TW 1/31, important question

Buffs again are fine but have you fixed jawas?

Last time they did not work as described. Not even close.

They called assists on every attack, even against non stunned, and non stunable toons (like the 50 shot barrage my guarded non stunnable han suffered).

They also called assists from themselves if sent in as a single attack unit.

This is not as described, again, so 2hat are we to expect?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They will behave the same way they did last time.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Those little guys were so amazing to watch.
  • Kyno wrote: »

So not as described then.

It needs to read; they will call assists on every attack, regardless of whether the target is stunned. They can also assist themselves.
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    Yea the jawas and ewoks are broken, not working as advertised.
    Kyno wrote: »

It needs to read; they will call assists on every attack, regardless of whether the target is stunned. They can also assist themselves.

It's so ridiculous. Can kill any team in the game if done right, it's Dumb but still a lil entertaining to watch
  • Gannon wrote: »

It's so ridiculous. Can kill any team in the game if done right, it's Dumb but still a lil entertaining to watch

Yep, it's great to see an under used faction buffed and useful in the game, but it's frustrating that the devs post the same wording and don't even bother to address if they have done anything about the broken mechanics.

"Editor's note; jawas are crazy"

Player's note; your description and programming do not match

I am still at a total loss to explain what happened last TW when I attacked some pesky jawas with han and chewie. They multi assisted for ever against han, coming to an abrupt stop after a huge number of hits leaving my han on a sliver of health, no stuns in sight. My han and chewie then mopped up.

It's not as described and I've got no idea why it happened, what part of the mechanic is broke or even why their assist cycle eventually ceased before the target was dead.

?
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »

Yep, it's great to see an under used faction buffed and useful in the game, but it's frustrating that the devs post the same wording and don't even bother to address if they have done anything about the broken mechanics.

"Editor's note; jawas are crazy"

Player's note; your description and programming do not match

I am still at a total loss to explain what happened last TW when I attacked some pesky jawas with han and chewie. They multi assisted for ever against han, coming to an abrupt stop after a huge number of hits leaving my han on a sliver of health, no stuns in sight. My han and chewie then mopped up.

It's not as described and I've got no idea why it happened, what part of the mechanic is broke or even why their assist cycle eventually ceased before the target was dead.

?

My solution last war was to use the buffed factions to kill em, or do what I did..
    Nest. Alone. With 100 tenacity. Never got a turn but killed them all anyway. Took four minutes tho
  • Guess Revan coming back is the olive branch. Until the bannings return.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I'm sorry, but that is just ridiculous. The buff was clearly broken, multi-assists on non-stunned opponents just being one issue. No word on them planning to fix it then? Just wacking broken content back in for the sake of it?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I'm sorry, but that is just ridiculous. The buff was clearly broken, multi-assists on non-stunned opponents just being one issue. No word on them planning to fix it then? Just wacking broken content back in for the sake of it?

No one has said they dont plan on fixing it, just at this time there has been no changes made.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    edited January 2019

No one has said they dont plan on fixing it, just at this time there has been no changes made.

they could at least change the wording to reflect what is ACTUALLY happening. It’s not that hard to do, they didn’t have to actually fix it, but at least we will know what is actually going to happen.

Reintroducing a bugged mode just shows they don’t acknowledge the bug at all.

Edited for content. - EA_Cian
  • UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    edited January 2019

Perhaps you could have used better phrasing than "they will behave the same way they did last time". It would be handy to know if they plan on fixing it. Ewoks were a bit overpowered, but that was kinda fun. Jawas were flat out broken.

they could at least change the wording to reflect what is ACTUALLY happening. It’s not that hard to do, they didn’t have to actually fix it, but at least we will know what is actually going to happen.

I hope they fix the ability rather than the description. There's been a couple of times where they have changed a description rather than fixing a problem, it's a bit lazy.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Unable or unwilling to fix is the only acceptable reason for allowing it to remain as is.
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Totally blown away they are running the same broken, op bonuses again after the feedback I read.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Perhaps you could have used better phrasing than "they will behave the same way they did last time". It would be handy to know if they plan on fixing it. Ewoks were a bit overpowered, but that was kinda fun. Jawas were flat out broken.

I hope they fix the ability rather than the description. There's been a couple of times where they have changed a description rather than fixing a problem, it's a bit lazy.

I got that information at separate times.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

They stopped assisting without killing a toon more than once for me, so that description wouldn't be accurate either.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

They stopped assisting without killing a toon more than once for me, so that description wouldn't be accurate either.

I had one battle where they literally looped for four minutes straight. Recorded it.
  • leef wrote: »

True, that's what happened when I attacked them as well, as I described above.

So, need to add "at some stage they randomly stop attacking" to the end. Because I have no other way to work out what stops them assisting.

The big issue here is they were not doing what was said in their abiliry last time, it was impossible to reproduce so we could work out what on earth was happening because we have limited ways to do so within a single TW, and they've simply slapped the same description and programming onto jawas for the 31st.

We need either a correctly programmed jawa ability, or at least a correctly described ability so we can actually work out effective counters; last time high tenacity and stun immunity did not prevent them calling assists. @CG_SBCrumb
  • Robert wrote: »
    Totally blown away they are running the same broken, op bonuses again after the feedback I read.

like that our feedback ever mattered right?