2% - Really?? Really??

Prev1
Kluge
519 posts Member
cg6pm28y8e6a.jpg

Funny how a 2% dodge chance plays out to about 40-60%. Let's get the rng dial set correctly. Deal?

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    LOL I was looking for the thread about ship RNG rate this very second and ask if someone else was noticing Biggs ship dodging A LOT

EDIT: to add more information, my biggs and opposing biggs aren't breached at all neither are my ships that are attacking Biggs X-Wing
  • In one fleet battle I had the enemy ITF dodge three times in succession without foresight, AND FOTF double tap AND double-inflict TL on two straight turns. Was as impressive as it was frustrating. RNG is a fickle beast, that's for sure.
  • Breech seems to never work for me, but the AI always lands it. :D
  • Couple of comments here:
    1. ITF actually has higher than 2% dodge (~40%)
    2. Breach can be resisted like any other debuff, and a non-taunting Hound's Tooth has bonus Tenacity, so is a really bad target to try and Breach. Some players have their HT shoot the opposing HT with Breach, and that is unlikely to be successful because of the tenacity.
  • SkiaRyder
    120 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Biggs dodge is definitely different with Millennium Falcon in game I have noticed also
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Couple of comments here:
    1. ITF actually has higher than 2% dodge (~40%)
    2. Breach can be resisted like any other debuff, and a non-taunting Hound's Tooth has bonus Tenacity, so is a really bad target to try and Breach. Some players have their HT shoot the opposing HT with Breach, and that is unlikely to be successful because of the tenacity.

ITF has 27.25% dodge chance, not 40%.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    What im seeing is if one of my ships is breached the ones who are NOT breached are ALSO surreding accuracy penalty
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    There seems to be some crazy thing going on with the dodge rate in ship battles, wondering when we get a dev in here to give us some confirmation.

Because these are not isolated cases, so many of us are seeing these weird things happen with a ship with 2% dodge chance, dodging multiple times.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    There seems to be some crazy thing going on with the dodge rate in ship battles, wondering when we get a dev in here to give us some confirmation.

Because these are not isolated cases, so many of us are seeing these weird things happen with a ship with 2% dodge chance, dodging multiple times.

Today an enemy Biggs dodged my attacks 3 times in a row... it's mind-boggling! I lost the battle of course.

Gotta love those moments where its like "Ok cool, it's 2 ships against his Ghost, and his one is one hit away from dieing and I've got my three going before both of us, lets do this" "dodge, dodge, dodge". "Enemy reinforces with Vader, wipes you out, you lose" "hangonwhatjusthappened".

Though with this, its the tanks who are doing all the dodging, making then even tankier... yay ships these days :p
  • I'd love to go back to 5v5. Thoroughly enjoyed ships back then.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Again i think the bug is that the breach accuracy penalty is extending to ships that are not breached.... if biggs IS breached its perfectly feasable for him to be dodged 4 times..... its when he is not breached but HT is and its happening that angers me 2 % 4 times on unbreached ship over and over is bugged
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    We all complaining about the 20 dodges with no breach... question is anyone report it.... otherwise we complaining to the wind
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    We all complaining about the 20 dodges with no breach... question is anyone report it.... otherwise we complaining to the wind

Newsflash: if you're posting bug reports on AnswersHQ, it's pretty much useless too. Nothing I have ever posted there since they switched over (allegedly) has EVER gotten fixed. Not one.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I’m studying game design right now and I notice there seems to be a shocking lack of attention to feedback. That’s the first thing they stress to pay attention to. Someone might wanna tell CG that cause it seems like they only pay attention when it’s 20 posts about a specific subject like how the GA mismatches were happening.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    I’m studying game design right now and I notice there seems to be a shocking lack of attention to feedback. That’s the first thing they stress to pay attention to. Someone might wanna tell CG that cause it seems like they only pay attention when it’s 20 posts about a specific subject like how the GA mismatches were happening.

Sometimes i wonder why the Feedback section even exists!

Hard to start a discussion around here...Closed HT thread, Closed Palp thread.... Suprised the HMF open
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Gorem wrote: »

Exact same experience here. Very frustrating. Especially in combination with all the crazy buffs and multi assist attacks the rebel fleet gets with HMF...
  • I just had my red health Silencer dodge 3 attacks in a row, so it does occasionally go both ways, we just tend to forget the ones in our favor.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I just had my red health Silencer dodge 3 attacks in a row, so it does occasionally go both ways, we just tend to forget the ones in our favor.

Not talking about occasionally... it is a theme
  • A lot of comments indicate that the Ai on defense receives better rng than we do on offense. I also experience this, or at least, I think I do. I have never done any accurate records. Nevertheless, shouldn't the AI get better rng? It helps even the playing field of a human player verus the computer.
    If you want to cry, run a ship battle on offense in auto. Seriously, I don't think fleet could ever be played worse than what I witness the AI do with mine.