Feedback for TW 28/01 Announcement

Replies

• My preferences:

-no character bans
    -reasonable boosts, but not OP
    -boosts for seldom used characters/factions, especially ones released pre-2017 and never had a rework
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • I don't mind Vanilla TWs at all, but the unique bonuses for under-utilized factions is a lot of fun and I wish they kept them.

But Vanilla is infinitely better than the character bans. Those should absolutely never return.

It would be pretty cool to have something utilizing 3v3. Maybe not an entire TW, but maybe a segment or two (or even an entire row).
  • The only type of ban I would support would be an offense/defense banned, where factions are banned from being used on offense or from defense, for example, one TW bounty hunters can be banned from being set on defense, and nightsisters cannot be used on offense. Spices things up without making hard-earned and geared characters entirely useless.
  • Please give us as much Vanilla as possible :smile:
    I enjoy farming chars and setting up new teams for strategies I have in mind- quite frustrating when you can’t use what you were working on...
    For our TW focused guild wold be ideal 3 vanilla and max 1 special one, with:
    1) avoiding op boosts (teebo infinity loop...)
    2) maybe thinking also about different modifications instead of simple boosting. As example
    -bonus quests (a.e. bonus points for wins using defined/underrated chars)
    - different map lay out
    - Any other idea, that ideally won’t screw up efforts in having built up teams
  • I’m on the fence with this one, I liked banning traya and revan because I don’t like the traya/revan wall meta. TW was way more fun in the lower brackets where no one had traya and revan. It has become all about who has more of those two teams.

I like the buffs because they give other guilds a chance to use more of their roster and use some cheese strats. It does keep it fresh and exciting. Even if the buffs were OP it still opened the match up for different strategies and setups.

I also like ‘vanilla’ but would prefer it to be a fair fight. Still think there’s a huge problem putting 15 revans against a guild with 2 Revans. Pretty sure the entire community would rather see the algorithm improved to look at some characters, so that everyone has the closest fight possible, then vanilla TW would really be about skill and game knowledge and strategy. Losing is still fun if it was a fair and close fight.
  • I vote for mostly Vanilla, with a monthly dose of Fudge Ripple or Strawberry Cheesecake and the occasional Waffle Cone.
  • I think this is the place for the vanilla TW feedback. The thread you linked in your post is closed so that’s a bummer. So I would say the best cadence is every other month. That will reduce the burden of moving mods. So one month you adjust mods for vanilla, next month you adjust mods for bonuses, and repeat. Shifting more frequently would be a pain for mods. Shifting less frequently would leave those who don’t like the bonuses upset.
  • For everyone voting for "Vanilla" TWs, remember that we've only ever had a couple of TW with 0 bonuses. From the first day of launch, Territory Wars had built in bonuses for factions.

I couldn't find a comprehensive list, but these two were added in May of last year to the "already existing faction bonuses."
    Wetwork: Whenever a Bounty Hunter scores a Critical Hit, they Dispel all debuffs on themselves and gain +15% Critical Damage (stacking) for the rest of the battle.
    A Step Ahead: Scoundrels have +20% Critical Chance as long as they have Protection.

The standard TW format had built-in bonuses, we were just "used to them" and they were fairly subtle.

I would like two "vanilla" or "subtle" TWs back to back, and then two TWs with bonuses back-to-back. I like having multiples with the bonuses, because sometimes you have to see bonuses in action to really understand their full implications, and a second war with the same bonuses allows us to learn and improve our strategies.

I am 100% opposed to more TWs where our characters are banned. It was not fun, I did not like it.
  • I would say more plain TW than anything, and then mix in a bonus TW every 2 or 3 times. I like individual bonuses over factions, or at least make the faction bonuses a tad more balanced. I love feeling like wasted characters are useful again, but I dont want a team of g8 Jawas to completely steam roll my G12 zeta'd Bastilla led jedi... make characters matter and useful, not impossible monsters....

And please, for the love of that the game represents, do not ban characters any more. And especially dont ban characters and then tell us it was the community that chose to do so....
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I think %50-%50 would be ideal and %60-%40 either way is acceptable as well.
  • Always have TW bonuses, but make them the smaller bonuses.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Always have TW bonuses, but make them the smaller bonuses.

Yeah they can even make it a test ground how to revamp the old/useless toons so we and them is able to see how the changes stand.
  • As few clown wars as possible for me. I like to work on my roster, and i like to see the work i do pay off. I don’t like when pure luck of the draw punishes me hard for no reason in a game mode i usually love.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    I think that the best idea is to have half and half, half vanilla, half fun bonuses. But I think we should try to do one bonus type per month.

