Chances we get a Road Ahead today

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Hoping for an update on the actual road ahead sounds like the actual thing is more than a month away lol

if we are being given hope, that usually means its closer than that. there is always a chance that this is your update that the road ahead is around the corner, but i dont know enough to say that for sure.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Hoping for an update on the actual road ahead sounds like the actual thing is more than a month away lol

if we are being given hope, that usually means its closer than that. there is always a chance that this is your update that the road ahead is around the corner, but i dont know enough to say that for sure.

I hope its a better road ahead... last one was late and lame
  • Im predicting a Darth Malak or Darth Revan next. Not being facetious, but there has to be a Grevious rework coming before summer - it's getting ridiculous. Hopefully that's all for new characters and they just focus on under-the-hood improvements and quality of life aspects we've been clamoring for.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    There must be a new capital ship comming soon, There was that predicted Gen Rework as well as his ship, which was delayed because of the leak, so I do wonder if we do get that in the road ahead.

Honestly can't wait to see it myself, gonna be an interesting new year depending on what's in it. Def time for Sith to make some come back.
  • Road Ahead is in the ICU.

Q & A has passed. CG giveth and taketh away.

At least we have Crumbs puzzles.
  • I’m guessing second week of March.

Preceding that will be periods of “finishing touches” “a mysterious illness, punctuated by periods of contemptuous silence
  • to be honest i'm not expecting it before Fall this Year.....CG is not willing or able to give it to us
  • LS revan surely coming very soon. OR toons are now in the weekly shipments
  • jfears2
    186 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I suggest we flip our focus to demanding a further delay to the road ahead, perhaps this little idea of reverse psychology will trick CG into giving us the road ahead on time, kind of a AHA, take that player base!

I mean it works with my 3 year old when she keeps saying no; I start saying no and then she flips to yes.. if it works there why wouldn't it work here...

And as always, here is my disclaimer: THIS IS SARCASM !!!!!!!! (not to be confused with Sparta, which is a place and not the use of mockery to convey contempt)
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Maybe there is no road ahead, after both new TW failed. Its obvious that current desicion-makers at CG incapable to move this game further, after Sith raid (that is not unique game mode btw), we didn't seen anything new or worth in terms of gameplay or game-modes. GA is not new mode, its just TW variation. This game stuck at self-repeating. So, no road ahead needed to foresight that everything we will see in this year will be altered current game modes, nothing new, like TB or TW was at past.
  • Well probably never see a road ahead. You’d think they’d learn after the last one, but, no. I think they’ll quietly stop doing them since they can’t keep their word. Ever.
  • It definitely loses value being late. Maybe they should be doing them bi quarter instead since they have a hard time announcing things that far ahead.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Well probably never see a road ahead. You’d think they’d learn after the last one, but, no. I think they’ll quietly stop doing them since they can’t keep their word. Ever.

So tomorrow is two weeks since the last time we heard something about the road ahead......so just like what a lot of other people think, it’s six feet under. Crumb, just cancel it and make an announcement. It’s pointless now.

Nope it's not, it's coming. Alive and well.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Well probably never see a road ahead. You’d think they’d learn after the last one, but, no. I think they’ll quietly stop doing them since they can’t keep their word. Ever.

So tomorrow is two weeks since the last time we heard something about the road ahead......so just like what a lot of other people think, it’s six feet under. Crumb, just cancel it and make an announcement. It’s pointless now.

If it does come, it is definitely not alive and well....more like walking dead status. Only cure is for the next one to be on time, THEN it will be alive and well.

Alive and a little sickly.
  • Where we are going, there are no roads... only toads, rumours and shipment hints
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

If it does come, it is definitely not alive and well....more like walking dead status. Only cure is for the next one to be on time, THEN it will be alive and well.

Alive and a little sickly.

Lol hate to see what you think barely alive looks like.
  • It's amazing how they haven't figured this out yet.... They screw themselves over every time by not having it ready when the actual quarter starts and then when they do finally release it there isn't anything on it...

It's almost like they don't know when the quarter actually starts because they apparently don't understand the whole "planning ahead to meet their deadlines" thing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    It's amazing how they haven't figured this out yet.... They screw themselves over every time by not having it ready when the actual quarter starts and then when they do finally release it there isn't anything on it...

It's almost like they don't know when the quarter actually starts because they apparently don't understand the whole "planning ahead to meet their deadlines" thing.

They told us it was going to be late, before it was due. then shortly after they said they would give us an update when they knew more.

its almost like people just want to ignore that.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Also its the fact it is late and on the late date you only given an update saying it’s still late.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It's amazing how they haven't figured this out yet.... They screw themselves over every time by not having it ready when the actual quarter starts and then when they do finally release it there isn't anything on it...

They told us it was going to be late, before it was due. then shortly after they said they would give us an update when they knew more.

If I worked in a restaurant and told my boss an hour before every shift that I was going to be late, and again 2 hours into my shifts start time that I'd be there "soon" I highly doubt I would still have a job..

Them telling us it's going to be late is a nice gesture, to a degree.. They DO know when each quarter starts, planning ahead to have the "Road Ahead" post completed or at least close to completion shouldn't be an overly difficult task.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Also its the fact it is late and on the late date you only given an update saying it’s still late.

I so wish I could get away with that at my job. “Where’s your quarterly budget report, it was due on the first?!”

“Well CFO, remember in the 5th I told you it was going to be late? “

“It was past due when you told me that”

“Yeah, well it’s gonna be later than late, I’ll have last quarter’s report in by the end of the day though! I promise (wink)”

....and that”s when they stopped paying me. And why I no longer pay CG. Shoddy work and promises you won’t keep are unacceptable.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

If I worked in a restaurant and told my boss an hour before every shift that I was going to be late, and again 2 hours into my shifts start time that I'd be there "soon" I highly doubt I would still have a job..

Them telling us it's going to be late is a nice gesture, to a degree.. They DO know when each quarter starts, planning ahead to have the "Road Ahead" post completed or at least close to completion shouldn't be an overly difficult task.

Yes, but if you told you boss you had an appointment a week before and you would be late and not exactly sure when you would get in, then an hour in told him you are still there and would be later than expected. They would cut you some slack.

Again, the road ahead is not just information, it's a plan. They need people to state what will be done in a range up to 2 months out, with some level of certainty. Doing that 2 months before, would make that 4 months out. That's not always easy. They also need all communication to be approved, it's not a simple process. But no matter. Gripe on!
  • Kyno wrote: »

Yes, but if you told you boss you had an appointment a week before and you would be late and not exactly sure when you would get in, then an hour in told him you are still there and would be later than expected. They would cut you some slack.

Again, the road ahead is not just information, it's a plan. They need people to state what will be done in a range up to 2 months out, with some level of certainty. Doing that 2 months before, would make that 4 months out. That's not always easy. They also need all communication to be approved, it's not a simple process. But no matter. Gripe on!

Keep in mind THEY were the ones that originally set the schedule for the road ahead, not us or something we demanded from them. The quarterly road ahead was completely their idea.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

Keep in mind THEY were the ones that originally set the schedule for the road ahead, not us or something we demanded from them. The quarterly road ahead was completely their idea.

Correct and last time they were not as forthcoming about it being late and people complain. This time they gave as much notice as they could and an update......and people complain.

The consistency that is being seen here is less on thier end and more somewhere else than many care to admit.

Also to follow the example before, that person could be working the shift they prefer and asked for, and again with notice, any decent boss would cut them some slack. But no matter. Gripe on!!
This discussion has been closed.