Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Coa020 wrote: »
    At my 3,25m GP i need 10 teams on offense and 10 teams on defense, and that is 60 chars. I have 21 g12; 11 g11; 9 g10 and rest is g8&9. So again your argument is not true. Instead of 3-12 crappy 10k power g8&9 chars they have 3-12 almost fully geared chars. and that will most certainly get you one full team short to deal with enemy defense.

I did say the minimum amount of teams you should have at your gp. 20 teams is easy to field, even at my level. I'm a million gp below and have more teams than you? Really?
    Sounds more like user error to me
  • well you will understand when you get to more GP
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    well you will understand when you get to more GP

I don't think it will be an issue for me. I need to place 8&8, so I have enough preset 3v3 teams to place 8, kill 8 and still have at least 8 left over unused. By the time I get to 10s, I'm sure it'll still be the same. I forgot to even use traya this GA..
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    @Liath "but I think in most cases it’s not nearly as big a factor as people are making it out to be" That is not entirely true. Difference in char power is from 30-120k and that is much more felt in 3vs3 then regular 5vs5. 30-120k more power means 3-12 20k power characters instead of mine 3-12 10k characters. So he will have 1-4 more fully upgraded teams. And all that is happening because ship power is calculated when it should not be.

As I said, I am in exactly this position right now. I am in 8th place in character GP in my group. I don’t expect it to make any difference at all.

The person with the highest character GP has more than 200k more than me. If I faced him I would have no trouble beating him. But I won’t face him because he already lost to somebody else in round 1.
  • 3v3 is a joke. All characters and no ships is stupid. Just do 5v5 with a ship or two on defense and everything would be perfect. No one builds their toons around 3v3 and it’s stupid to do so now with only 1 activity that uses 3v3.
  • My biggest issue with GA is how long it takes. I wish the defense you set at the beginning was used in all 3 rounds. That way we reduce the length by 2 days setting the same defenses again. # straight days of attacking would be better and would not make me lose interest near the end. At least this time I am getting at least 1 zeta so the rewards are better for the amount of effort needed. And since this is new I would rather they play around here than with TW. i wonder how many people would start complaining if in GA they limited characters or flat out said something like you must attack rebels with rebels or empire with empire. That would throw everyone for a loop. ( No please don't do this, this is a horrible idea just an example of how extreme you should not get)
  • Milolyen wrote: »
    I don’t like how fleet GP is calculated in match making even when they aren’t used. They definitely need to work on the matching system. 4 in my bracket of 8 don’t stand a chance against me, 2 are about even with me and 1 is far superior. The algorithm they are using needs serious work.
    You should see my final GA match:
    Me with 812k character GP vs 1,081k ... and that's not the worst it could have been.
  • You can have 5M more GP than the opposition. If you get stuck on a NS or Revan team and dont have a counter you are screwed.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    You can have 5M more GP than the opposition. If you get stuck on a NS or Revan team and dont have a counter you are screwed.

They've been around for months, anyone who hasn't googled and farmed up a counter just isn't trying
    😔
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    You can have 5M more GP than the opposition. If you get stuck on a NS or Revan team and dont have a counter you are screwed.

They've been around for months, anyone who hasn't googled and farmed up a counter just isn't trying
    😔

Neah, it doesn't happen like that in reality. A good hidden squad at the back zones can spell the end for the opponent. Last match

ssh454qu6da7.png
  • No_Try wrote: »

😔

Neah, it doesn't happen like that in reality. A good hidden squad at the back zones can spell the end for the opponent. Last match

ssh454qu6da7.png

Yep exactly. All part of the tactics though
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

😔

ssh454qu6da7.png

That's why you gotta keep your counter teams separate and save em just in case. Lol I can't tell you how many times my opponents don't place sisters, and I don't get to use my counter team for it. I didn't get to use my traya this round either.
    😆
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I placed my best squads in defense, then waited, my opponent waited, it ended. So if anyone is matched with me, you go ahead I'll wait. Zzzzzzz
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Deadheat wrote: »
    3v3 is a joke. All characters and no ships is stupid. Just do 5v5 with a ship or two on defense and everything would be perfect. No one builds their toons around 3v3 and it’s stupid to do so now with only 1 activity that uses 3v3.

