How to mod my rebel squad?

Rebel_Scumm
55 posts Member
edited January 2019
I need advice on how to mod my rebel squad:
CLS, Chewie, Raid Han, R2, Thrawn ...

Also, I welcome suggestions on Thrawn replacements until I get C3p0.

Edit: here's my profile- https://swgoh.gg/p/767439112/
Post edited by Rebel_Scumm on

Replies

• As much speed as possible, and CD/CC on Luke, Han, and Chewie. Make R2 tanky so he can survive smoke screening himself.

If you want to post your swgoh.gg profile, just copy the link and paste it in your next post. You'll need to set up an account if you haven't already.
  • As much speed as possible, and CD/CC on Luke, Han, and Chewie. Make R2 tanky so he can survive smoke screening himself.

If you want to post your swgoh.gg profile, just copy the link and paste it in your next post. You'll need to set up an account if you haven't already.

Sweet, thank you. Here it is:

https://swgoh.gg/p/767439112/

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    The answer to virtually all "how should I mod" questions is MOAR SPEED.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »

Hah, yeah that's a given. I guess I should have asked a better question... what mod sets are ideal on each character?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

Hah, yeah that's a given. I guess I should have asked a better question... what mod sets are ideal on each character?

My personal system is CD/CC for attackers, health/tenacity for healers/supports, and health/defense/tenacity for tanks. Sub in potency set(s) for anyone with crucial debuff skills, or a speed set whenever I'm either low on good speed secondaries or it's vital that the character goes first, like the Officer on a First Order team. Also note that some characters, like Grandmaster Yoda, are tagged as "support" but are still the main damage dealers for their teams.

That's ideally how I'd do it, anyway. I have horrendous luck with rolling good mods so it usually ends up being "whatever I can slap together that has a decent total speed boost."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

My personal system is CD/CC for attackers, health/tenacity for healers/supports, and health/defense/tenacity for tanks. Sub in potency set(s) for anyone with crucial debuff skills, or a speed set whenever I'm either low on good speed secondaries or it's vital that the character goes first, like the Officer on a First Order team. Also note that some characters, like Grandmaster Yoda, are tagged as "support" but are still the main damage dealers for their teams.

That's ideally how I'd do it, anyway. I have horrendous luck with rolling good mods so it usually ends up being "whatever I can slap together that has a decent total speed boost."

So I probably don't need a speed set on R2, but maybe health/defense/tenacity so his stats boost the other rebels?

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    If you're using them in arena, a speed set on R2 might actually be a good idea since Smoke Screen lets you direct attacks at whoever can best survive them (probably himself or Luke), so having him go first is helpful.

Which just points out that there's no real hard-and-fast rules for modding, it really depends on the situation.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    I run the same line-up except OB instead of Thrawn. I do speed/potency on R2, health/defense/potency on OB, CD/CC on Han and Chewie, and CD/Health on CLS. I prioritize speed secondaries on CLS and Han over Chewie, since they're the only ones that share most of the same sets in my setup. Chewie can afford to be slower since he assists Han and CLS anyways with this setup unless you do some funky modding.
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    Also I would either switch health primaries to protection primaries or upgrade your health primary mods to 6*, otherwise the health increase is too marginal. But I would prioritize higher speed secondaries over that switch. I'd also make sure at least CLS and Han have CD primary triangles, probably Chewie too. For me personally, I'd ditch tenacity sets or primaries unless they're attached to high speed secondaries. FWIW here's my gg if you want to see what works for me: https://swgoh.gg/p/341671947/
  • From what I have seen playing against others in arena, CLS's speed seems to matter far less than his punch and his tankiness. He himself seems a lot like Thrawn in that sense. You know Thrawn's Taekwando is coming. It's not the frequency of it you fear so much as whether it hits 20k damage or 50k
  • Well, it's quite important to mod GAT for health/protection, so you ensure he's not receiving the protection from Chewie.

CLS I mod for potency and speed, as the main point is getting in his TM removal/tenacity down special early. Opponent GAT is a good target for that.

Han should get offense+CC sets, with CC+CD primaries.
  • Well, it's quite important to mod GAT for health/protection, so you ensure he's not receiving the protection from Chewie.

CLS I mod for potency and speed, as the main point is getting in his TM removal/tenacity down special early. Opponent GAT is a good target for that.

Han should get offense+CC sets, with CC+CD primaries.

Offense + CC over CD + CC sets? That's how I've been doing it. Right now I have CLS receiving guard from chewie, so I'm set there.

Thanks for advice everyone, will work improving my mods with this advice in mind.
  • *whisper* CLS doesn't need potency if you're trying to land his "tenacity down special early"

Once it's landed (which it always will unless they evade in which case no stat will help), you're good to go.
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    I like CD+CC better on Han. There was a huge thread on CD vs Offense sets and primaries and I believe the consensus was that the closer you get to 100% crit chance the better it is to run 222% crit damage rather than Offense set l, CD triangle. And with Guard and R2's Number Crunch, Han will have capped crit chance most of the time. Though I suppose once you get a CD set and you want to optimize your mods for him, you could also get an Offense set in the same four slots and swap out when facing teams with GK, Revan, Jolee, and/or GMY
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    *whisper* CLS doesn't need potency if you're trying to land his "tenacity down special early"

Once it's landed (which it always will unless they evade in which case no stat will help), you're good to go.
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    *whisper* CLS doesn't need potency if you're trying to land his "tenacity down special early"

Accuracy will help to minimize chance they evade right?
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »

Vendi1983 wrote: »

Accuracy will help to minimize chance they evade right?

Yeah but you can only increase accuracy with an arrow mod, and in most cases it’s better to have speed on your arrow mod.
  • I wish CG could let me transfer one single mod from my alt account to my main. I can pay crystals for it 😅