Neapolitan?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Hot fudge Sundae, that falls on a tuesdae of next week.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • At least 50% vanilla. Faction bonuses, maybe changing from area to area, would be interesting - just keep them at a sane level.No more superhero cheese teams (Jawa, Teebo). And absolutely no bans please.
    3v3 is a good example of how you can mix up the dynamics and get the theorycrafters earning their money without banning anyone!
  • My preference is for 2 TWs per month being "vanilla" and 2 TWs per month being a changed-up format. I don't really have any preferences as far as the changed-up format except I think both of those back-to-back TWs should be the same format.....was a huge headache for guild leaders to have one TW with a brand new format one day and then a whole other brand new format a couple of days later.
  • Territory Wars needs a slight revamp. For starters, Grand Arena should pair with Territory Battles and alternate each week with Territory Wars. And since Grand Arena can run three different opponents in a week, so should Territory Wars.

All guild members should be auto-joined. Allow one preparation day for character lock followed by Set Defense 1, Attack 1, Set Defense 2, Attack 2, Set Defense 3, Attack 3. Thats 3 Wars in one week. You could even provide bonus rewards for multiple victories.

As for bonuses, I suggest doing away with faction or character bonuses entirely. Instead, create different strategic bonuses similar to the ones we earn or hinder in Territory Battles. Come up with five or so different types of bonuses and allow the guild officers to "apply" some of them to specific territories during defensive setup. You could even have them vary in strength and utilize a point cap system on applicable zone buffs. Imagine setting trenches for defense bonuses or assigning artillery support to a zone for an added offensive cooldown ability.

If you want flavorful bonuses for faction tags, make them good but not game-changing and specific to the battlefield. Jakku doesnt work. Get rid of it. We need homefield advantage so to speak. Endor (Ewoks), Kasshyk (Wookies), Tatooine (Jawas, Tuskens), Mandalore (Please?), Geonosis, Kamino, etc....We only need six of these. That's three each week alternating, so we get all six in a month.
  • My preferences:

-no character bans
    -reasonable boosts, but not OP
    -boosts for seldom used characters/factions, especially ones released pre-2017 and never had a rework

This..... And maybe some 3v3 territory action.....
  • Ban the Vanilla TW!!!
    I loved the ban TW and the bonus one was so much fun, make it different every time.
  • Woah woah woah, STOP THE CLOCK @cg_crumb!

The first time you guys did the bonuses (which we all like and want) you ran them for entire months worth of TW.

NOW you're telling us that this months bonus factions were for only one TW?!

Not cool! Many of us upgraded bonus toons and encouraged others in our guild as well to do so as well, on the belief it would be for entire month.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Keep running a pair of TWs between each TB just as before.

Split 50/50 vanilla vs. bonuses. Keep the bonuses somewhat sane. Very powerful, but sane.

Also, add new maps. Give bonuses to teams/toons based on which map. Use only era appropriate backgrounds for those maps. Keep tweaking bonuses, and rotating them in regularly. Very few will invest in Clones as is, but knowing their bonuses WILL regularly come back (perhaps on the CW era map) might encourage more to invest in them as a secondary team.

I actually think TW could be a free testing ground for reworks too. A toned down version of the Mace and GG bonuses would be cool for their kits. Some toons deserve more than occasional buffs. Throw in crazy ideas just to experiment. Let us test how strong it needs to be.

No bans ever again. Never ever.

• 90 percent normal. Mess around with grand arena. It stinks anyway. Stop breaking the few things in this game that aren’t broken

And maybe when you ask our opinion, check the link goes somewhere where, you know, one can actually leave feedback. Just a thought.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    For everyone voting for "Vanilla" TWs, remember that we've only ever had a couple of TW with 0 bonuses. From the first day of launch, Territory Wars had built in bonuses for factions.

I couldn't find a comprehensive list, but these two were added in May of last year to the "already existing faction bonuses."
    Wetwork: Whenever a Bounty Hunter scores a Critical Hit, they Dispel all debuffs on themselves and gain +15% Critical Damage (stacking) for the rest of the battle.
    A Step Ahead: Scoundrels have +20% Critical Chance as long as they have Protection.

The standard TW format had built-in bonuses, we were just "used to them" and they were fairly subtle.

I would like two "vanilla" or "subtle" TWs back to back, and then two TWs with bonuses back-to-back. I like having multiples with the bonuses, because sometimes you have to see bonuses in action to really understand their full implications, and a second war with the same bonuses allows us to learn and improve our strategies.

I am 100% opposed to more TWs where our characters are banned. It was not fun, I did not like it.

Second this completely. Couldn’t have said it better myself.
  • Preference:
    No Bans.
    Prefer Standard stats / abilities.
    If bonuses must be applied, I'd rather see minor/moderate faction bonuses (a la OG First Order bonus) or major single-character bonuses (a la Mace Windu in November). I'm not a fan of the massive entire-faction boosts (Ewoks, Jawas, Troopers).
    Meatbag
  • I think ALL TW's should be "VANILLA". No more buffs and definitely NO more bans. Make TW great again.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    They want to do the infinite loop jawas and woks again!? Geez I thought they were against infinite loops.. Guess they can't be consistent in anything they do tho..
  • I want the old TW back. These are tedious and annoying...