Darth Malak Kit (Idea)

Aplus
138 posts Member
edited January 2019
With February upcoming Sith (month :wink:) I thought I would try and come up with a kit for a potential Darth Malak. The following kit is inspired by Embo's elusive strike, Revan's kit, as well as synergy with fallen bastila/ sith and certain lore taken into consideration. Hope you all enjoy!

Edit: I accidentally put Sith Apprentice in place of Devouring Blast in the image. Also I am unable to find a good picture of Darth Malak with his face mask, and I am terrible at photoshopping, Sorry!

yXY1rN8.jpg

Vehement Slash (Basic):

Deal Physical Damage to target enemy twice. If Malak is below full protection, deal damage a third time. If Malak is below full health, deal damage a fourth time. Darth Malak gains one stack of “Dark Charge” for each successful attack landed. (Up to four) (See unique Sith Magnus)

Lacerate (3 turn cool down):

Deal Physical Damage to all enemies, with a 60% chance to apply blind on each enemy for one turn. Enemies who resist the effect will be shocked for two turns instead. This attack is unavoidable. Darth Malak gains one stack of "Dark Charge” for each successful attack landed.

Insanity (4 turn cool down):

Flip all buffs on the target enemy to debuffs and inflict “Insanity” for two turns (Unique undispellable debuff). For each buff flipped, Darth Malak gains two stack of “Dark Charge”

“Insanity”: This enemy is unable gain buffs, counter, assist, or gain bonus turn meter. Whenever an enemy ally attacks, this enemy deals physical damage to himself/ herself for 10% of his/her own max health. This ignores protection. This damage can defeat enemy.

Sith Magnus (Unique): For each stack of dark charge, Darth Malak gains 5% additional offense, 5% additional tenacity, 5% critical damage and 5% counter chance (Up to 100% each). Once Darth Malak reaches 20 dark charges, he gains a new special ability: Devouring Blast.

Devouring Blast: (4 turn cooldown, ability starts on cooldown): Deals Special Damage to target enemy and removes all buffs and protection. Inflict Death Mark for 1 turn. This attack cannot be resisted or evaded.

Sith Master (Leader): At the start of the battle, all sith allies gain potency up for 2 turns. All enemies suffer an irresitable tenacity down for 1 turn. Sith and Old Republic allies gain +2% speed, +3% potency and +3% critical damage for each Sith and each Old republic ally. Whenever an enemy suffers a debuff, all sith allies recover 3% health and 2% protection per debuff suffered.

Replies

• Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ridiculous.
    Darth Malak is nothing like Sith Assassin from SWTOR. He's more like a Juggy.
    Also, Malak countering Revan, the one who actually topped him? Where's the logic in that? Vitiate should be the Revan counter, not Malak.
  • Ridiculous.
    Also, Malak countering Revan, the one who actually topped him? Where's the logic in that? Vitiate should be the Revan counter, not Malak.

I agree that the kit is better suited for another character, as Malak was more of a heavy, slower duelist and not entirely potent with Force Powers, however the kit itself is very good.

He wouldn't be a complete counter to Revan anyway. Also, as we've seen, canon power is not necessarily translated into this game correctly: the power levels would be much different than they are now.

I think this would be a great Darth Revan kit though.
  • Tony12345
    98 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Really like this kit, don’t know much about Malak though but the kit itself is great.
    Just a few grammar suggestions.

“Insanity”: This unit is unable to gain buffs, counter, assist, or gain bonus turn meter. Whenever any other enemy attacks, this unit deals physical damage to itself for 10% of its own max health. This damage ignores protection. This damage can defeat this unit.

Sith Master (Leader): At the start of the battle, all sith allies gain potency up for 2 turns and all enemies suffer an irresitable tenacity down for 1 turn. Sith and Old Republic allies gain +2% speed, +3% potency and +3% critical damage for each Sith and each Old republic ally. Whenever an enemy suffers a debuff, all sith allies recover 3% health and 2% protection per debuff suffered.
  • Ridiculous.

I agree that the kit is better suited for another character, as Malak was more of a heavy, slower duelist and not entirely potent with Force Powers, however the kit itself is very good.
    Not exactly. Darth Malak experimented in Sith Sorcery.
  • Ridiculous.

You got some proof for that? Or is that what you're calling his keeping/draining of the Force Essences of the Jedi Apprentices from Dantooine.

Looking at his feats from the war and the comics that show what they did, his saber abilities are superior to his Force powers, although they're relatively close in terms of mastery.
  • Love this kit. Don't know much about Malak, so don't know if it fits him. Great character, but maybe make him gain a little bit less Dark Charges. He could be called to assist a few times, then he'd be at max charges. Maybe put a limit on the charge kind of like "At the end of this units turn, this character can't gain more than 3 dark charges before its next turn." This wouldn't need any attacks, but would tone him down a bit. This kit is great and reminds me of the Plagueis kit on my profile. Feel free to check it out if you want. Also, in the leadership, it has speed as a percent. Speed has always been a constant, not percent, so although that would be an interesting concept, I don't think this kit is the place for it. You should probably change it to +2 or 3 speed. Great kit.
  • Ridiculous.

You got some proof for that? Or is that what you're calling his keeping/draining of the Force Essences of the Jedi Apprentices from Dantooine.

Looking at his feats from the war and the comics that show what they did, his saber abilities are superior to his Force powers, although they're relatively close in terms of mastery.
    My bad. That wasn't the word I was looking for. No, I wouldn't say that the slaughter on Dantooine was an experiment. Also, quick side note, in questioning someone, don't be too combative. It kinda takes away from your argument. But it's okay :)
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Up