Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• My non-snarky response is: all TW-A should be a Standard and all TW-B should be Experimental.

For the love of the Emperor, please stop calling it "vanilla"!
  • Nezeru
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Vanilla TW 2-3 times per month or 100% of the time.

Why does the TW post link to the GA megathread??
  • Vanilla once a month, bonuses the rest of the time. No bans.
  • At least 50% vanilla. First of every TW pair should be vanilla, second one with special rules. You tell us those special rules (NO BANS, PLEASE. NEVER. EVER.) before the first TW starts so that we have a few days to prep for the non-vanilla.
  • @CG_SBCrumb i would prefer at minimum 2 vanilla territory wars a month, and i also vote never on banning toons from territory wars and am willing to compromise on the character bonuses, thanks
  • If there's an agreed format, say 4 TW's a month and the last one every month is an exotic one, is the community going to be more tolerant of change.

Like, this forum acts like the TW which prohibited characters was the worst thing ever and then the buffs to ewoks became worst thing... I kinda feel that if there's an established exotic TW then people need to accept it's not going to be purely balanced.

Incidentally...
    3rd most complained problem in the game is Revan whose unbeatable.
    2nd most complained about problem is that Revan can't be used in TW.
    1st most complained about problem is Nest ^^

Anyway I digress.

I personally would like to see:
    Weekly Grand Arena's
    Bi Weekly Territory War
    Bi Weekly Territory Battle

So Week 1 TW / Week 2 TB / Week 3 TW / Week 4 TB
    With Grand Arena every week.
    Exotic TW would be every 4th so Bi-Monthly

Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Nikarah
    51 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I’m a “purist” when it comes to PvP;
    Let’s keep PvP untouched. Rather than bonuses (and certainly rather than bans), it would be more interesting to do different TW maps, or even different style TWs (king of the hill, maybe?). But as far as actually touching teams/toons, I’ve never been a fan of faction bonuses. I’m of the opinion that if a faction needs a boost to become interesting, they should be re-balanced instead. And the toon-bans were such an I’ll conceived idea that it honestly surprises me it ended up coming to fruition.
    I hope this doesn’t all sound overly negative, as I find TW to be the most fun aspect of the game. I love TW, and frankly, it’s a large portion of why I play and spend as much time in the discord community as I do. I think it’s a great enough concept on its own that it doesn’t need gimmicks to make it interesting. Though, as mentioned above, a new map or TW-game-mode (or two or three) wouldn’t hurt.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Once a month or twice a month or every other TW being vanilla (50%) is fine by me
  • I prefer 100% vanilla, but would be fine with at least 50% if others are entertained by boosts. Please make the boosts a little less insane though.
  • No more bonuses / limitations in tw pls... vanilla always
  • Hello there,

I haven't read the other comments, so if I'm repeating someone else I apologize.

I personally loved the first big TW change, with Mace. I had so much fun battling with him it was ridiculous. I absolutely loved it.I giggled like a child, wiping out entire Sith teams. To me, that was a good change, freshened up TW and made it interesting. (I searched for a Jango Fett but never found one).

However, this last change felt like it was trying a bit too hard to perform. I understand there was a lot of hype - some negative, from those first changes. I believe the overall feeling of that feedback was positive, I know I had a ton of fun with it. Character exclusion is vastly different than changing some character.

Ultimately I believe the bold new flavors are awesome, although I give two suggestions:
    1. Enable opt-in format. This enables guilds who are boring to just have vanilla TW anytime they want. Match-ups should only have new formats if both guilds have opted into it.
    2. Be more subtle than removing entire characters, which people work their butts off to increase rarity/gear, and keep it fun (i.e. Mace, Jango).

