Where has toon revamps gone?

Prev1
No_Try
4051 posts Member
When was the last time we got one? I guess we got foggy chasing one thing after another that both the revamps and requests for them seems gone.

Replies

• The bounty hunters were revamped not too long ago. In place of reworks some factions have seen additions making older characters note viable. That works for me too-
    Most feel like an HK boost is right around the corner.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    What do you mean by revamps? We had Toon design revamp on November with Clone helmets. Last kit rework was I believe in September with Zam Wessel
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Oh yes, HK and GG also got a slight model revamp and HK is definitely getting a rework next month or whenever DR is arriving
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Yes, I mean the kit reworks.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Oh I didn't know we had a rework request section
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

To try and not mix up current character startegy and "wish full thinking" strategy, we move rework and new character suggestions there.
  • No_Try wrote: »

Outside of Bounty Hunters, there really were zero “faction passes” like they used to do.

The EP/Vader update was really just adding 2 level 8 abilities to Palp and a unique to Vader.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

Outside of Bounty Hunters, there really were zero “faction passes” like they used to do.

The EP/Vader update was really just adding 2 level 8 abilities to Palp and a unique to Vader.

Yeah, I forgot about the BH when I wrote the topic, but it really feels like it's been forever since it happened. And I don't expect things to become meta all of a sudden either.

• Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

They tweaked Palp's kit as well though. They put the offense up buff on his aoe stun, and gave a health steal buff for his laugh. They also changed how shock interacted a bit with other characters. That and his zetas made him meta again for a long time
  • Feeling GA - and long term players who've leveled up this or that character for the last 3 years - are getting a little shafted.

For that reason - reworking some of these old, collected, toons - making them viable - would go a long way with some of us in GA (and also TW, of course).

Included old Jedi - never or barely touched and many others. Finishing, with a real leader, Geo's and Tuskens would be a great step.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ships 2.0 launched in May 2018 and that reworked every single ship (from stats to abilities) and was a massive undertaking. Its overshadowed because people only care about toon reworks
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ships 2.0 launched in May 2018 and that reworked every single ship (from stats to abilities) and was a massive undertaking. Its overshadowed because people only care about toon reworks

That and no one cares because ther is 0 meaningful ship content
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »

That and no one cares because ther is 0 meaningful ship content

I do care as I like ships, but 2.0 didn't make it better so it's hard to see ship revamps as a meaningful improvement.

Why does characters need revamps? Because significant amount of power creep passed over them and the ones that were not good to begin with are just embarrasing now. Meanwhile CG has been good with the revamps they have done as far as I'm concerned, revamped toons became useful in some area of the game to a degree.
    Post edited by No_Try on
  • Or they can just releasing new toons sync-ed well with the old ones.

Scoundrels for example.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Or they can just releasing new toons sync-ed well with the old ones.

Scoundrels for example.

That will never save toons like mob enforcer or gammereon guard.
    Scoundrels for example.

n4nvv3lx9i5t.jpg

Sub juhani with GG.
    He's strong enough to last 1 battle.

Bigz, mission and canderous formed a good team with GG under Qi'ra's lead before carth and juhani released.
  • I agree, the reworks were great and not only because it made bad toons/factions much better but also because they managed to give each faction a specific style, making them fun to play as well. Ewoks, Night sisters and Bounty hunters are the factions where they succeeded best with this imo. Hope we will see more of this in the upcoming months.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Scoundrels for example.

To use on what....??? Besides 15 seconds here and there... there is almost ZERO ship content. Smugglers run came out when.... and believe me is super appreciated but honestly is not fun...

Where is content as players we need to demand some actual ship content
    z0tet7td1fx8.png
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member

Scoundrels for example.

Enforcer needs a serious rework, the guard is actually pretty decent on paper.. Kinda like z, he just needs a lil bit of work.
    I'd much rather see a full galactic republic rework tho.. Make all the leads and abilities work for all republics also, so clones can be used with Jedi and stuff.. Cuz they really should
    When was the last time we got one? I guess we got foggy chasing one thing after another that both the revamps and requests for them seems gone.

The revamps are purposeful. BH were done to fulfill their path toward Chewie. It is long-term fulfilling a strategy/business plan not just because the kit sucks.
  • Some common expectations this year:

Rework of HK with release of Darth Revan. Possible rework of grievous with capitol ship.

Rework of clones/galactic republic as new Clone Wars season is released.

Release of major Resistance and FO toons come November/December as EP IX comes out

I really like the way the factions are reworked to give them a specific “feel” and strategy. Debuffs for empire/Sith. Buffs/foresight for Jedi. Rebels tend to deal big damage. FO has advantage, Resistance has expose. I’d like to see more Bounty Hunters ignore taunt, I think that’s an appropriate and fitting attribute for that faction.

I’d most like to see a Separatist Faction pass. How long’s it been since that tag was applied, two years? Yea let’s do something about that. I’d like to see them gain strength/stacking bonuses as battle continues, kind of like how they continued to gain momentum during the fall of the Galactic Republic. A war of attrition, if you will.
  • Jedi should get an ezier exit strategy from imperial retaliation called order 66
  • Ultra wrote: »

Neither do the Devs ;)
  • Toon reworks are easy. Take the TW bonuses, and make them permanent :smirk:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I would love to see Jedi get a reflect. Like, anyone with a saber could, in place of dodge, reflect enemy damage back at them.
    Cuz that's basically all they ever did..
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Gannon wrote: »
    I would love to see Jedi get a reflect. Like, anyone with a saber could, in place of dodge, reflect enemy damage back at them.

I totally agree. Though you would be making Yoda and Vader almost invincible in-game if this were as accurate as film.

It is still a skill we should see, and honestly Jedi Consular, JKG, Kit Gusto, and Eet Kock could use it most.
  • Gannon wrote: »

I totally agree. Though you would be making Yoda and Vader almost invincible in-game if this were as accurate as film.

It is still a skill we should see, and honestly Jedi Consular, JKG, Kit Gusto, and Eet Kock could use it most.

I like this idea. Devs could make a passive ability based on the defense rating which would make a good faction to put defense mods on.
  • Kgrobins5 wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »

I like this idea. Devs could make a passive ability based on the defense rating which would make a good faction to put defense mods on.

IDK if we have had to watch Dooku do his little back and forth waltz for 3 years everytime we hit him I want to see a deflection and returned light blast. If we did a vote, LOL I am going to make that poll now.!
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    3nodnkca5gga.gif