shield for arenas

Is there anyway to apply a shield or something of the sort in both arenas? For example you are attacked and lose, then you can't be attacked for the next 4 hours. I do my best to grind out the best spot I can get before the end of the day and it sucks to drop over 50 positions or so.

Replies

• Nope. Nothing to prevent you from Dropping
  • I understand that. Im just trying to throw a suggestion out there. What are your guy's thoughts on this. Good? Bad? indifferent? would it help the game? Hurt the game? ETC...
  • That sort of suggestion would allow for abuse. I attack you and knock you back.

You then climb up to first place, and nobody can knock you out of position until the 4 hour window expires.

Everyone falls. Depending on your squad and mods, you may fall less than or more than other players. There's also some luck involved - players with Revan can usually kill any squad, so they don't target people. You'll just get knocked back if you happened to be in the farthest spot they could reach. If you were a little closer than that, they might jump right over you.
  • beer30mn wrote: »
    I understand that. Im just trying to throw a suggestion out there. What are your guy's thoughts on this. Good? Bad? indifferent? would it help the game? Hurt the game? ETC...

So soneone could take 1st, 'shield' themselves and block everyone from taking 1st for 4 hours? How would you feel if every single person in your attack range had this shield so that it was impossible for you to move up?
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    That sort of suggestion would allow for abuse. I attack you and knock you back.

You then climb up to first place, and nobody can knock you out of position until the 4 hour window expires.

Everyone falls. Depending on your squad and mods, you may fall less than or more than other players. There's also some luck involved - players with Revan can usually kill any squad, so they don't target people. You'll just get knocked back if you happened to be in the farthest spot they could reach. If you were a little closer than that, they might jump right over you.

I don't see the abuse if the only way someone can get a shield is if they lose on defense
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    beer30mn wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »

I don't see the abuse if the only way someone can get a shield is if they lose on defense

Someone attacked you and loses on purpose, and now you are locked into 1 for the next 4 hours. No one can take first for the next 3-4 POs.

It doesnt work in this kind of arena.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Someone attacked you and loses on purpose, and now you are locked into 1 for the next 4 hours. No one can take first for the next 3-4 POs.

If you lose you don't stay in first place..........heck I'm pretty sure if you lose you don't get to stay in any rank you were just in before you lost. The thing I see though would be losing and then being locked into....lets say 4th or 5th place. ETC.

2nd takes 1st. 2nd is blocked
    4th takes 3rd. 4th is blocked.
    5th takes 3rd. 5th is blocked.
    3rd takes 1st. 3rd is blocked.

It's now impossible for anyone to get into the top 5 for 4 hours. The top 5 repeat the process 4 more times, they now have it locked down for 20 hours straight.

I'd call that open to abuse.
    Kyno wrote: »

If you lose you don't stay in first place..........heck I'm pretty sure if you lose you don't get to stay in any rank you were just in before you lost. The thing I see though would be losing and then being locked into....lets say 4th or 5th place. ETC.

If you lose a fight, you stay in the rank you were, So take first, fight 2-4, lose, and Locked in first, That’s a really bad idea .

Shard chats exist. It would be real easy to get someone to "lock" you for 4 hours by them going in and timing out.
    Is there anyway to apply a shield or something of the sort in both arenas? For example you are attacked and lose, then you can't be attacked for the next 4 hours. I do my best to grind out the best spot I can get before the end of the day and it sucks to drop over 50 positions or so.

This ain’t Clash of Clans. You win, or you drop. Otherwise it’s a Galaxy of Shields, not a Galaxy of Heroes.