Thanks for all your hard work. I know it's not easy appeasing the masses. This humble guy appreciates what you've done.
  • I would like Vanilla TW 4 times a month. As a TW coordinator for a TW focused guild, the amount of time and logistics that go into a proper setup with moving mods around is really high. Needless to say, our guild isn't a fan of these gimmicks. What I would like to see is a rotation of TW maps.
  • Vanilla frequency? How about never-
    I know the feedback on the recent TWs has been mixed but I enjoy that it is different every time. Vanilla means zero extra conversation in my guild aside from reminders to get your teams or attacks in. For sure I won’t live some of the iterations but I prefer that to vanilla.
    3 v 3? Dif maps? 1 v 1? 6 v 6? Ships without capitals?
    Two leaders like when you bring an ally?
    Territories of attafkers only/tanks only etc?
    No leadership abilties?
  • Vanilla, vanilla, vanilla all the way.
  • Hey ! Crumbs TW link sent me here? Bah!
  • Thank god for Vanilla TW
    I hate both the buffs and the banned toons! Both are a slap in the face of your time and resources investment, putting Zs/Gear on Traya/Revan and the rest of their teams to get them banned or knocked down easily by Jawas/Clones under steroids is not fun!

I'm all for a 3v3 5v5 mix in TW though!!
  • Vanilla frequency? How about never-
    I know the feedback on the recent TWs has been mixed but I enjoy that it is different every time. Vanilla means zero extra conversation in my guild aside from reminders to get your teams or attacks in. For sure I won’t live some of the iterations but I prefer that to vanilla.
    3 v 3? Dif maps? 1 v 1? 6 v 6? Ships without capitals?
    Two leaders like when you bring an ally?
    Territories of attafkers only/tanks only etc?
    No leadership abilties?
  • The announcement post directs people to a closed thread that if you read the last page directs people to two old threads, one of them being this one.

I am reminded of Arthur Dent's frustration in searching for the council's plan to bulldoze his house:

“But the plans were on display…”
    “On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
    “That’s the display department.”
    “With a flashlight.”
    “Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
    “So had the stairs.”
    “But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
    “Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”
  • Vanilla TW's way more boring but should probably be around about 1/2 the time for the purists. Also, loved both of the TW adaptations - bans were great for having to scrounge with middle tier teams, bonuses made it so a few rando squads joined the other metas as the only squads worth using.

Also, there should also always be a GA or TW running. The downtime at the beginning of january was super boring. These are the end game content, everything else is just a treadmill.
  • So, the question from Crumb is: "would you prefer to have a “Vanilla” once a month? 2-3 times a month? Once every 2 months? Never? Or something else!"

Would prefer to have Vanilla always. If you want to do weird things do them with GA. Leave the one challenging mode that top guilds can enjoy together alone.
  • Vanilla TW should be 2-3 times per month (assuming 4 TW per month).

Also suggest GA run during TBs.

Would also be nice to finally see a new map...
  • Vanilla once or twice a month.
  • Vanilla once or twice a month.
  • Vanilla 9 out of 10 times, the other time you can have a fun buff on 1 or 2 lousy toons that need it- not an entire faction that is already relevant.
  • I like...
    4 TWs per month with 1 or 2 Vanilla (no more banning characters please :neutral: )
    2 TBs per month (Please, please another map... :wink: )
    2 GAs per month during TB :smiley:
    Join THE WØRLD ALLIΔNCE! https://discord.gg/pnEc9aB
  • Please don't ever ban characters again. Buffing characters can be fun, but in moderation. I think a 50/50 split between normal and buffed TW would be good and reduce the amount of new strategy on my guild's officers. Perhaps even repeating some of these buffs, or mixing and matching between buffed factions. I think I would prefer a new map more than anything though. Jakku is pretty boring to look at now.
  • Soooooooo tired of the conversation about TW.

Instead, let’s talk about these Mythic Raids. Now, will they come before or after Darth Revan and the Grievous rework? ;)
  • Please never ban characters again it took all of the fun out of TW for me and my entire guild. Zero positive feedback.

All of the bonuses on the other hand have been super great. Everyone is engaging and strategizing together, plus those with diverse rosters have extra that they can contribute.

I would love to see a different set of bonuses everytime, and random (not always the same group of bonuses).
This discussion has been closed.