Agreed. I absolutely love GA, and I gave 3v3 a chance the first time, but I just hate it. I didn’t farm for this setup. I didn’t mod for this setup. So far in 2 rounds I have done all auto battles. I’m sticking to focusing on 5v5 and ships.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    My biggest issue with GA is how long it takes. I wish the defense you set at the beginning was used in all 3 rounds. That way we reduce the length by 2 days setting the same defenses again. # straight days of attacking would be better and would not make me lose interest near the end. At least this time I am getting at least 1 zeta so the rewards are better for the amount of effort needed. And since this is new I would rather they play around here than with TW. i wonder how many people would start complaining if in GA they limited characters or flat out said something like you must attack rebels with rebels or empire with empire. That would throw everyone for a loop. ( No please don't do this, this is a horrible idea just an example of how extreme you should not get)

I think the devs figured out if they put an auto deploy that it puts you at risk. All someone has to to is take a picture of your defence and share that with the others in the matchup. You would be toast.
  • Overall, I really like GA. It's a nice mixup. However, the wrong matchup makes it really frustrating. I don't have a single G12 toon (2 G11s and 5 G10s), and 4 zetas total in my entire roster. In yesterday's GA the front line defense I faced had 4 g12 and 6 zetas. I couldn't defeat one squad (though, in fairness, I probably could have beaten one of the front 4 squads with the right matchup) while he wiped me out with apparent ease. That is not the least bit enjoyable.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Well the fun continues. In the previous match neither of us attacked, I had more GP, and lost?
  • Well the fun continues. In the previous match neither of us attacked, I had more GP, and lost?
    Did you have more GP at the end of the signup phase or are you comparing your current GP values?
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Or maybe forgot to place a team? Lol
  • Full deployment. Hard to say about GP. Before lock, after lock, so tired of all the loopholes.

>. <
  • Full deployment. Hard to say about GP. Before lock, after lock, so tired of all the loopholes.>. <
    It is almost certainly GP before lock. It appears that you can tell who has the higher GP before lock by looking at standings of players with same win totals before the fight.

• So GA is won by a variation of betting the point spread lol

Typically ga is won by playing it, Sitting and doing nothing , isn’t a good strategy lol

Typically ga is won by playing it, Sitting and doing nothing , isn’t a good strategy lol

Hey if it works.. lol
  • Swivelingsneezer
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I think the tie breaker is reversed for ga. I should be rewarded for doing just as well as someone else if I have less gp. That means my strategy was better.
  • Mef1428 wrote: »
    Full deployment. Hard to say about GP. Before lock, after lock, so tired of all the loopholes.>. <
    It is almost certainly GP before lock. It appears that you can tell who has the higher GP before lock by looking at standings of players with same win totals before the fight.
    If I go in to GA now and view my profile via the Event Rewards list, it shows the current state of my roster, not the state it was in when a snapshot was taken for the GA.
  • Ahhhhh

The feeling when you beat someone with a Revan in their roster.

Priceless
  • TWO matches lost because of crash during fight load... THANK YOU
  • Ok can someone explain this to me please? The fight starts with our scores being the same. We both clear the top half of the board in one try. The bottom half he beats one of my teams in one try. I beat one of his in two. He has four more tries against me that failed. He's ahead. Why?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Ok can someone explain this to me please? The fight starts with our scores being the same. We both clear the top half of the board in one try. The bottom half he beats one of my teams in one try. I beat one of his in two. He has four more tries against me that failed. He's ahead. Why?

The failed ones don't matter as long as you don't push him for a further score. One the tie breaking match he cleared in 1 try and you did in 2.