The Galactic War: Update and Changes. (Merged Threads)

Replies

114 posts Member
    So I decided to set up 2 more accounts along side my main account to try and compare gw opponents.

First my main account, level 64 toons 6* purple gear, arena rank 200, I faced teams very similar in gw with odd team containing two 7* toons, I then 7* Lumi the result, several teams containing two or three 7* toons, I was completing 9/10 wars with heavy losses, then the update, battle 6 full 7* team impossible to beat at my power level.

Account 2 level 50 toons. I starred the toons to 4* gear 6, arena rank 230, I was facing teams 3 or 4 levels above, with the odd 5* toon, I then upgraded jc gear to purple, the result teams 8 levels above me all in purple gear by the time I reached battle 6, containing 5* and 6* toons.
    jc power increase was from gear 6 to 7 was only around 200, yet the teams I was now facing had been boosted far beyond my team, gw became impossible. Then the update no changes to my toons battle 4 14 levels above me containing 7* toons fully geared !!!!

Account 3 level 37 toons, gear level 3 and 4, arena rank 2564, I just used the toons given not starring anyone but still collecting the shards, only gearing them to level 4, the result gw opponents are no more than level 20 and start as low as level 1, it's easy obviously, then the update still no higher level overall but hardly any level 1 toons now, and more level 18, still easy but harder.

Conclusion:

GW has been made far more difficult three separate accounts don't lie, to the point that if you are upgrading your toons as normal gw, will become impossible, gw is the only real source of credits, and players will/are stalling in their progress and will lose interest in the game.

I have just about lost interest in main account and account 2 because I can't progress, just spinning my wheels.

If you want the benefits from gw start a new account on side and follow what I did, just collect shards but don't promote until you have at least 3 teams you can 7*, it's gonna be a long haul but I'd rather do this, than the long grind the game is becoming.

• Chaxis
    40 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Third battle in,matched against a team seven lvls said above me,with a lot of stars ,so patch or no patch there's no improvement.
    And to add insult to injury if by some miracle I did beat this team my rewards would be rubbish!
  • Complaining about galactic war difficulty. I would like to continue the discussion because I think it has been an ongoing issue and the fixes still haven't worked for some folks so here is my two cents.
    People were whining because they at level 60 facing off against max toons after the second or third node. How was this fair to them? You can't advance very well if your not getting credits and tokens now can you. I myself had difficulty making it through GW. I kept playing and leveling characters until I had an a, b and c squad but this doesn't help if you toast your entire lineup in five nodes. I have noticed since the update yesterday GW has been progressive. However the opponents I face from node 8 on have been weird to say the least. During battle the enemies proc rate on specials are rediculous. I mirrored a squad that consisted of a phasma lumi dooku Sid Rey. Two of my characters had ability mats two ranks above my opponents. I attacked first. Sid went down. Enemies turn. Phasma goes advantage up and proceeds to obliterate three of my characters. ?????? Never seen that before. Back out and put qui gon to lead and worse results. GW needs a proper fixin to where it's playable for all levels of gamers. Yes I agree that everyone needs to learn strategy and all but if it's completely undo able for folks then yes it needs to be fixed.
    114 posts Member
    Agreed I've made a post comparing gw on three accounts, have a read
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Thanks! I think that I'll wait for the next GW update, before I level up my toons any further.
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    alright i'm lvl 49 with lvl mid40s toons and blue gear, top 200 squad arena, sometimes i barely get to rank 95-99 before dropping back the next day. i logged in to play GW after the GW "MATCHMAKING ADJUSTMENTS" update. I got lvl56~59 enemy at node 4-8, then a lvl 70 enemy at node 9 with all lvl 70 toons, full purple gear, 2 of them are 7* the rest are 5-6*. I mean even the rank 1 guy on my server is only lvl 59 ROFL. i just looooooovee getting match-made with enemies that dont match myself xD. :'(
  • It was probably merged, not deleted.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Not the Devs, it was me. They were not deleted, they were merged.

There have been about 13 new threads started regarding the GW in GD this morning. They pretty much all say the same thing. :/

A good rule of thumb.

If there is a topic already made about what you are going to post, Use it.
    If there is a sub forum that pertains to your topic Use it.

When there are many topics regarding the same thing it makes things confusing and difficult to understand, I realize this is a hot topic but some of the comments and questions have already been posted and answered if you take the time to look.

Does that make sense? It's nothing personal or a nefarious plot by the Devs, I promise! :)

Thanks for understanding.

BTW..The "Merged" thread can be found here.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/18111/the-galactic-war-update-merged-threads#latest
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    I can see the irony if you merge this thread.
    {RotE}
  • Blizz
    16 posts Member
    Oh like that. Don't you drop massively in arena ranking? Since you didn't win any match in 1-2 weeks?

