Manager needs to go back to the drawing board for another month and think of something else ;)
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Wow players road ahead closed due to ****.... shame post was amazing and had work put into it.... unreal

No real reason to close it. Purely satire. CG did it to themselves. Shame.

I put a lot of hard work into that 😭😭😭. I think CG is a great company. I don’t know of any other mobile game like this where players interact with the devs... to be fair it was a little snarky... but all in good fun. I’m going to bed. 😭
  • Yeah in hindsight, them saying that they were focusing on OT characters seems a bit.... wrong? One character and one ship.

I took the “focus” to mean that they might do things like... I dunno, give characters like Ackbar, Wedge, Lando and Lobot their zetas finally? Releasing some of the OT NPCs that are in LS and DS TBs?

I put a lot of hard work into that 😭😭😭. I think CG is a great company. I don’t know of any other mobile game like this where players interact with the devs... to be fair it was a little snarky... but all in good fun. I’m going to bed. 😭

It used to be even better because the developers interacted with the players instead of it being one-sided! Those days are clearly long over though.

Upcoming post: “We have heard the positive feedback on our delayed road ahead and are delaying it further as requested!”
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

It used to be even better because the developers interacted with the players instead of it being one-sided! Those days are clearly long over though.

Upcoming post: “We have heard the positive feedback on our delayed road ahead and are delaying it further as requested!”

It's hilarious now, they will instantly respond to a lot of praise and sometimes questions that are directed towards their decisions that many times need extra clarifications. They will NEVER respond to any criticism however valid it may be and especially ones that call out how obvious these devs and community managers are about not giving 2 flying anythings about anything other than the whales panic spending.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    CG: “mind tricks don’t work on me, only money”
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    exactly this said company you speak of is ran by a bunch of narcissist's. this said company does not care about anything you say or complain about. this said company knows your just a single slice of bread in a grander cosmic loaf.
  • I’m honestly still waiting for the last road ahead post... even though it’s out, but yea their road aheads have gone from awesome to yea that happened a month ago and you tell us something that will come in the next week as a P2P event
  • Road ahead is neither late nor early - it arrives precisely when it means to.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Road ahead is neither late nor early - it arrives precisely when it means to.

Whatever you did, you’ve been officially labeled a 'disturber of the peace'.
  • It would be okay if they told me us they aren’t going to do the road ahead anymore, we understand that things 2-3 maybe months away aren’t polished enough yet to reveal.
    It would also be okay to release a road ahead with SOME things that are planned. If others are not finalized it could be left out. Also I wouldn’t have a problem if the timeline was hazy...maybe something teased gets pushed back a quarter- that’s fair game.
    It is hard when a strict timetable is discussed and then not kept to - I fully realize that the delays are in no way the fault of the communication team, but it feels like a plan that needs revision.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Cat fished and ghosted in just a few months time 😆
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    What's this about punching people? I'm pretty sure that violates forum guidlines?

You are offended he used an example and you are in fear of a c y b e r punch? That was what you got out of the entire point?

Grow up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    It would be okay if they told me us they aren’t going to do the road ahead anymore, we understand that things 2-3 maybe months away aren’t polished enough yet to reveal.
    It would also be okay to release a road ahead with SOME things that are planned. If others are not finalized it could be left out. Also I wouldn’t have a problem if the timeline was hazy...maybe something teased gets pushed back a quarter- that’s fair game.
    It is hard when a strict timetable is discussed and then not kept to - I fully realize that the delays are in no way the fault of the communication team, but it feels like a plan that needs revision.

it was never strict, they were always a little vague about the timing.

they won't say they aren't going to do it, because they are. but they did say it was going to be late. then came back again to state it still wasn't ready and they would come back with an update when they have one.

its never ok for them to say anything they are not going to do, if you haven't noticed. kind of emphasized by your statements above.

more on topic. we are seeing a glimmer of hope for an update soon (ish)
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Ah “soon” the promise that’s always kept. Im hoping it comes before soon.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Ah “soon” the promise that’s always kept. Im hoping it comes before soon.

I have a better track record when I use that word is used. usually because we are kept just as in the dark until things are more real....
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Hoping for an update on the actual road ahead sounds like the actual thing is more than a month away lol
This discussion has been closed.