Thoughts on Darth Revan requirements

Prev1
With the 4 "Dark side" KOTOR toons becoming farmable, and the heavy suspicion that we will get Darth Revan or Malak this month, I'm wondering about the team.

The rumor mill has always said that they expected an Old Republic tag for HK, but with Jedi Knight Revan being brought back again to start the month off, I suddenly wonder if JKR will be the 5th piece.

From a farming perspective I imagine many people would be upset about this, but from a story perspective, I do think it would be a fun approach.

Replies

• Money money money
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • I made a post on my thoughts for Darth Revan. So far I’m already wrong about Revan’s return.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/193251/could-darth-revan-be-coming-speculation-and-possible-requirements#latest
  • It won't be Revan. They won't put a hero's journey into an equivalent event. Maybe Sion, nihilus or a new legendary
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Money money money

This..... Expect a marquee to show up in the meantime that you need..... Also, expect the Darth Revan team to hand the ls Revan team their lunch at will...... It's just how this game goes....
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Ianuvan wrote: »
    It won't be Revan. They won't put a hero's journey into an equivalent event. Maybe Sion, nihilus or a new legendary

It will be Revan

No it might be Revan

Until it’s confirmed there’s no point saying ‘yeah it’s definitely going to require this’
  • I figure it will be Revan, there's a slight chance it will be Malak or HK, but beside those 3 Im not sure who else it would be
  • 5th might be Sith Marauder or one of the other generic Sith.

I would say overall fewer people would have Marauder at 7* than other Sith so we can expect CG to go with that
  • 5th might be Sith Marauder or one of the other generic Sith.

I would say overall fewer people would have Marauder at 7* than other Sith so we can expect CG to go with that

Guess I'm the exception. I have every Sith at 7* lol.
  • My prediction is Darth Revan is not coming, Darth Malak is. So it makes total sense you will need JKR, Carth, Ordo, Juhanni and Emo Basti to take him down... This essentially means you will need EVERY currently available OR toon to get Malak making him the most expensive character in the game to date... Just remember you heard it here first =)
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It won't be Revan. They won't put a hero's journey into an equivalent event. Maybe Sion, nihilus or a new legendary

Just because they haven't before, doesn't mean they won't do it now. It's not like there's a huge number of Hero Journeys to base this kind of speculation on.

It's worth noting that most of Jedi Revan's abilities work with Old Republic characters as well as Jedi, so it seems plausible.

I'll actually be stoked if he's the 5th required character since I'll be getting him and gearing him up when the event hits. One less hard node farm is fine by me.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I hope its JKR or something really hard to get toon

Like, I really want to get Darth Revan day one but my biggest issue with JKR is that its an extremely powerful toon that anyone can get with little effort (5 easy to farm toons) compared to other powerful journey toons that required legendaries. I've seen some lower level immature shards plagued with wallet warriors that have no chance to compete because they don't have the toons to fight against Revan yet

You can argue that a newer player just needs to farm KOTOR toons instead of Phoenix as soon as they can and I'd rather not have Darth Revan or future journey toons as easy to obtain

I've been under the impression lately that you can't have dual alignment requirement events... or that its possible but something CG actively avoids. We might need a 5th KOTOR toon that is dark side alignment

Another case for the 5th toon could be T3 since the devs wanted him to have a neutral tag
  • The 4 kotor characters that are becoming farmable doesn't make sense - 2 are LS and 2 are DS.
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    sigsig wrote: »
    The 4 kotor characters that are becoming farmable doesn't make sense - 2 are LS and 2 are DS.

That’s because in the story arc Revans companions were from multiple alignments (Light/Neutral/Dark).

They simply banded together for whatever their individual reasons were, while ultimately wanting to prevent whatever scheme Malak was planning.

So from that perspective it is perfectly understandable to have cross alignment toons for KoTOR event(s)

**I generalized for the sake of not writing a novel.
  • In my opinion, what I think they really need to start doing is having more toons like Traya/ Raid Han/ GK, or IPD and ROLO that require work to acquire... Say what you will about the Sith raid, but it was the last time in the game that people came together and strategized for more than a few days.

I am certainly glad we are getting more legendaries now, following up on the marquee fest, but even those are kinda becoming mundane. Once you have farmed the toons, the events are pretty passive. Even the events themselves don't require strategy or planning. Just RNG. Grand Arena is fun and all, but there is more waiting than playing involved, and really is just a reskinning of Territory Wars, which, themselves are becoming kind of routine (OP buffs aside). The biggest challenge with Rancor is getting into the raid before it ends, and with the advent of C-3P0, HAAT is going that way too.