I don't drop in arena rank because I continue to upgrade my arena team, so nobody attacks me because on my server at the rank I am, I'm 2-3k higher than the next guy. So I was having rank 80 rewards with 30 min GWs. Was lovely.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Merging this one too.. :|
  • GW is not impossible people. I get very frustrated by it sometimes, but doesn't mean I can't complete it. I do a bunch of retreats and have a strategy ive been honing for a while that works. Patience we must have, rewards you will receive :blush:
  • Hey all,

As we know Galactic War opponents you draw are ACTUALLY PLAYERS from other servers, who thinks if we move away from that process to a simply auto-generated AI Team, that would work better? Pre-set combinations of teams designed by the developers in GW to more easily balance GW?
  • Thye have not released the calculation process.
    114 posts Member
    DarthCranx wrote: »
    GW is not impossible people. I get very frustrated by it sometimes, but doesn't mean I can't complete it. I do a bunch of retreats and have a strategy ive been honing for a while that works. Patience we must have, rewards you will receive :blush:

I disagree, i'm facing opponents well above me with my a squad full on health and abilities for there level, the opponents speed is better due to the higher level and stars, they get 3 turns before my one I lose 2 toons straight away, I heal the rest then bam another gone whilst they still have five.
  • If we keep merging threads then maybe the developers will see a 14,000 post long thread within 24 hours post-update and it might instill in them a desire to QUICKLY fix GW further.
  • At this point, there really is validity to a completely seperate GALACTIC WAR forum beneath the General Discussion board..
    114 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Not the Devs, it was me. They were not deleted, they were merged.

There have been about 13 new threads started regarding the GW in GD this morning. They pretty much all say the same thing. :/

A good rule of thumb.

If there is a topic already made about what you are going to post, Use it.
    If there is a sub forum that pertains to your topic Use it.

When there are many topics regarding the same thing it makes things confusing and difficult to understand, I realize this is a hot topic but some of the comments and questions have already been posted and answered if you take the time to look.

Does that make sense? It's nothing personal or a nefarious plot by the Devs, I promise! :)

Thanks for understanding.

BTW..The "Merged" thread can be found here.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/18111/the-galactic-war-update-merged-threads#latest

13 threads just today complaining, doesn't that that tell you something is not quite right?

I'm not having a go at you, the work you guys do is great, just pointing out a massive issue.
  • Finished gw 5 day consecutive before, thanks for fixing gw

Wondering Why bugged stuff always give advantage to long player. Nevermind that, New player first huh? Good luck EA.
    the cake is a lie
  • HeavyHitter72
    181 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Wed and Thurs I got my a$$ handed to me by all level 70 teams (some purple gear) by the 3/4 point. Today I walked through and didn't lose a single toon. I am Lvl 55 with two 5* and three 4* toon. geared up to 1 purple and the rest just below (lvl V & VI). I might be missing something, but I think it might be leveled out a bit for me.
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
    114 posts Member
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    If we keep merging threads then maybe the developers will see a 14,000 post long thread within 24 hours post-update and it might instill in them a desire to QUICKLY fix GW further.

I doubt it, there's at least 10 other threads complaining about gw, and they merge mine and jessev's the only ones offering in deapth fact based on experience, ea's stance "just buy more crystals" completely lost faith in ea, so glad I'm f2p, I was waiting for the right data pack, not now. I'll never pay for ea game after this experience.
  • I'm surprised no one has started a thread on this. Has anyone noticed a difference in GW matchmaking? For me GW was perhaps more difficult than before. I have cleared it only 3 times. Once when I was around level 50 and twice since I reached level 70. Today I made it to the 11th battle and lost there.

I made it there with great difficulty. Maybe I haven't received the update yet because I also have not seen the monthly rewards in my inbox yet either.

Has anyone gotten the monthly rewards and seen a difference in GW matchmaking?

• VIII
    495 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    There was an update yesterday lol
    And I didn't receive my credits yet and yes I find GW is a lot easier now
    [SöD]
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    There was an update.. And there is a thread that people are discussing it in.

I will merge this to that thread to make it easy for you and others to read. :)
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    There's been dozens of threads. All been merged too. But yes the matchmaking doesn't seemed to have made much difference. For some it did get easier but for others it got harder. I don't think they managed to fix anything. Just saw a screen shot of a level 47 fighting level 70s
  • BentWookie wrote: »

My mistake, I scanned the General discussion thread and somehow I missed the thread concerning this.

Thanks.
  • Thanks everyone for understanding there hav
    BentWookie wrote: »

My mistake, I scanned the General discussion thread and somehow I missed the thread concerning this.

Thanks.

Hey it's not a problem... I am guilty of it too. We all miss things, it's a human thing.
    Thanks for understanding!

• It's just trial and error now.
    Retreating and switching characters. Changing the order you attack the enemies. Retreat. Repeat.
    Beatable but far away from being fun.
  • MrPsyche
    11 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    The GW is still Anti-Fun.

I like unscripted things.

For about a month now, I have had this feeling in my gut, where your products/services dont sit right. Time to follow my gut.

Lost a life long customer EA.

"I solemnly swear to never use another EA or affiliated product for the rest of my life."

Take care, and it was fun ..... a long time ago.
    Post edited by MrPsyche on