When you don't set any defenses in GA, you should not be allowed to attack

I find it wildly unfair that my opponent in GA can not set defenses, and still get to attack. They are getting 70K in credits for each win, and are able to work on their quests. While they will not be able to beat me, I miss out on 700K in credits as well as progress towards quests. I also don't get to experiment or have any fun at all on offense. Seems to me that if you don't set defenses, you should not be able to profit from attacking.

Replies

• Same thing just happened with me. I didn't think about it like that, I was just like wahoo a win.
  • signed.

While some vets don't care too much about measly 200k, I really need them for.. let me check... EVERYTHING!
  • @CG_TopHat I wanted to make sure you guys saw this just so you are aware of how this can effect a player.

• Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    /signed.

I hope you like getting told you are "greedy" by the whiny crybabies who can't be bothered to actually play GA after joining because they're afraid of losing, though.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Two of my 3 current quests are GA related and I haven't been able to make progress on them because my opponent didn't set a defense, which was annoying enough. I didn't realize they could still attack. Yup, totally agree with OP. In the context of the world, am I going to get super mad about it? Nope. But yeah, it would be a lovely fix if they did it.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    /signed.

I hope you like getting told you are "greedy" by the whiny crybabies who can't be bothered to actually play GA after joining because they're afraid of losing, though.

Funny thing? If you don't set a defense, you still lose...
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    /signed.

Funny thing? If you don't set a defense, you still lose...

Oh, for sure. But if they don't try, they can tell themselves they could have won "if they wanted to."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I agree, if they're joining for "free" stuff, then they shouldn't be able to keep doing stuff the rest of us can't.

So far I've only had one opponent not set defenses against me, but it was pretty boring sitting there doing nothing for 24 hours waiting to see if he'd even attack.
  • Andros
    42 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    /signed GA pls pay attn to this because this sucks. i 1000% agree with OP
  • It would be cool if it auto-deployed for people who don't set defenses in round 1. Have it pull from the bottom of their rosters and just fill it up. Then we could hot knife through butter them at will.
  • The initial plan was for the game to auto-deploy defenses for players who did not set any. Upon the rollout of this feature, it was very buggy and resulted in multiple issues, so they rolled it back.

I would still expect to see it in the future, as many players complain about opponents who set no defenses.