Everyone gets bent about the new things they try (and frankly, I do think banning characters was a stupid call), but trying new things needs to happen more. But so to is ACTUAL new content. Not just a couple easy Heros Journeys, or legendaries that are frustrating for a day or two, then its over, but the kind of gameplay that requires continued strategy and theory crafting.

tl;dr: WE NEED MORE ENGAGING GAMEPLAY!

• Bluefrogg
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    What 4 dark side Kotor characters are farmable? I only count 2?
  • I've said it for a while now, Malak will come first. He'll be a Legendary, requiring any Old Republic characters. Thing is, just like the Chewie event on it's first run, it'll be insanely difficult unless you have Revan or Carth. Revan will be the Bossk equivalent, technically obtainable but hard to get unless you saw the writing on the wall. And Carth will be the Jango equivalent. A lead that really makes the event much easier, but unless you're spending money you're not able to use him.

Then, three months later, Darth Revan comes and requires Malak, along with 4 others.
  • Y
    Ultra wrote: »
    I've been under the impression lately that you can't have dual alignment requirement events... or that its possible but something CG actively avoids. We might need a 5th KOTOR toon that is dark side alignment

It’s a game, of course you can have dual alignment, they don’t need to specifically code it for mixed alignment, they build these events from the ground up (well the “journey” anyway and just through in some old ls and ds battle backgrounds).
  • I made a post on my thoughts for Darth Revan. So far I’m already wrong about Revan’s return.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/193251/could-darth-revan-be-coming-speculation-and-possible-requirements#latest

You are not entirely wrong because u expected revan to be before whatever sith release. The thing is they can’t hold it too close, while u estimated a 1 week gap only. They need people to invest in JKR and then get stumped by the next release, and then if they managed to get BOTH JKR and whatever release, they would spend double the gear and zetas, which means possibly more money for EA CG.
  • There are two possible options in my opinion:
    1.) Darth Revan will not show up in Feb.
    We will get Malak as a legendary. In case of this we will need LS OR Toons to get him.
    Revan will come in April/Mai as a "heroes journey".
    2.) Marquee Malak, Darth Revan as "heroes journey" both in Feb.

I prefer first Option, but I could imagine that cg prefers the second one as it allows them to make imense money.
  • Anderle wrote: »
    There are two possible options in my opinion:
    1.) Darth Revan will not show up in Feb.
    We will get Malak as a legendary. In case of this we will need LS OR Toons to get him.
    Revan will come in April/Mai as a "heroes journey".
    2.) Marquee Malak, Darth Revan as "heroes journey" both in Feb.

I prefer first Option, but I could imagine that cg prefers the second one as it allows them to make imense money.

Jim its No. 1!
  • Malak Legendary is my guess....way too soon for Darth Revan
  • evoluza wrote: »

It's a journey... You need Luke in Luke's journey, Rey in Reys and reven in revans.
    It won't be revan sounds extremely wrong

I don't think a new Revan or Malak is coming soon.
    I don't think they'll make Sith the top squad again until a bit later considering they reigned supreme from Feb thru October of 2018, and have still been the 2nd or now 3rd best squad since.

Perhaps a new faction takes the stage.
  • My prediction is Darth Revan is not coming, Darth Malak is. So it makes total sense you will need JKR, Carth, Ordo, Juhanni and Emo Basti to take him down... This essentially means you will need EVERY currently available OR toon to get Malak making him the most expensive character in the game to date... Just remember you heard it here first =)
    Hear, hear!
  • Corrog wrote: »
    I've said it for a while now, Malak will come first. He'll be a Legendary, requiring any Old Republic characters. Thing is, just like the Chewie event on it's first run, it'll be insanely difficult unless you have Revan or Carth. Revan will be the Bossk equivalent, technically obtainable but hard to get unless you saw the writing on the wall. And Carth will be the Jango equivalent. A lead that really makes the event much easier, but unless you're spending money you're not able to use him.

Then, three months later, Darth Revan comes and requires Malak, along with 4 others.

This makes a lot of sense, however, I think it leaves the door a little too open for FTP if they follow precedent (obviously they don't have to). Precedent would tell you that if Darth Revan did come in 3 months, we would get a second shot at Malak right before hand. That gives a lot of time to farm up the new KOTOR characters... and I just don't think they would do that.

We know that the second round of Revan is coming next week so that gets 1 of the 5 characters needed. Nasty Basty and Ordo are farmable now. We can probably expect Carth and Juhani to be farmable sometime in the next two weeks. It may be down to the wire but I think it would be more than doable.

**Just realized your example says any of the KOTOR characters. My outline was looking at it from the assumption of the "new" KOTOR characters + Revan being needed. But who knows!
  • 2/4 new OR toons are light side. Therefore, you could be looking at a hero’s journey that requires those 4 and Jedi jevan, a legendary event that requires 5 OR toons (will need to be geared like the chewie event), or (the most likely) nothing.